Kit Reveal: Rebel Y-wing

13Next

Replies

• CUFCfan
    32 posts Member
    Has anyone had any decent rng with the drops for the ship? Finally the one ship I've wanted in the game since ships were first announced and I think 'oh yeah, I'm gonna go all out for this and spend all my crystals on refreshes and packs...'

And what do I get from 3 refreshes of fleet energy? 3 shards. CG, if it's one thing you're good at (and you're very good at this), it's disappointing the hell out of me everytime and any time I feel a bit optimistic about the game or get excited for it, you're right there to sweep the rug from under my feet.
  • I like the in-game promo for the y-wing destroying the houndstooth!
  • For the may event, are the drop rates the same for on hard and easy nodes?
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Cool celebration of the Empire by adding a nice tank to the opposite faction.
    At least add the tank to the Resistance that has litteraly 0 and is totally useless without it. And it is not like there is no resistance bomber even in the movies lol
    I really dont get the game design think here.
  • Its been out for close to 2 years now so forgive the thread-necro.
    As the only Marquee/Chase that I farmed the second it dropped in a Node to this day, this ship has been less than impressive & it took me till today to look up stats for what I already had a feel about.

The #1 "gimmick" of this ship was to land that debuff to cripple HT or another enemy tank/attacker that relies on protection regen.

And yet, the designer choose to give this ship the lowest Potency of any ship in the game.
    Actually, it is dead last in every single offensive category.
    But to me the Potency is the one that really hurts this ship.

Rebel Y-wing
    Damage/Crit = 6739 / 323
    Special / Crit = 1939 / 0
    Potency = 0.38

In the time since I opened it I have found it to be completely unreliable in landing that debuff.

The hits that don't seem to do much damage bother me less since its a "Tank".
    Not that its a "Great" tank, but its serviceable.

The Bottom of the Barrel potency figure on a ship who's entire purpose is landing a debuff is just an example of bad coding or an intentionally flawed design to grab $$ based on the "preview" above that doesn't pan out in actual practice.

For 18 months now every time I use my Rebs to clear some back row Fleet in TW or someone B-Fleet in GAC the debuff fails more often than not & its been a little annoyance that just always gets me.

Anyway, my rant is over, sorry for the threadcromancy but this seemed like the right place.

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    There's no right place for threadcromancy
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    This thread is Exhibit #23,401 in The State vs People That Will Complain About Anything

Complaining about people complaining is still complaining. The difference is the first complainers are on topic.

And others are necroing.
  • Does everyone that posted in the thread get notification that someone posted in it?
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    This thread is Exhibit #23,401 in The State vs People That Will Complain About Anything

Complaining about people complaining is still complaining. The difference is the first complainers are on topic.

And others are necroing.

Ah yes, other people do it. That must make it okay.
  • Does everyone that posted in the thread get notification that someone posted in it?

you can turn that off
    hello
  • EA_Mako
    2099 posts EA Community Manager
    Locking this for necroposting, thanks folks.
This discussion has been closed.