JTR and healing immunity

Ethsh_Camon
27 posts Member
edited May 2020
So yesterday evening I was doing my 3v3 fights in GAC and I was using JTR to inflict healing immunity to get the feat that requires you to apply it 30 times. I hit the other team (bossk and dengar) with healing immunity almost a dozen times and yet not a single instance of it worked towards the feat. Is this a bug? Is JTR healing immunity somehow different because it's undispellable?

This was done live on Twitch, so if anyone doesn't believe me or wants to see proof that it didn't work, I'd be happy to drop a link to my channel with the specific time where I do that battle. Please note that my stream is not kid-friendly and has plenty of cursing. Also, please excuse the rage as I had gotten Nested twice.

*Edited for spelling*
Post edited by Ethsh_Camon on

Replies

• E3P0
    109 posts Member
    Probably a bug but who even knows - they'd probably come up with some obscure reason for why it doesn't count (that they conveniently decided not to share with anyone in the description of the feat). The healing immunity you get from Dooku lead doesn't count either. This is ridiculous.
  • I also experienced this. Was wondering if it had anything to do with JTR’s healing immunity being locked and somehow they missed adding locked healing immunity to the code to count attempts.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    I just use Malak against Droideka or NS with only basic attacks at max stacks.
    Got 22/30 after my battle.
  • E3P0 wrote: »
    Probably a bug but who even knows - they'd probably come up with some obscure reason for why it doesn't count (that they conveniently decided not to share with anyone in the description of the feat). The healing immunity you get from Dooku lead doesn't count either. This is ridiculous.

Not obscure. They changed it because according to canon she is a healer. She healed a snake and Kylo...

So why would she stop someone from healing. That's why they did it, but didn't change the text. <--- true story
  • So wait, the reason it doesn't count towards the quest is because her kit doesn't match cannon? No offense to you personally, but that sounds like the dumbest thing I've ever heard. They can't just arbitrarily decide to change her kit but not actually change it like that. I don't believe that for a second.

It seems more likely to me that her healing immunity is coded differently because it's undispellable, and they didn't take that into account when they programmed the feats. Which is still terrible, of course.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Mephisto just made that up.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Mephisto just made that up.

Oops. It can be hard to tell what's sarcasm and what isn't online :/
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I wouldn't assume it's sarcasm just because it's wrong.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I don't know even know if it qualifies as sarcasm. I was just playing around. Target was smart enough to tell, ah yes, satire is what it qualifies as.
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    This has nothing to do with it being undispellable.It has to do with it being irresistable.Both JTR and Dooku have irresistable healing immunity.

The feat states "attempt to inflict".Those two abilities do not attempt,they just inflict.Malak attempts, Anakin attempts, Kylo attempts and so on.Keep that in mind for the next feat that will have "attempt" in it.

Yes, they should have told us that but..............
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    TaTaKaS wrote: »
    This has nothing to do with it being undispellable.It has to do with it being irresistable.Both JTR and Dooku have irresistable healing immunity.

The feat states "attempt to inflict".Those two abilities do not attempt,they just inflict.Malak attempts, Anakin attempts, Kylo attempts and so on.Keep that in mind for the next feat that will have "attempt" in it.

Dooku's leadership has the opponent apply healing immunity to themselves, which is why it doesn't count. JTR is bugged though.
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member

"Attempt" and "guaranteed success" are not mutually exclusive, especially since RJT's attack can be evaded. This should still count as an attempt, even if it would fail in that instance.
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Dooku's leadership has the opponent apply healing immunity to themselves, which is why it doesn't count. JTR is bugged though.

Ok about Dooku. Who told you JTR is bugged? Have I missed a post from the devs or did you decide that by yourself?
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member

"Attempt" and "guaranteed success" are not mutually exclusive, especially since RJT's attack can be evaded. This should still count as an attempt, even if it would fail in that instance.

Neither of those 2 abilities has to pass the potency - tenacity check for the healing immunity. Maybe that is why they both (JTR and Dooku) cannot contribute to the feat!
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member

Ok about Dooku. Who told you JTR is bugged? Have I missed a post from the devs or did you decide that by yourself?

It's a known issue on AHQ: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/You-re-Gonna-Need-A-Bacta-Tank-Grand-Arena-feat-healing-immunity/m-p/9126227#M39124
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    I don't know who that guy from ea is and if he is related to swgoh. In any case the devs should communicate that but...........
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    I don't know who that guy from ea is and if he is related to swgoh. In any case the devs should communicate that but...........

Would you like them to send you a hand-written note?

The EA team on that board liase directly with the SWGoH dev team, raising the issues to them that need fixed.
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member

The EA team on that board liase directly with the SWGoH dev team, raising the issues to them that need fixed.

Yes that would be great, thank you!!!

The EA team on that board if they have never played the game they could read that report and say '' yes it is bug, let's report that to the swgoh team'' and then the swgoh team would say '' no it is wai''... Are you certain that this is not the case?

Do you really think that a matter like this shouldn't be communicated? Just let us know. I am competing for top 50 in div 1 and I gave up a few banners to gain those 50 banners from the feat. I am sure there are others like me , don't you think we deserved a post at the very least saying if it is a bug or wai and if any actions will be taken?
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited May 2020

Yes that would be great, thank you!!!

The EA team on that board if they have never played the game they could read that report and say '' yes it is bug, let's report that to the swgoh team'' and then the swgoh team would say '' no it is wai''... Are you certain that this is not the case?

Do you really think that a matter like this shouldn't be communicated? Just let us know. I am competing for top 50 in div 1 and I gave up a few banners to gain those 50 banners from the feat. I am sure there are others like me , don't you think we deserved a post at the very least saying if it is a bug or wai and if any actions will be taken?

Yes I'm certain. They are the dedicated SWGoH EA staff, and they do play the game.

Once they have logged it as a bug, it's over to the studio. I agree the studio should make a post about JTR not working, as of now it relies on players communicating it to each other.
    Post edited by UdalCuain on
  • Well, as much as it sucks to not get the feat at least we know it's a bug and it has been acknowledged as such. Also, I would like to point out that a guaranteed success on applying a debuff is still attempting to do it. You attempt to apply it with a 100% chance to succeed.
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    The word attempt implies a chance to fail by definition. When the chance of success is 100% there is no attempt.
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    The word attempt implies a chance to fail by definition. When the chance of success is 100% there is no attempt.

Not in this context. The attempt part comes before the tenacity check (which is skipped in this instance, but that's actually irrelevant, or should be). It's two separate checks. Computer programming doesn't use the same logic you do. RJT's healing immunity should count for the feat.

Edit: Also, I didn't keep track, but I assume that guaranteed failures counted as well - trying to inflict buff immunity with CBM, for example.