June Road Ahead?

Prev13456738
I'm getting ahead of the curve and starting the thread already.

Replies

• 6 months of nothing. NOTHING CG. Overpriced characters that no one wanted and barely anyone can use. And now we cant even get studio communication on time. Why not just tell us what you're doing and then not release it yet? Because no doubt once you useless knobs tell us what it is, you'll delay the release for 3 months anyway. Seriously. Foxnext are gods compared to you. Weekly updates regardless of what is going on in the game. Compensation for delays and issues, live PVP and actually listening to the community. Watch and learn
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    they just wanna push their last few planned characters and milk whales and then retire
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    yoda must’ve granted you foresight
  • I'm getting ahead of the curve and starting the thread already.

See you in July
  • Keyth
    26 posts Member
    I'm getting ahead of the curve and starting the thread already.

See you in July
    See you in 2021 when the new content is released LOL
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    boy oh boy, I cant wait for June 30th......for another delay.

They could at least give us a tease or something about whats coming. This constant "its coming" is really getting old.
  • Bring back Carrie please. It's clear that whoever is in charge has no idea what they are doing...
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    Bring back Carrie please. It's clear that whoever is in charge has no idea what they are doing...

you presume theres someone in charge...
  • So once you tell us about this new content. How long before we get to enjoy it? Sept/Oct
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    So no update til June, only going to release hints about a new character, so that likely means October-November until the character is released. This is based off of it taking 4-5 painful months for GL to be info dripped to us. Can’t say there is a light at the end of tunnel on this upcoming road ahead. They keep telling us to wait, but they aren’t giving us any reason to want to.
  • avihas
    247 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    6 months of nothing. NOTHING CG. Overpriced characters that no one wanted and barely anyone can use. And now we cant even get studio communication on time. Why not just tell us what you're doing and then not release it yet? Because no doubt once you useless knobs tell us what it is, you'll delay the release for 3 months anyway. Seriously. Foxnext are gods compared to you. Weekly updates regardless of what is going on in the game. Compensation for delays and issues, live PVP and actually listening to the community. Watch and learn

If I say what I think about CG behavior I'll probably get a ban..

They tell us "don't worry- it's comming". And don't be mistaken, not a new content is comming, but only an info for a new content. It's a trailer for a trailer!!

Not only the past half year had close to nothing, but they don't even able to tell us in a month late what should be done in this quarter!!

1 thing that can drive me over the edge is not following a person word, miss schedule and give half baked excusses 😤
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    It's all bull crap now.... there were rumors WAY back when Carrie left that they were trying to clean up the "spaghetti code", to which they adamantly denied..... now they confirm it. Unreal bunch of dummies.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Wow, just wow...

Hey guys, the fans are demanding something. Why not just reskin something? Make it crew less so its less work

Hey we got a BTL Y Ying, let's reskin it for a rebel y wing. Make the kit sound interesting and get them hyped. Also it's empire strike back and we had not PRODUCED ANYTHING apart from portraits and GAC titles.

Yup, another good reason for the delay.

Oh by the way, what is CG building up to? Maybe show a video or something? Not some cheap tricks of packs or reskins to prove that you are working on something.
  • 2019 is looking like an ocean of content compared to 2020. There’s dropping the ball, then there’s lighting it on fire and kicking it off a cliff.
  • CG is a joke at this point. They are obviously understaffed, don't care anymore or even worse, both. They should have been doing tech debt in each of their sprints as opposed to doing it all at once. They clearly don't have the foresight needed. I enjoy the game, but I don't see it lasting much longer now that they are working on their other project. They are probably working on Ultimate Galatic Legend Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker that requires both GL Rey and GL Kylo and will sunset the game once they have milked the whales and krakens one last time.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Some "inspritations" if CG needs ever

1. Make either hoth solider or Scot viable in a rebel line up
    2. Make either 1 of them, or both, as the crew for the y wing
    3. Rework the rebels (Leia / Farmboy Luke / OG Lando / ST Han)
    4. Make them work with Mando toons

On the Empire side
    1. Tie bomber
    2. New tie pilot for the tie bomber
    3. New imps that has anti rebel synergy
    4. Rework vader and the tie advance

So much to do for the current rebel and empire toons. They need not be meta, but let the game really feel it is empire strike back month. Not win some GAC with outdated toons thinking they have any chance of winning.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    botabu wrote: »
    It's all bull crap now.... there were rumors WAY back when Carrie left that they were trying to clean up the "spaghetti code", to which they adamantly denied..... now they confirm it. Unreal bunch of dummies.

or the people trying to use the term spaghetti code, dont understand what that means in terms of large programs and are shoehorning into it what they are talking about here.....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Let try to keep this civil.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    I hope the foundation work is almost complete
    ZAP wrote: »

Yeah, their denial was weird. It’s been obvious for a long time they were working on the framework and the mess that was created by many developers.

The thing for me is, I don’t care that they let it get to this point and are fixing it, that’s their issue and fault, not ours. I care about the product that’s delivered to customers, not about how their assembly line needs fixing or what tools they’re developing.
    The way I read it, its not just the legacy code, but they are making architecture upgrades on top of refactoring old code, so its not just fixing existing issues but adding backend stuff (aka more automated machines for assembly lines) so its not wholly fixing their own mess

This is a very background focused QOL update
  • 2019 is looking like an ocean of content compared to 2020. There’s dropping the ball, then there’s lighting it on fire and kicking it off a cliff.

People forget that the first half of 2019 was good-to-excellent. Darth Revan, Padme, and Malak events were challenging but accessible. Geo DS TB is fun and well-balanced. Separatist reworks were interesting and and continue to be relevant. Grand Arena Championships is the game mode keeping this thing alive.

Everything after Carrie left has seemed half-baked, rushed, lazy, or just completely out-of-touch.
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

or the people trying to use the term spaghetti code, dont understand what that means in terms of large programs and are shoehorning into it what they are talking about here.....

Or they flat out lied.... going with their track record, they lied. Spaghetti code, frame work..... it's all the same in the end. Why would it have killed them to come out and say that the game has grown beyond it's original framework and that they need to fix that to introduce new playable content? They KNEW this was the case last year, and it was completely evident when we all got to play the new GL battles that were a complete and utter flop. Transparency would have gone along way on this one IMO.

• Sansacional_10
    40 posts Member
    edited May 2020
  • @developers - Thanks for letting us know what was up; and for the Y-Wing!
    What all of this comes down to is that y’all take care of an awesome game and we just can’t get enough of it.
  • Sansacional_10
    40 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Let try to keep this civil.

how do you want us to stay civilized if the CG developers haven't given us anything new since November pure characters or events that ask for g13 nothing we can all play. we do not say that we want the content at this moment we say that we want to know what that content will be because the point of a road ahead is that giving us a preview of what is coming is all we want.
  • botabu wrote: »

Or they flat out lied.... going with their track record, they lied. Spaghetti code, frame work..... it's all the same in the end. Why would it have killed them to come out and say that the game has grown beyond it's original framework and that they need to fix that to introduce new playable content? They KNEW this was the case last year, and it was completely evident when we all got to play the new GL battles that were a complete and utter flop. Transparency would have gone along way on this one IMO.

They stated in one of the more recent Q and As that they were working on their content delivery systems, where are you getting a lie about not working on that?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q