F2P GL Progress

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    I'm done as well. Flooding the guild chat with upgrade notices felt good. The event runs were awfully boring. No stress, no stakes, just boredom. It took me 12 days to grab the gl after event unlock. For the last 3 days of this I used 100 refills and today 2 200s just to be able to unlock before new gac round.

s8z66icns9b2.png
  • EdSolo
    410 posts Member
    EdSolo wrote: »
    I have gone Resistance first, but I'm also farming Sith Trooper and Hux.

JTR, Finn, and RT are done
    Scavenger Rey is R2, BB-8 is R4
    Poe is G12 +5, RP is G12 +3
    Holdo is G11 +4, Rose is G10 +5, Chewie is G8 +5
    Hero Finn 19/85 G8 +5, Hero Poe 14/30 G9 +4, Raddus 40/65

Not actively working on FO per se, but they are on my list

KRU G12 +4, Kylo G12 +3, ST G12 +1, Phasma G11 +5, FOO G11 +5, Hux 24/100 G10 +5, Sith Trooper 10/85 G8 +5, FOE G11 +5, FOTP G11 +3, FOSTP G8 +4, Han G8 +4, Palpatine G12 +3, Finalizer 30/65

Here is my update about a month later:

JTR, Finn, RT, Scavenger Rey, Poe, RP, and Raddus are done
    BB-8 is R5
    Holdo is G12 +5, Rose is G12 +1, Chewie is G9 +4
    Hero Finn 60/100 G10 +4, Hero Poe 7/85 G10 +1

Not actively working on FO per se, but they are on my list

KRU G12 +5, Kylo +3, ST G12 +3, Phasma G12 +1, FOO G11 +5, Hux G11 +5, Sith Trooper 74/85 G8 +5, FOE G11 +5, FOTP G11 +3, FOSTP G8 +4, Han G8 +5, Palpatine G12 +4, Finalizer 60/65

I haven't spent any crystals except for refreshes at this point. Gear has been the biggest bottleneck so far. Since I'm still farming toons, I figure I don't need to spend crystals on gear yet.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    Nice work, @Tattz
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    Nice work, @Tattz

Thanks dude 👍🏻
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    I’m just 3 pieces away from gear XIII Hux. And nearly 6* Sith Trooper.

Then I slowly realise that I’ll still be THREE months away before I can start farming GL tickets, because of the Finalizer 5 stars requirement. I just unlocked it on the last event.

Oh well, I might use that time to farm gears for the GAS event.
  • Then I slowly realise that I’ll still be THREE months away before I can start farming GL tickets, because of the Finalizer 5 stars requirement. I just unlocked it on the last event.

If you've got the crystals, 1k refreshes are your friend.
  • Danoris
    51 posts Member
    RH brothers need some stars and a little gear, then will need to finish off the relics for everyone.

Raddus will be 5* at the next event, so that part will be finished in 2 days.

ev4vvpnxnbc5.png
  • Keyth
    26 posts Member
    Almost there
  • Keyth
    26 posts Member
    trrrjc6xcnud.png
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    Well done, @Keyth

• MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    Okay, latest progress update

Old stats are from May 4th:
    Not yet 7*:
    Resistance Hero Finn = 64/100, g11 + 2/6 TRICKED YA. RHFinn is now 7* and g12+4/6
    (...just needs Fusion Furnace and a Left Side piece I've finished but haven't equipped b/c reasons)
    Resistance Hero Poe = 18/85, g9 +4/6 ==> 21/100, g9 + 5/6 (Needs Stun Gun for g10)

All below are 7*:
    Trooper = g12 +5 (no change, Need finisher)
    Rose = g12 +4 (No change, Need Finisher & Fusion Furnace)

Pilot = g12 + 3 ==> g12 +4 (Need Finisher & Fusion Furnace)
    Vet Chewie = g12 +3 ==> g12 +5/6 (got the finisher already, just need one StunGun prototype for right/middle)

BB-8 = g12 +4 ==> relic-1
    Poe = r1 [same]
    Holdo = r1 [same]
    ScavRey = R1 [same]
    JTR = R1 [same]

Completely finished:
    Finn = r5 (No change)

The amount of movement looks really pathetic when I look at it, but I'm still working on just one Signal Data category. I farmed all the hardest ones I need, then I started farming the 2nd hardest. I haven't farmed any of the easiest. In the meantime, I've stocked up a bunch of those Aurodium Heatsinks, so everybody who needs r5 can get there instantly once I have the signal data. I know, it seems weird not to farm the signal data one toon at a time, but that's just not how I roll.

Mostly I'm stuck on Mk12 Fusioin Furnace Prototypes. But since I'm still a few weeks out on RHPoe, I decided not to buy any until he gets to 7*, and in the meantime hope for luck in raid gear. If I wait til the last second, then I don't waste crystals buying anything that I get lucky enough to have drop. This is also why I'm using my FFPs in the Finishers first, to give more time for HSTR to drop some complete Mk12 Furnaces on me.

In the meantime, still need more of those Mk12 FF prototypes, so the Galactic Chase will be fun - go after Rebel Y-Wing and FFPs at the same time, and blow through some crystal stash, b/c why not?

The real question is... how much can I spend on the Galactic Chase without setting myself back in purchasing Kyros?

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Last 10 days of farming has yielded me 1 ulti mat+
    rwo76brxnpg2.png

I only farmed the kyro piece on ls node in the duration (+daily hard ls). At this pace it'll take another 60 days for the ulti. Ugh.
  • Keyth
    26 posts Member
    Okay, latest progress update

Old stats are from May 4th:
    Not yet 7*:
    Resistance Hero Finn = 64/100, g11 + 2/6 TRICKED YA. RHFinn is now 7* and g12+4/6
    (...just needs Fusion Furnace and a Left Side piece I've finished but haven't equipped b/c reasons)
    Resistance Hero Poe = 18/85, g9 +4/6 ==> 21/100, g9 + 5/6 (Needs Stun Gun for g10)

All below are 7*:
    Trooper = g12 +5 (no change, Need finisher)
    Rose = g12 +4 (No change, Need Finisher & Fusion Furnace)

Pilot = g12 + 3 ==> g12 +4 (Need Finisher & Fusion Furnace)
    Vet Chewie = g12 +3 ==> g12 +5/6 (got the finisher already, just need one StunGun prototype for right/middle)

BB-8 = g12 +4 ==> relic-1
    Poe = r1 [same]
    Holdo = r1 [same]
    ScavRey = R1 [same]
    JTR = R1 [same]

Completely finished:
    Finn = r5 (No change)

The amount of movement looks really pathetic when I look at it, but I'm still working on just one Signal Data category. I farmed all the hardest ones I need, then I started farming the 2nd hardest. I haven't farmed any of the easiest. In the meantime, I've stocked up a bunch of those Aurodium Heatsinks, so everybody who needs r5 can get there instantly once I have the signal data. I know, it seems weird not to farm the signal data one toon at a time, but that's just not how I roll.

Mostly I'm stuck on Mk12 Fusioin Furnace Prototypes. But since I'm still a few weeks out on RHPoe, I decided not to buy any until he gets to 7*, and in the meantime hope for luck in raid gear. If I wait til the last second, then I don't waste crystals buying anything that I get lucky enough to have drop. This is also why I'm using my FFPs in the Finishers first, to give more time for HSTR to drop some complete Mk12 Furnaces on me.

In the meantime, still need more of those Mk12 FF prototypes, so the Galactic Chase will be fun - go after Rebel Y-Wing and FFPs at the same time, and blow through some crystal stash, b/c why not?

The real question is... how much can I spend on the Galactic Chase without setting myself back in purchasing Kyros?

Yeah man those furnaces are no joke... keep it up you’ll get there soon and be wrecking faces in no time!
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    @Keyth

Thanks!
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Last 10 days of farming has yielded me 1 ulti mat+
    rwo76brxnpg2.png

I only farmed the kyro piece on ls node in the duration (+daily hard ls). At this pace it'll take another 60 days for the ulti. Ugh.

It's a slog for sure. After 2 weeks, I have 3, partly because t4-5 come first, and partly because I lost my 4th attempt. With 50 and 100 crystal refreshes and no more losses, I might have it in 2 more weeks.
  • Everyone sitting here with their g13 Resistance and First Order and I’m here chilling with my g9. https://swgoh.gg/p/562627363 is me.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Everyone sitting here with their g13 Resistance and First Order and I’m here chilling with my g9. https://swgoh.gg/p/562627363 is me.

As a mid term player, it wouldn't make sense for you to go for a gl since your g13 and even g12 count is pretty low.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Everyone sitting here with their g13 Resistance and First Order and I’m here chilling with my g9. https://swgoh.gg/p/562627363 is me.

As a mid term player, it wouldn't make sense for you to go for a gl since your g13 and even g12 count is pretty low.
    Yeah that’s because I more go for teams which I enjoy playing, hence my low g12 count.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Update

8/10 ultimate rey

Hope in 4 or 5 days..i will get uRey
  • Edo
    6 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    ydifka83iiau.jpg
    I'm this far away. Probably could have farmed smarter because these last two gear pieces (I just finished ST) are gonna take a bit but gives me time to relic the remainder.
  • Bill0207
    375 posts Member
    I'm about half way to getting kylo and have been playing f2p for over 4 years now. I'm actually in a guild that has exclusively f2p players and we have multiple maxed reys and 1 kylo I believe
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Been almost 2 weeks, time for an update!

old stats are from May 20:
    Not yet 7*:
    Resistance Hero Poe = 21/100 ==> ...tricked you! RHPoe is now 7*. g9 + 5/6 ==> g12 +5
    Finished shard farming him yesterday. Dropped the last StunGun on him today, then raced through g12 except the finisher. Still need 150 gold Fusion Furnaces to get all my toons to relic.

All toons are now 7*, no more farming needed. (Raddus is not, but Raddus is not required to be.)

All below are 7*:
    • Rose = g12 +4 (No change, Need Finisher & Fusion Furnace)
    • Pilot = g12 + 3 ==> g12 +4 (Need Finisher & Fusion Furnace)
    • Vet Chewie = g12 +3 ==> g12 +5/6 (got the finisher already, just need one StunGun prototype for right/middle)

7* and Relic'd:
    • Resistance Hero Finn = g12+4/6 ==> r1
    • Trooper = g12 +5 (Need finisher) ==> r1
    • BB-8 = relic-1 [same]
    • Poe = r1 [same]
    • Holdo = r1 [same]
    • ScavRey = R1 [same]
    • JTR = R1 [same]

Completely finished:
    • Finn = r5 (No change)

Two of the last 4 toons to relic have their finishers. instead they need a Mk12 Fusion Furnace, and I've pretty much wiped myself on those materials since I just crafted and equipped two of them on RH Poe. So, I need just 2 more finishers, which means only 200 more Kyros, and I think I have 60-70 of those, so really only 130-140 more Kyros.

I need 141 more Fusion Furnaces (50 for RHPoe's finisher), one full purple Mk3 Stun Cuff, and 79 more gold Mk12 Stun Cuff salvage (4 full Mk12 Stun Cuff Prototypes). For Vet Chewie I just need a Mk12 Stun Gun, which I can complete with one Mk5 StunGun Prototype or 41 more Mk5 SG Prototype Salvage).

Full list to bring everyone to Relic:
    • 130-140 Kyros (about 4-5 days worth)
    • 141 Mk12 Fusion Furnace Prototype Salvage (I've been collecting these slowly, but now that i'm done farming RHPoe I can speed that up by refreshing Fleet energy - not sure how long. We'll see how I'm doing next update.)
    • 37 Mk3 StunCuff salvage
    • 79 Mk12 (gold) Stun Cuff Salvage
    • 41 Mk5 StunGun Prototype salvage.

Once we get everyone to relic, then I need the data to bring them up to required levels. I have enough Jawa Scavenger Mats (not Data Mats) to bring everyone up to r5 (though I'll leave the r3 required toons at r3 for now, just to save Data Mats).

I have enough of the Flawed Signal Data to get all r5 and r7 toons where they need to be. (Yes, I like farming the hardest one first so that as the goal gets closer, the farming gets faster. Otherwise i get to frustrated.)

Still need:
    • 160-ish Incomplete Signal Data
    • 400-ish Flawed Signal Data

I'm getting ~ 10 ISD per day, so I'm going to have to boost that up sometime soon. The 400 Flawed signal Data will be farmed faster than ISD, but that's still a lot of data mats.

What I'm hoping and praying for right now is that the new TIE Bomber will be released as a Cantina-energy Galactic Chase and I can load up on signal data at the same time I'm chasing the ship. If they do that, I'll get almost 6 days worth of signal data for every one day of the Galactic Chase, which will put me ahead 20-25 Days, or ~250-280 Flawed Signal Data out of the 400 I need. If not? Well then some time soon I'm going to have to dump a lot of crystals into Cantina Energy anyway. I'm not looking forward to that, but what can you do?

So, my original timeline estimated I would qualify for tickets sometime between June 15 and June 30. Then when I pushed things aside for the last Galactic Chase, I thought maybe that would delay me a week. I think I can get the last 4 toons to relic by June 20, but i'm still not sure exactly how long getting all the rest of my relic data will take. A July 7 deadline (the original, delayed one week for the galactic chase) still seems reasonable to me.

i'm actually kinda impressed that my original estimate appears to be holding up so well.

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    l8i0uzljmgag.jpeg
    02qbsbirvuxl.jpeg
    Finished the first quest. I'd been waiting on getting enough t4 and t5 relic mats from TBs so I wouldn't have to salvage as much good gear, but that was far too slow so I had to change up.

Working on Poe now because I figure I'll just go straight down the Quest line and finish them all off inorder. Except New Finn and New Poe because maaaaan....... That's going to take a while just to finish the 7* farm.

Veteran Chewbacca has been a real revelation, I like him a lot. I've been using him in TW and GAC, mostly with Finn in 5v5 for that short cooldown stun and Rey in 3v3 for the murder power. He hits like a truck and has so many HP. I'll be raising his relic level above 3 when I've finally unlocked Rey.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    l8i0uzljmgag.jpeg
    02qbsbirvuxl.jpeg
    Finished the first quest. I'd been waiting on getting enough t4 and t5 relic mats from TBs so I wouldn't have to salvage as much good gear, but that was far too slow so I had to change up.

Working on Poe now because I figure I'll just go straight down the Quest line and finish them all off inorder. Except New Finn and New Poe because maaaaan....... That's going to take a while just to finish the 7* farm.

Veteran Chewbacca has been a real revelation, I like him a lot. I've been using him in TW and GAC, mostly with Finn in 5v5 for that short cooldown stun and Rey in 3v3 for the murder power. He hits like a truck and has so many HP. I'll be raising his relic level above 3 when I've finally unlocked Rey.

What's the full team make up you're using? I wanted to get vet chew (without doing vet han) some usage too.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    l8i0uzljmgag.jpeg
    02qbsbirvuxl.jpeg

What's the full team make up you're using? I wanted to get vet chew (without doing vet han) some usage too.

Finn, Poe, Trooper, Pilot, Chewbacca. You can sub Rose in for Pilot, but in general you have enpugh stuns on short cooldowns to keep the enemy from taking in a turn and will need Pilot's expose more than Rose's third stun. Chewbacca also works well in this team because he hits nice and hard, and if things go badly you will eventually have to taunt with Finn, and Chewbacca's unique will explode someone. Ideally it won't get that far, you'll have all the exposes you need to keep them from taking turns, but it's a good backup to have just in case.

In 3v3 I use Jedi Rey, BB8, and Chewbacca. Between Rey's leader ability and Chewbacca's unique, you'll be hitting the a ton of bricks. Then I use Finn, Poe, Trooper in the other team. That leaves Pilot, Rose, Rey, and Holdo for another team if needed or to augment another-other team (Raid Han, Legendary Chewbacca, and Scavenger Rey is A HOOT.)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    Rey Done and R7. Ultimate will wait a bit longer
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    The interval for ulti farming sucks big time. Started on may 11 and still at 6/10 with occasional 100 refills.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    That leaves Pilot, Rose, Rey, and Holdo for another team

With so many zMauls showing up in 3v3, I've fallen in love with Plo Koon (L), Holdo, Scav Rey as a counter. None of the toons are vital to other teams, PK's lead works on any follower, not just Jedi, and deals with the Stealth. PK's basic dispels, when needed (for instance if they drop in a SithEmpire Trooper). Scav Rey generates lots of Foresight to feed Holdo's unique, and Holdo drops AoE daze to halt the TM jumping.

Then it's just ScavRey specials bashing them to death. Amazing squad against 3v3 zMaul. If I ever see zMaul in 5v5 I'll be forced to drop in R2 for the burning to kill off the evasion and also for the extra Foresight. Don't think I'd need anyone else at all, even 5v5.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    I unlocked both with a (mostly) f2p hoard. The only things I bought were the small relic packs 4x.