Kit Reveal: Rebel Y-wing

Replies

• Love the classics, please tell me one day will get an A-wing and B-Wing?
    Maybe also tie bomber and tie interceptor?
  • TIE Defender or we riot! I'll also take a Skipray Blastboat for all you '90s Star Wars flight simulator fans.
  • Awesome! Please give it markings of a color other than gold, if you don't mind. We already have a gold Y-Wing. I recommend blue. Would go well with it's ion-heavy kit.
  • Well Gold Leader died at the end of ANH so it's gotta be a different squadron right?
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    ndwilson wrote: »
    Well Gold Leader died at the end of ANH so it's gotta be a different squadron right?

zomg spoilers
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Therion
    81 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Can't wait to see the stats.
  • The assists will be insane with the Rebels fleet
  • This pleases me. I invested a lot in my rebel fleet (r7 Ezra, r6 Biggs, r4 SRPF. Han & Chewie are r7 too of course.) I'm glad that CG honors this investment and makes rebels arena/TW/GAC-relevant again. Maybe even LSTB-relevant? I guess we'll see.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    SRP is pretty bad too. I'll never forget the 1 random crafted gear piece for ISC to go from G11 to G12 that needed 100 pieces of premium gear and he is the only character IN THE ENTIRE GAME that uses that specific created gear. I'm not still salty or anything.

He's not terrible at g13 though. Lasts longer in P2 HSTR than OB thanks to his revive gimmick. I never lose anyone until Sion gets enraged. This was with pretty mediocre mods (I'm too lazy to move mods around for raids):
    ymd3z4zznfbh.png

ETA: I wish I could report that relic Biggs is equally useful outside of fleet.
  • Mox4 wrote: »
    Why on earth does this ship not have a pilot? Why are you continuing with this? :(

I wasn't a fan of pilotless ships outside of droid ships, but now that we have the GR Y-Wing it's only fair that other fleets get crewless ships as well. They still have the advantage that all GR and Separatist pilots are extremely valuable in squad, unlike most rebel pilots.

Besides, if this cuts down on development time and allows CG to keep churning out ships, I'm for it. With 8 capital ships we still need quite a few of them. And who has the time and resources to gear additional pilots at this point?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    SRP is pretty bad too. I'll never forget the 1 random crafted gear piece for ISC to go from G11 to G12 that needed 100 pieces of premium gear and he is the only character IN THE ENTIRE GAME that uses that specific created gear. I'm not still salty or anything.

He's not terrible at g13 though. Lasts longer in P2 HSTR than OB thanks to his revive gimmick. I never lose anyone until Sion gets enraged. This was with pretty mediocre mods (I'm too lazy to move mods around for raids):
    ymd3z4zznfbh.png

ETA: I wish I could report that relic Biggs is equally useful outside of fleet.
    That is pitiful damage for all those relic levels. Not a good sales pitch for Rebel pilots.
  • Wow this ship is rather powerful... Potential sub for HT? Shield disruption means early kill if you put it on starting lineup.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    A new rebel ship?

cIeKBZG.gif?noredirect

Agreed
    I'm so happy :)

• I wasn't a fan of pilotless ships outside of droid ships, but now that we have the GR Y-Wing it's only fair that other fleets get crewless ships as well. They still have the advantage that all GR and Separatist pilots are extremely valuable in squad, unlike most rebel pilots.

Besides, if this cuts down on development time and allows CG to keep churning out ships, I'm for it. With 8 capital ships we still need quite a few of them. And who has the time and resources to gear additional pilots at this point?

Agreed, following this pattern we might see the Resistance get one too.

8 Cap Ships & this is Fighter #42 = barely 5/cap ship.

We got a LOT of fighters to add before we need any more command ships.
  • palach
    1 posts Member
    who's a pilot?
  • Hortus
    614 posts Member
    Wow! Unexpected and very pleasant surprise. I hope FO and Resistance fleets tune up is also on the road.
    palach wrote: »
    who's a pilot?

It's crewless.

• Akenno
    538 posts Member
    "Rebel allies recover 20% Protection whenever a Rebel ally critically hits an enemy. "

Does the protection recovery count for every rebel ally or only the rebel ally, that critically hits the enemy?
  • looks like for every critical hit
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Is shield disruption a debuff that can be cleansed?
  • Denmach wrote: »
    Not having to relic 7 a pilot to get a strong tank to replace hounds tooth is exactly what the rebel fleet needed to combat Malevolence and Negotiator, if and only if it is fast enough.

It remains to be seen how fast she is. Biggs is quick for a tank and may be hard to replace for those of us with Bistan, but the ion torpedoes look fantastic versus galactic republic, no doubt.

Thanks for keeping ships on your radar. Some of us really love them, though I do wish we could choose our own reinforcement order under ai. This ship could be really bad if it's not fast enough, or it's not durable enough. The base stats to complement the kit will tell the real story.

Speed on this ship is entirely unnecessary. She can assist once per every rebel ally turn and taunts from her basic even if used out of turn.

You need high crit chance for that unique and high tank numbers, nothing else. This ship doesn't need any speed at all
  • Hortus
    614 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Is shield disruption a debuff that can be cleansed?

Developer insights says it's debuff - https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/229545/developer-insights-rebel-y-wing#latest . So destroying Bossk will probably still require some good timing. :)
  • Nevet
    20 posts Member
    KP67s wrote: »
    Wow.

In an ENTIRE MOVIE, you guys decided we really wanted a ship that showed up for a max 10 seconds at the very end of the movie.

Way to have a good read on the playerbase CG. FFS.

You are supremely out of touch if you think im gonna turn down ANY ships from the OT. Now we need B-Wings and A-Wings to round out the Rebellion team and seemingly to compound your salt
  • There is absolutely no reason to not have pilots for ships (unless it makes sense, where the ship is a droid).

Once you have maxed the ship to 7*, there is no longer any way to improve it. Abilities and level are pretty much automatically maxed because we have an excess of ship resources and not enough ships to build.

They say these new crew-less ships are calibrated to be comparable to maxed out pilots anyway, and that they would have to start out worse if they were piloted, as if that's a bad thing. The issue is not how I can have a better Y-wing - It's how can I have a better Y-wing than you. If you didn't invest in the pilot, and I did then mine will be better. That distinction is impossible if you never put pilots in ships again.

All of our ships will be the same the moment they hit 7*. If you are going to continue this just to placate those who hate ships and would prefer a game without them, then at least add something that makes it possible to make my ships better than theirs. Increase the level cap, mods for ships, or something. But I would honestly prefer the more thematically appropriate pilot, even if it's just a generic toon that is useless for anything else.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    A new debuff called "Shield Disruption", yay. Can't wait for the first bug reports a few days after release when people test it. Then the bug reports in EA's bug report section will either be "flagged for review" or straight up ignored and for at least 6+ months nothing will happen.

I assume TIE Bomber (just assuming he's going to be released aswell) will have a new debuff aswell because there are definitely not enough mechanics in the game to work with. Let's introduce new ones over and over again in this giant spaghetti code mess that's obviously just a hoax. There are only a few happy little surprise mechanics.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    This thread is Exhibit #23,401 in The State vs People That Will Complain About Anything
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • We are supposed to complain about inconsistencies in game design.

Having some ships piloted and others not, isn't consistent.

I'd be fine with them removing all pilots as a secondary solution, even now that we have some of those pilots geared up. But that still doesn't take care of the problem of how to make my ship better than yours.
  • TAZZZOOO
    245 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    This thread is Exhibit #23,401 in The State vs People That Will Complain About Anything

Complaining about people complaining is still complaining. The difference is the first complainers are on topic.
This discussion has been closed.