GAC 3v3 against GL rey? Instant loss....

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    3v3 is absolutely 'solved'. If CG roll out another 3v3, then they're just dummies. They can never roll out another 3v3 and have it anywhere close to fair with the characters that they've created.

Only feels unfair if you don't have them

Which is a gigantic chunk of the player base. Wouldn’t care too much if GL’s were only matched with GL’s but....

That's the same poor argument as only matching whales with whales. People invest effort or money for an advantage.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    3v3 is absolutely 'solved'. If CG roll out another 3v3, then they're just dummies. They can never roll out another 3v3 and have it anywhere close to fair with the characters that they've created.

And if you go up against them.

I'm at 5.5 million gp, still haven't seen one in Grand Arena. Only seen maybe two General Anakins, for that matter.

What.
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    For sure they already did some try on their side before doing 3 v 3 match. But we will know for sure if some combination are just unbeatable...

GAC and arena are not the same, you can attack more than one time and not having 2-3 attacks do not mean you automatically lose
    Post edited by Jefferx on
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Travesty wrote: »
    Ultimates might be less of a factor since it will be hard to charge them up in 3v3.

Rey’s whirlwind though....

There are good counters for that. Ability block, foresight to name a few.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/totenteufel/
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R R Martin
  • But the question is would you be ok with doing it if the people with 2 GLs who lost every battle got better rewards than the people with 0 who won every battle. Because that’s the only way it would be fair. Otherwise you are just punishing people for acquiring better characters.

According to that logic, a middle weight championship winner deserves less prize money than a heavyweight championship loser. Even though both competed fairly in their respective weight divisions and the latter lost on account of being terrible and needing to git gud.

GAC has always punished us for bloating our rosters. GLs bloat your roster quite a bit. There has to be a drawback for wasting relics on the likes of Vet Han and Rose. People accept this handicap in order to rule squad arena, but GAC is a different animal. GAC matches by roster, not by join date. You can't simply buy the top ranks.

• Jefferx wrote: »
    For sure they already did some try on their side before doing 3 v 3 match.

Ahahahaha! Heeeheehooo that's a good one :D
  • Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    Yeah. But matchmaking is not intended to be fair. It is intended that you spend.

You've never been rewarded for spending though. At least not as a newer player in GAC. Quite the opposite. If your GP goes up too fast, you're mostly matched with far older accounts who have a considerable zeta and mod advantage. You can buy your way to rank 1 in arena, but the whole idea behind GAC is to match you within your weight class.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultimates might be less of a factor since it will be hard to charge them up in 3v3.

Ability block yes. Foresight no. Whirlwind can't be evaded.
  • Tezza23
    88 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Ability block yes. Foresight no. Whirlwind can't be evaded.

And then you have to pray it sticks / no cleanse / but more than likely the 550 odd speed Rey will go twice before you get to go again

• Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    The good news is that it’s difficult to get matches against a player with a GL unless you have one yourself. The high relic cost of getting one puts you in a pretty exclusive category.

One exception is for people like me that skipped GAS and got SLKR. I get matched mostly against people with GAS teams but no GLs. That’s ok though because they can cheese beat my kylo.
  • Ragnorak
    82 posts Member
    The good news is that it’s difficult to get matches against a player with a GL unless you have one yourself. The high relic cost of getting one puts you in a pretty exclusive category.

One exception is for people like me that skipped GAS and got SLKR. I get matched mostly against people with GAS teams but no GLs. That’s ok though because they can cheese beat my kylo.

I have no GL's, and was matched against a GL in every round last time
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I have no GL nor do I have GAS and I got matched against a GL Rey this time around.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

And if you go up against them.

I'm at 5.5 million gp, still haven't seen one in Grand Arena. Only seen maybe two General Anakins, for that matter.

I am 5.7 mil gp and have both. You will be seeing us soon enough.

Let's see what happens. I'm sure there will be plenty of tales to tell about the 3's encounters with GL's. I'm excited!
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Ragnorak wrote: »

I have no GL's, and was matched against a GL in every round last time

Link your profile. I’ll bet you have a lot of relic toons from various factions or GAS.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    hxkh17gcdgla.jpg
  • @Jefferx
    GAC and pvp are not the same,

What? GAC is PvP. PvP just means player vs. player. GAC is that. GAC different from Arena, but what you said is like saying that Nikes are different from shoes. Nikes ARE shoes. They might be different from Doc Martens, but they aren't different from shoes.

Likewise, GAC and Arena are different, but they're both PvP. Just different kinds of PvP.

• GL's are this game's Covid19.
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    GL's are this game's Covid19.

You’re trying way too hard to be edgy.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

you've gone crazy
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

You’re trying way too hard to be edgy.

And the crazy is obv not gone.
  • GL's are this game's Covid19.

Covid 19 is alot easier to get lol
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    @Jefferx
    GAC and pvp are not the same,

What? GAC is PvP. PvP just means player vs. player. GAC is that. GAC different from Arena, but what you said is like saying that Nikes are different from shoes. Nikes ARE shoes. They might be different from Doc Martens, but they aren't different from shoes.

Likewise, GAC and Arena are different, but they're both PvP. Just different kinds of PvP.

😅🤦‍♂️ I corrected my sentence. Sorry English is not my main language😉.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    @Jefferx
    English is not my main language

Totally fine. I was confused, but you have nothing to apologize for. My hebrew is frickin'' terrible, and my French is only marginal. It's really hard to be truly fluent in more than one language. Anyone who even gives it a good try gets points in my book.
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    Treeburner wrote: »

Covid 19 is alot easier to get lol

Doesnt require spending too, unless of course u get fined for breaking any local social distancing laws
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    Doesnt require spending too, unless of course

you're in the USA where insurance stops paying for you if you're in the hospital too long or an out-of-network doctor visits you while you're unconscious, or you just didn't have insurance because you had a job but it didn't give health insurance, or you're homeless and paranoid and not together enough to apply in advance for subsidized insurance before you caught the virus, or ...

Hey, I get it. COVID-19 is freemium! Not everyone pays for it, but some people just gotta whale!
  • Beoccalt
    30 posts Member
    Perhaps not insta loss...
    From the mirror thread of "3v3 GA with GL" Bulldog posted
    "If you know you can’t get through their defense, your only hope of winning is stopping them too. If you go all out on defense, and they also put a few other top teams on defense, you could possibly get a stop yourself. It’s unlikely, but if you absolutely know you can’t beat Rey then it’s really the only shot to win."

Last GA opponents have a better roster I can managed to squeak a win this way; swgoh.gg reconnaissance helped. Neither of us progress much in Feats this way.

Full defense is better than the rudeness of the single team defense "feat denial" that I've been on the recieving end of once or twice. I've not investigated if there is otherwise a championship points loss when your oponent does this had there been all teams there to fight? I assume win credits are not given either?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Yep. Still no Legends, still no Anakins.

I know I'll run into them soon for sure, I'm working on getting Rey so it's bound to happen eventually. But, as of right now, 5.5m, no GAS, no Galactic Legends. 4* Wat.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    5.35M and no GL toons yet.

I've faced GAS just once, but last GAC I forgot to register for the first round, so all the rest of the tournament I was behind the curve and not facing the best opponents.

On the other hand, I can conclusively state that all of my opponents since March have faced at least one GAS. So it's not like GAS doesn't exist in my GP range.

Not sure what my GP will be when I finally have GL Rey. I'm working exclusively on her requirements right now, so I won't be gaining GP that isn't related to bringing Resistance toons up to Relic levels. I figure at most that 10k per toon, and I have a couple toons done. So 5.45 ish when I get GL Rey, and then another 30k for gearing her up, which means 5.5Mgp before I start fielding a GL toon.

Probably others will field a GL at lower GP levels if they started the game later than me, because If I had been 6 months behind I could have skipped GAS and gone straight to GL Rey and that's a couple hundred Kgp right there. I think right now It's less about your exact GP (as long as you're over 4M) and more about time since requirements were announced.