Ships you would like to see

Prev1
What ships would people like to see in the game?

I’m hoping for an A-Wing, The Mando’s ships and maybe General Grevious’ ship too.

Replies

• LordDirt
    4942 posts Member
    Tie Whisper
    FO tank
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    It's 40th Anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back after all.

Imho the snowspeeder is the most iconic ship from that movie, much more than Y-wing.

Snowspeeder.png

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Rather just show it to you ztcw3ux4ml3g.jpg
    6tmgpj2er6j2.jpg
    7ee3t85ed12c.jpg
    oja62a7n0rjd.jpg
    8khqkm8nknko.jpg

I have the LEGO set for Malgus’ ship. If you like legos, then it’s for you, pretty solid set, cool figure.

The big ships that haven’t been mentioned I’m looking forward to:
    - TIE Defender
    - TIE Bomber
    - Luke’s X-Wing!
    - Poe’s Orange X-Wing
    - B-Wing
  • j9h6cnkwjvn2.jpg

Darth Nihilus's Ravager

fuujwr6o2gxr.jpg

TIE Hunter

eafe5v0fmgmm.jpg

TIE Defender

qucq496lhxt2.png

Sith Trooper's TIE Dagger

5yixovkomcyh.png

Stormtrooper's Imperial Gunship
  • CaesarAM
    246 posts Member
    Get the basics done. TIE Bomber. TIE Interceptor, B-Wing, A-Wing. Might actually make more sense to do an A-Wing for resistance than Rebels, though, since they need more ships than rebels do. Beyond that, I think there could be some fun things to do with Resistance Bomber. I’d also love to see TIE Defender. And I’d say a true Sith Capital ship, like maybe for Nihilus, would be a good addition.
  • Red Five, Razorcrest
  • Seriously:
    Red 5
    Razorcrest
    TIE Defender

For fun:
    Red 5 (Submerged on Dagobah)
    Red 5 (Submerged on Ach-To)
    FO Dreadnought
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Dengar’s Ship: The punishing one.
  • Tie bomber wouldn’t be a bad choice either
  • BH and Scoundrel ships! We already got 4, give us Hondo's UFO as a cap, Dengar's Punishing One, Embo's Guillotine, and Mando's Razor Crest so we get a full Scoundrel fleet.
    Jango's Slave 1 would have a kit too similar to Boba's and he can't exactly be added as a pilot to Boba's, so I doubt he can ever get one. Aurra and Greedo have ships, but I don't really care for them, and Zam doesn't have a ship, so none for her.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    How Red 5 isn’t in this game is criminal. We’ve got 3 millennium falcons. We’ve got an Umbaran starfighter (not a clone ship) that was flown by a clone for roughly a minute of a cartoon, and not very well. We’ve got several ships from other video games and literature that were never in the movies. A capital ship that ran out of gas, and is piloted by my purple haired grandma. And a shuttle that has zero combat capabilities. But no Red 5.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Death Star
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • 1 with R2D2 in it.
    1 with CLS in it.
    1 with Lobot in it.
  • BH and Scoundrel ships! We already got 4, give us Hondo's UFO as a cap, Dengar's Punishing One, Embo's Guillotine, and Mando's Razor Crest so we get a full Scoundrel fleet.
    Jango's Slave 1 would have a kit too similar to Boba's and he can't exactly be added as a pilot to Boba's, so I doubt he can ever get one. Aurra and Greedo have ships, but I don't really care for them, and Zam doesn't have a ship, so none for her.

What would be really cool is if they gave you that but no capitol ship. Make the synergy more important than being behind a cap ship.
  • Antario wrote: »
    It's 40th Anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back after all.

Imho the snowspeeder is the most iconic ship from that movie, much more than Y-wing.

Snowspeeder.png

Problem is, it cant fly into space, as it is a speeder
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    How Red 5 isn’t in this game is criminal. We’ve got 3 millennium falcons. We’ve got an Umbaran starfighter (not a clone ship) that was flown by a clone for roughly a minute of a cartoon, and not very well. We’ve got several ships from other video games and literature that were never in the movies. A capital ship that ran out of gas, and is piloted by my purple haired grandma. And a shuttle that has zero combat capabilities. But no Red 5.

It’s a similar reason as to why we don’t have Jedi Luke. If they don’t hold back some of the more popular things, then the game has a lame future.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    I wanna see 1-2 more sep droid ships to complete the sep fleet lineup, ideally a support to help more easily counter HT since we have a tank and attacker.

Resistance bomber/tank to help resistance fleet

FO tank

Plus give empire some love to make thrawn a viable fleet again!

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Here’s an A-Wing I whipped up:

Rebel A-Wing
    Light Side, Rebel, Attacker

RG-9 Laser Cannons: (Basic)
    Physical Damage. The A-Wing recovers 5% health and protection.

Concussion Missiles: (Special)
    Special Damage. Target ally assists, and if they are Rebel, they also gain 50% turn meter.

Speed and Strength: (Unique)
    The A-Wing has +10 Speed for each Rebel ally, not including the Capital Ship. Whenever the A-Wing recovers protection, it gains +5% Offense (stacking) for the rest of the encounter.

Reinforcement:
    When A-Wing enters the battle, if the allied capital ship is Rebel, the capital ship gains 50% turn meter.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Resistance needs a fourth ship. Maybe a bomber from Last Jedi.

First Order needs more ships, too, don't get me wrong, but with only three Resistance can't even field reinforcements on theme.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

It’s a similar reason as to why we don’t have Jedi Luke. If they don’t hold back some of the more popular things, then the game has a lame future.

It’s a truly stupid reason. Imagine buying a Star Wars space battle game and them leaving out Red 5. And then them telling you that they might allow you to buy it after more than 4 years. Maybe. But in the mean time, you can always play with a shuttle craft. You’d return that game in an instant.
  • MasterSeedy
    4995 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Ginivex Fan Blade.
    a30579ee1fdfe44a1af1c66c8390b4b3.jpg

No ship is more important than the Ginivex. Along with Ginivex, I'd like to see a ship for Dooku, one that doesn't attack, support only, but dispels Stealth. That would be brutal against Negotiator fleets.

I do agree we're missing some basics - TIE Bomber, TIE Interceptor, A-Wing, B-Wing.

After that, the faction that needs the most help, and needs it desperately, is Resistance.

I recently wrote up a good trio of ships for Resistance - the A-Wing, the StarFortress Bomber, and the Hammerhead Corvette (which is big, but not much bigger than Hound's Tooth - it's not CapShip class).
    A-Wing:
    • Fast, high-damage, and survivable, all 3.
    • Make this a ship that on its speed, survivability and damage on its basic it competes with TIE Silencer.
    • As a capstone (from ship omegas) the basic grants +10% TM to a Resistance CapShip, if present.
    • Special: inflicts a special debuff: while this debuff is active, all hits against the debuffed target bypass protection. This reflects a couple times in the movies where we saw an A-wing take out enemy shields.
    • Alternate Special: does less damage than TIE Silencer special, BUT it does bonus damage = current protection and then inflicts Healing Immunity.
    • Unique grants PotencyUP every time the A-Wing evades. It also cleanses and grants PotencyUP to any Resistance ally that attacks out of turn while A-Wing is active.

StarFortress:
    • Unlike most attackers, this one is the slowest ship in any fleet.
    • To make up for that, it does a huge amount of damage with its special or its unique (could be handled 2 different ways, see below)
    • Basic inflicts one expose for every time the Star Fortress has taken damage since start of battle (first turn) or it's last turn (any time thereafter, which means it can't inflict Expose on its first turn as a reinforcement).
    • It can also take a lot more punishment than most attackers with health+Protection in the low-end of the range of what would be normal for a Tank, but with no self-healing dynamic that makes tanks so unkillable.
    • This does not taunt, but opponents might make hitting it a priority anyway, since if it survives long enough, it blows opponents away.
    • Mini-Ultimate (Special): Massive damage, more powerful than TIE Silencer special with , starts on a 3-turn cooldown
    • Reinforcement ability = reduce starting cooldown by 1
    • Alternate to the Mini-Ultimate (Unique): Any time an expose is dispelled or triggered or expired from a ship, one expose instantly returns. This effect cannot be resisted. (Like zVader with DoTs, but OMG SO DEADLY.) The one difference is that if you hit a ship that had multiple exposes, only one of them returns.
    • Alternate Reinforcement Ability: All Resistance ships gain passive +15% Potency for every Resistance Ally, and inflict expose when damaging a ship with Current Protection greater than 0.

Hammerhead Corvette:
    • Tank to rival Hound's Tooth.
    • Basic ("Scatter Guns"): Does hardly any damage. Really. This is terrible damage. One way to handle that would be to give it a Defense-Penetration of 0 or near 0 (whatever is really, really bad for ships). But it can trigger Expose and Foresight.
    • Basic (continued): If Poe's X-Wing is present, it is called to assist.
    • Basic (continued): If any ship assists the Corvette on its basic and successfully deals damage, that ship inflicts Expose.
    • Special ("Ram"): Deals Physical damage and inflicts Breach, Slow, Expose, and -50% TM. If Poe's X-Wing is present, Reduce the Cooldown of Perfect Shot by 1.
    • Unique 1: Recovers 1% Health and Protection at the end of each of its turns per debuff on any enemy ship or buff on any ally ship. Under a Resistance Capital Ship, Hammerhead begins the battle with Taunt for 2 turns and gains gains undispellable Taunt whenever it is inflicted with Target Lock (unless undispellable Taunt already exists). Although not dispellable, this Taunt ends when the Hammerhead no longer has Target Lock.
    • Unique 1 (Cont.): As a special note, since it doesn't regain taunt on subsequent target locks, this does not retrigger the Reinforcement ability of an opposing Hammerhead Corvette.
    • Unique 2: Dispells all debuffs on itself, recovers 50% Health & 50% Protection, and then Taunts for 2 turns whenever a Resistance ally reinforces.
    • Reinforcement ability: Removes 100% TM from enemy Capital Ship and inflicts Expose on every enemy with Taunt when the Corvette enters or who gains Taunt while Corvette is active. (This will absolutely destroy SunFac given the number of buffs Resistance gains. It won't hurt HT so much b/c Resistance doesn't have any good dispel ships so you can keep dispelling and having HT automatically recover taunt while breach is active.)
    NOTE: Obviously if you can dispel without inflicting Target Lock, the Hammerhead Corvette will be a terrible tank. But if you have no dispels and/or your fleet inflicts target lock, the HC will be a pain.

With only 3 ships, one of them terrible and the other two only decent, the Resistance Navy is possibly the single worst faction, yet it has an end-game CapShip and a Fleet Commander that demands (for other reasons) high relic levels. I hate it.

But if you could get that first special off before Negotiator (by using the A-Wing) and then stack exposes, this fleet could be a real threat. One thing you should probably do to make up for the potency of these combos is to make the TIE Silencer take reduced damage from %health effects, just like Kylo himself. Other than that, it's probably fine.
    One of the things I like about this is that it doesn't require tweaking the Resistance ships already in the game. The Hammerhead calls Poe, but Poe doesn't need his ship description to change.

It is also a faction that doesn't kick @$$ right out of the box. You need to either bring in StarFortress or Hammerhead Corvette as a reinforcement. And you'll need the A-Wing in on the first turn. But if you get Hammerhead and A-Wing and either Poe or Resistance X-Wing, then you can get PXW and RXW getting bonuses from A-Wing's unique. That's a minimum of 3 ships (and better with 4) to get that synergy going. Plus you want to get the StarFortress in there, so that's 5 ships all in at the same time to get the synergy party going hardest. That's hard to do, but with A-Wing bumping TM to Raddus, that helps you along.

If you want to see the full discussion - which also has other ship ideas from other people - you can find it here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228646/thoughts-on-fleet-faction-tags-new-ship-ideas#latest

What would be really cool is if they gave you that but no capitol ship. Make the synergy more important than being behind a cap ship.

Cool, maybe. But that just means that CG won't do it.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

It’s a truly stupid reason. Imagine buying a Star Wars space battle game and them leaving out Red 5. And then them telling you that they might allow you to buy it after more than 4 years. Maybe. But in the mean time, you can always play with a shuttle craft. You’d return that game in an instant.

Then why do people play this game? Why do you play this game? The unspoken promise that it’s coming. That’s how it works.

They give us things along the way, like Hounds Tooth, Anakins Starfighter, and the Y-Wing. They bridge the gap. It’s not a stupid reason, because it works.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member

Then why do people play this game? Why do you play this game? The unspoken promise that it’s coming. That’s how it works.

They give us things along the way, like Hounds Tooth, Anakins Starfighter, and the Y-Wing. They bridge the gap. It’s not a stupid reason, because it works.

I play the game because it’s a good game. That doesn’t negate the fact that it’s a stupid reason. Them bringing Red 5 to the game wouldn’t make the game suddenly end. And having it in the game from the very beginning wouldn’t have made the game make less money. In fact, it might have made them more as more people would have been happy with the product.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    If you’ll excuse my crudeness, it’s like dating a girl and never getting past first base. She can keep stringing you along with false promises of more to come, but you just end up patiently waiting for years with nothing to show for it except frustration. I’d be much happier and more likely to stay with someone who doesn’t string me along.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

I'm sure I've said, in the past, "I hope they add … into the game," but I've never played the game BECAUSE … was being added. If that makes sense.

In other words, I think you're putting the cart before the horse here. I know Luke'll be added sometime in the future, it's inevitable. But I'm certainly not playing because I want to be here when he comes. The promise of him being in the game down the line doesn't keep me playing. If this was a bad game I would stop playing.

But it's actually quite good. If he comes, he comes. Great. If he doesn't, well that's pretty sill, tbh, but whatever. Still a good game.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.