June Road Ahead?

Replies

• botabu wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    botabu wrote: »
    It's all bull crap now.... there were rumors WAY back when Carrie left that they were trying to clean up the "spaghetti code", to which they adamantly denied..... now they confirm it. Unreal bunch of dummies.

or the people trying to use the term spaghetti code, dont understand what that means in terms of large programs and are shoehorning into it what they are talking about here.....

Or they flat out lied.... going with their track record, they lied. Spaghetti code, frame work..... it's all the same in the end. Why would it have killed them to come out and say that the game has grown beyond it's original framework and that they need to fix that to introduce new playable content? They KNEW this was the case last year, and it was completely evident when we all got to play the new GL battles that were a complete and utter flop. Transparency would have gone along way on this one IMO.

They stated in one of the more recent Q and As that they were working on their content delivery systems, where are you getting a lie about not working on that?

I think the promise of an action-packed quarter and "oceans of content" was a bit insincere.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It's all bull crap now.... there were rumors WAY back when Carrie left that they were trying to clean up the "spaghetti code", to which they adamantly denied..... now they confirm it. Unreal bunch of dummies.

or the people trying to use the term spaghetti code, dont understand what that means in terms of large programs and are shoehorning into it what they are talking about here.....

Spaghetti code, frame work..... it's all the same in the end.

thank you for proving my point.
  • BeralCator wrote: »

Or they flat out lied.... going with their track record, they lied. Spaghetti code, frame work..... it's all the same in the end. Why would it have killed them to come out and say that the game has grown beyond it's original framework and that they need to fix that to introduce new playable content? They KNEW this was the case last year, and it was completely evident when we all got to play the new GL battles that were a complete and utter flop. Transparency would have gone along way on this one IMO.

They stated in one of the more recent Q and As that they were working on their content delivery systems, where are you getting a lie about not working on that?

I think the promise of an action-packed quarter and "oceans of content" was a bit insincere.

fair, but that is not the same as them denying a framework issue
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Let try to keep this civil.

how do you want us to stay civilized if the CG developers haven't given us anything new since November pure characters or events that ask for g13 nothing we can all play. we do not say that we want the content at this moment we say that we want to know what that content will be because the point of a road ahead is that giving us a preview of what is coming is all we want.

being civil is actually quite easy, and on top of that you can discuss all these things. its actually the best way to get anything done.
  • TayloRen
    121 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I hope the foundation work is almost complete

Yeah, their denial was weird. It’s been obvious for a long time they were working on the framework and the mess that was created by many developers.

The thing for me is, I don’t care that they let it get to this point and are fixing it, that’s their issue and fault, not ours. I care about the product that’s delivered to customers, not about how their assembly line needs fixing or what tools they’re developing.
    The way I read it, its not just the legacy code, but they are making architecture upgrades on top of refactoring old code, so its not just fixing existing issues but adding backend stuff (aka more automated machines for assembly lines) so its not wholly fixing their own mess

This is a very background focused QOL update

Oh yeah, they said they are also upgrading technology, totally get it.

Just about every company upgrades technology or tools to stay competitive, it’s happening daily with companies all over the world in all industries.

That’s part of doing business and not a reason to continuously delay producing and delivering products. If a lot of companies delayed as much or behaved like this, the competition would bury them. With this game they have a committed and captured audience that will continue to shell out money hand over fist based on their investment and the SW IP.

This x 1000
  • avihas
    247 posts Member

how do you want us to stay civilized if the CG developers haven't given us anything new since November pure characters or events that ask for g13 nothing we can all play. we do not say that we want the content at this moment we say that we want to know what that content will be because the point of a road ahead is that giving us a preview of what is coming is all we want.

being civil is actually quite easy, and on top of that you can discuss all these things. its actually the best way to get anything done.

It's pretty hard to be civil and smile while CG keep punching us in the face

• Lrrr
    172 posts Member

Can we discuss whether the player base actually believes CG is working on anything? If we keep if civil, cause it sure feels like they’ve managed to go 2 straight quarters without anything and are working on a 3rd
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    avihas wrote: »

It's pretty hard to be civil and smile while CG keep punching us in the face

I believe you spelled "slap in the face" wrong.
  • In short, CG, I don't believe you. I've been playing this game for years, but these past six months have been very disappointing for me.

I know these forums are incredibly negative and toxic, I'm not trying to be. But I just spent the past month convincing my guild, and circle of friends who are players, that we just had to wait for the Road Ahead this month to know what's coming. Much like how I told them from October until April that the raid was coming, because you kept talking about how you were working on it, and that the plan was to release it in the first part of 2020.

My people are burned out. I'm burned out. I can't believe how tone deaf it is to announce a new major character is coming while at the same time telling us the announcement of the content you've been talking about for six months is delayed. I understand that game development is rough. I'm not in the industry, I don't know the inner workings of your company, so I really don't know what it takes to make this game. I don't pretend to know.

But how is it possible that you don't know that you can talk about what you're working on in a month? Not release it, but talk about it? Are we so early in development that the project can be completely different in a few months, even in terms of concept? If so, why are you even talking about it at all?

When I hear "new major character", all I hear is "the thing you're probably going to have to farm instead of the legends". There's no way my alliance doesn't lose people over having to make that decision.

Can we just get a picture, a teaser, a clue, something? I can only tell them "don't worry guys, it's coming. For real this time" for so many months. I love this game, it's brought me years of entertainment. I've spent a lot of time on spreadsheets, mentoring people on their rosters, building game plans for raids and TB, and helping the guild run as an officer. But just adding characters that require a painful amount of gear on more than ten characters, many of which I don't intend to otherwise use, is not going to keep me or my friends here.

Since LSTB, I've been trying to prevent people from quitting. Every Q&A I just end up frustrated, but hopeful. I just can't be hopeful for the sake of it anymore, and I don't know what to tell them. Assault Battles are great, I enjoy playing most of the new challenge tiers, but it isn't exactly compelling content. It's just a scaled up version of what we already had, and they know it.

Please give us something to actually be excited about instead of just telling us it exists. Most of my guild doesn't believe it anymore.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »

Sad part is, if it wasn't for the world wide pandemic going on, we wouldn't get half the extra stuff we got to do in this quarter. It was definitely action packed tho, in forums I means not in the game itself

If it wasn’t for the pandemic probably none of this would have been delayed so...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Wadthebad
    131 posts Member
    Handcrafted to Bud light???
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

I can’t find the quotes, but they have denied having any problems with framework and foundation, which was clearly admitted to today.

It’s not a big deal, but I remember at the time thinking that was certainly going to get out, via leak or something and denying it would be a bad look.

Turns out they didn’t need a leaker, they just finally came out with it directly.

I'm pretty sure they always said its not a framework issue but they are building on the foundation. As far as I remember, nothing here was contradictory to what they have said previously

Framework and foundation are separate things to a degree
  • BeralCator wrote: »

Sad part is, if it wasn't for the world wide pandemic going on, we wouldn't get half the extra stuff we got to do in this quarter. It was definitely action packed tho, in forums I means not in the game itself

I said action-packed, not drama-packed.

• Turasleon wrote: »
    In short, CG, I don't believe you. I've been playing this game for years, but these past six months have been very disappointing for me.

I know these forums are incredibly negative and toxic, I'm not trying to be. But I just spent the past month convincing my guild, and circle of friends who are players, that we just had to wait for the Road Ahead this month to know what's coming. Much like how I told them from October until April that the raid was coming, because you kept talking about how you were working on it, and that the plan was to release it in the first part of 2020.

My people are burned out. I'm burned out. I can't believe how tone deaf it is to announce a new major character is coming while at the same time telling us the announcement of the content you've been talking about for six months is delayed. I understand that game development is rough. I'm not in the industry, I don't know the inner workings of your company, so I really don't know what it takes to make this game. I don't pretend to know.

But how is it possible that you don't know that you can talk about what you're working on in a month? Not release it, but talk about it? Are we so early in development that the project can be completely different in a few months, even in terms of concept? If so, why are you even talking about it at all?

When I hear "new major character", all I hear is "the thing you're probably going to have to farm instead of the legends". There's no way my alliance doesn't lose people over having to make that decision.

Can we just get a picture, a teaser, a clue, something? I can only tell them "don't worry guys, it's coming. For real this time" for so many months. I love this game, it's brought me years of entertainment. I've spent a lot of time on spreadsheets, mentoring people on their rosters, building game plans for raids and TB, and helping the guild run as an officer. But just adding characters that require a painful amount of gear on more than ten characters, many of which I don't intend to otherwise use, is not going to keep me or my friends here.

Since LSTB, I've been trying to prevent people from quitting. Every Q&A I just end up frustrated, but hopeful. I just can't be hopeful for the sake of it anymore, and I don't know what to tell them. Assault Battles are great, I enjoy playing most of the new challenge tiers, but it isn't exactly compelling content. It's just a scaled up version of what we already had, and they know it.

Please give us something to actually be excited about instead of just telling us it exists. Most of my guild doesn't believe it anymore.

EXACTLY, CG!! Don't just stay there doing who-knows-what and say 'it's coming' who-knows-when?! While the content developers and guild leaders and veterans and guide writers struggle to keep people interested! The community's great, yes, but it won't work if you don't give us any real material to keep them interested...
  • Don't worry, guys.
    They will create a new platform that will not just try to solve old issues.
    It will create a lot of new ones.
  • jman1234
    93 posts Member
    I just hope CG will make us eat all of our words with this next Road Ahead and whatever they have for us in the future. 2020 so far has been a bust IMO. I just want to stop feeling frustrated with the game and stop complaining about the game. I want my biggest problem in the game to be the crappy drop rates, not the lack of content to play. It's gotten to the point I'm looking forward to reading what people will write on the forums about the game more than actually playing the game.
  • Turasleon wrote: »
    In short, CG, I don't believe you. I've been playing this game for years, but these past six months have been very disappointing for me.

Well said. Pretty soon my guild is gonna be me and the other officers sharing the 40 other accounts of people who quit. I think we’re currently fostering like 4 accounts of quitters.
  • Gg’s
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member

I can’t find the quotes, but they have denied having any problems with framework and foundation, which was clearly admitted to today.

It’s not a big deal, but I remember at the time thinking that was certainly going to get out, via leak or something and denying it would be a bad look.

Turns out they didn’t need a leaker, they just finally came out with it directly.

I found those quotes for you:

February:
    As we move through 2020, we are actively working on systems to aid in the authoring of interesting and new content. These systems take time to build, but are expected to yield a fresh, new content landscape. I know, "hold on, it's coming" can be cold comfort so I won't repeat that verbatim, but I will say, "we've heard you, we're working on it, and we think you'll like the results."

January:
    We're working on new systems which should culminate in multiple new game modes. Key goals of that initiative include giving players something challenging to do every day in Galaxy of Heroes. It's too early to go into any details beyond the goals and that we are approaching this from a foundational level rather than trying to just slap a new UI on something you've already done. Rest assured that we are working on new game modes and as soon as I can share details, I will.

Going back through October there didn't seem to be any such denial of work needed on the underlying support for the game.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    jman1234 wrote: »
    I just hope CG will make us eat all of our words with this next Road Ahead and whatever they have for us in the future.

I may crap on CG and the game from time to time but this, this is what i keep hoping and what keeps me playing it. Is it too much to ask?

• Monel
    2776 posts Member

Yeah but let's be fair, Tabasco on frame work just isn't as good as it is on spaghetti
  • So, we’re getting new stuff in August, right?