Vader rework, please!

Prev13
Ggdjqjchsabjdj
780 posts Member
edited May 2020
Welp. Just did my first GA battle of this round. My opponent put some trash jedi on defense.
vcwa72so8cgo.jpg
I decided it'd be funny to 1v3 a trash team with my Vader. For reference my Vader is g12. The jedi I fought were hoda, gear 9, Plo, gear 9 and Mace, gear 8. And what do you know, my Vader lost...
cv8ku0zwo0k6.jpg
So I thought this would be the perfect time to say that with the ESB anniversary tomorrow, why not have a Vader rework, so he doesn't die to things such as this... truly disappointed by Vader's incompetence at killing Jedi, the main thing he wanted to do.
I have a bad feeling about this.

Replies

• I’m sure GL Vader will be a thing.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    You mean re-rework?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Yeah, but when is the problem. They won't do it now, so at least give us a Vader rework now because it's the anniversary of the ESB!
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    You mean re-rework?

I guess so.
  • What about a different version of Vader? Rogue one Vader perhaps? Rebels Vader perhaps? Or retooling Vader to incorporate all the skills we see him use throughout the sagas
  • Ggdjqjchsabjdj
    780 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Tragamite1 wrote: »
    What about a different version of Vader? Rogue one Vader perhaps? Rebels Vader perhaps? Or retooling Vader to incorporate all the skills we see him use throughout the sagas
    My post was talking about for the ESB anniversary, not a new Vader, a Vader from the ESB, a better Vader, not this trashy Vader who can’t even beat this trashy Jedi team.
    I want him reworked, or re-reworked. It’s absurd that he’s as bad as he is, he needs something to make him at least a viable choice for GA an SA.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    Current iteration of Vader is a C+ character at best. Indeed the Empire faction is quite underwhelming (honourable exception for Thrawn and Palpatine).
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    Current iteration of Vader is a C+ character at best. Indeed the Empire faction is quite underwhelming (honourable exception for Thrawn and Palpatine).
    Yeah, it’s so disappointing that one of the most popular Star Wars characters in the entire saga can barely hold his own with out some Sith friends, when in things such as the comics he is able to beat Jedi by himself with no help.

• Welp. Just did my first GA battle of this round. My opponent put some trash jedi on defense.
    vcwa72so8cgo.jpg
    I decided it'd be funny to 1v3 a trash team with my Vader. For reference my Vader is g12. The jedi I fought were hoda, gear 9, Plo, gear 9 and Mace, gear 8. And what do you know, my Vader lost...
    cv8ku0zwo0k6.jpg
    So I thought this would be the perfect time to say that with the ESB anniversary tomorrow, why not have a Vader rework, so he doesn't die to things such as this... truly disappointed by Vader's incompetence at killing Jedi, the main thing he wanted to do.

You do realize that was a hermit yoda right? What chane you think u had with a Vader at gear 12? My vader is relic 3 and hits like a truck, takes out most teams, and at relic 7 it can kill a full health malak with 1 shot, so no you just have him moded poorly and under geared, if anyone should get a rework that is mace windu
    I can’t tell if this is a joke or not. If it isn’t, g12 isn’t undergeared and I have him with 6 dot mods. Crit damage + Crit chance.
    If this is a joke, I have nothing to say, Mace does need a rework, but we know this isn’t happening any time soon.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    0suadrmcse8j.jpg

GL Vader
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I agree that the current Vader is pretty disappointing these days, but we're far more likely to get a Legendary/Hero/EC/GL/Superultradeluxecan'tgetitunlesseveryothercharacterismaxrelics version rather than a rework.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    0suadrmcse8j.jpg

GL Vader

Always wondered why his suit wasnt lit up.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    0suadrmcse8j.jpg

GL Vader

Rule of Cool. It looks way more dramatic this way.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    LordDirt wrote: »
    0suadrmcse8j.jpg

GL Vader

he added the bling later.
  • Jedi Fallen Order Vader would be sick. That’s the first time I’ve ever felt intimidated by him in my life.
  • Id like to have seen that fight
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    iuelizgu9u55.jpg

Better not destroy my team.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    iuelizgu9u55.jpg

Better not destroy my team.

You should stick Boba in there. More dots, more damage, more debuffs.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • OrganaBen wrote: »
    Welp. Just did my first GA battle of this round. My opponent put some trash jedi on defense.
    vcwa72so8cgo.jpg
    cv8ku0zwo0k6.jpg

You do realize that was a hermit yoda right? What chane you think u had with a Vader at gear 12? My vader is relic 3 and hits like a truck, takes out most teams, and at relic 7 it can kill a full health malak with 1 shot, so no you just have him moded poorly and under geared, if anyone should get a rework that is mace windu

Seriously you are comparing vader with malak in this game? Haha, maybe he can hit malak 5* g6 if malak have a tons of debuffs, you must be joking if you attacking malak with vader, my Vader is relic 7 with lots of offense and critical damage, yes he can take some good characters if they have lot of debuffs but he sucks, in this game he is Vader Suxon not Darth Vader, even his ship is not good anymore, ashoka delete him before he starts engine on tie advanced. Empire characters and fleets need a lot of reworks. They have so mighty fleet in all movies, in swgoh empire fleet is worst,Vader is icon of SW, It's to sad to see how weak is he in this game, only reason for that is he is f2p character.

Haha you clearly don't do any theory crafting or even follow proper youtubers that do the theory crafting for you, here is darth vader killing GL Rey(without ultimate) https://youtu.be/MtyBRomSeSQ and here is Darth vader destroying relic 4 malak, get out of here with your weak vader and mod him correctly https://youtu.be/3zM9r--f4N0
    So no vader is a good character but a re rework would be great and a rework for empire is needed badly especially at ships.

The only reason Vader is doing any damage is because of Wat, take Wat out of there and wat are they going to do? Die? Plus, this is a relic Vader, not many people will or already have a relic 7 Vader. If the only way to make Vader good is to relic 7 him and put Wat on his team, then he isn’t a good character. There are lots of characters out there that you don’t need relic’d and Wat to make them usable in this game. Show me a video of Vader without Wat one shotting a full health relic 4 Malak. Show me a video of a relic 1 Vader, even g12 doing what he did in the video. I don’t think that would happen, would it? That shows why Vader is not a “good” character, he is just a C grade character.
  • We need a pre-suit Vader! The height of his power! I’ve always wanted a dark side Anakin, or Anakin Skywalker (Fallen), in the game... Would have a lot more value compared to the release of General Skywalker. General Skywalker could have just been the rework of Jedi Knight Anakin. They are about the same.
  • val3nt1n0 wrote: »
    We need a pre-suit Vader! The height of his power! I’ve always wanted a dark side Anakin, or Anakin Skywalker (Fallen), in the game... Would have a lot more value compared to the release of General Skywalker. General Skywalker could have just been the rework of Jedi Knight Anakin. They are about the same.
    Yeah that would be cool, but I think that may come when the start doing CW content next time around.
  • Losing with g12 Vader to a g8 Mace is probably one of those things that I'd try to keep secret, not make a forum thread about it.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    val3nt1n0 wrote: »
    We need a pre-suit Vader! The height of his power! I’ve always wanted a dark side Anakin, or Anakin Skywalker (Fallen), in the game... Would have a lot more value compared to the release of General Skywalker. General Skywalker could have just been the rework of Jedi Knight Anakin. They are about the same.

I reckon this will be the prequel GL toon, along with Kenobi.

Better relic up that Darth Sidious to 7! *gulp*

• Losing with g12 Vader to a g8 Mace is probably one of those things that I'd try to keep secret, not make a forum thread about it.

Probably, but with the ESB anniversary here, I thought why not?
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    All vader gets from wat is attacks ignoring defense

Are we pretending that "ignoring 100% of defense" isn't huge? Ignoring most or all of the target's defense is half the reason Sith Empire teams hit as hard as they do. Also the weapon tech gives 15% TM every enemy turn and Wat provides healing plus dots to beef up the saber toss, so that isn't "all he's getting."

val3nt1n0 wrote: »

I wouldn't count on this. Pre-suit Darth Vader has what, like 10 minutes of actual screen time? There's so little to go on for them to base a kit around that I just don't see it happening.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• OrganaBen wrote: »
    vcwa72so8cgo.jpg
    cv8ku0zwo0k6.jpg

Seriously you are comparing vader with malak in this game? Haha, maybe he can hit malak 5* g6 if malak have a tons of debuffs, you must be joking if you attacking malak with vader, my Vader is relic 7 with lots of offense and critical damage, yes he can take some good characters if they have lot of debuffs but he sucks, in this game he is Vader Suxon not Darth Vader, even his ship is not good anymore, ashoka delete him before he starts engine on tie advanced. Empire characters and fleets need a lot of reworks. They have so mighty fleet in all movies, in swgoh empire fleet is worst,Vader is icon of SW, It's to sad to see how weak is he in this game, only reason for that is he is f2p character.

Haha you clearly don't do any theory crafting or even follow proper youtubers that do the theory crafting for you, here is darth vader killing GL Rey(without ultimate) https://youtu.be/MtyBRomSeSQ and here is Darth vader destroying relic 4 malak, get out of here with your weak vader and mod him correctly https://youtu.be/3zM9r--f4N0
    So no vader is a good character but a re rework would be great and a rework for empire is needed badly especially at ships.

The only reason Vader is doing any damage is because of Wat, take Wat out of there and wat are they going to do? Die? Plus, this is a relic Vader, not many people will or already have a relic 7 Vader. If the only way to make Vader good is to relic 7 him and put Wat on his team, then he isn’t a good character. There are lots of characters out there that you don’t need relic’d and Wat to make them usable in this game. Show me a video of Vader without Wat one shotting a full health relic 4 Malak. Show me a video of a relic 1 Vader, even g12 doing what he did in the video. I don’t think that would happen, would it? That shows why Vader is not a “good” character, he is just a C grade character.

Take out darth revan and show me how hk is going to one shot jkr, take out bastila and show me a functional Drevan team, throw gear 12 d revan vs relic 4 drevan and see who wins, so what if it needs 1 character to make him do the damage he does? Why not at his relic 7, it's like saying a gear 12 character should easily beat relic 7 character, at that point what's the point of wasting gear to relic a character?
    I ran GG at gear 12 and it cant kill a relic 4 JKR team, so why should a gear 12 vader do the same.

All vader gets from wat is attacks ignoring defense and some extra turn meter, u call it C grade character, I call it a good character, if you don't know how to use him then don't blame the character, again what do I expect from the guy who throw vader in 3v1 against Hyoda. It's like saying look jkr is such a terrible character that it cant 3vs1 geos.
    Again vader had its moment in the meta but characters like mace windu never got a chance to be even good, so no. If there is anyone getting a rework it better be mace windu. Than empire can get it.

I get your point, he’s not a priority, but he isn’t as good as he should or could be. I would prefer seeing a Mace rework, but since it’s the anniversary of the ESB, why not make him part of the meta? Revan is good because of his leader etc. The only reason you called Vader good is because of one ability which he solely relies on debuffs for. What if you can’t get debuffs to land, what then? Vader won’t do anything because he can’t deal as much damage as possible. Someone like HK can already deal bonkers damage to a Jedi. I have a gear 10 HK I think. I don’t have DR but my HK can do upwards of 50k if I can land a crit. GG is still usable at g12. My original post is my g12 Vader not being able to beat some g9 Jedi, so how we’ve gotten so derailed from there is amusing. GG or DR or HK would have no problem with that team, but for some odd reason Darth Vader, one of the most powerful Sith ever can’t do what an asthmatic droid can is sad. If Vader can’t beat the team I showed, that’s disappointing. Take out Bastila Fallen form a DR team and it’s still useful. Most of the time when I’m playing in Arena, Bastila doesn’t scare me. Rex gives tenacity up so she can’t apply fear. Revan’s fear goes through the tenacity up. If some debuffs land I can easily just cleanse them with Shaak Ti. Wat gives him ignoring defence. You make it sound like that’s a minuscule improvement. Do you know how much armour Malak has? Take off that tech and Vader wouldn’t nearly one shot him (he might, but that depends on if there were a lot of debuffs, A LOT. With the tech on you just need a couple debuffs and boom: 200k). For you to say that “all Vader gets from Wat is ignoring defense” makes you sound like a clown to me, as if you don’t know much about stats, such as armour and resistance, two important factors to look out for when fighting tanky characters like Malak. And let’s not talk about Turn Meter. What does what give, like an extra 15% percent? That’s a lot. A whole lot. That can influence the entire tide of the battle. More turns = more debuffs = more damage, take off that turn meter = not as many debuffs = not as much damage. Do you see how influential Wat is?
    Of course I know how to use him, it’s why he was my first g12 way back when. I used him for an entire year in my arena until I got some other, better characters. And you’re saying Hyoda can somehow make two trash gear 9 characters beat my g12 Vader? You must be absurd to think such things. Geos? How can you compare Plo Koon and Mace Windu to a team of Geos? Do you understand how insane that is? That’s just stupid, there’s no other way of saying it.
    Vader is not a “good” character. A “good” character would be someone like Raid Han. A high damage dealing character (like Vader) but doesn’t need all of these synergies to make him good. You can put him on some random team and he adds something to it. Not to long ago some people had problems with DR vs GAS. They decided to put Han in and he was needed for that team to work against GAS. Take Han out of a rebel squad, what do they become. An “eh” team. Take Vader out of a Sith team. What happens then, not much changes, there’s so many more options. How often do you see people using Vader in the top 100 in Arena. From my experience there is next to no one. Because he’s not as useful as some other characters, some characters who some of the Star Wars fan base could have no idea about (like Bastila, not a commonly used name in Star Wars conversations) are better than one of the most iconic characters in all of TV and movies. That’s crazy to think about. I’m not necessarily saying that he needs a complete overhaul. I should probably rephrase my statement to get a Vader touch-up to make him more viable as an option for months to come.