Advice For a New Player

Replies

• looks like you have to be level 75 to to do the ground war, not even close to that yet. I'm only at level 52, but I will be at 75 one day. :smile:
  • Are there prerequisites for omega battles?
  • Are there prerequisites for omega battles?

Don't quite remember but there are required characters and for it. Tier 1 starts at lvl 30 I belive. You should be able to see them in upcoming events in game.
  • Desertfox1024
    207 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    For the last tier which rewards omegas you have to be at least level 70 though it's very easy. You need characters from specific factions as well. No worries, you're going to reach 70 in three weeks
  • Skies439
    60 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    @Desertfox1024 not really 9 im sure it's more. ideally Anakin, ahsoka, yoda and 3 geos as the main one. but before I reached fleet and start farming sun fac, and geo spy. I need a inbetween toons. so i started with phoenix but only kanan and zeb goes to 7* as I almost finish galactic wars and squad arena top 500. so getting them to 7* wasn't big deal.
    bastilla works as a jedi leader before I get padme cos she gives heavy protection for jedi. i dont really farm mace. but i thought the fast way to get 5* yoda is using. ahsoka, ezra, kanan, mace, consular. mace is easy cos i use squad arena currency after 7* kanan. jedi consular cos he got ship as well. I use luminara in my old account.
    for 7* yoda i'm gonna use ahsoka, bastilla, ezra, mace, kanan rather than farming for consular. I farmed KRU as well so I can float in fleet arena (haven't used geo spy cos KRU ship still better).

in the end KRU will fall on the priority line and also bastilla.
    before you meet both revans and padmes team or grievous. Yoda is still the best offensive in the squad arena. once you get there, then it's different story

I'm F2P btw

how do you differentiate hyperdrives and not hyperdrives in fleet arena?
  • Hey Skies that's awesome! Not really a lot of F2P nowadays. Funny, back then I used Bastila just for the starting bonus TM lol. Pretty much all the teams I use has heavy emphasize on control. But you're right the protection's deadly as well. Allows you to run tankless. About the fleet arena, it's only distinguishable in the fist month. the ships hyperdrives and non hyperdrives use are just so entirely different. Like almost no non hyperdrive has slave one or the other BH ships first month into fleet. And look at the level 85 portrait frame. It's coloured.
  • Update: I have Ezra at 5 stars and will have the rest of Phoenix there, if I'm lucky, by the end of the month. I'm planning to go for Yoda after thrawn and palpatine, so what Jedi should I go after?
  • As @Skies439 said, Bastila definitely for the lead, Ezra, Kanan, and two out of the following four: Mace, Anakin, Ahsoka or Jolee.
    Anakin and Ahsoka are a great duo both in ships and squad arena.
    Mace has the GR capital ship.
    Jolee is required for Jedi Revan
  • I am really low on ships and they all kind of suck... They are basically just the ones you get from the fleet commander events, so how would I get some ships by the time I unlock ships? I am thinking about having Bastila, Ezra, Kanan, old ben and jolee for yoda.
  • I am really low on ships and they all kind of suck... They are basically just the ones you get from the fleet commander events, so how would I get some ships by the time I unlock ships? I am thinking about having Bastila, Ezra, Kanan, old ben and jolee for yoda.

Go after kru, and his ship. They're on the same node in cantina battles. It's the easiest ship to get both the pilot and ship to 7 stars. It's a good early ship. And he's a pretty decent dark side tank for regular battles
  • For ships here are some of the best beginner ships listed. Your goal should be to get at least 4 of them and gear them up before level 70.
    1. Geo Trio ( Sun Fac only farmable after 60)
    2. Ahsoka+Anakin+(Mace optional)
    3. Phoenix Duo
    4. Ahsoka
    5. KRU
    5. Biggs
    My recommendation is to go for Phoenix duo+ Biggs, Ackbar lead and Ahsoka+Anakin or KRU reinforce. And when you get Vader's ship add him in as well.
    Don't farm Old Ben unless you're going after CLS, there are way better toons you can farm in cantina
  • Saxguru
    69 posts Member
    In one of my accounts I started off exactly the same as you did. Here is what I recommend:
    The main problem with the last few suggestions is that it leaves you all over the place. If you farm Bastila, Ezra, Kanan, Ahsoka and Anakin, the only legendary you can get is Yoda. For Thrawn and Palpatine, you only have two of the required characters; and for Revan, you only have one. I'm not saying that Yoda isn't good. He's amazing. But you'll soon be outmatched in mid game (lv.70+) using only Bastila lead Jedi.
    Hence your priority should be to get all four of them (Revan, Palp, Thrawn, and Yoda) as soon as possible.
    Let me list out the requirements:
    Revan: Bastila, Jolee, T3-M4, Mission Vao, Zaalbar
    Thrawn: Hera, Ezra, Kanan, Zeb, Chopper
    Palpatine: Any five Rebels (note that all Phoenix are rebels)
    Yoda: Any five Jedi (note that Revan, Bastila, Jolee, Ezra, and Kanan are all Jedi)
    So by just farming for the first two, you'll already be able to get Yoda and Palpatine.
    All you need are 10 toons for 4 legendaries.

Early game: Concentrate on Phoenix because this gets you Thrawn and Palp. You'll need both.
    Cantina: Ezra and Hera.
    Cantina Store: Chopper.
    Galactic War store: Zeb.
    Squad Arena store: Kanan.
    Hard node farm: Sabine unlocked for her ship (I see you have already done that, great job), and Bastila

You should be able to get Thrawn and Palpatine to seven stars by level 80. Here is the link for a guide Dretzle wrote for the Thrawn event (look at the comments as well, I added some important tips): https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/116512/phoenix-strategy-your-ticket-to-thrawn-part-1-survive

Mid game (lv.70+):
    For mods, remember to look at the online guides. It's easily the most important.
    For ships, aim for the following: Ackbar lead; Ghost, Vader, Biggs starting; Phantom, Ahsoka and Ebon Hawk reinforce. When you get Chimera; replace Ackbar with it; when you get Hound's Tooth, put him on starting and let Biggs reinforce.
    After you finish the early game farms (7 star), go for these:
    Cantina: Mission, T3-M4. Carth when you finish them.
    Cantina Store: Ahsoka
    Galactic War store: Biggs and his ship
    Squad Arena Store: Ackbar
    Hard Node farm (including ship battles): Jolee, Zaalbar. Ebon Hawk when you finish them.

When you get to level 85, the Revan and Chimera events should be open. Now you can finally get Revan, Yoda, and the Chimera all at once! 4 legendaries, plus the Chimera, all in no more than 4 months.

Saving this
  • Saxguru
    69 posts Member
    Skies439 wrote: »
    Start on phoenix. Dont need to max them. Use ezra, kanan, ahsoka, mace, consular to get 5* yoda. Then farm bastilla, anakin, and 3 geonosians to survive on ships. For 6* yoda use bastilla, ezra, kanan, ahsoka and mace.

What you need pretty much bastilla lead team with yoda, ahsoka, anakin, ezra to get geonosian brood alpha. Then geos team to get padme

x30pnvsbwbda.jpg

080l8vcazffy.jpg

Top is my 2nd account. Bottom is my first account. Anakin, ahsoka can be farm early in the game. Same with geo soldier and geo spy.

How much should one bump up consular? Should I farm mace or what for him to drop from a mission? I heard mace was kind of weak.
  • Regarding Consular, if I were you I won't touch him. Getting him to five stars can get you Yoda two weeks earlier, but you'll be wasting a week's worth of gear and shards on him.
    For Mace, he's easily the top five worst toons in the game. However, his capital ship is quite good if you use it with the republic fleet. So go for him in squad arena if you're going the republic route. Otherwise just farm Ackbar.
  • I just got mace to five stars basically for free - from the fleet commander event and from the bronzium pack. i am planning to use Ezra, kanan, mace, Bastila and ahsoka for yoda. I know mace is pretty bad so would it be more worth it to farm another character? If not mace I'm planning either old ben, anakin, or jolee when i unlock stage 6. Old ben is probably the easiest to farm. But I want to use jolee since he is needed for Revan as well. What do you suggest?
  • I don't think I will use Mace. Who is best for the fifth character for Yoda?
  • is ahsoka + anakin better or old ben + jolee. I'll have bastila, ezra, kanan plus one of those pairs.
  • Desertfox1024
    207 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    I don't think I will use Mace. Who is best for the fifth character for Yoda?

Revan himself, if you don't mind waiting for 4 months. It saves valuable time farming 330 shards of some other toon. You need to farm Jolee for Revan. So that means Bastila (L), Ezra, Kanan, Palpatine (or Jolee), Thrawn for arena(I tested this myself, mods and control are key for this team, they're as good as the ones with Yoda) before you get Yoda and Revan; and swap out Palpatine, Kanan and Thrawn after you get them.

Revan himself, if you don't mind waiting for 4 months. It saves valuable time farming 330 shards of some other toon. You need to farm Jolee for Revan. So that means Bastila (L), Ezra, Kanan, Palpatine (or Jolee), Thrawn for arena(I tested this myself, mods and control are key for this team, they're as good as the ones with Yoda) before you get Yoda and Revan; and swap out Palpatine, Kanan and Thrawn after you get them.
    thanks, you've helped me a lot! It's going to take a while, but this team would be great. I have ezra nd zeb at 5 stars, kanan 20 shards away from 5, hera at 4 and chopper basically at 4. (I am waiting for the cantina store to refresh) should I keep going to 7 stars, or switch to farm the characters I need for Revan and Yoda?

• Also, someone earlier said I want a high gear 8 if not gear 9 on Phoenix at tier 5. Is this true? I was able to complete tier 4 with only ezra at gear 7 and the rest with gear 6 +3
  • Hi I was wondering when something new might be coming in your game? Something new to play. Other games I have been playing while I wait for something new in your game have a lot more things to do and stuff in my inbox about things coming up. Are you working on something? I would like to be excited or interested. I don’t really understand your secrecy or silence. We had some Mando stuff and now nothing and no word. The gaps are getting annoying. Any way can you please answer the questions without any mystery just be straight with us. We shouldn’t have to ask or get bored while waiting. Thank you.

thanks, you've helped me a lot! It's going to take a while, but this team would be great. I have ezra nd zeb at 5 stars, kanan 20 shards away from 5, hera at 4 and chopper basically at 4. (I am waiting for the cantina store to refresh) should I keep going to 7 stars, or switch to farm the characters I need for Revan and Yoda?

There's one common mistakes beginners make, which is that when you're really going to use a toon especially a legendary you should focus on him and get him to seven star. Don't go unlock everyone. Focus is important. When you farm a legendary, always aim at a five star unlock first, then seven star. So my suggestion is to focus on Phoenix before you seven star Thrawn and Palp. However, most of the Revan farms are hard node, while Phoenix farms are Cantina, Squad Arena, and Galactic war.So you can start some of the revan farms right away as well.
  • Also, someone earlier said I want a high gear 8 if not gear 9 on Phoenix at tier 5. Is this true? I was able to complete tier 4 with only ezra at gear 7 and the rest with gear 6 +3

They're talking about tier 7, compared to which all other tiers are child's play. That's needed to get Thrawn to 7 stars. It's so difficult that if your team is undergeared it is not uncommon to have to try 3 hours for the RNG.
  • Hi I was wondering when something new might be coming in your game? Something new to play. Other games I have been playing while I wait for something new in your game have a lot more things to do and stuff in my inbox about things coming up. Are you working on something? I would like to be excited or interested. I don’t really understand your secrecy or silence. We had some Mando stuff and now nothing and no word. The gaps are getting annoying. Any way can you please answer the questions without any mystery just be straight with us. We shouldn’t have to ask or get bored while waiting. Thank you.

Um the new players section might not be where you want to post this...
  • Im a lvl 82 f2p, been grinding first order foe while now have max stars KRU,KR,FOE,FOO n 6 stars sith trooper but no legendaries feeling lost,help!!
  • Share first order mods too pls
  • Dougjudy wrote: »
    Im a lvl 82 f2p, been grinding first order foe while now have max stars KRU,KR,FOE,FOO n 6 stars sith trooper but no legendaries feeling lost,help!!

It's normal and it's okay, since the really good things First Order unlock is after level 85. Hang on I'll share you a screenshot of one of my March 2020 accounts. It's also first order
  • Thanks @Desertfox1024 for all of the advice! I will probably get thrawn and palpatine by the end of this month. Then, like you said, I will farm Phoenix and the toons needed for Revan. Thanks! I think I am set!
  • I just unlocked ships at level 60, and it looks like Ahsoka's ship is a really easy farm through fleet arena tokens. But, I just can't get through the Fleet battles. How do I progress through ships?
  • Hmm. Do you mind sending out your ally code or swgoh.gg link so that we can take a look at your current roster?