Fleet Arena should I start over

A bit of data for 2020 beginner fleet arenas shards (gathered by reading forum posts):
Smallest number of hyperdrives: 16 or below
Largest number of hyperdrives: 80 or above
Let's assume that hyperdrives fleets are always better than non-hyperdrive fleets (which is 99% true in the first month, 95% true in first half year). Here's the maths, sorry that it's a bit long. Please skip to end if you're out of time.
This is what you'll get if you're number 1 among all non-hyperdrives:
0 hyperdrives: Rank 1 , 400 crystals and 1800 fleet tokens daily.
8 hyperdrives: Rank 9 , 200 crystals and 1400 fleet tokens daily.
16 hyperdrives: Rank 17, 100 crystals and 1350 fleet tokens daily.
30 hyperdrives: Rank 31, 50 crystals and 1300 fleet tokens daily.
50 hyperdrives: Rank 51, 0 crystals and 1250 fleet tokens daily.
80 hyperdrives: Rank 81, 0 crystals and 1250 fleet tokens daily.
This is what you'll get if you're number 5 among all non-hyperdrives:
0 hyperdrives: Rank 5 , 300 crystals and 1500 fleet tokens daily.
8 hyperdrives: Rank 13, 100 crystals and 1350 fleet tokens daily.
16 hyperdrives: Rank 21, 50 crystals and 1300 fleet tokens daily.
30 hyperdrives: Rank 35, 50 crystals and 1300 fleet tokens daily.
50 hyperdrives: Rank 55, 0 crystals and 1250 fleet tokens daily.
80 hyperdrives: Rank 85, 0 crystals and 1250 fleet tokens daily.
This is what you'll get if you're number 10 among all non-hyperdrives:
0 hyperdrives: Rank 10, 200 crystals and 1400 fleet tokens daily.
8 hyperdrives: Rank 18, 100 crystals and 1350 fleet tokens daily.
16 hyperdrives: Rank 26, 50 crystals and 1300 fleet tokens daily.
30 hyperdrives: Rank 40, 50 crystals and 1300 fleet tokens daily.
50 hyperdrives: Rank 60, 0 crystals and 1250 fleet tokens daily.
80 hyperdrives: Rank 90, 0 crystals and 1250 fleet tokens daily.
This is what you'll get if you're number 20 among all non-hyperdrives:
0 hyperdrives: Rank 20, 100 crystals and 1350 fleet tokens daily.
8 hyperdrives: Rank 28, 50 crystals and 1300 fleet tokens daily.
16 hyperdrives: Rank 36, 50 crystals and 1300 fleet tokens daily.
30 hyperdrives: Rank 50, 50 crystals and 1300 fleet tokens daily.
50 hyperdrives: Rank 70, 0 crystals and 1250 fleet tokens daily.
80 hyperdrives: Rank 100, 0 crystals and 1250 fleet tokens daily.
This is what you'll get if you're number 50 among all non-hyperdrives:
0 hyperdrives: Rank 50, 50 crystals and 1300 fleet tokens daily.
8 hyperdrives: Rank 58, 0 crystals and 1250 fleet tokens daily.
16 hyperdrives: Rank 66, 0 crystals and 1250 fleet tokens daily.
30 hyperdrives: Rank 80, 0 crystals and 1250 fleet tokens daily.
50 hyperdrives: Rank 100, 0 crystals and 1250 fleet tokens daily.
80 hyperdrives: Rank 140, 0 crystals and 1200 fleet tokens daily.
As you can see, the most decisive factor in new ship shards are no longer how skilled you are, or even how much you spend as long as it's not a hyperdrive. Rather, it's more about how many hyperdrives are in your shard.
Example 1: if there are more than 50 hyperdrives in your shard, it doesn't matter how much energy you spend on fleets; you're never going to get any crystal income from fleet arena even if you should have got Rank 1 without the hyperdrives.
Example 2: if you are rank 1 of all non-hyperdrives, your fleet arena crystal income can vary as much as 100 daily (3000 monthly) between 16 and 80 hyperdrives.
Unfortunately, this situation will continue in each shard for at least half a year, until the non-hyperdrives can finally put together a decent fleet.
Now this is my question: Say I have an account where I'm rank 4 among all non-hyperdrives, but there are 60 hyperdrives in my shard. Starting over and getting back to level 60 takes 3 weeks. Should I start over for the chance of less hyperdrives? If I get lucky and run across a shard with 16 hyperdrives, my crysral income will increase by 100 daily (also 3000 monthly or 36,000 yearly). Or should I start 5 accounts with the spacing of 3 days, get them all to 60, and see which has the least hyperdrives?

Replies

• Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    Doesn’t a hyperdrive jump you to 85 straight away thereby unlocking fleet, presumably on day one?

All you have to do is a bit of planning and hoard/farm a reasonable fleet before you unlock fleets, tarkin with geos and kru are an easy start and will tide you over, you will only be matched with other ppl who unlock fleet at the same time as yourself, not with ppl who start the game at the same time as you do.
  • Desertfox1024
    207 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    My friend, I tested these tactics in three accounts myself. Let me show you the stats: This is the only F2P starter fleet that can stand against the weakest hyperdrives: Geo Trio with Ahsoka, Anakin or KRU. Under Ackbar lead. Tarkin or Mace without Anakin is absolute trash.
    And the usage of Hyperdrive bunder is not just getting you to 85. It unlocks the full BH fleet except HT, phoenix duo,and Wiggs at 5 stars, the characters at 5 stars, gear level 8. It also include valuable upgrading materials that allows you to max out ship ablities and reinforcement bonuses. Also a lot of extra purple gear, and lots of currency and energy.
    However, even if you're very lucky, you will only be able to get these all characters to six stars by level 70, ships 5 stars. And this is considering I focus entirely in fleet. Yes this can easily best the weakest one third of hyperdrives, but that's not practical.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    You lost me at tarkin is trash.. until thrawn or the falcon hit your fleet arena, tarkin with geos at a comparable gear level and with 5* mods, 7* will compete with anything you can put together under ackbar and mace.

Ht will ad an extra dimension, but you can place high with geos, you can place high with empire ties as well. Until HT becomes a factor and/or the falcon, you have the firepower under tarkin to win on offense. It’s not trash if you just don’t know how to win.

Hence why I said to farm your pilots early if you wish to compete, don’t unlock fleet till your ready and your still only competing with ppl unlocking fleet at the same time as you, hyperdrive gives you an advantage in fleet, but you will be focusing on a wide spread, it does not automatically give you an unassailable lead if you plan well.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    if you "all" have hyperdrives you started at the same spot, so...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    if you "all" have hyperdrives you started at the same spot, so...

But op did the math and every fleet is trash :/
  • Desertfox1024
    207 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Damodamo wrote: »
    You lost me at tarkin is trash.. until thrawn or the falcon hit your fleet arena, tarkin with geos at a comparable gear level and with 5* mods, 7* will compete with anything you can put together under ackbar and mace.

Ht will ad an extra dimension, but you can place high with geos, you can place high with empire ties as well. Until HT becomes a factor and/or the falcon, you have the firepower under tarkin to win on offense. It’s not trash if you just don’t know how to win.

Hence why I said to farm your pilots early if you wish to compete, don’t unlock fleet till your ready and your still only competing with ppl unlocking fleet at the same time as you, hyperdrive gives you an advantage in fleet, but you will be focusing on a wide spread, it does not automatically give you an unassailable lead if you plan well.

The problem with Tarkin is that the only viable F2P fleet has the Geo Trio at its core. Their damage comes from assist attacks and crits, which benefits greatly from Ackbar's lead. For Mace, he's viable if your core is the Anakin-Ahsoka duo. Tarkin back then was the best capital ship, but with Ackbar getting the reworks, he's now lacking behind. He also relies too much on debuffs and Target Lock, which the Geo Trio can't provide. As for the ultimate ability, in normal circumstances it's an I-win button, but what we're facing are hyperdrive fleets, which are much more durable than F2P fleets. Also, when used with the Geo trio, Ackbar's ultimate deals much more damage. Tarkin himself isn't that trash, but compared with the reworked Ackbarhe's lacking.
    For farming pilots early, my brother actually did a completely fleet oriented account, farming fleets starting from the very beginning. At level 60 he actually managed to get a Mace/Ackbar lead fleet with Geo trio and Anakin and Ahsoka, with compatible firepower to hyperdrives. But the main problem is that when you're at level 60, you can't upgrade most characters beyond G8 thanks to the level requirement. However, the hyperdrives can spam whatever gear they want on their fleet (not to mention that they already has a lot of extra gear in the bundle). He actually managed to best around 30% of hyperdrives, but as the whales whale more, he can't climb anymore.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    @Desertfox1024 i see where your going now, your confusing ppl who use the hyperdrive to catch up with whales, hyperdrive is a one off boost, doesn’t give you a meta anything as you still have to farm. Whales will whale regardless. There is no instant way to beat a whale, time is your friend though, just dark what you need to farm to be competitive, you’ll get there eventually, especially with fleet being limited in the amount of pilots/ships to actually farm. I’m fully f2p and place 1st every day on my fleet shard. Admittedly I have been playing since early 2017 and am at 5.4mil gp, but I do have the benefit of looking back at where I came from.

Perseverance
  • Look on the bright side... I look forward to the day when a F2P climbs to 1st in a hyperdrive fleet shard. It'll be spectacular.