GAC 3v3 against GL rey? Instant loss....

124Next

Replies

• Mire
    6 posts Member
    i got this GA round starting 19th May: 2 rey legend and 2 kylo legend owners, everyone else got also general anakin. for previous GA round 12th May: everyone got general anakin, no legends. i have no GL and still waitng for GAS event. since 12th of May no major upgrades as i was collecting gear for GAS. got 2 wins out of 3.

i guess the algorithm does reconize GL only as additional GP or relic levels, giving great bonus for the owners.

i would like to see any of CG team writing how to win round against GL without any GL and GAS. as algoritm matched me up against those players.

so to summarize:
    - i am ready for GAS event, got almost all resources to get him to max level also got max his team.
    -any purchase in the store for me were around 20 percent more costly ( not using USD as currency ),
    -no GAS event, so GL owners got less resistance. also i believe this is because of GAS taking Kylo legend so easily.
    -giving GL owners wins against test dummies like myself and additional rewards. no-GL owners are loosing their rewards.

i am done with that game. that is because someone in CG decided to favorize GL toons in all possible way.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    You use a different currency to the USD so you shouldnt have to fight GL people in GAC...?
    That's a new one.
  • Mire
    6 posts Member
    writing this in case the money spend is a factor in GA matchmaking
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    It is not.
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Allowing a single GL owner into a group of players without it is just not fair. There are counters but they rely on specific toons being at a certain level.

Out of 8 in my GAC this round there is one GL who can now put nothing but lvl 1 toons on their back row because none of us will get through the GL.

That isn't fair matchmaking that is paying to win in its truest form. I wouldn't mind if there was 4 non GL owners and 4 GL owners that way it would not be a monopoly for one player.

Matchmaking has never been fair but this time it really is insane.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Lozsta wrote: »
    Allowing a single GL owner into a group of players without it is just not fair. There are counters but they rely on specific toons being at a certain level.

Out of 8 in my GAC this round there is one GL who can now put nothing but lvl 1 toons on their back row because none of us will get through the GL.

That isn't fair matchmaking that is paying to win in its truest form. I wouldn't mind if there was 4 non GL owners and 4 GL owners that way it would not be a monopoly for one player.

You could have a GL by now as a ftp if you planned for it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

As much as I hate to agree withTVF, he is right. I could have SLKR but chose to whale on Mando and Greef since I’m a BH fan. I’m facing GL in my division and will suffer. I’m just going to set my best D fleet and nothing else if they have a GL and I don’t. At least I get to screw over the other guy in Feats. I always look forward to the comments afterwards.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    If anyone feels upto the task to solve this top X riddle, you can go for it next week.

- gp compare on top 80. list down all the 8 players
    - gp compare on top 66. list down all the 8 players

This ignores the contribution of ships which I have yet to see any hypothesis how they are calculated (or a claim that they are indeed calculated in some way)

https://swgohevents.com/gp-compare
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    One GL in a GAC is unfair to the 7 players who will not beat it. Splitting it to be 50:50 would lessen the annoyance.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    GLs are not an auto-win button. 1 GL or 8 GLs in a group makes no difference in "fairness"
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Ebiteye
    12 posts Member
    TVF might be right but it’s just dumb how this plays out, rival sees you don’t have GL, he sets Rey on D, to my knowledge there is no non GL team to one shot Rey in 3v3(if there is for the love of god share it!!!) and the multi garbage team trick not always works. So if he 1 shots you your are done. It’s an advantage of course and it’s fine Cuz you whaled but see... Kylo can be managed, Rey is just plain stupid.
  • Keyth
    26 posts Member
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    I might go for carbonite this time around. I just started getting tickets for a GL, so I have the relic bloat from subpar characters without the payoff. Anyone who is at the ticket stage... either ftp getting first GL, or dolpin trying to get their second, will be at a disadvantage.

In a since I think CG wants those that spent to have an advantage, It reaffirms why they spent money in the first place.

I used to hit kyber up until they changed around the matchmaking months ago... however long that gap is between the farming for Rey started I couldn’t hit kyber again... I am so close to starting the ticket farm and I hit kyber again even with the GP bloat... I feel like it is a little overblown
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »
    Just use GL Kylo against her...

That's assuming that GL players get matched up against each other. Doesn't always happen
    People will find a way. They always have been able to

e8a.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ebiteye wrote: »
    It’s an advantage of course and it’s fine Cuz you whaled
    TVF wrote: »

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Mire wrote: »
    i got this GA round starting 19th May: 2 rey legend and 2 kylo legend owners, everyone else got also general anakin. for previous GA round 12th May: everyone got general anakin, no legends. i have no GL and still waitng for GAS event. since 12th of May no major upgrades as i was collecting gear for GAS. got 2 wins out of 3.

i guess the algorithm does reconize GL only as additional GP or relic levels, giving great bonus for the owners.

i would like to see any of CG team writing how to win round against GL without any GL and GAS. as algoritm matched me up against those players.

so to summarize:
    - i am ready for GAS event, got almost all resources to get him to max level also got max his team.
    -any purchase in the store for me were around 20 percent more costly ( not using USD as currency ),
    -no GAS event, so GL owners got less resistance. also i believe this is because of GAS taking Kylo legend so easily.
    -giving GL owners wins against test dummies like myself and additional rewards. no-GL owners are loosing their rewards.

i am done with that game. that is because someone in CG decided to favorize GL toons in all possible way.

There’s so many silly arguments on both sides of this. I fail to see how someone can relic 12 bad to decent toons and get matched unfairly against those without a GL.

I have SLKR and almost every one of my matches has been against someone with a GAS team (I don’t have him). I can’t put Kylo on defense because GAS + one other 501st beats him. Do you know how much harder it is to win with my FO relics vs relics on GG droids, padme, and separatists??? Yea I get 1 win against almost any team on defense, but it means my opponent gets to field 3 other better teams.

How about we use some numbers? If you’re getting matched against someone that has a GL and you don’t have a GL or GAS then link your roster. I’d like to see how many useless relics you have to be matched the way you are. And this is a general statement to anyone complaining about the matchup.

There are a lot of flaws with GP as a matchmaking tool (such as zetas on old toons being detrimental), but this isn’t one of them. Putting relics on 12 toons (13 if you count the GL) will affect matchmaking from at least 15% of your toons...that’s a huge adjustment.
  • ssj4tim
    135 posts Member
    jman1234 wrote: »
    it would be great to find out if she can be beaten in a 3v3 before grand arena. hmmm, if only we had a sandbox mode...

Sorry nobody wants that (apparently) so it is too expensive! Instead they will spend time making super expensive packs and new "content" people can't experience for years unless they max out their credit cards! Because that is what people want! People like you (apparently) are so rare that you'll never see it happen. It is too expensive for a game like this. It's not like there are big spenders spending thousands of dollars on this game or anything.
  • Deany123
    88 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    So far have beaten two x full relic, ultimate rey teams without using a GL myself. Not flexing or anything, just letting you know it is fully possible to do so. The added bonus is your opponent usually puts trash on the back row and you can claw back the 25 points you lost getting past GL rey.
    Sith empire and gas teams can win, especially if you chuck in a cls han and chewie team to 5ake out hero finn first. Its not easily but they can do so as long as you are patient and willing to throw 6-7 trash teams in to work reys health down.
    Granted the rest of the matchup was sketchy and your not going to have the top scores but a full clear can still be done. Another added bonus is that you get to use 80% of your rosta rather than the usual 50%
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Deany123 wrote: »
    So far have beaten two x full relic, ultimate rey teams without using a GL myself. Not flexing or anything, just letting you know it is fully possible to do so. The added bonus is your opponent usually puts trash on the back row and you can claw back the 25 points you lost getting past GL rey.
    Sith empire and gas teams can win, especially if you chuck in a cls han and chewie team to 5ake out hero finn first. Its not easily but they can do so as long as you are patient and willing to throw 6-7 trash teams in to work reys health down.
    Granted the rest of the matchup was sketchy and your not going to have the top scores but a full clear can still be done. Another added bonus is that you get to use 80% of your rosta rather than the usual 50%
    OMG you mean you used strategy?!?? Unimaginable! Unposdible!! Unconceivable!!!

Well played, sir! B)
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    My first opponent cleared my rey. I didnt put trash in the back tho so he got stuck on one team.

That's really the issue is that while GL rey is beatable, it will take 2-4 meta teams to get thru her, plus some scrap teams to make her injure herself enough to have a good shot. I fully understand the frustration (tho I'll still put my rey on defense because I like to win).

I've found with these last 2 GAC fights this week that Rey is an instant win button so far. Since I can put down a strong defense in 3v3 while holding all my most powerful metas for offense. If my opponent goes all defense, I can still win. If he goes all offense, it's a sure win because his defense will be trash and easily 1 shot. He will need 2+ battles against rey to beat her and so banners will favor me.

We saw the same thing when malak first dropped in 3v3 however. While Malak in 3v3 is still a major pain, he is beatable now. I'm confident that in a few months by the next rotation of 3v3 there will be something that makes Rey more manageable.

However the GL chase and investment of time, resources, and possibly money, is significant enough that CG cannot make rey too easy to counter too soon. Kylo is beatable now but is the PVE MONSTER. Rey is the PvP defensive champ. They cant alter their viability too much.