KAM Mission: Jango kills rex and triggers 5s sacrifice but no revives

So I understand that as part of Jango's kit, toons killed on his turn don't revive. However, it still triggers 5s' unique and he tries to sacrifice for the dead 501st, but since Jango doesn't allow revives, 5s dies for nothing. I'm not entire sure if the stat boost to the other 501st go through, but I think it didn't.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is this intended?

Replies

• If jango does 2 times damage and and will be enough to kil rex 2 times rex will die and fives will sacrifice.
    Fives sacrifice isn't a revive. It prevent a 501 clone to be defeated
  • Sanderzas wrote: »
    If jango does 2 times damage and and will be enough to kil rex 2 times rex will die and fives will sacrifice.

it was not the basic, it was the rocket attack. 5s was at full health, echo was the one that took the "hit random enemy" part of the rocket attack and got the debuffs.
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    Afaik if toon can't be revived for any reason then yes, Fives still sacrifices himself so we have two dead toons instead of one. But stat bonuses still should be applied to the rest.
  • Also I think five's sacrifice would still be given to all the other 501st clone troopers regardless
  • Hortus wrote: »
    Afaik if toon can't be revived for any reason then yes, Fives still sacrifices himself so we have two dead toons instead of one. But stat bonuses still should be applied to the rest.

if that's the case, does DN's annihilate also trigger 5s sacrifice?
  • KirKanos82 wrote: »
    Sanderzas wrote: »
    If jango does 2 times damage and and will be enough to kil rex 2 times rex will die and fives will sacrifice.

it was not the basic, it was the rocket attack. 5s was at full health, echo was the one that took the "hit random enemy" part of the rocket attack and got the debuffs.

I don't quite follow,
    What exactly happened here?
    Moves and deaths and such.

• I don't quite follow,

rex was at red, the rest are at full health. Jango used his rocket attack which hits the primary target and also hits a random other person. Rex was the target and got killed, triggering 5s sacrifice. Echo was the random other person that also got hit by the rocket attack. Both rex and 5s died, leaving only echo, ARC and shaak alive.
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    KirKanos82 wrote: »

I don't quite follow,

rex was at red, the rest are at full health. Jango used his rocket attack which hits the primary target and also hits a random other person. Rex was the target and got killed, triggering 5s sacrifice. Echo was the random other person that also got hit by the rocket attack. Both rex and 5s died, leaving only echo, ARC and shaak alive.

If Rex was that hurt already, he probably took enough damage from the rocket attack to kill him twice. So he stays dead.
    Hortus wrote: »

Yes
  • thedrjojo wrote: »

Yes

No...
    Sanderzas wrote: »

The rocket attack is a double attack though. If there's only one enemy, that enemy will receive two hits, while I'd there are more than one enemy, there is a chance for the hits to be divided on the target and another random enemy, but the original target can still get both hits. Isn't that skill named shrapnel blast anyway? So makes sense.
    Jango used his rocket attack which hits the primary target and also hits a random other person. Rex was the target and got killed, triggering 5s sacrifice. Echo was the random other person that also got hit by the rocket attack. Both rex and 5s died, leaving only echo, ARC and shaak alive.

If echo was debuffed by the attack I think that would indicate he was, in fact, the target. If so then the 1st instance of damage could have reduced echo to 1% health triggering 5's sacrifice immediately. The second instance of damage to a random target went on Rex and killed him (post 5's sacrifice).

This may give you something to improve on. If 5s and Rex were modded appropriately well for health, Rex might have been able to survive 1 rocket blast straight after 5s healed him. Also make sure 5s isn't sacrificing with more than 2 stacks of trample on him otherwise he'll take protection away from your ally clones when he sacrifices.

5s sacrifice does not trigger on abilities that instantly defeat (annihilate) as in this case the health of the target is not changed and the condition for 5's sacrifice is that the health of an ally clone must fall below 1% which doesn't happen with annihilate.

Note that 5's sacrifice is not a revive. The ability prevents health from falling below a flat value of 1 (i.e. it prevents ally from being defeated so no revive is needed) while 5's is active. Then, it triggers a sacrifice and stat buff if health of an ally falls below 1%.
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member

Sorry, it seems I wasn't right while the poster above described situation correctly. According to Tactical Awareness description on swgoh.gg, while 5s is alive the protected target just cannot be killed by damage (i.e. effects which reduce health), and when 5s sacrifice triggered they actually didn't die at all. This "revive" is just healing instead (unlike NS by Zombie, for example). So revive prevention shouldn't be a factor here (but healing immunity can be).

P.S. Using same words for very different conditions in ability descriptions isn't very good practice. :/