Your Empire Needs You!

Prev1
Can the Empire faction get some love?

It’s a massive part of the core franchise and it’s probably one of the worst factions in the game.

I’d love to see classic empire getting a rework to be competitive. Outside of troopers being a good offensive PvP team Empire has nothing.

Vader, tarkin etc are really showing their age and it makes me sad.

Make the Empire great again.

Replies

• Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    The empire mixed with sith had a meta phase not long ago and with modding palp is still an excellent team to run that can train a lot of others into the ground.
    Sure they could always do with a touch up but they're plenty competitive.
  • Ggdjqjchsabjdj
    780 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    The empire mixed with sith had a meta phase not long ago and with modding palp is still an excellent team to run that can train a lot of others into the ground.

Not long ago? Pretty sure that was over 2 years ago. Either way it was mostly due to the Sith tag, the empire didn't really do much.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Lysandrax wrote: »

Palp is powerful because of his sith tag. His empire tag is incidental.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    His lead applies to both so not incidental.
    And a properly modded palp team can still punch a long way up.
    A much better team than imp troopers that have been brought up, someone has just been watching a whale play too much
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    It always funny to read that the empire is a good faction because of palpatine and vador. Defnitively not related to the sith tag.
    L O L
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Not my empire, I didnt vote for it!
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member

Plenty competitive?
    Really?
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    It always funny to read that the empire is a good faction because of palpatine and vador. Defnitively not related to the sith tag.
    L O L

Haha yeah.
    If you take away the 2 best toons from a faction the faction becomes wayyy worse, right?!?!?!
    Come on CG, why cant things i liked from movies remain as a dominante team indefinitely?
    Are you even trying?!
    L O L

Haha yeah.
    If you take away the 2 best toons from a faction the faction becomes wayyy worse, right?!?!?!
    Come on CG, why cant things i liked from movies remain as a dominante team indefinitely?
    Are you even trying?!
    Thrawn, not Vader. And Vader is one of, if not, the most popular characters (and powerful) in all of Star Wars, for him to be so underwhelming is just sad.

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Admiral Piett! Perfect for ESB anniversary!
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    L O L

Haha yeah.
    Are you even trying?!
    Thrawn, not Vader. And Vader is one of, if not, the most popular characters (and powerful) in all of Star Wars, for him to be so underwhelming is just sad.

Vader is fine, as soon as relics came out people were making videos of him cutting malaks in half.
    They have more important things they should be doing.
    L O L

Haha yeah.
    Are you even trying?!

Vader is fine, as soon as relics came out people were making videos of him cutting malaks in half.

Wow, but is that because of the team around him, or just him? Take a character like CLS, you don’t need him relic’d and he is still useful. If all characters need to be relic’d to be good, what’s the point?
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    L O L

Haha yeah.
    Are you even trying?!

Wow, but is that because of the team around him, or just him? Take a character like CLS, you don’t need him relic’d and he is still useful. If all characters need to be relic’d to be good, what’s the point?

Team around, for the most part.

From what I remember of Vader slicing through Sith Empire, it was a highly niche set up. That I've never seen outside of theory crafting videos. Sure, if you can get enough debuff then Culling Blade hits very hard. That was also true before relics came out though.
    Vader is underwhelming. Was pre-relics. Still is.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    L O L

Haha yeah.
    Are you even trying?!

The point is that the game isn’t canon. It would be cool to have a great Vader, but the whales would pay for anything as long it’s meta breaking. Heck, they could’ve called GL Rey Shrek, and then called the basic ability “Swamp Rat Stew,” and as long as it was still amazing, people would buy it.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    CLS is a hero's journey toon.
    False comparison.

Relic your vader and have some fun with him, on a list of characters in need of reworks he shouldn't even be near the top.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    False comparison.

Relic your vader and have some fun with him, on a list of characters in need of reworks he shouldn't even be near the top.

But you can't have fun with a relic Vader without (from what I can see) using other characters that are better used elsewhere.

That's OP's point I think. Iconic character that is pretty lackadaisical outside of a niche composition.

He absolutely should be near the top of the re-work list.

• Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    False comparison.

But you can't have fun with a relic Vader without (from what I can see) using other characters that are better used elsewhere.

That's OP's point I think. Iconic character that is pretty lackadaisical outside of a niche composition.

Sure, right behind every GR jedi, the other clones, and the toons that were required to be geared up for the GL event that are terrible.
    So maybe 12th or 13th on a rework list.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    False comparison.

Sure, right behind every GR jedi, the other clones, and the toons that were required to be geared up for the GL event that are terrible.

Opinion of course. But none of those characters made (or make me) interested in Star Wars.
    Vader did. He's the face of the Original Trilogy and should be far more relevant than he is.
    A) in arena? Nope
    B. fleet arena? Nope
    C) TW? Nope. Well maybe a scrappy backline squad. But not exactly a go-to character.
    D) TB? Nope.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    False comparison.

Disagree. None of those characters made (or make) me interested in Star Wars. Vader is the face of the OT and should be more relevant.
    1. Squad arena? Ha ha ha ha
    2. Fleet arena. Not really, it's GR and Seps
    3. TW. Nope
    4. TB. Nope
    5. GAC. Maybe, but hardly a go-to character.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    False comparison.

Disagree. None of those characters made (or make) me interested in Star Wars. Vader is the face of the OT and should be more relevant.
    3. TW. Nope
    4. TB. Nope

Just because they don’t interest you doesn’t mean they don’t interest others. Also, Vader was reworked in 2018. Most of the other characters that have been around since launch have never been touched up on.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    mvbnjw9g9su6.jpg

For the empire
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    :o
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Jenoke76
    35 posts Member
    In games the good characters are the unique heroes/villians with names.
    The non-unique characters are fillers only with much less potencial.

Empire faction has 18 characters and only 8 of them are unique villians.
    Rebels has 35 characters from which only 3 are non-unique!
    GR has 29 characters from which only 5 are non-unique!

We need more unique Empire characters
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Jenoke76 wrote: »
    In games the good characters are the unique heroes/villians with names.
    The non-unique characters are fillers only with much less potencial.

Empire faction has 18 characters and only 8 of them are unique villians.
    Rebels has 35 characters from which only 3 are non-unique!
    GR has 29 characters from which only 5 are non-unique!

We need more unique Empire characters

That’s fair, but then tell me why Snowtrooper has more use than Bodhi Rook.
    False comparison.

Ok then, compare him to someone like Sion.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    False comparison.

3. TW. Nope
    4. TB. Nope

Just because they don’t interest you doesn’t mean they don’t interest others. Also, Vader was reworked in 2018. Most of the other characters that have been around since launch have never been touched up on.
    What he’s trying to say is that Vader is one of the most liked and well-known characters in all of Star Wars, and for him to be as shambolic as he is in this game is just weird. Any other Star Wars game and I’m pretty sure Vader is one of the best characters in the game.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    False comparison.

3. TW. Nope
    4. TB. Nope

I didn't say that those characters weren't of interest to other people. I wrote they weren't to me and in any case they are irrelevant to a topic about improving the Empire faction.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    False comparison.

You're supposed to be drawing the comparison?
    I think he's fine where he is, i have no reasons to make comparisons.

He cant just always be a top toon, the game doesn't work that way. He had his days in the sunshine a while ago, he still has good use now.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    False comparison.

He cant just always be a top toon, the game doesn't work that way. He had his days in the sunshine a while ago, he still has good use now.

Genuine question, what do you use Vader for?
    False comparison.

Yes, but he should be. To make some irrelevant characters such as Sion better than the Lord himself is just appalling. If you’re not going to allow him to be good, just make a new one. We have 5 Hans, 4 Chewies, why can’t we have another Vader. It’s the anniversary of the ESB and nothing about Vader, one of the main characters in the movie, has even been remotely mentioned. It’s quite disheartening to know that one of my favourite (and lots of other peoples’) character is this dreadful in this game. Don’t you think so? He is definitely not fine where he is. He can barely hold his own against some pretty rubbish teams, such as if you look at my discussion I posted yesterday.