• Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    emoore123 wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    I keep seeing everyone speculating on a raid or reworks for ESB, as if they forgot the Q&A that explicitly said the raid they were working on is on pause, and they have no current plans for reworks... dont be disappointed if the celebration really is the GAC feats, some packs, and MAYBE a new character or two. I'd be happy with an extra hoth TB though, that's a cool idea.

GAC feats, packs, and maybe a character is not a celebration. It's what we get every month in the game...

GAC feats are ESB themed, packs would have ESB characters, and new characters would be from ESB. I'd call that a celebration in this game. I'm not sure what you are expecting out of CG. 🤷‍♂️

He just posted what they did for ANH 40th

I miss Kozi’s enthusiasm

So maybe they give us some small gift and some double drops in addition. That'd be nice too, just no one should expect a raid, reworks, or a new hero's journey for luke

If anyone is expecting a raid for ESB 40th anniversary, they are def gonna be let down.

That's true. Content should be described in the road ahead post, hopefully soon as well, but not necessarily tied to ESB.

For the ESB anniversary celebration, I'm hoping for a faction pass (or rework or touch-up... whatever) to someone like Gar Saxon or Stormtrooper or Royal Guard or maybe the Imperial fleet gets reworked and a new tank ship and some inbox goodies. That would be in line with what they've done before.

If we get less, I'll be a little disappointed, but not terribly surprised. It's a new team in charge and been a long time since the EP4 anniversary.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    I think CG tends to shy away from reworks. From a return on investment perspective: they don't make as much money.

Reworks are hard, while some of players are happy because they have new things to toying with, some others are not. Especially when the char's skills are drastically changed.

Remember droid players crying for hk47's leadership or the sep faction pass destroyed nute-jawa team?
  • emoore123
    261 posts Member
    I keep seeing everyone speculating on a raid or reworks for ESB, as if they forgot the Q&A that explicitly said the raid they were working on is on pause, and they have no current plans for reworks... dont be disappointed if the celebration really is the GAC feats, some packs, and MAYBE a new character or two. I'd be happy with an extra hoth TB though, that's a cool idea.

GAC feats, packs, and maybe a character is not a celebration. It's what we get every month in the game...

GAC feats are ESB themed, packs would have ESB characters, and new characters would be from ESB. I'd call that a celebration in this game. I'm not sure what you are expecting out of CG. 🤷‍♂️

I miss Kozi’s enthusiasm

So maybe they give us some small gift and some double drops in addition. That'd be nice too, just no one should expect a raid, reworks, or a new hero's journey for luke

If anyone is expecting a raid for ESB 40th anniversary, they are def gonna be let down.

That's true. Content should be described in the road ahead post, hopefully soon as well, but not necessarily tied to ESB.

For the ESB anniversary celebration, I'm hoping for a faction pass (or rework or touch-up... whatever) to someone like Gar Saxon or Stormtrooper or Royal Guard or maybe the Imperial fleet gets reworked and a new tank ship and some inbox goodies. That would be in line with what they've done before.

If we get less, I'll be a little disappointed, but not terribly surprised. It's a new team in charge and been a long time since the EP4 anniversary.

From the Q&A:

Q: Will any of the the required Galactic Legends characters thata are older get a rework or touch up, for example Rose or Phasma
    A: CG_Tophat - There are no reworks or touch ups planned at the moment. Also on our list to circle back to.

After reading it again, I realize that they could only be referring to the GL characters since that was the question asked, however I wouldn't be surprised if that meant they have no reworks at all planned for the time being. Basically, i just think don't get your hopes up for reworks and you might be pleasantly surprised, or at least not disappointed.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

I miss Kozi’s enthusiasm

They did hint at TIE bomber in the q&a, iirc. Not sure if it appeared in ESB, though.
  • Nauros wrote: »

I miss Kozi’s enthusiasm

They did hint at TIE bomber in the q&a, iirc. Not sure if it appeared in ESB, though.

Empire is where the TIE Bomber first appeared
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

I miss Kozi’s enthusiasm

In the asteroid field, bombing the surface of asteroids.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • exile038
    138 posts Member
    LastJedi13 wrote: »
    They talked about vehicles before...maybe we get some. Is a tauntaun a vehicle? :D

I would like to think so

Or is it a bed?

tm5415hyg5lc.gif

or a snuggie
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

I miss Kozi’s enthusiasm

In the asteroid field, bombing the surface of asteroids.

Of course. I guess I need to find some time to rewatch the OT.
  • TAZZZOOO
    245 posts Member
    Wait, people here actually believe CG are going to celebrate ESB 40th? We got 2 GAs themed after it, 2 exclusive profile icons and 2 titles. What more do you want?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    Wait, people here actually believe CG are going to celebrate ESB 40th? We got 2 GAs themed after it, 2 exclusive profile icons and 2 titles. What more do you want?

Want? Lots of things. Can realistically expect? Far less.
  • My expectations for the 40th anniversary of ESB
    Q82sddW.gif
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »

P A _ _ _
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • LordDirt
    4942 posts Member
    Pants?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Also don’t expect a rework on Vader either.

It does annoy me a bit that both Anakins are better than Vader.
  • Ggdjqjchsabjdj
    780 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    khdelboy wrote: »

But that makes sense. Anakin is more powerful than Vader. But I definitely think we need a better Vader, it makes no sense that someone like BB8 is more useful than him.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • LordDirt
    4942 posts Member

But that makes sense. Anakin is more powerful than Vader. But I definitely think we need a better Vader, it makes no sense that someone like BB8 is more useful than him.

Anakin more powerful than Vader? Your crazy!
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Was this scene from ESB?
    "[Darth Vader steps out of his shuttle on the Death Star.]
    Moff Jerjerrod: Welcome, Lord Vader. This is an unexpected pleasure. We are honored by your presence.
    Darth Vader: You may dispense with the pleasantries, Commander. I am here to put you back on schedule.
    Moff Jerjerrod: I assure you, Lord Vader, my men are working as fast they can.
    Darth Vader: Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them.
    Moff Jerjerrod: I tell you that this station will be operational as planned.
    Darth Vader: [stops and holds up his finger at Jerjerrod] The Emperor does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.
    Moff Jerjerrod: But he asks the impossible! I need more men!
    Darth Vader: Then perhaps you can tell him yourself when he arrives.
    Moff Jerjerrod: [alarmed] The Emperor's coming here?
    Darth Vader: That is correct, Commander, and he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress.
    Moff Jerjerrod: We shall double our efforts.
    Darth Vader: I hope so, Commander, for your sake. The Emperor is not as forgiving"
  • Was this scene from ESB?
    "[Darth Vader steps out of his shuttle on the Death Star.]
    Moff Jerjerrod: Welcome, Lord Vader. This is an unexpected pleasure. We are honored by your presence.
    Darth Vader: You may dispense with the pleasantries, Commander. I am here to put you back on schedule.
    Moff Jerjerrod: I assure you, Lord Vader, my men are working as fast they can.
    Darth Vader: Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them.
    Moff Jerjerrod: I tell you that this station will be operational as planned.
    Darth Vader: [stops and holds up his finger at Jerjerrod] The Emperor does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.
    Moff Jerjerrod: But he asks the impossible! I need more men!
    Darth Vader: Then perhaps you can tell him yourself when he arrives.
    Moff Jerjerrod: [alarmed] The Emperor's coming here?
    Darth Vader: That is correct, Commander, and he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress.
    Moff Jerjerrod: We shall double our efforts.
    Darth Vader: I hope so, Commander, for your sake. The Emperor is not as forgiving"

No, it's return of the Jedi
  • dsdsds
    72 posts Member
    New packs...
  • LordDirt wrote: »

Its actually true, Anakin was the most powerful Force user, like, ever. When he lost 4 limbs and became more machine than man he lost some of his Force ability, where he would have been able to use Force Lightning without the suit, it became impossible for him to with the suit. So while Vader is extremely powerful, without the suit he would have been even more so
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    More powerful than Traya????
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Will you drop it already, that was almost a year ago now
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Will you drop it already, that was almost a year ago now

A real Sith Lord would embrace the hate and let it make them strong.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

Its actually true, Anakin was the most powerful Force user, like, ever. When he lost 4 limbs and became more machine than man he lost some of his Force ability, where he would have been able to use Force Lightning without the suit, it became impossible for him to with the suit. So while Vader is extremely powerful, without the suit he would have been even more so

^ I completely agree.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ