Y-Wing droprate

Replies

• exile038
    138 posts Member
    Moorebid wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    But weren't Chase drop rates based on energy spent?

Correct. This is what they were for EP Shuttle and EH:
    4vlpqmsndub3.jpg

Ok, based on that I should've had around 15 shards, since I attempted at 10 energy node 38 times. Instead I got 3, or an 8% droprate.
    I hope it's just bad RNG...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/229678/galactic-chase-drop-rates#latest
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    3*50-3*100 2 days=900 crystals and where it got me. This surely won't wrap up at 1250+all the freebies

rtaaqt0k2uwd.png
  • Recurve
    97 posts Member
    Over 5 days you need 80 shards, at 2% per energy, in total on average 4000 energy.
    To get 16 shards in one day you need to use 800 energy
    240 basic energy + 45 bonus per day leaves 515 energy needs from crystals.
    3 x 50 refreshes for 360 energy leaves you with 155 energy needed
    1x 100 refresh for 120 to leave 35 remaining per day,
    Over 5 days you will need 2 extra refreshes for this at 100 crystals to cover the 175 energy needed.
    Totalling 1450 crystals
  • If you need 80 shards, and drop rate 2% then you need (on average) to spend 4000 energy. So over 5 days, that's 800 per day.

We get 240 + 45 free a day which means we need 515 from else where.
    480 can come from 3x50 refreshes and a 100 refresh (250 crystals per day).

So for 1250 crystals, you have 3825 energy to spend.

A full energy before event started (especially if loaded the 50s just before clock reset), or a little bit of luck, or an extra 100 refresh on day 4 or 5: and I can believe it would be totally possible for 1250 crystals.
  • Ironjehoshaphat
    335 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    @MaruMaru
    I am sitting At 30/80 with the same numbers. At least you have 34. Haha.

This is total **** that CG didn’t mention this BEFORE. They were **** poor at communicating, that we all know, but this is downright shady. Leaving the announcement till AFTER the event start leaves us sitting here with our thumbs up our butts. Being upfront and honest would then cause CG to hear the deserved backlash.

Also, this wasn’t an oversight. This is typical CG ****. Why make players spend more crystals on a non meta ship on a non meta team? Oh right, money. So that’s why they didn’t tell us before.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    by 3s is the best way to go. ;)

Is that really true? I’ve been doing it wrong my whole life...

I may not have caught your joke, but to clear the air, no it does not help, Kyno is joking. There have been many many threads on this, and I think the community has come to an agreement that it changes nothing, but superstition is superstition, so you do you.

Of course I was joking. When I first started someone told me that doing it in smaller batches makes the drop rates better, so I did it the first couple months, but after a while I realised it made no difference. I simply do max battles, not in small batches, it’s too tedious for me.

I have a bad feeling about this.
  • @MaruMaru

This is total **** that CG didn’t mention this BEFORE. They were **** poor at communicating, that we all know, but this is downright shady. Leaving the announcement till AFTER the event start leaves us sitting here with our thumbs up our butts. Being upfront and honest would then cause CG to hear the deserved backlash.

Also, this wasn’t an oversight. This is typical CG ****. Why make players spend more crystals on a non meta ship on a non meta team? Oh right, money. So that’s why they didn’t tell us before.

Well what did you expect?
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Fanatic wrote: »
    TheBla wrote: »
    f5if2jrmczht.jpg
    Total crap. 0 out of 17 battles.

Note- I usually do battles in small batches but was in a rush. This is still ridiculous though

Note- it makes no difference if you do that or not.

by 3s is the best way to go. ;)

Personally, I found doing it in batches of PI has the best results.

There is just something magic about PI.

I really prefer to follow a Fibonacci sequence.

I want to see someones tracked results on "graham's number" of them.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    @MaruMaru

I started the farming with 144/144 in extra.
  • Guess mine is going really well then.

2(3 x refreshes) on 41/80

q0e3srqawjx6.jpg
  • JarJarRequissa
    195 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    until the government or some legal entity requires companies to follow a set of rules with drop rates and things like this its always going to favor the developer where they dont even tell you things change and only after the community chimes in do they verify what the community is chiming in about. ive wrotten a couple senators in detail about the need to require companies like this to be honest with drop rates and have a systematic process they have to follow so they dont knowingly do things like this where people thing they are getting a drop rate like past events when in fact they are not.

communication has always been an issue here and it isnt going to change internally sadly.
  • MasterSeedy
    4993 posts Member
    Today's data: 15/103 attempts at a 10 energy node = 0.01456 shards per energy spent.

Total so far = 43 shards.

Honestly, I don't know if I'd be doing this if I wasn't getting Mk12 FusionFurnace prototypes, which I desperately need for the Rey chase. Still, when the ship finally goes on farm, I'll be farming it for a couple weeks less than the people who didn't try.
  • So many of these players have skewed ideas of the parity that a RNG gives you, and simple statistics. Guys, if the drop-rate is 1 out of 5 rolls, the 1 out of 25 players will get 2 shards during 2 rolls (on average).

1 out of 6 rolls gives a shard , then 1 out of 36 players gets 2 shards from 2 rolls.

1 out of 7...., 1 out of 49 players

The odds on these drops aren't just bad because of what CG sets them at, but because life sucks. 1 out of 25 to 49 players in the above situations feel ok. The rest feel shafted. AND THOSE WERE KIND STATISTICS.
  • Well I was gonna spend money on this($100 vault)... but since we were not told the new drop rates on this "event" I chose to not spend at all.... thanks CG for your continually lack of communication.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Repeat thread. Go to Y-Wing droprate. Also, you’re better off than I, who spent before learning the drop rate.
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    This event makes me miss marquee events.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Update:

3 days of 3*50+3*100+full bar at the beginning (1350 crystals):

t4wan1jqqxal.png

• MaruMaru wrote: »
    Update:

t4wan1jqqxal.png

My rate has been good. I have a feeling I won't unlock though. I am at 35
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Update:

t4wan1jqqxal.png

Earlier a couple people said unlock can be done with 1250-1450 crystals, were they wrong or?

That assumes one gets the average rate. I certainly won't be unlocking at that rate.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    R_Val_17 wrote: »
    This event makes me miss marquee events.

If it unlocked at 3* I'd be fine with it being a chase. With that said I typically ignore any marquee past unlock until it's farmable, so I guess I don't really care either way.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • For me it just comes down to can I unlock it w/o going overboard on crystal spending.

I was able to do that with Hyena because I was farming someone in a hurry from Cantina last time & doing 3 refreshes a day.

I will NOT be able to do that now even w/ 3 refreshes a day for G12 mats because they cut the drop rate in half.

Hell, I'm not even CLOSE to what they claim the drop rate is.

3 Days in & I'm way below the "average", which IIRC I was for Hyena too, but it was still enough to unlock.

ijiudgp47mk1.png

At the rate I'm going I would have been BETTER off if it was a Marque event because I'm not tracking to hit even 50 shards.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    The 16 and 20 energy sim data is basically meaningless. And 16.5% on 121 sims is not surprising, nor would 26.5% be.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Its not meaningless.

Its data & it feeds into the total # of sims examined.

You have to do a little more math than I've given here, but its still data.

End result is even if I was at my "predicted" 36 shards right now I wouldn't be trending for 80.

And at 28 I'm not even trending to 50 which was what I stated.
  • I'm at 58/80. 1 do 6 refreshes, and refresh the tie-advanced node. I pretty much only do hard nodes. (Eta,bastilla, fives, clone sergeant) I did some easy nodes the first day, but the drop rate seemed to suck. It's costing a lot of crystals, but I'm trying to build a rebel fleet. Pilotless means less gear(and rebels have lots of multi pilots.) Also frees up HT for my empire/dark side fleet. I guess we'll see how it works out. I've spent more crystals on less.(did the may 4th 5000 crystal character card. Ended up with gamorrean guard😂)
  • Ironjehoshaphat
    335 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    5zf3bt7eml1b.png
    Gotta love this sweet drop rate... I messed and missed a 20 sim with only 1 shard dropping...
  • Ouch, that has to hurt. I looked at that list of characters & was like, no thank you, far to many useless things in there for my taste.

1778 Energy Spent
    1.5748% Drop Rate
    28 Shards
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I got to 81 shards today with about 2500 crystals.