Did you all even think of 3v3 GAC when you developed the GL characters?

Prev1
botabu
246 posts Member
edited June 2021
I mean... honestly. Why don't you just give those people that have them free passes to the win. You can't even counter them when you have your OWN GL. Just dumb lazy programming again.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Or lazy theory crafting .... just saying.

I am very certain that everyone who has a GL toon did not win every match they played.
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Kyno wrote: »

I am very certain that everyone who has a GL toon did not win every match they played.

Really? Have you not seen the hundreds of videos? But why do I bother arguing? You guys support everything the do. They could put a kitten in a hat in the game and you guys would love it.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member

Put the most OP toons to date into a gamemode they weren't designed to be in.

No where to test how to beat 3v3 compositions of these teams.

Players are 'lazy' for pointing out that perhaps this situation isn't thought through all that well and that we should theory craft more, something that isn't even exclusive to the complaint.

Also of course not everyone with a GL has won, they're playing eachother also. Doesn't mean Rey isn't v imbalanced in the gamemode.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    It is no different than any other player having to face an opponent with a squad they cannot beat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    botabu wrote: »

Really? Have you not seen the hundreds of videos? But why do I bother arguing? You guys support everything the do. They could put a kitten in a hat in the game and you guys would love it.

I'm not supporting or defending anything. but you are saying that nothing beats them, and having them should get you a free pass, then you also say that they can't be beat even if they have them......

I was just adding to that great circle of logic that I am certain that everyone who has them did not win every match they played, so there is no reason to give them a free pass.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    I mean... honestly. Why don't you just give those people that have them free passes to the win. You can't even counter them when you have your OWN GL. Just dumb lazy programming again.

I haven't lost. But we are only 2 matches in.

You say we can't win against one, even when we have one.

I faced a GL with my GL in round 1. I won.

My Round 2 match, follows more closely with what you are saying. I put 1 GL each zone. He didn't have a GL.

He didn't take a zone.

On the flip side, I only took 2 of his zones.

And had he played his hand a little better, he probably could have stopped that and won.

This round, I am facing a player with GL Kylo w/ Ultimate. I have my GL Rey w/ ultimate on Def with my GL Kylo no ultimate.

He took his GL on offense.

So our match up... no matter the result, will make your statement incorrect with proof if you need it.
  • botabu wrote: »

My Round 2 match, follows more closely with what you are saying. I put 1 GL each zone. He didn't have a GL.

He didn't take a zone.

And had he played his hand a little better, he probably could have stopped that and won.

This round, I am facing a player with GL Kylo w/ Ultimate. I have my GL Rey w/ ultimate on Def with my GL Kylo no ultimate.

So our match up... no matter the result, will make your statement incorrect with proof if you need it.

So you're saying you can win if your opponent leaves their GL for offense? That doesn't count man...

I've set my rey on defense all 3 battles. None of my opponents could take her down, even the one with rey ultimate saved for offense. If any of you guys know a reliable counter except "git gud" or "do your own research" (which I have, with no good results), I'm all ears
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    GL’s are the pinnacle of all characters. SLK and Rey are supposed to be the best of the best.

Having said that even in 3v3 there are counters. What they are? Not too sure because I’ve been lucky enough to not be matched this week, but it’s not impossible.

The issue you’re having is the matchmaking of the game. That’s the problem you should be upset with
  • I beat Rey in 3v3.

I don’t have any GLs

So it’s possible. The catch being I don’t think it can be done in 1 shot. So if he one shots all my teams, and I one shot all the rest of his. I still lose.
  • botabu wrote: »

You can put your own GL on defense, just saying.

Even without GL, there are other teams that are also hard to beat in 3v3. DR is the most obvious example
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member

He didn't take a zone.

So you're saying you can win if your opponent leaves their GL for offense? That doesn't count man...

I've set my rey on defense all 3 battles. None of my opponents could take her down, even the one with rey ultimate saved for offense. If any of you guys know a reliable counter except "git gud" or "do your own research" (which I have, with no good results), I'm all ears

Bro... Dont straw man..."so youre saying..." And then you add your interpretatuon based on a response you choose. That called a straw man.

Best way to beat straw man...be clear...

I DIDNT SAY I COULD WIN DID I? ANSWER THAT FIRST!

I SAID NO MATTER THE RESULT, YOUR STATEMENT WILL BE PROVEN WRONG!

More to the point. I LOST! And I set my Defense long before you posted. He chose his defense and offense without knowing what I would set.

It was just pure chance he ended up with his on offense and mine on defense

Lost by 22 points. Im 5.8 mil gp he is 6.3 gp my last opponet was 6.5 Im having to punch above my weight every time. We can be beat.
  • Yes there is no balance in 3v3 mode. As there is no change to take down rey at first attempt. And when you first kill hero finn with your cls you need to continue team like revan, gas, thrawn that you can even a change to drop here.. and with bad rng it can still go south. And after thatbfail there is not many teams who can clear her.. the real game balance problem is that you cannot first kill her.. (without other GL) and match making puts those GL rey players in shards where other players dont have that one. You need to spend and brake four of your best teams to get one enemy team killed, and as it usually goes it causes a domino effect that you fail in some easier ones aswell.. and because of gac areas reys can protect area behind them and there is no reason why player should deploy there any real teams.. so even matchmaking is calculating the powes should be about even they in fact arent even near. Four defensive teams moved to attack 8* 25000 =200k power edge for rey player.. and because player who dont have rey brake four of her best teams to take her out and atheast two tryes, it can be calculate 4* 25000 (avarage good character power) =100k .. so in a short reys GP value should be 300 000 to make match makings fair. And its now less than 50k

• marxuke
    163 posts Member
    Lazy theorycrafting? Please where should i learn it while there is no good way to test these theories. Probably just loosing several times and also i need luck, that CG wont nerf those teams. Its good we have some youtubers out there who help a lot.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Get a GL.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Tezza23
    88 posts Member
    marxuke wrote: »
    Lazy theorycrafting? Please where should i learn it while there is no good way to test these theories. Probably just loosing several times and also i need luck, that CG wont nerf those teams. Its good we have some youtubers out there who help a lot.

Should also point out when a decent team is created CG are quick to nerf it . Palp vs malek , hux vs Gas , Gas vs GL Kylo
  • newbornFL
    483 posts Member
    edited May 2020

I'm not supporting or defending anything. but you are saying that nothing beats them, and having them should get you a free pass, then you also say that they can't be beat even if they have them......

I was just adding to that great circle of logic that I am certain that everyone who has them did not win every match they played, so there is no reason to give them a free pass.

You're supporting and defending CG at every turn you get.

Don't even try to deny it .

GL in 3vs3 is not good
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    newbornFL wrote: »

You're supporting and defending CG at every turn you get.

Don't even try to deny it .

GL in 3vs3 are not good

When did I say it was good or balanced or anything?

The point is that every time a new toon comes out we see posts just like this, and in many cases just like this, it doesnt even seem to be from people that have played with or against them. From the OPs responses it seems they are just worried after watching videos.....

Maybe it takes a little time, but as if by some miracle as time passes things fall in line and counters emerge and everyone moves on. Rinse and repeat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Not sure on lazy theory crafting there Kyno I dont see anywhere in the game that would allow you to fight against a GL in a 3vs3 situation

Theory crafting is different than practice, that's why it's a theory.

Also, we have an opportunity right now for some to practice, and just accepting what someone else says without trying to think of different ways (i.e. theory crafting) seems "lazy" to me, but I will apologize because I do not know the OP and for all I know he could be very active in a theory crafting channel that is working with others to come up with solutions.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member

yeah... be awesome if we had some sort of theory crafting mode.... that didnt involve crystals, something that... oh I dunno resembled some sort of box.... made of sand... that you could battle your allies and guildmates in.... Who am I kidding, that stuff costs money to make!
  • Ripperpa
    298 posts Member
    To expansive my friend!
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    I saw an excellent 3v3 counter today from my guild mate bit I won't explain it as there is a habit within the SWGOH development team to destroy everything that counters the "tip"...
  • Haven't faced a GL yet (and don't have one) but about the theory crafting issue: yeah. Theory-crafting is different from practicing until you stumble on some accidental solution that happens to work, especially since it might be dependent on turn order and other things that change from player to player as mods and gear change.
    I had to theory craft a squad to go up against a 3v3 zMaul, SET, Dooku squad with tons of stealth and auto-taunt and jumping TM. But I had to use my best toons for other battles and was stuck trying to cobble together a squad to beat them, preferably on the first attempt, with the odds & ends I had on hand. Threw together Plo Kool (L), Holdo, and Scavenger Rey. It did that Maul squad up a treat. But I didn't just look at GP. I read the abilities, noticed that PK's lead isn't Jedi-only. Double checked the mechanics between Holdo & ScavRey and throwing Foresight around. Pleasantly surprised by the dispel on PK's basic, which I had forgotten about. I read the kits from a bunch of other toons as well. Settled on PK/Holdo/ScavRey and then went in unable to change mods b/c GAC rules ... and smashed them. Not everyone wants to take the time to do that, and I didn't do that against every squad, since earlier I had more of my meta toons available. But that's theory crafting, and anyone can do it at any time they like, with or without a sandbox mode.
  • ANH
    25 posts Member
    edited June 2021

The point is that every time a new toon comes out we see posts just like this, and in many cases just like this, it doesnt even seem to be from people that have played with or against them. From the OPs responses it seems they are just worried after watching videos.....

Maybe it takes a little time, but as if by some miracle as time passes things fall in line and counters emerge and everyone moves on. Rinse and repeat.

Hi - In most cases, yeah, what you said has held. But in this case. No. GLs have continued to just absolutely be the worst thing to happen to GAC. You were wrong about GLs in 3v3.

There are no consistent counters to GLs without your own GLs in 3v3. If you have fewer GLs than your opponent, if your opponent sets their GL on defense, you lose. OK, sure, there are exceptions, like, when your opponent doesn't attack you. But assuming reasonable matches, it cannot be a fair fight.

CG could do something about this. As simple as, counting the number of GLs in matchup rosters. This would substantially alter the game mode to become more fair. AND more fun. AND those of us who have hated 3v3 for the last year to have a reason to reduce our complaints. (although 3v3 has always been a horrible idea on principle, so you won't get the complaints to stop). I have 3 GL's. Opponent has 3 GL's. That's fair. I have 0 GLs. Opponent has 1 GL. That's never fair.

Since CG has decided to hold the line on introducing more GL's moving forward, and they've said GL's can beat each other, we can expect the inequity of this game mode to continue if CG continues to ignore the power they have invested in GLs. Even as the GL count increases, rosters with 6 GLs will always have a clear advantage over those with 5 or fewer in 3v3. And, likely, also in 5v5, since the counters to GLs are limited with non-GL toons.

So in this case, the "Rinse and repeat," as you so dismissively countered the argument, has become the way GLs dominate GAC. Not how people find counters.

I'd like to see CG take this issue seriously and fix match making once again in GAC based on GLs.
  • ANH wrote: »
    GLs have continued to just absolutely be the worst thing to happen to GAC.

I'd say they were the worst thing to happen to the entire game myself.

Lets be honest, they are nothing but a huge money grab to make us relic otherwise useless toons & invalidate most anything that has come before them.

• DonPuto
    371 posts Member
    ANH wrote: »
    GLs have continued to just absolutely be the worst thing to happen to GAC.

I'd say they were the worst thing to happen to the entire game myself.

Lets be honest, they are nothing but a huge money grab to make us relic otherwise useless toons & invalidate most anything that has come before them.

How many do you have?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »

Put the most OP toons to date into a gamemode they weren't designed to be in.

No where to test how to beat 3v3 compositions of these teams.

Players are 'lazy' for pointing out that perhaps this situation isn't thought through all that well and that we should theory craft more, something that isn't even exclusive to the complaint.

Also of course not everyone with a GL has won, they're playing eachother also. Doesn't mean Rey isn't v imbalanced in the gamemode.

The mode wasn't particularly designed for anything and it was designed for everything the game involves.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    ANH wrote: »

Hi - In most cases, yeah, what you said has held. But in this case. No. GLs have continued to just absolutely be the worst thing to happen to GAC. You were wrong about GLs in 3v3.

There are no consistent counters to GLs without your own GLs in 3v3. If you have fewer GLs than your opponent, if your opponent sets their GL on defense, you lose. OK, sure, there are exceptions, like, when your opponent doesn't attack you. But assuming reasonable matches, it cannot be a fair fight.

CG could do something about this. As simple as, counting the number of GLs in matchup rosters. This would substantially alter the game mode to become more fair. AND more fun. AND those of us who have hated 3v3 for the last year to have a reason to reduce our complaints. (although 3v3 has always been a horrible idea on principle, so you won't get the complaints to stop). I have 3 GL's. Opponent has 3 GL's. That's fair. I have 0 GLs. Opponent has 1 GL. That's never fair.

Since CG has decided to hold the line on introducing more GL's moving forward, and they've said GL's can beat each other, we can expect the inequity of this game mode to continue if CG continues to ignore the power they have invested in GLs. Even as the GL count increases, rosters with 6 GLs will always have a clear advantage over those with 5 or fewer in 3v3. And, likely, also in 5v5, since the counters to GLs are limited with non-GL toons.

So in this case, the "Rinse and repeat," as you so dismissively countered the argument, has become the way GLs dominate GAC. Not how people find counters.

I'd like to see CG take this issue seriously and fix match making once again in GAC based on GLs.

You’re matched based on your roster. If you face an opponent who has more GL than you, it means you had the resources to unlock more GLs but you chose not to. You developed good characters while your opponent developed bad characters in order to unlock a great one. You both made strategic choices that will affect gac outcome.
This discussion has been closed.