TW matchmaking

Prev1
fader
83 posts Member
edited May 2020
I can no longer spend any money on this game until this issue is fixed TW BUGS WITH MATCHMAKING but matching us against whales in every TW is not fair, oh wait maybe the other guild won't attack
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    fader wrote: »
    I can no longer spend any money on this game until this issue is fixed TW BUGS WITH MATCHMAKING but matching us against whales in every TW is not fair, oh wait maybe the other guild won't attack

What bugs?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    "the other guild being better than yours" is not a bug.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• fader
    83 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

What bugs?

Numbers don't lie we are overmatched in 98% of our TWs
  • fader
    83 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

We are overmatched in 98% of our TWs this is not competitive game play & it's unfair knowing your going to lose before you get started this has been going on over a year now
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

We are overmatched in 98% of our TWs this is not competitive game play & it's unfair knowing your going to lose before you get started this has been going on over a year now

You need to define "overmatched" if you want anyone to take this seriously. You can't just say "they are more gooder IZ TEH BUGZ" and expect any sympathy. Obviously in every TW one guild will have the "advantage" on paper. Doesn't mean you can't win.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    can you provide more detail on what you mean by overmatched?

• In my guild is the opposite.
    TW #119: 94 wins - 25 loss
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

What bugs?

Numbers don't lie we are overmatched in 98% of our TWs

This is not a bug.
  • pk71qt4poew5.png
    Kyno, this is a little detail
  • Arena rank means nothing. You can be in shard chat and get top 1 easily with an average team.
    And you can be excluded from shard chat, with a very good team. You will have hard time entering top 20
  • All those stats are completely meaningless when it’s only measuring 17 profiles from the complainant’s guild.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    All those stats are completely meaningless when it’s only measuring 17 profiles from the complainant’s guild.

That’s what I was thinking when I saw that, some stats are pulled from all 50 tho.
    The first 2 stats and Raid points - that’s it.

Face it, this is one of the most poorly constructed “TW matchmaking is unfair” threads we’ve seen.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    pk71qt4poew5.png

Dude! Read the numbers right. There's a little detail: 17 profiles only. Your remaining 33 members are not included in those numbers.

(also arena ranks are irrelevant)
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Arena rank means nothing. You can be in shard chat and get top 1 easily with an average team.
    And you can be excluded from shard chat, with a very good team. You will have hard time entering top 20

While your overall point is correct, "you can be in shard chat and get top 1 easily with an average team" is extremely unlikely.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    pk71qt4poew5.png

Dude! Read the numbers right. There's a little detail: 17 profiles only. Your remaining 33 members are not included in those numbers.

Yeah, read it right.
    220kk vs 232kk with 50 vs 46. 4 members more but 12 million GP less.fAiR
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Thank you for the details but as others have said that doesnt paint the whole picture, I think the total is accurate but the average, character, and ship GP are probably not.

Also, how many joined from the each side?
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    If 98% matchups are not in your favor, then perhaps your guild members are less competitive than the average 4.4M player.

While it's true that better arena ranks doesn't necessarily mean better players, it DOES mean higher crystal incomes, which are used to strengthen the guild over time.

You need guild members to start earning more crystals, and only add GP for high value characters.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    If over half your guild doesn't even have .gg profiles, I think we can safely assume that most TW losses are on account of most of them being very casual players who don't really care if they win TW. So they probably use bad counters, have mediocre mods, and load TM like crazy.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    The average character GP is far more telling than any other data there. Even the average from 17 vs. 41 is quite informative. For the average (his mates) to be 600,000 less than their mates, that is a lot of disparities if that average has low standard error. I'm running a comparison of the guilds right now with the DSR BOT and I will post pics when it returns.
    1 interesting thing to me is that of the 45 members of the supposed "whale" guild, 43 of them have a good Enfys Nest. The non-whale with more members has less than half the good Enfys Nests. That actually does kinda speak to the quality of the rosters . The "whale guild" does kill them on G12 gears and relics also. Same with the DR Malak comparisons.
    nvygrjtcpwas.pngvtltk98v5f5w.pngb7xhyw20nibk.pngsql2enwgoy3x.png
    6jid9caj7ahz.png
    puz2ml1nz44q.png

• Arena rank
    means nothing.
    Waqui wrote: »

They matter alot more than you think they do. But in regards to matchmaking this isn't really that bad of a situation at all in my opinion OP.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    I don't think i would consider Nest to be a show of roster quality, but thats probably biased by never missing kyber with a g1 lvl1 nest
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Smoten
    10 posts Member
    Hi All,

I’m the leader of the Skeleton Crew. To be honest this one felt like a bit of a mismatch however we had a pretty low number of people join. So it was all of the driven people. Quite a few have been taking a pass lately for reasons you are all probably experiencing.

For what it’s worth, it felt like you guys went a bit heavy on D. You had quite a few with multi-holds. Our front NS zone had 8/19 take more than one attempt on D for you to beat them and they are nothing special. Fleet never came into it.

We are mostly free to play but have a couple of spenders who have the GLs. We’ve only ever won 27 TWs lifetime but probably have a winning record this year so it’s not like we are a bunch of whales or super players.

Sorry if this feels like sticking the boot in, it’s not intended that way. You guys seem like a solid guild. I think with low Join numbers we sometimes get a better matchup but only in the last few months (maybe we have low G13 numbers and high G12 numbers, just a theory).

At 27 lifetime wins we had a couple of years of getting our **** handed to us so its nice to get a few matches in our favour lately.

(Also we are recruiting... shameless promo. Msg me)
  • I don't think i would consider Nest to be a show of roster quality, but thats probably biased by never missing kyber with a g1 lvl1 nest

It is an indicator. Not the determining factor. Nest has high utility. A roster with a usable Nest effectively has an extra niche squad in that she can solo certain other squads. And yes, your never-missed Kyber is anecdotal.

The "whale" guild has
    3538 G12 or better versus 2850
    577 20+ speed mods versus 316

"Whale" guild leader states 2 members are GL whales, but honestly if I had those numbers above with the GL whales subtracted out I still would've bet $ on Skeleton Crew. More DR Malaks and Nests and gear and better mods. Just overall more focused players.
  • Smoten
    10 posts Member
    Yeah that’s a fair point. Number of Malaks is a huge advantage. It’s a nice compliment to be called out as a strong guild as we probably don’t see ourselves in that light
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Arena rank
    means nothing.
    Waqui wrote: »

They matter alot more than you think they do. But in regards to matchmaking this isn't really that bad of a situation at all in my opinion OP.

We're talking matchmaking here. Arena ranks don't matter at all. Rosters matter - ranks don't.

(yes, arena ranks matter for your income of resources, but that's irrelevant in a matchmaking situation).
  • As long as TW matchups are done on guild GP you will always get this happening! My guild has alot of 4-5 mil gp players who have low quality rostas and I cannot remember the last time we won a TW! As a guild you have a choice...drop the poor rostas in your guild of accept that you are not going to be winning many TWs