Y-Wing droprate

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Chase event has always been advertised as 4% chance per energy.

Unfortunately, this is not true.
    Refunds and compensation are in order.

That would be nice.
    CG is a company that has to abide by laws and contractual agreements.

Unfortunately, again, not true, at least when it pertains to the player base and event drop rates.
    This even breaks agreements with Apple and Google.

No it doesn't.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

That would be nice.

Unfortunately, again, not true, at least when it pertains to the player base and event drop rates.

No it doesn't.

Wow, that was like reading the last Q&A. No no no and no! Thank you sir/ma'am, may I have another?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Monel wrote: »

That would be nice.

No it doesn't.

Wow, that was like reading the last Q&A. No no no and no! Thank you sir/ma'am, may I have another?

I dont think they said "that would be nice" in the last QA.

Sorry, its just the truth.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »

That would be nice.

No it doesn't.

I dont think they said "that would be nice" in the last QA.

Sorry, its just the truth.

Agreed. No need to be sorry, you are feeling picked on where I was just laughing my fase off at how that all read in my head.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    @Ultra
    Everything is implicitly subject to change

Of course. But I think you're missing the point. The point is that expectations were set ... and then there was no communication. People aren't defending the idea that CG can't change the nature of the event or the drop rate during the event. People are defending the idea that it was reasonable for them to expect things to continue as they had been in the absence of communication.

If there had been communication, fine.

If there had never been an event like this before, fine.

But this falls into neither of those categories. The change should have been announced. It's not a bad change (though it doesn't work out quite as well as before). It's just another occasion on which CG fell down on the communication job.

Well they communicated, so no longer a reason to be an upset?

Yes, I agree it would've been nice to have known ahead of time but I think this was an honest oversight. I didn't think it was necessary to mention drop rates were changed until the forum backlash yesterday when I found out the same time as everyone else, and I don't think CG predicted it was going to cause a controversy. At least I was very surprised at how much people were upset about not knowing that drop rates are now 2% because at the end of the day, CG isn't going to reverse the drop rates so why get mad about it? I'm not sure why its ok to be told its 2% rather than finding out its 2%

They did communicated within a day which is good. Its the standard response time
  • Mr_White wrote: »
    2% drop rate is sad but good to know, I appreciate the transparency. However, what's more concerning is the relative ease in which drop rates were adjusted. What guarantees do we have that drop rates on other nodes aren't adjusted at your convenience?
    Because look how long it took the community to figure out what had happened here.

Before the event even launched in CG’s own time zone, this thread existed with lots of data points, and the 2% rate had been theorised.

• iliv3
    1 posts Member
    I got on 2 days 62/80
  • iliv3 wrote: »
    I got on 2 days 62/80

How much energy did you use?
  • MasterRalf
    12 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/229678/galactic-chase-drop-rates

everything seems to be right so far. But tell the people that you also made sure that the ship now costs more than twice as many crystals through Refrehes as before ... You should treat the gamers more honestly.

Ebon Hawk 5 Stars cost me 2700 crystals
    Hyena Bomber 5 Stars cost me 3000 crystals
    Shuttle 5 Stars cost me 2900 crystals
    Rebel Y-Wing would cost me> 9250 crystals ....
    ... if I won't stop the game now.

EDIT:
    This post was edited by Kyno.
    This is a kind of censorship.
    We have known for a long time how opinions should be directed here.
    I have also received a warning. It says it all. The truth is to be covered up.

I hope the player base will soon see that you should just show CG your middle finger!
    I see you guys somewhere else. See you soon
    Post edited by MasterRalf on
  • Recurve
    97 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    @CG_SBCrumb

It is all good saying 'This cut the refresh rate and cost of refreshes for Ship energy in half and Galactic Chase drop rates on Fleet nodes were adjusted from 4% to 2% to account for these changes.'. But this shouldn't equate to an overall 50% drop for the droprates because this logic only applies to the base energy rate for the day + 2 refreshes.

This does not account for the bonus of 45 energy, which has not been doubled. This would have to be 90 energy to fit your logic. There is no account for this rate.
    Refreshes originally were 100 for the first 3 lots of 120, this is 360 energy and with your logic this would equal 720 energy for 300 crystals.
    Current energy refreshes to get 6 refreshes (remember due to your logic of it being halved) would be 3x 50 + 3x 100. 450 Crystals in total for the energy to be the same effective energy.

Surely you can see at this point that this does not equate to the rate and cost in half approach.

• Recurve wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

It is all good saying 'This cut the refresh rate and cost of refreshes for Ship energy in half and Galactic Chase drop rates on Fleet nodes were adjusted from 4% to 2% to account for these changes.'. But this shouldn't equate to an overall 50% drop for the droprates because this logic only applies to the base energy rate for the day + 2 refreshes.

This does not account for the bonus of 45 energy, which has not been doubled. This would have to be 90 energy to fit your logic. There is no account for this rate.
    Refreshes originally were 100 for the first 3 lots of 120, this is 360 energy and with your logic this would equal 720 energy for 300 crystals.
    Current energy refreshes to get 6 refreshes (remember due to your logic of it being halved) would be 3x 50 + 3x 100. 450 Crystals in total for the energy to be the same effective energy.

Surely you can see at this point that this does not equate to the rate and cost in half approach.

Exactly, You can`t just cut in half something that scales exponentially..
  • Recurve
    97 posts Member
    Yes the energy base rate is doubled, which is the only part that would warrant the drop rate change to 50% (Along with 2 refreshes at 50 crystals would be the equivalent to 1 at 100) but that is where the refresh rate cut in half logic applies.
    It doesn't even account for the single bonus energy of 45, so actually for the 'free energy rate' that you get from the game would have been 120+45 =160 this is now 240+45 = 285 so is short of the 'half the rate' of 320 as it should be to warrant this change.
  • I’ve had really good drop rates. I’m about 13/80 from just around 20 attempts. All stage 5 hard.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • TheBla
    24 posts Member
    f5if2jrmczht.jpg
    Total crap. 0 out of 17 battles.

Note- I usually do battles in small batches but was in a rush. This is still ridiculous though
  • Well 20 energy is definitely not dropping at 80%
  • While it is unarguably a bit more difficult/expensive to unlock this ship compared to previous Galactic Chases, per the aforementioned differences in energy refresh cost and daily free energy, you are still almost certain to end up with more shards than you would from a marquee event if you do the 50 crystal refreshes (plus you can farm needed G12+ pieces for Galactic Legends).

Given that a 4* ship is of marginal utility (can't use in TB, not going to make Rebels meta again in Fleet Arena, etc.) I think people need to chill out. Should CG have posted the change in drop rate prior to launch? Probably, but halving the rate in light of the doubled energy is not exactly a quantum leap in deductive reasoning.

Down the line you'll be closer to getting this ship to 7* than you would if it were a straight marquee, and that's where the real value is.
  • TheBla wrote: »
    f5if2jrmczht.jpg

Note- I usually do battles in small batches but was in a rush. This is still ridiculous though

Note- it makes no difference if you do that or not.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Well 20 energy is definitely not dropping at 80%

Did you read the update that stated a 2% drop rate per energy spent?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TheBla wrote: »
    f5if2jrmczht.jpg

by 3s is the best way to go. ;)

It shouldn't be, that would not yield the end result of 2% drop per energy.
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Down the line you'll be closer to getting this ship to 7* than you would if it were a straight marquee, and that's where the real value is.

unfortunately that is not true.

if you took the amount of crystals someone is going to use to get 4*, and applied that to say a marquee months later and bought the shards in the store, you will be in a much better place on the path of 7*.
  • Ggdjqjchsabjdj
    780 posts Member
    edited May 2020

Is that really true? I’ve been doing it wrong my whole life...
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Is that really true? I’ve been doing it wrong my whole life...

I may not have caught your joke, but to clear the air, no it does not help, Kyno is joking. There have been many many threads on this, and I think the community has come to an agreement that it changes nothing, but superstition is superstition, so you do you.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    f5if2jrmczht.jpg

if you took the amount of crystals someone is going to use to get 4*, and applied that to say a marquee months later and bought the shards in the store, you will be in a much better place on the path of 7*.

I was saying if you only do the 50 crystal refreshes, you'll probably end up with 60-70 shards by the end of the Chase. (285 daily energy + 360 energy from refreshes * 2% * 5 days = 64.5 - a few more if you banked ship energy prior to the event). This is 10-20 more shards than if you had a marquee which gives you a fixed 50 shards, plus you are getting all of the other shards or G12+ salvage that you are already farming.

As most premium ship shards are 100 crystals each (prorated) then 750 crystals (5 days at 150) for 10-20 shards (plus 20% drop rate on G12+ and 33% drop rate on character/ship shards) is a pretty good value. Is it as good a value as previous Galactic Chases? No, but it's still better than a straight marquee release.

If you go into the 100 crystal refreshes to unlock at 4*, it still isn't a terrible value, as 120 energy translates to 2.4 shards. As long as you space these over the 5 days, you can probably unlock the Y-Wing for only 1250 crystals. That's clearly a better value than getting a marquee ship at 3* and then buying 50 shards in shipments for 5000 crystals.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    f5if2jrmczht.jpg

I was saying if you only do the 50 crystal refreshes, you'll probably end up with 60-70 shards by the end of the Chase. (285 daily energy + 360 energy from refreshes * 2% * 5 days = 64.5 - a few more if you banked ship energy prior to the event). This is 10-20 more shards than if you had a marquee which gives you a fixed 50 shards, plus you are getting all of the other shards or G12+ salvage that you are already farming.

As most premium ship shards are 100 crystals each (prorated) then 750 crystals (5 days at 150) for 10-20 shards (plus 20% drop rate on G12+ and 33% drop rate on character/ship shards) is a pretty good value. Is it as good a value as previous Galactic Chases? No, but it's still better than a straight marquee release.

If you go into the 100 crystal refreshes to unlock at 4*, it still isn't a terrible value, as 120 energy translates to 2.4 shards. As long as you space these over the 5 days, you can probably unlock the Y-Wing for only 1250 crystals. That's clearly a better value than getting a marquee ship at 3* and then buying 50 shards in shipments for 5000 crystals.

sorry, i missed that part. I see what you mean and the math i was using for reference was to get to 5* not 4.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    f5if2jrmczht.jpg

Personally, I found doing it in batches of PI has the best results.

There is just something magic about PI.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Fanatic wrote: »
    f5if2jrmczht.jpg

Personally, I found doing it in batches of PI has the best results.

There is just something magic about PI.

I really prefer to follow a Fibonacci sequence.