Advice For a New Player

13Next

Replies

• ok. I just saw the refresh of the fleet arena store and realized that I could farm the ghost and phantom. I thought that they could only farmed through achievements, before, so that was pretty cool to see.

https://swgoh.gg/p/974353385/characters/
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Training, promoting, Gearing and modding you pilots also make their ships stronger.

Just a piece of advice:
    Don't waste too many resources on characters which you don't actually use or don't plan to use in the near future. Focus on the characters you (plan to) use.

F.ex. don't waste your resources on the Endurance. Home One and Executrix are stronger capital ships.

Farm every ship and pilot available from the GW shop (unless you still need strong characters from there). Buy the rare ships (f.ex. Vader's Tie) whenever it appears in the store. ****'s X-wing is an OK tank ship. Farming the bountyhunters pilots will also help you complete higher tiers of credit heists.
  • Desertfox1024
    207 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    I'll repeat this:
    For ships, aim for the following: Ackbar lead; Ghost, Vader, Biggs starting; Phantom, Ahsoka and Ebon Hawk reinforce. When you get Chimera; replace Ackbar with it; when you get Hound's Tooth, put him on starting and let Biggs reinforce.
    Just don't waste resources on anyone else except Executrix, you need that capital ship for the zeta challenge.
    You might want to farm the new Rebel Y-Wing instead of HT, it may work better with your fleet.
    Vader and Ebon Hawk are longer farms (especially Vader, make sure that you ALWAYS have enough currency saved buy his shards, both character and ship, when they pop up in ship store, they're just so rare). The other four are ships you can get right away. Use Ahsoka in starting lineup before you get Vader. Hope it helps.
  • After that you might want to farm Bistan's U-Wing as well; and go the CLS route for characters; when you finish Revan, Yoda, Thrawn and Palp and everythng else listed in my first post. I have a feeling that the Rebels might be coming back to the meta.
  • got it. I'm probably not going to get the Y-Wing right now, i have only 17 shards. I will wait until it becomes farmable. I will focus on vader's ship, Ghost, phantom, ahsoka's ship, and Biggs. What would be a good position in fleet arena to aim for until I get the above ships?

• Do I still have a chance to get the Y-wing with 21/80 shards?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    got it. I'm probably not going to get the Y-Wing right now, i have only 17 shards. I will wait until it becomes farmable. I will focus on vader's ship, Ghost, phantom, ahsoka's ship, and Biggs. What would be a good position in fleet arena to aim for until I get the above ships?

Those are solid ships. You should farm a few more, though. To gain access to the zeta ability material challenge you will need 5 non-capital Dark Side ships at 4* or higher and 8 non-capital ships of any alignment at 5* or higher. That's one of the major milestones.

Reaching top-500 will earn your 200 additional fleet currency. Top-200 will earn you another 200 fleet currency. Top-50 will add 50 crystals. Check the "prizes" tab when in the fleet arena window.
  • For dark side, I will get JRU, geonosians, imperial tie fighter, and vader's ship. I don't think I can get higher in fleet arena until I get some ships. Thanks! Also, do you know when the y-wing becomes farmable after this galactic chase? I've seen some youtube videos about it and it looks really good
  • Waqui wrote: »
    got it. I'm probably not going to get the Y-Wing right now, i have only 17 shards. I will wait until it becomes farmable. I will focus on vader's ship, Ghost, phantom, ahsoka's ship, and Biggs. What would be a good position in fleet arena to aim for until I get the above ships?

Those are solid ships. You should farm a few more, though. To gain access to the zeta ability material challenge you will need 5 non-capital Dark Side ships at 4* or higher and 8 non-capital ships of any alignment at 5* or higher. That's one of the major milestones.

Reaching top-500 will earn your 200 additional fleet currency. Top-200 will earn you another 200 fleet currency. Top-50 will add 50 crystals. Check the "prizes" tab when in the fleet arena window.

Hang on a moment you need 5 dark side ships to unlock 5*Tarkin, but are those required for the challenge itself? I forgot
  • Desertfox1024
    207 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Do I still have a chance to get the Y-wing with 21/80 shards?

This is what you need to get Y-Wing unocked: 3x50 crystal refresh, farm all hard nodes daily; for 5 days. Then you'll likely get at least 60-70 and you can get the rest by packs if you need it. As for when will it be farmable, probably three months? No one can say for sure
  • Do I still have a chance to get the Y-wing with 21/80 shards?

This is what you need to get Y-Wing unocked: 3x50 crystal refresh, farm all hard nodes daily; for 5 days. Then you'll likely get at least 60-70 and you can get the rest by packs if you need it. As for when will it be farmable, probably three months? No one can say for sure
    Does this mean you can buy multiple of those packs that give 5-330
    y-wing blueprints? If that is the case then I am definitely going to get the y-wing

• DARTHRUSH1211
    69 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    I haven't bought any packs with crystals which is why I am asking
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Hang on a moment you need 5 dark side ships to unlock 5*Tarkin, but are those required for the challenge itself? I forgot

Executrix is required at 5* for the lower of the two tiers that reward zeta ability mats.
  • Desertfox1024
    207 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Do I still have a chance to get the Y-wing with 21/80 shards?

Does this mean you can buy multiple of those packs that give 5-330
    y-wing blueprints? If that is the case then I am definitely going to get the y-wing
    The drop rate is awful, though. (usually you get 7) So get what you can from fleet battles, then the packs for cleanup.

Executrix is required at 5* for the lower of the two tiers that reward zeta ability mats.

Oh. Thanks

You can use any 5 star ships you want in the zeta mat challenge. I thinking the challenge to get 5 star executrix is harder than the materials challenge(same with home one and endurance) since your restricted to dark side ships. I would focus on getting the executrix to 6 stars, since that gets you the final ability mats challenge for ship omegas. You don't need them now, but when you get there, you will need a lot of them.
  • DARTHRUSH1211
    69 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes! I managed to get it by spending only 800 crystals - 0 on the first day, 150 each for the next 3 days, and 350 today. Y-wing is the first ship I have that isn't given to you for free. Once I upgrade it, I hope it can really help me through fleet battles and fleet arena. I know that 800 crystals sounds impossible but I had some really good luck. I may be wrong about that, but I know that I didn't spend over 1250 crystals.
  • Desertfox1024
    207 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes! I managed to get it by spending only 800 crystals - 0 on the first day, 150 each for the next 3 days, and 350 today. Y-wing is the first ship I have that isn't given to you for free. Once I upgrade it, I hope it can really help me through fleet battles and fleet arena. I know that 800 crystals sounds impossible but I had some really good luck. I may be wrong about that, but I know that I didn't spend over 1250 crystals.

That's great :wink: Hope the shield disruption helps in your fleet!
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »

You can use any 5 star ships you want in the zeta mat challenge. I thinking the challenge to get 5 star executrix is harder than the materials challenge(same with home one and endurance) since your restricted to dark side ships. I would focus on getting the executrix to 6 stars, since that gets you the final ability mats challenge for ship omegas. You don't need them now, but when you get there, you will need a lot of them.

And the 5 star challenges take around level 80, 5 star ships; pilot 5-6 star, gear 8, with BH or Geo fleets. Anyone tried that with empire or FO?
  • Are there prerequisites for omega battles?

3* chars, level 30.
  • Are there prerequisites for omega battles?

3* chars, level 30.

That's the first, which grants credits.
    For the second node, which grants ability mats,you need to get to level 50.
    For the final node, which grants a single omega, you need to get to level 75
  • I am really low on ships and they all kind of suck... They are basically just the ones you get from the fleet commander events, so how would I get some ships by the time I unlock ships? I am thinking about having Bastila, Ezra, Kanan, old ben and jolee for yoda.

@DARTHRUSH1211 bastilla, ezra, kanan, mace, ahsoka for 6 star yoda. swap mace with anakin for 7* yoda.
    just forget about thrawn or palpatine. empire is useless in the end game. in my top 200 arena there's no empire team only padme, darth revan, jkr, grievous, and one general skywalker. one empire team with vader, tarkin, thrawn, bastilla fallen, palpatine with 157k power all relic7 easily beaten by padme team with 30k less power.

forget both revans. all the toons in both revans only kenobi that can be used for ships. and if you check meta report, darth revan teams are below rey and GAS.

max out ackbar and then get kenobi negotiator after that.

in my opinion for a long run get 4 teams. padme team, grievous team, shaak ti team and geonosians. these 4 teams pretty much can beat any other teams except GAS or galactic legends. only padme and yoda need 5 toons to get 1. the rest can be farmed. these 4 teams got pretty strong ships, ahsoka, anakin, fives, rex, kenobi, 3 geos

then get ewoks for c3po, assaj and you can get general skywalker, add bossk and hounds tooth for ships arena.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I noticed that you began playing your Phoenix Squad in arena. I would recommend moving your best and fastest mods to your arena team. You will have far better success.

https://swgoh.gg/p/974353385/mods/?stat1_5=1

Furthermore, you should mod Ezra for damage output, your tanks with defensive stats and Zeb with a bit of potency to better land debuffs.

As soon as you've taken Zeb to 7* you can use your GW currency to buy ships and/or pilots like Biggs and Cad Babe. Biggs' ship is great for tanking and Cad Bane will help you in credit heists as well.
  • Skies439 wrote: »
    I am really low on ships and they all kind of suck... They are basically just the ones you get from the fleet commander events, so how would I get some ships by the time I unlock ships? I am thinking about having Bastila, Ezra, Kanan, old ben and jolee for yoda.

@DARTHRUSH1211 bastilla, ezra, kanan, mace, ahsoka for 6 star yoda. swap mace with anakin for 7* yoda.
    just forget about thrawn or palpatine. empire is useless in the end game. in my top 200 arena there's no empire team only padme, darth revan, jkr, grievous, and one general skywalker. one empire team with vader, tarkin, thrawn, bastilla fallen, palpatine with 157k power all relic7 easily beaten by padme team with 30k less power.

forget both revans. all the toons in both revans only kenobi that can be used for ships. and if you check meta report, darth revan teams are below rey and GAS.

max out ackbar and then get kenobi negotiator after that.

in my opinion for a long run get 4 teams. padme team, grievous team, shaak ti team and geonosians. these 4 teams pretty much can beat any other teams except GAS or galactic legends. only padme and yoda need 5 toons to get 1. the rest can be farmed. these 4 teams got pretty strong ships, ahsoka, anakin, fives, rex, kenobi, 3 geos

then get ewoks for c3po, assaj and you can get general skywalker, add bossk and hounds tooth for ships arena.
    @Skies439 I was thinking about making a sort of OT team. If I do get 7 star palps and thrawn, by that point I will probably have 7 star vader, and it will be pretty easy to get tarkin to 7 stars plus another empire toon. Now I can get R2D2 then CLS. Would this be a path you recommend? I have seen youtube videos sayong that thrawn is a good character, but as you said empire will be useless. I might unlock them because I am really close to it. All of phoenix except for chopper is at 5 star. Plus, my dark side teams are extremely weak. I do that I will switch to your advice for Yoda. One team I really would want to get is a padme team, so would you recommend farming seps after Yoda? Or as a first priority? Or should I go for CLS? Lots of options. Thanks!
  • Skies439
    60 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    @DARTHRUSH1211 that was the path i take 1,5 years ago. i got phoenix then i got palp, thrawn, vader, tarkin and the 5th one is KRU. then i got R2 and then CLS. The thing is CLS team is not even in the 1-100 meta team. i just battle 3v3 against padme anakin ahsoka using CLS, chewy, han solo. took 4 minutes just to kill padme alone. my squad power was 69k opponent was 60k.

1.5 year ago JKR was the meta, han solo ship was the meta. In 1.5 years they put darth revan, padme, GAS, 2 galactic legends and all of them are stronger than JKR. i still saw CLS team in the top 200 arena but it has 137k power and almost all of them relic 7. if you're close then might as well get it. but don't put too much on it.

I follow the guide 1.5 years ago to get phoenix, empire, r2, cls, revan, then bounty hunters for han's ship. now that guide is useless. none of them can stand in the squad arena top 100. my padme team even still struggle to stay in top 200.all you can use is bossk hounds tooth and han solo ship. which probably still lose against galactic republic fleet team.

my current team, bastilla, yoda, anakin, ahsoka, ezra. then i farm 3 geos with their ships through fleet arena store and galactic war store. once i got 7 star anakin then i farm geo brood alpha. then get padme.
    after that farming shaak ti and clones
  • Skies439 wrote: »
    @DARTHRUSH1211 that was the path i take 1,5 years ago. i got phoenix then i got palp, thrawn, vader, tarkin and the 5th one is KRU. then i got R2 and then CLS. The thing is CLS team is not even in the 1-100 meta team. i just battle 3v3 against padme anakin ahsoka using CLS, chewy, han solo. took 4 minutes just to kill padme alone. my squad power was 69k opponent was 60k.

1.5 year ago JKR was the meta, han solo ship was the meta. In 1.5 years they put darth revan, padme, GAS, 2 galactic legends and all of them are stronger than JKR. i still saw CLS team in the top 200 arena but it has 137k power and almost all of them relic 7. if you're close then might as well get it. but don't put too much on it.

I follow the guide 1.5 years ago to get phoenix, empire, r2, cls, revan, then bounty hunters for han's ship. now that guide is useless. none of them can stand in the squad arena top 100. my padme team even still struggle to stay in top 200.all you can use is bossk hounds tooth and han solo ship. which probably still lose against galactic republic fleet team.

my current team, bastilla, yoda, anakin, ahsoka, ezra. then i farm 3 geos with their ships through fleet arena store and galactic war store. once i got 7 star anakin then i farm geo brood alpha. then get padme.
    after that farming shaak ti and clones

Ok. I will unlock palps+thrawn since I am really close to it, then switch over to farming bastila, ahsoka,anakin, ezra, and kanan for yoda. Once he is 7 stars I will farm seps for padme, and once I get her I will farm kenobi and ewoks for 3PO. All to achieve a team for padme. Then I will use your prior advice for GAS 
  • I would wait before going for C3P0, Ewoks aren't good. You get one character out of that event, C3P0. The Ewoks are useless afterward.m If you go for Chewie, you get a good bounty hunter team and good ships and Hans Falcon, assuming you have Han.
  • DARTHRUSH1211
    69 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    ir21tiny wrote: »
    I would wait before going for C3P0, Ewoks aren't good. You get one character out of that event, C3P0. The Ewoks are useless afterward.m If you go for Chewie, you get a good bounty hunter team and good ships and Hans Falcon, assuming you have Han.
    I haven't got any legendaries yet, the ones I'm closest to are palpatine and thrawn. I am only at level 64 right now, and I haven't got any 7 stars for the heroic raids yet. I am going to focus on the jedi since they will be a pretty good team for me in arena. Once I get Yoda to 7 stars I will focus on the seps for padme. I won't be going for 3PO right now, I will go for padme, general kenobi, and the rest of that republic team first. Is there a better plan?