"Pack Available" STILL covers up Territory Battles..

Prev1
Seriously.
can this get fixed, or at the very least just move the thing over to the left hand side of the screen where it won't block out guild events.

Replies

• Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Yup, and such a pointless pack at that.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Just wait until they bring up their "oops, our bad" routine and proceed to do nothing like the last time. At least we see clearly where the priorities are.
  • Malevolan
    370 posts Member
    Mawuascht wrote: »

Yup, and I bug reported it last time this was an issue too, same kinda reply, that it's a known bug.. they're just not doing anything about it.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    It's not even a bug.

This is just the way that they want the game to prioritize some things over others.

And it's terrible.

And it's fixable.

Gah.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It's not even a bug.

This is just the way that they want the game to prioritize some things over others.

And it's terrible.

And it's fixable.

Gah.

It is a bug, the first time this was reported I check with Crumb and replied to a thread about it. All packs should have lower priority than events and should be the first to go off the screen as the hyperdrive bundle does.
  • It is a bug,

That's new info. Thank you.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    It's not even a bug.

And it's terrible.

And it's fixable.

Gah.

It is a bug, the first time this was reported I check with Crumb and replied to a thread about it. All packs should have lower priority than events and should be the first to go off the screen as the hyperdrive bundle does.

It's a known bug, and they know exactly what causes it, but they haven't done a thing about it in months?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Malevolan wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    It's not even a bug.

And it's terrible.

And it's fixable.

Gah.

It's a known bug, and they know exactly what causes it, but they haven't done a thing about it in months?

Check the tracker!

What?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Omg, there is a TB going on?
  • Wow, there is a known bug? Who would’ve thought that. I hope they don’t over exert themselves to this one or the unknown number of others.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It's not even a bug.

And it's terrible.

And it's fixable.

Gah.

I'm pretty sure it hasn't been months.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    It's not even a bug.

And it's terrible.

And it's fixable.

Gah.

I'm pretty sure it hasn't been months.

Well technically I think it was first identified with the Lightspeed bundle which was released on March 10th.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I can show you how to get rid of it for $1.99.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

Is that how the end game guys do it?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

Is that how the end game guys do it?

How would I know?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF wrote: »
    It's not even a bug.

And it's terrible.

And it's fixable.

Gah.

Check the tracker!

What?

Only UI bug I see is advanced search not showing some guilds.

I reported this bug back in March I think and got an ea reply saying it was a bug but.. it's not on the tracker, and it's still an active bug.

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    It's not even a bug.

And it's terrible.

And it's fixable.

Gah.

Check the tracker!

What?

I reported this bug back in March I think and got an ea reply saying it was a bug but.. it's not on the tracker, and it's still an active bug.

The point of my post was that they stopped updating the tracker for some reason, which is super unfortunate. The tracker was a great idea and it's sad they dropped it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Malevolan
    370 posts Member
    It's not even a bug.

And it's terrible.

And it's fixable.

Gah.

Check the tracker!

What?

The point of my post was that they stopped updating the tracker for some reason, which is super unfortunate. The tracker was a great idea and it's sad they dropped it.

ah I thought you were seriously pointing out that they were doing something about it, that's a shame.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    And again. Wonder if it's going to get fixed at all. First time is mistake, second is choice. This is third...
  • as a computer programmer i personally think this is not the proper use of the term bug and it misrepresents the issue. the packs should have easy slotted numbers that you can do a query on which id is lower or higher and then you list them in ascending order based upon the id number. very simple programming. all pack ids are in the 900s so that they always sit at the bottom and all other you classify within a number system. its not rocket science.

to use the term bug for something like this makes computer programmers look like monkeys. just fix this issue please and with the few communications we do see dont insult our intelligence calling it a bug.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    @JarJarRequissa

That was more or less my thought as well. I did some professional coding 20 years ago, and only for a couple years. They keep telling me this is a bug, and I keep thinking it's not a bug, it's just a poorly designed UI. I hadn't thought it through as far as you did with the numbering, but yeah.

"Your game has a poorly designed interface" != "Your game is buggy"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    as a computer programmer i personally think this is not the proper use of the term bug and it misrepresents the issue. the packs should have easy slotted numbers that you can do a query on which id is lower or higher and then you list them in ascending order based upon the id number. very simple programming. all pack ids are in the 900s so that they always sit at the bottom and all other you classify within a number system. its not rocket science.

to use the term bug for something like this makes computer programmers look like monkeys. just fix this issue please and with the few communications we do see dont insult our intelligence calling it a bug.

Yeah not sure why anyone would call this a bug......its almost as if what you said about the indexing is an error.....and that is producing an unexpected or incorrect result.

q9v1k71322rb.jpg

I will give you this that after the error was found it is less of a bug (not really still an error in the code) and more of an issue with QA, as this should be verified and changed when new tags are made or implemented, but let's not get into saying that this does not fit a definition of a bug.
  • Monomer
    139 posts Member
    Happening for TW now too.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    And again. Wonder if it's going to get fixed at all. First time is mistake, second is choice. This is third...

I literally wouldn't have known about the territory war if I hadn't read that it did it again, thank you, and no thanks at all to CG.