40th Anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes

Replies

• LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    So why wouldn’t he be able to use lightning as Vader? It would come out his hand not his suit.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    I’m disgusted.

Vader would have whooped his younger self. Without crying.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Someone wake me when the game has a version of Vader with force lightning.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    “As seen in the 2017 comic series Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith, soon after his rebirth, Vader traveled to an isolated moon to hunt down Kirak Infil’a, a Jedi master who survived Order 66, for his weapon, as the Sith believe lightsabers should be taken rather than bestowed or created. He’s almost defeated by the powerful Jedi though, only triumphing by exploiting the Light Side warrior’s compassion for innocent life.
    What occurs during bleeding is seen in the current ongoing series Darth Vader, with the Sith Lord commanded by Sidious to travel to Mustafar to perform the process, it being a focal point for Dark Side forces. While summoning the abyssal deaths of his negative emotions, he also calls powerful lightning as he’s haunted by memories of everything he’s lost and destroyed to reach this point.
    The nigh-apocalyptic fury with which the elemental power is unleashed almost destroys the entire planet and himself along with it. Despite nearly being driven insane by the visions he receives, the process is successful, but evidently leaves Vader with an aversion to ever again use the electrical might that his cohorts are more than willing to cast on a whim.“

https://wegotthiscovered.com/comicbooks/star-wars-explains-darth-vader-force-lightning/

Seems he uses lightning so well he almost blew up a planet. Lol
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • ndwilson
    89 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    More powerful than Traya????

Will you drop it already, that was almost a year ago now

Did the actions he referenced take place? Should we forget all history then?
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    “As seen in the 2017 comic series Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith, soon after his rebirth, Vader traveled to an isolated moon to hunt down Kirak Infil’a, a Jedi master who survived Order 66, for his weapon, as the Sith believe lightsabers should be taken rather than bestowed or created. He’s almost defeated by the powerful Jedi though, only triumphing by exploiting the Light Side warrior’s compassion for innocent life.
    What occurs during bleeding is seen in the current ongoing series Darth Vader, with the Sith Lord commanded by Sidious to travel to Mustafar to perform the process, it being a focal point for Dark Side forces. While summoning the abyssal deaths of his negative emotions, he also calls powerful lightning as he’s haunted by memories of everything he’s lost and destroyed to reach this point.
    The nigh-apocalyptic fury with which the elemental power is unleashed almost destroys the entire planet and himself along with it. Despite nearly being driven insane by the visions he receives, the process is successful, but evidently leaves Vader with an aversion to ever again use the electrical might that his cohorts are more than willing to cast on a whim.“

https://wegotthiscovered.com/comicbooks/star-wars-explains-darth-vader-force-lightning/

Seems he uses lightning so well he almost blew up a planet. Lol

Yeah i have those comics, great series.

Too bad CG isn't interested in making this game more balanced, after all they can't sell overpriced new Power Creeps from older characters. :s
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    They’ll probably keep it for the GL Vader to go with GL Luke, so a rework for him is very slim.
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    Also don’t expect a rework on Vader either.

It does annoy me a bit that both Anakins are better than Vader.

But that makes sense. Anakin is more powerful than Vader. But I definitely think we need a better Vader, it makes no sense that someone like BB8 is more useful than him.

How dare you disrespect lord vader, have you not seen him 1 shot a relic 7 full health malak? Don't you dare bad mouth our lord again

Very sorry. Forgot how powerful the lord can be.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Today is the day. Anyone heard anything?
  • Today is the day. Anyone heard anything?
    Nope. Disappointed as of right now. Not even a cool pfp.
  • TayloRen
    121 posts Member
    Today is the day. Anyone heard anything?

I think the new ship is the celebration.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    TayloRen wrote: »

I'll get the party started then. 🎆🎈
  • Olderaan
    179 posts Member
    If the ship that showed up for 3 seconds in the movie is so good as Ahnald shows, we can only hope that the other anniversary stuff will really hit.
    If there will be more stuff at all...
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    We got a PL picture and a ship. Whoop de doo
  • I guess CG Struck Back. Haha.
  • TayloRen wrote: »

Not just a ship, a crewless ship
  • D_ToX wrote: »
    So much for celebrating the 40th, it’s pretty embarrassing really.

Ready are you? What know you of ready? Hmmph.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    So why wouldn’t he be able to use lightning as Vader? It would come out his hand not his suit.

So if it come out of his hand and not his suit does he end up shocking himself? Or does he have to take his gloves off every time?
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    D_ToX wrote: »
    So much for celebrating the 40th, it’s pretty embarrassing really.

Might not be exciting but sometimes a little celebration is better. For example, when my uncle turned 40 he got really drunk and threw up in my parents pool. Too much celebration!
  • I haven’t got anything. Is it just the Y Wing?
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »

So if it come out of his hand and not his suit does he end up shocking himself? Or does he have to take his gloves off every time?

Interesting. Have we seen anyone shoot lightning with something covering their hands?

• LordDirt wrote: »

Interesting. Have we seen anyone shoot lightning with something covering their hands?

I think his suit is perfectly insulated and he’s just constantly shooting lightning out of his hands. It’s part of why he’s so ornery.

Darth Revan, Darth Nihilus, Darth Malgus, etc all wear gloves and can use Force Lightning. Issue with Vader is that his suit makes him vulnerable to lightning, plus with him being mostly machine when he's in the suit its kind of an inhibitor
  • I can't wait now for the ROTJ anniversary event where they release Jeff - the bloke who 's head partially appeared for 0.2 seconds in a panning shot of Jabba's throne room.

I think his suit is perfectly insulated and he’s just constantly shooting lightning out of his hands. It’s part of why he’s so ornery.
    There are many sources which state that Vader was not able to shoot lightning because he is half robot. His robotic arms can’t conjure up lightning, he was too weak to do it.
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    D_ToX wrote: »
    They shouldn’t bother doing anything for the film anniversary’s as it is clearly too hard for them to complete anything to a schedule (excluding packs).

This
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

There are many sources which state that Vader was not able to shoot lightning because he is half robot. His robotic arms can’t conjure up lightning, he was too weak to do it.

but what if his robot arms were redesigned to do just that sort of thing? But then we run back into the problem of would they shoot out of gloves. Quite the interesting discussion.

I rank it up it there with how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.