TW matchmaking

2Next

Replies

• BeralCator
    790 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Deany123 wrote: »
    As long as TW matchups are done on guild GP you will always get this happening! My guild has alot of 4-5 mil gp players who have low quality rostas and I cannot remember the last time we won a TW! As a guild you have a choice...drop the poor rostas in your guild of accept that you are not going to be winning many TWs

+1. This!

You'd be shocked by how many players have 4-5mil GP yet can't field 8 decent teams and 2 decent fleets.

If you have people in your guild that can't put down four good teams (mostly G12/G13, all the necessary zetas, proper modding), plus one complete, quality fleet, and still get 80-100 banners on offense, then you either need to work with them so that they can do so or cut them loose.

The modding is the most overlooked part in my opinion. I see so many relic teams that are easy to cheese with G10/11 Ewoks, Troopers, etc. because they are slow, or certain characters don't have enough health/tenacity/etc.

Our guild is highly specific on what is allowed on defense for this reason, and while I don't want to give away all of our strategies, I'll give two examples of teams we sometimes use on defense. Assume minimum G12, unless otherwise stated.

1) General Grievous classic lineup (B-1, B-2, Magnaguard, Droideka): We require Grievous to be R4 or above. All zetas except Magnaguard are required. Wat or BB-8 are allowable substitutes for Droideka, provided they have zetas. Wat can be low stars/G11. B-1 and/or BB-8 should be FAST, ideally 260+ for B-1 and faster for BB-8. B-1 must always be faster than Grievous.

2) Bounty Hunters: Zeta Jango lead preferred, but zeta Bossk lead is acceptable if Bossk is sufficiently fast (270+). Jango, Boba, and Bossk should be at least 240 speed. Bossk must have high tenacity and unique zeta. Dengar and Embo are the preferred filler, zetas optional but appreciated. Greedo and Zam are "OK". Cad and IG-88, not so much. Nest can be substituted in as well.
    N.B. Aurra lead is also possible with the zeta, particularly when The Mandalorian and Greef become farmable.

Neither of these teams is unbeatable, but they may surprise someone and get a hold, or at the very least will draw out a legitimate counter rather than cheese. Likewise, neither team requires crazy spending or relics; just careful modding and wise zeta choices.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited May 2020
  • fader
    83 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Thank you
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    fader wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

Thank you

• Kyno wrote: »
    Thank you for the details but as others have said that doesnt paint the whole picture, I think the total is accurate but the average, character, and ship GP are probably not.

Also, how many joined from the each side?

So nearly the whole guild from the enemy point of view
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Thank you for the details but as others have said that doesnt paint the whole picture, I think the total is accurate but the average, character, and ship GP are probably not.

Also, how many joined from the each side?

So nearly the whole guild from the enemy point of view
    So if it was 44, they didn’t have a 12M Gp advantage, right? More like a 2M advantage, if that?
  • Smoten
    10 posts Member
    Not true, we only had 37-39 join which is why I think each zone only had 19 squads needed. If you had 44 against our 38 it balances somewhat.
  • 43tb5bxfzre5.jpeg
    nqsco5kh1p4e.jpeg
    Our opponent has sandbagged 10 of their team members.. so they take only 40 of them in tw.. and result of that they encountered us. (Nordic kindom) just look those numbers in a pic.. if this is not abuse of (poor) matchmaking then what is? I bet CG have no interest at all to prevent this kind matchups, but what it does it just take all the fun out from a game.. TW and CAG is only playable content why players play this game, so those who abuse poor matchmaking to their favor should give ban next TW atleast.. our guild morale to keep playing was not very high before this TW, but this didnt much lift it up either
  • That order 66 also altered their avarage guild rank keeping one player in who is areena rank 3970.. and almost all others are 1st. probably they have inside information how matchmaking works
  • Well the gl changed the deal,other guild on this matching has like 10 gl and 40 wats and we have a few wats only.Could be doable with a couple,but not gonna bother much,time for some movie or something today.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Eibon1976 wrote: »
    Our opponent has sandbagged 10 of their team members..

OOT: Why is everyone thinking that a guild is sandbagging when not everyone joins TW? We never had a TW where everyone joined, that is completely normal as not everyone can or want to participate. Stop assuming and being hostile on that.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Yado101
    144 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »

OOT: Why is everyone thinking that a guild is sandbagging when not everyone joins TW? We never had a TW where everyone joined, that is completely normal as not everyone can or want to participate. Stop assuming and being hostile on that.

Yes. My guild usually has around 35 people join, but we are a lower guild and have 4-5 people who aren’t high enough level to join
  • Kisakee wrote: »

How about if cg design this TW matchup in that way that you wont gain advantage when playing half guild?

• All they have to do is add the amount of players signed up to the matchmaking, on top of signed up GP. Increase the matchmaking timeframe if needed.
  • Eibon1976 wrote: »
    43tb5bxfzre5.jpeg
    nqsco5kh1p4e.jpeg

What command do you type to see those stats?
  • There is not much incentive to bring 50/50 players into TW.
    The rewards from winning with 36 players are not that different than losing with 45.
    Joining matters less than participating in TW. I used to say, "TW is up, join if you want to participate." We had a high win rate.

It is not sandboxing. A lot of people don't like scheduled gameplay a the time and TW is relief from that.

I can say that from my experience prior win-rates being good hurt you when you have a shift in # of peoe joining.
    If you win 5 consecutive at 35/50 and then have 45/50 join. Be prepared for quite the uphill battle
  • I think best option to keep every player happy about TW is to create same like choise what TB have.. guild leader then choise legendary TW or normal TW.. and at normal TW galactic legend characters are banned.. then this kind of issues would be no problem. As those guilds who likes play their GL characters can still do that and guilds who just seek fun play experience could play their TWs without first row 15 reys (up and down sector) would ruin all the fun what is left in this game.. (playing).. that banning some characters have introduce some years ago, and it didnt get wind under it wings, cause it was forced to every player.. that two choises would get rid of that problem. Like two leagues. Normal and legendary. Until that TW is fixed, we just decide another strategy after we check who we are playing against.. and if matchmaking is as therrible unfair as it was last (10GL vs 54GL) we just not deploy any defences, what causes that there is not anyting to play in opponents side.. and that takes fun away from they aswell.. and give them less points that they wont get high points and ”show up” in anywhere near top guilds in score board.. i reccomend every other guild do the same.. maybe this way CG understand to make either two leagues or changing matchmaking to be more fair
  • InvMars
    73 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    our guild won about once or twice per year.

opponent usually have enough fire power to full clear us with two walls of relic on the front line even when we put our strongest teams on defend.

the matchmaking is just not good enough, it should be base on ranking instead of GP.

GP is not a good variable to reflect the strength of a player power especially after the introduction of GL. A 4 million roster without GL is weaker than a 2 million roster with GL.

they should use ranking system like all other games. High rank player vs high rank player, you lose you drop rank and face weaker player.

what we currently have is just not good enough.

edit typo
  • Adamklark wrote: »
    every system has flaws, if you talk about point system then some guilds could intentionally drop down or farm certain guilds.

I think GP is not good enough also but main problem is that it looks at overall GP and not only those who join, that should be checked..

Solution has been given many times. Match on signed up GP AND number of signed up players. It’s becoming laughable that the devs haven’t done something about it.
  • Aandien
    36 posts Member
    Matchmaking isn't the best. It's a known thing. Structure your guild so it doesn't matter. This is why the guilds who win all the time win. The biggest thing you can do is create a narrower gap in rosters across your members. If everyone has approximately the same strength in their roster, then matchups will likely be to your advantage. The worst thing you can have happen with this system is have 1 person join with 4mil gp and another join with 1mil gp. By allowing that, the 1mil gp person only contributes to your demise. They likely can't kill anything and if they put anything on defense it will likely be a free win for the opponent with a crappy team.

This is why the competitive guilds all have min gps to join and also specific roster unlocks /developments completed.

Trim the fat if you want to compete.

Lower tiered folks can all join up Ina lower tiered gear and they would be competitive at their level.