[Developer Insight - Kit Reveal]

UNIT NAME: Rebel Y-wing
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Tank, Rebel
Sturdy Rebel Tank that can disable enemy Protection

ABILITIES:

Basic: SW-4 ION CANNONS

t8shjtkv7fm8.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. The Rebel Y-wing gains Taunt until the start of its next turn if it didn't already have it.

Special 1: ION TORPEDOES (Cooldown 3)

9p1vquifxhyu.gif

FINAL TEXT: Dispel all buffs on target enemy and inflict Shield Disruption for 2 turns. Then, deal Physical damage to them. The Y-wing gains Taunt for 2 turns.

Shield Disruption: Protection is disabled, immune to Protection Up and bonus Protection

Unique 1: CHEMPAT SHIELD GENERATOR

FINAL TEXT: Rebel allies recover 20% Protection whenever a Rebel ally critically hits an enemy. If the allied Capital Ship is Rebel, the Y-wing has +30% Potency and a 35% chance to assist other Rebel allies when they attack out of turn (limit once per turn).

Reinforcement: REBEL TRACKING COMPUTER

FINAL TEXT: Enter Battle: Rebel allies gain 3% Critical Chance for each Rebel ally until the Rebel Y-wing is defeated.
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Replies

• HK22
    644 posts Member
    I like it. I want it.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I guess to replace HT? or something? odd
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    A tank to not only replace HT but also a counter to it. It was about time (maybe a few months late)
  • StarDog89
    169 posts Member
    Sweet!
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I guess to replace HT? or something? odd

we definitely need more ships to fill out fleets, so makes perfect sense to remove all need for HT in rebel fleets.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • If the shield disruption is meant to counter HT, I hope it's not dispellable.

~Morningfrost
  • Nice, in the ideal rebel squad it would probably replace bistan
  • Oh this looks good, not just to counter HT but also to deal with the segment of Unending Loyalty that gives so much Protection Up. Now you can just AoE nuke Anakin right after Unending Loyalty has been nuked

I love it. Simple yet very effective.
  • Cool a new ship. Is it what we all want no but that's fine.
  • KP67s
    42 posts Member
    Wow.

In an ENTIRE MOVIE, you guys decided we really wanted a ship that showed up for a max 10 seconds at the very end of the movie.

Way to have a good read on the playerbase CG. FFS.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    So is this because of the 40th anniversary or just a random ship entering the game? Can we expect more? Hhmmm....seems like a road ahead would answer these questions.

Cool ship though.
  • Where's our road ahead?!
  • Mox4
    23 posts Member
    Why on earth does this ship not have a pilot? Why are you continuing with this? :(
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    please nobody spend on this until road ahead comes out. it’ll be in shop for the usual 29 days so no rush.. just wait to see if road ahead is the end of the game or not first in case they’re just pushing packs before they say seeya later to us
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    KP67s wrote: »
    Wow.

In an ENTIRE MOVIE, you guys decided we really wanted a ship that showed up for a max 10 seconds at the very end of the movie.

Actually they do..... Y-wings are one of the most iconic ships in the SW universe. The Rebel Y-wings were in a New Hope, Empire, ROTJ, Rogue One, Rise of Skywalker and the Rebels show.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Mox4 wrote: »
    Why on earth does this ship not have a pilot? Why are you continuing with this? :(

CG is trying to do something nice for us by not making us apply a bunch of stun guns to a no-name pilot that will never get used in squad battles.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Urgh another crewless ship?
    Stop it!
    And why do you introduce another rebel ship?
    Please fill the other fleets first, Empire, FO, Resistance, BHs and Separatists all still need ships.
    It's nice to get a new rebel ship but not before the other fleets have enough ships to run them.
  • Mox4 wrote: »

Why not? I prefer pilotless ships, easier to get and level up than trying to get 3 toons geared for 1 ship.
    That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Wait... I thought Episode V was called the Empire strikes back...

Unless this ship is needed for a new Death Star raid then I’m confused...
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Denmach
    21 posts Member
    Not having to relic 7 a pilot to get a strong tank to replace hounds tooth is exactly what the rebel fleet needed to combat Malevolence and Negotiator, if and only if it is fast enough.

It remains to be seen how fast she is. Biggs is quick for a tank and may be hard to replace for those of us with Bistan, but the ion torpedoes look fantastic versus galactic republic, no doubt.

Thanks for keeping ships on your radar. Some of us really love them, though I do wish we could choose our own reinforcement order under ai. This ship could be really bad if it's not fast enough, or it's not durable enough. The base stats to complement the kit will tell the real story.

• jr8972686
    176 posts Member
    KP67s wrote: »
    Wow.

Actually they do..... Y-wings are one of the most iconic ships in the SW universe. The Rebel Y-wings were in a New Hope, Empire, ROTJ, Rogue One, Rise of Skywalker and the Rebels show.

Add to that it's been on the splash screen for a while and people keep asking about it.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Hounds tooth counter, another taunting ship tank, no pilot required - what's not to love about this iconic ship? So when do we get a A and B wing?
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    A new rebel ship?

cIeKBZG.gif?noredirect
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Mox4 wrote: »

My G12 Gar Saxon and Imperial Super Commando would like to have a word with you. I'd take those resources back in a heartbeat if I could get a maxed Gauntlet Starfighter without them.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    ndwilson wrote: »
    Mox4 wrote: »

My G12 Gar Saxon and Imperial Super Commando would like to have a word with you. I'd take those resources back in a heartbeat if I could get a maxed Gauntlet Starfighter without them.

sobs in G12 Scarif Rebel Pathfinder
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• SRP is pretty bad too. I'll never forget the 1 random crafted gear piece for ISC to go from G11 to G12 that needed 100 pieces of premium gear and he is the only character IN THE ENTIRE GAME that uses that specific created gear. I'm not still salty or anything.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    ndwilson wrote: »
    SRP is pretty bad too. I'll never forget the 1 random crafted gear piece for ISC to go from G11 to G12 that needed 100 pieces of premium gear and he is the only character IN THE ENTIRE GAME that uses that specific created gear. I'm not still salty or anything.

Bonus, that piece gives +special damage which ISC doesn't use
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

This discussion has been closed.