40th Anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes

Replies

• Monel wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    So why wouldn’t he be able to use lightning as Vader? It would come out his hand not his suit.

So if it come out of his hand and not his suit does he end up shocking himself? Or does he have to take his gloves off every time?

Interesting. Have we seen anyone shoot lightning with something covering their hands?

I think his suit is perfectly insulated and he’s just constantly shooting lightning out of his hands. It’s part of why he’s so ornery.
    There are many sources which state that Vader was not able to shoot lightning because he is half robot. His robotic arms can’t conjure up lightning, he was too weak to do it.

but what if his robot arms were redesigned to do just that sort of thing? But then we run back into the problem of would they shoot out of gloves. Quite the interesting discussion.

I rank it up it there with how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

But they weren’t and he’s dead, so it doesn’t matter. He can’t use force lightning and that’s that.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    So why wouldn’t he be able to use lightning as Vader? It would come out his hand not his suit.

So if it come out of his hand and not his suit does he end up shocking himself? Or does he have to take his gloves off every time?

Interesting. Have we seen anyone shoot lightning with something covering their hands?

I think his suit is perfectly insulated and he’s just constantly shooting lightning out of his hands. It’s part of why he’s so ornery.
    There are many sources which state that Vader was not able to shoot lightning because he is half robot. His robotic arms can’t conjure up lightning, he was too weak to do it.

but what if his robot arms were redesigned to do just that sort of thing? But then we run back into the problem of would they shoot out of gloves. Quite the interesting discussion.

I rank it up it there with how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

But they weren’t and he’s dead, so it doesn’t matter. He can’t use force lightning and that’s that.

Ok... but how do you know? EP was dead right up until he wasn't. So sure Vader never used force lightning, right up until someone writes a comic or book where he does.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Because Papa Palpy knew that Vader would rise up against him, so he made him weaker by putting him in the suit.

The force lighting killed Vader. Shame he didn’t foresee Vader would chuck him down a huge **** shaft.
  • Monel wrote: »

Ok... but how do you know? EP was dead right up until he wasn't. So sure Vader never used force lightning, right up until someone writes a comic or book where he does.

With EP he did actually die. Lore wise he did die. He cloned himself. Vader has no clones, and we saw him die, and then get blown up. EP had clone bodies so he could live forever.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member

With EP he did actually die. Lore wise he did die. He cloned himself. Vader has no clones, and we saw him die, and then get blown up. EP had clone bodies so he could live forever.

Well...you dont have to have a clone body to live forever as a sith.
  • Wadthebad
    131 posts Member
    R2D2 does lightning

For real
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »

Well...you dont have to have a clone body to live forever as a sith.

I know that, but for EP he did. Other Sith Lords had other techniques, like Nihilus, or Sion. But EP only had his cloned bodies.
  • OldBoy
    33 posts Member
    Well that was lacklustre
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

Doesn't mean someone can't write a book in his alive story timeline where lighting does happen. Anyway, I dont really care just saying its possible for things to change.
  • Dooku did the lightning, Vader cut his head off without the lightning.

Tells you something about lightning.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Should have given us the 2 remaining bounty hunters, but Im not complaining ;)
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Come to think of it, they should have released the ice cream maker guy - Now that’s a complaint!
  • I thought that CG teased that something was coming out to celebrate it?
  • Yes, and unlike the 40th anniversary of episode 4 we got nothing.

Well, actually we got a Y-Wing... with microscopic drop rates and increased crystal cost... happy celebration!
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    The Y-wing came out. What else do you want.....
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Firstly we got the y-wing. No matter the droprate, it’s at least something.

And we also get double drops again on 27/6, so Im satisfied.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    They also teased a new big character, but Im not sure it has anything to do with the 40th anniversary though
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited May 2020
  • Gamorrean wrote: »

They did far more for ANH anniversary, which is arguably a less liked film by the fans. Go to random Star Wars fans and ask them their favourite movie. The most common ones will probably be ROTS and ESB. ANH is barely in the conversation. If they did less for ESB than ANH, then I don’t know what to say. So what, we got 1 ship with trash drop rates. For the ANH anniversary we got a new event and a new character who is still one of the best in the game. They could’ve at least given us some free goodies like May the 4th, but nothing. Just a Y-Wing which was barely in the movie at all.

• cboath7
    455 posts Member
    thomssi wrote: »

As far as ESB goes, there were no Y-Wings in ESB, unless it was a background comp effect as they were leaving hoth. If you do a Y-Wing, ESB is the worst OT flick to tie it to.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    cboath7 wrote: »
    thomssi wrote: »

As far as ESB goes, there were no Y-Wings in ESB, unless it was a background comp effect as they were leaving hoth. If you do a Y-Wing, ESB is the worst OT flick to tie it to.

It flys by at the very end of the movie. Blink and you would miss it, lol.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Gamorrean wrote: »

They did far more for ANH anniversary, which is arguably a less liked film by the fans. Go to random Star Wars fans and ask them their favourite movie. The most common ones will probably be ROTS and ESB. ANH is barely in the conversation. If they did less for ESB than ANH, then I don’t know what to say. So what, we got 1 ship with trash drop rates. For the ANH anniversary we got a new event and a new character who is still one of the best in the game. They could’ve at least given us some free goodies like May the 4th, but nothing. Just a Y-Wing which was barely in the movie at all.

I can’t see the issue with the 40th year celebration of “STAR WARS” being bigger than it’s sequel?

Don’t get me wrong - ESB is my favorite too, but ANH was the movie to start it all.

And its not like we are getting nothing..

• TVF
    36518 posts Member

They did far more for ANH anniversary, which is arguably a less liked film by the fans. Go to random Star Wars fans and ask them their favourite movie. The most common ones will probably be ROTS

lol
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CirdanTS
    39 posts Member
    I can't wait for the 41st anniversary, maybe we'll get the 40th's celebration then?
  • TVF wrote: »

They did far more for ANH anniversary, which is arguably a less liked film by the fans. Go to random Star Wars fans and ask them their favourite movie. The most common ones will probably be ROTS

lol

I don’t get what’s funny...
  • Ggdjqjchsabjdj
    780 posts Member
    edited May 2020

I can’t see the issue with the 40th year celebration of “STAR WARS” being bigger than it’s sequel?

Don’t get me wrong - ESB is my favorite too, but ANH was the movie to start it all.

And its not like we are getting nothing..

In comparison to ANH, we are getting nothing. I didn’t even see the Y-Wing in the movie. I get we’ve already got a ton of ESB stuff in game, but most of the characters are trash and are barely used, there are some things they could’ve done for this event.