Landos millennium falcon

Debuff
224 posts Member
edited May 2020
43xaxsxmf0tl.png

So this ship + young lando was the last shard farm I had on fleet side. Im harvesting gear now. I dont know why i farmed this but i did.

Currently working on my grind for slkr, I have everything else except ki-adi-mundi

The ship sounds kinda unique and it would fit as a reinforcement anywhere.

Anyone have YL and this ship geared up? Is YL worth resources?

Replies

• emoore123
    261 posts Member
    I dont have lando fully farmed, but from watching youtubers test it when it came out, I remember it not having much impact.
  • Debuff
    224 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    emoore123 wrote: »
    I dont have lando fully farmed, but from watching youtubers test it when it came out, I remember it not having much impact.

You remember when this ship came out? Im guessing during the rebel hans m i l f meta.

urrhlc8jdq4y.png

Im looking at this reinforcement unique near the end of a neg vs neg battle bringing this guy out could be a finisher
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm pretty sure I'm not playing at the same level you are, and ships are definitely not my strong suit (about #200, April 2016, with a few breaks along the way), so take anything I say with many grains of salt. But ...

I have g11 Young Lando and G12 L3, and I've really enjoyed this ship. When you get its reinforcement ability maxed, bringing it in can sometimes feel like a mini ultimate. I've had plenty of situations when I'm hanging by a thread—maybe my ships might not last another round of attacks, or I know that the enemy capital ship is about to get its ultimate off and wipe me—and Lando's Falcon's two or three consecutive turns is enough to clear the opposing ships or at least even up the odds.

Situationally, especially if the enemy has a lot of juicy buffs out, I'll sometimes bring Lando's Falcon in early. I might then be able to dispel a taunt with the second special and land a big hit with the first (ideally, back to back).

That said, though I don't have a great sense of what's meta in ships nowadays, I don't seem to ever hear people in the community talk about it. emoore123 seems to be right that it didn't seem to have much of an impact, and swgoh.gg bears that out—it's just not there in the fleet meta report (https://swgoh.gg/stats/fleet-meta-report/100/).

At any rate, I still think the ship is a lot of fun, and it does pretty good work for me where I'm at.

Young Lando himself is decent enough, but I'm having a hard time myself figuring out where he fits.

The obvious idea would be running him in a full prepared squad. If you use prepared scoundrels on offense, I could see him doing really well. The ability to hand out prepared with his second special could be extremely useful: you could get L3 to taunt immediately when needed, get Young Han assisting again after unloading his big special, or—most importantly—get prepared back on VanChew to bank another revive even if he's taken hits. Plus Young Lando can hit very hard—under the right circumstances, harder than Yolo.

But unfortunately his AI doesn't use him right. Instead of handing out prepared to whoever needs it, the AI seems to never use the second special unless an ally has debuffs to dispel. Since I, like most people, use my Qi'ra team for defense, that's not going to work, especially with how squishy he is. There are just better options (like StHan) to give extra durability on defense.

So for me, he's sort of turned into a GA reserve scoundrel to throw in a Lando-led team of Rebel or scoundrel odds and ends. Admittedly, that sort of feels like a waste, but it does the job.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    It's a nice fourth RI, the problem is you shouldn't generally be getting to the fourth reinforcement so it will mostly gather dust.

If you gear L3-37 for a Scoundrel squad then scrounge up some gear for Lando and some shipbuilding mats and have fun with it but it's not likely to ever be meta defining.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    It's a nice fourth RI, the problem is you shouldn't generally be getting to the fourth reinforcement so it will mostly gather dust.

If you gear L3-37 for a Scoundrel squad then scrounge up some gear for Lando and some shipbuilding mats and have fun with it but it's not likely to ever be meta defining.

They should add Vos and his bar-ship with scoundrel synergy as a a Capital ship, then one of its abilities could have the add on of “treat all reinforcements as your fourth reinforcement.” That could be pretty sick. Not meta breaking, but lots of fun!
  • Anarkid
    149 posts Member
    Smuggler was the third squad I started working on ... Now it's dropped usefulness but landos falcon is great for new players
  • It'll be good for a 3rd or 4th fleet in TW behind a tanky endurance team that lacks offense. Bring it in as a 4th and get the multi-attacks.
  • Debuff
    224 posts Member
    gufu21 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I'm not playing at the same level you are, and ships are definitely not my strong suit (about #200, April 2016, with a few breaks along the way), so take anything I say with many grains of salt. But ...

I have g11 Young Lando and G12 L3, and I've really enjoyed this ship. When you get its reinforcement ability maxed, bringing it in can sometimes feel like a mini ultimate. I've had plenty of situations when I'm hanging by a thread—maybe my ships might not last another round of attacks, or I know that the enemy capital ship is about to get its ultimate off and wipe me—and Lando's Falcon's two or three consecutive turns is enough to clear the opposing ships or at least even up the odds.

Situationally, especially if the enemy has a lot of juicy buffs out, I'll sometimes bring Lando's Falcon in early. I might then be able to dispel a taunt with the second special and land a big hit with the first (ideally, back to back).

That said, though I don't have a great sense of what's meta in ships nowadays, I don't seem to ever hear people in the community talk about it. emoore123 seems to be right that it didn't seem to have much of an impact, and swgoh.gg bears that out—it's just not there in the fleet meta report (https://swgoh.gg/stats/fleet-meta-report/100/).

At any rate, I still think the ship is a lot of fun, and it does pretty good work for me where I'm at.

Young Lando himself is decent enough, but I'm having a hard time myself figuring out where he fits.

The obvious idea would be running him in a full prepared squad. If you use prepared scoundrels on offense, I could see him doing really well. The ability to hand out prepared with his second special could be extremely useful: you could get L3 to taunt immediately when needed, get Young Han assisting again after unloading his big special, or—most importantly—get prepared back on VanChew to bank another revive even if he's taken hits. Plus Young Lando can hit very hard—under the right circumstances, harder than Yolo.

But unfortunately his AI doesn't use him right. Instead of handing out prepared to whoever needs it, the AI seems to never use the second special unless an ally has debuffs to dispel. Since I, like most people, use my Qi'ra team for defense, that's not going to work, especially with how squishy he is. There are just better options (like StHan) to give extra durability on defense.

So for me, he's sort of turned into a GA reserve scoundrel to throw in a Lando-led team of Rebel or scoundrel odds and ends. Admittedly, that sort of feels like a waste, but it does the job.

Im same situation as you i have my qira squad that always goes into defense. I already have too many scoundrels for the team as it is now, I have yolo g12 zeta'd as well as Sthan & vandor. If i geard up ylando i wouldnt even have a place for him. I reread his kit last night and boy is it underwhelming to say the least.

Be nice to see an improvement with ships in the future maybe not needing all the pilots for older ships