Scoundrel Tag for Res Hero Poe

Slaveen
481 posts Member
edited May 2020
Given that we learned Poe was a spice runner in TROS, it seems like it would make sense to give Resistance Hero Poe the Scoundrel tag. This will also facilitate more in game theory crafting.

Raid Han and OG Chewy have scoundrel tags despite the fact that their models are presumably after they had joined the Rebel Alliance. The same treatment should be given to Poe.

Replies

• Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    Used to be a spice runner, so original Poe is closer to the correct time, or in fact a new one from before he was the original Poe.

Or in fact, no Poe, he’s meaningless in the scheme of things. Many other toons before you have smuggler Poe..
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    I didn’t ask for a “Smuggler Poe,” I asked for a Scoundrel tag on Res Hero Poe.

I’m convinced there are people on these forums who define their senses of self-worth by trying to one up other people on the forums.

Lot of Mr. NO U and Mr. JUST CUZ’es.

^case in point
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Then Finn get FO tag because he was a FO stormtrooper?
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »

I’m convinced there are people on these forums who define their senses of self-worth by trying to one up other people on the forums.

^case in point
    No, I just pointed out he used to be a spice runner, in an unspecified time before he appeared in the first film he was in.. therefore making the current one, definitely not the one to get the tag. You asked for a scoundrel tag, on the better version of Poe, I pointed out its not from the correct point in time, presumably you want the tag on res hero Poe as he’s better than og Poe.

As I also didn’t address your raid Han and chewy justification, I’m pretty sure that when they first appear on screen, they are working as scoundrel/smugglers, could be wrong but I’m pretty sure that was there entire point at the start - to smuggle old Ben, farmboy and the droids of the planet.

But I’ll take that as a one up if you want to, I’m happy either way.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Then Finn get FO tag because he was a FO stormtrooper?

Then explain why Raid Han and OG Chewy have the Soundrel tag when it’s their character models from when after they joined the Rebel Alliance.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited May 2020

^case in point

I'm convinced people on the forum ask silly questions and get rational answers and then attack people bc they can't handle being wrong bc they make no sense. cases in point everywhere
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    You know what, you’re right. I don’t see how anyone in their right minds could POSSIBLY even fathom Res Hero Poe having a Scoundrel tag - basically like asking for BB-8 to have a Sith tag, JKA to have a droid tag because of his robotic arm, and Padme to have a Separatist tag. Just doesn’t make any sense at all. None.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    You are aware there are two poes in the game aren’t you ? @op
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Yes - I don’t see how that has any relevance to the request.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    I understand the argument against giving him the tag, but I’m asking this for theory crafting purposes. Theory crafting is fun to me.

Jango Fett was given a Separatist tag while Boba Fett doesn’t have an Empire tag. They were both bounty hunters just assisting the highest bidder, yet one has the tag of their employer and the other doesn’t.

Apparently some people are very emotional about insisting Res Hero Poe NOT have a scoundrel tag. I don’t want to cause them any more emotional duress so I’m willing to leave it alone. Just thought this would add an additional element of fun to the game. I am honestly sorry for asking.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    You win. You seem like such a cool guy, O’Doyle.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    So the CG leak was about BB8 getting a Sith tag.
    Post edited by TVF on
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Sebek wrote: »
    You win. You seem like such a cool guy, O’Doyle.
    So You didn't answer why Dooku doesn't have A Jedi Tag

Different. Same reason Darth Vader doesn’t have a Jedi tag. Before you say, “Poe was no longer a smuggler,” ask yourself why Lando Calrissian has a scoundrel tag when he was a city administrator at the time of Empire Strikes Back and no longer a smuggler. Or why Clone Wars Chewbacca has a scoundrel tag even though he was seemingly in the Kashyyyk militia at the time.

Jedi/Sith is like a religion. Luke himself calls it the “Jedi Religion” in the Sequel Trilogy. A carpenter who becomes an accountant later in life would probably still call himself a carpenter if asked. A Muslim who becomes an Atheist would no longer call himself a Muslim. See the difference?

• Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    So the CG leak was about BB8 getting a Sith tag.

The CG leak?
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    He Still was a Scoundrel lol

He wasn’t getting paid to be a scoundrel anymore, so he shouldn’t have the tag according to an argument you used previously.

You’re just disagreeing to disagree at this point. Get a life.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    He Still was a Scoundrel lol

He wasn’t getting paid to be a scoundrel anymore, so he shouldn’t have the tag according to an argument you used previously.

He sold his friends out to the empire for profit.. kind of sounds scoundrelly to me ;)
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member

I think it’s actually called theorycrafting, I’m sure someone in this thread said they like doing that..
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Even he get scoundrel tag he's not going to be useful anyway...his kit and power is designed to work with "inspire" buff, not scoundrel tag.

Just like nute gunray, he's a scoundrel for sure, but he has nothing to do with scoundrels.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Even he get scoundrel tag he's not going to be useful anyway...his kit and power is designed to work with "inspire" buff, not scoundrel tag.

Just like nute gunray, he's a scoundrel for sure, but he has nothing to do with scoundrels.

Lot of people are running L3 in their GL Rey squads. Giving RH Poe a Scoundrel tag will allow L3 to heal him and cleanse him and will give her turn meter when he takes damage. So it’s not pointless.

• Slaveen wrote: »

Lot of people are running L3 in their GL Rey squads. Giving RH Poe a Scoundrel tag will allow L3 to heal him and cleanse him and will give her turn meter when he takes damage. So it’s not pointless.

So run the same team?
    That isn't theorycrafting,
    It's wanting a buff.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Disagreement /= Toxicity
  • Why don’t we just give every iteration of Han rebel, resistance, and scoundrel tags and then give every iteration of Chewie the same tags plus GR. You know, since chronology doesn’t matter and theory crafting is fun.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Why don’t we just give every iteration of Han rebel, resistance, and scoundrel tags and then give every iteration of Chewie the same tags plus GR. You know, since chronology doesn’t matter and theory crafting is fun.

Literally exactly what I’m talking about. Instead of explaining why you disagree, you use grandiose sarcasm to try to make me and my suggestion out to be **** in a demeaning manner.

To your point- why do Lando and Clone Wars Chewy have Scoundrel tags, then?
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Disagreement /= Toxicity

You can disagree in a toxic manner. Not saying you specifically did, but others have.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Disagree
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member

Then you just want a buff without raising another char.

As a scoundrel player i welcome every new scoundrels to come, but according to devs the game's char is captured from a period of time (and some for balance reason), if we going to have a poe with scoundrel tag, its probably called "young poe" or something like that. He's a resistance hero now, he's not smuggling anymore.

Same things goes to assaj, just search the forum.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    edited May 2020

Then you just want a buff without raising another char.

As a scoundrel player i welcome every new scoundrels to come, but according to devs the game's char is captured from a period of time (and some for balance reason), if we going to have a poe with scoundrel tag, its probably called "young poe" or something like that. He's a resistance hero now, he's not smuggling anymore.

Same things goes to assaj, just search the forum.

Again, why does administrator Lando and Clone Wars Chewy have “scoundrel” tags, then? Or Enfys Nest? Enfys is fighting for a good cause trying to prevent gangs like Crimson Dawn from gaining resources to increase their operations. She isn’t just doing dirty work for the highest bidder.

Earlier, I asked why Jango has a Separatist tag while Boba doesn’t have an Empire tag - they were both just fighting for whoever paid them the most. Someone replied that Jango was paid by the Separatists. Boba was paid by the Empire so why doesn’t he get an Empire tag?

Episode 8 is literally named, “The Last Jedi,” referencing Rey since Luke himself said, “I will not be the last Jedi.” In TROS, Rey says she’s “all the Jedi.” I realize this is symbolic but still - she is most definitely as much a Jedi in TROS as Luke was in ROTJ. So why doesn’t she have a Jedi tag?

My point is that CG has played fast and loose with some of the tags on some characters. Some toons have tags that only sort of make sense (like Jango’s Separatist tag or Lando’s Scoundrel tag) but when you apply the logic that justified their tag to other toons, it doesn’t make sense why they don’t have certain tags (like the Boba - Empire example... or Res Hero Poe as a scoundrel).

Again, I argue that being a smuggler in his previous life is like having a previous profession. It makes sense for Lando, as a FORMER smuggler turned city administrator, to have a scoundrel tag. Similarly, it wouldn’t be far fetched for Res Hero Poe to have a Scoundrel tag.

Unlike many of you, I understand the opposing argument - in this case, for why you think RH Poe shouldn’t have a Scoundrel tag. Also unlike you, I’m not going to just lambast your opinion and you as idi.ot.ic (had to put periods in there or it would be starred out) and stupid simply because I have a difference of opinion.
This discussion has been closed.