Clone wars season 7

Prev1
I will watch tonight the 1st new episode

Replies

• cool story cheers
  • I will watch tonight the 1st new episode

It was pretty good. The Bad Batch will be a great addition to the game.
  • Glad we get another season, sad that it's the finale season...
  • I was more excited for s7 that I was for ep9. And so far, so good - first episode seemed a lot more packed than 23 minutes would suggest.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m

No. No more Clones.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!

No. No more Clones.

I agree!
  • Yes, more clones to go with Shaak, Cody and Sarge.
  • Hah! We will not get new chars from season 7, and if we do, it’ll be like 2 years from now
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Yes, more clones to go with Shaak, Cody and Sarge.
    It would be great to get a Domino Squad for Shaak-ti with Cutup, Hevy, Droid-Bait and maybe a generic "Clone Trainee", and then a 212th clone team with a reworked General Kenobi leadership ability tailored to them. The clones from light side Geonosis would already work for the 212th characters too.

• Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    BAD BATCH IN THIS GAME PLEASE!
  • I like it and look forward to more episodes, but I have to say I’m a bit disappointed we’re only getting 12 episodes. I just hope they’ve picked some really good ones, I know a lot of it is dedicated to an ahsoka arc on coroscaunt, and I’m trying to look forward to it, but I’d really rather just get a whole season of the actual clone wars, or at least some more arcs with characters we already know.

I know ahsoka is a very important character and that maul is getting his whole final arc, but I really wish they could show the cad bane boba arc that was teased a few years ago. I’m sure many people would agree, but I don’t know if they’re including or not. If they are great, if not, it’ll be a bit of a let down that we don’t get to see that at least animated.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Have to say not sure where this season is going, its entertaining ya, but with only 12 episodes for this "final season" they still have a lot of issues - characters and plots to tie up from when the show was cancelled.

* Maul's capture and "purpose" leading to the death of Mother Talzin.
    * Completion of Ventress' story.
    * Fate of Cad Bane (apparently at the hands of Boba Fett).
    * How Rex and Ahsoka escape Order 66.

Just these issues alone are enough to fill 12 episodes easily. I know some of the above was covered in comic book format, but that is just weak story telling if these beloved characters and plots ended that way and not continued in the medium they started, where the audience will enjoy - I mean most movie only fans had no idea Maul was still alive for his return at the end of Solo - crossing mediums in such a way is just poor.

Either they opt to leave these stories and characters to the comic books, or there will be a mass rush panic making the series a mess like TROS - either way, not good.

Fingers crossed it get done right, but I wont hold my breath.

• Boo wrote: »
    Have to say...

Didn't Ahsoka escape it by not being a jedi anymore and being nowhere near Coruscant when it happened?
    I'm more interested in what happens with her after Rebels. What happened after her fight with Darth Vader and she disappeared only to come back like a monk? What happened between Rebels and episode 9 where I guess she had died and became a Force Ghost voice?

Ahsoka to me is one of the most interesting (non) prequel characters, and in my top 10 favourite of all Star Wars media.
  • What happened between Rebels and episode 9 where I guess she had died and became a Force Ghost voice?

Well given her age & the timeline, she might have died of natural causes since, IIRC, her species ages like humans.

That said, given her age, she might not be dead at all, but just powerful enough in the force that she was talking to her while alive. We know Yoda had done that several times from Dagobah

I'm hoping we get some more info on where she & Sabine ended up in their search for Ezra.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    Have to say...

Didn't Ahsoka escape it by not being a jedi anymore and being nowhere near Coruscant when it happened?
    I'm more interested in what happens with her after Rebels. What happened after her fight with Darth Vader and she disappeared only to come back like a monk? What happened between Rebels and episode 9 where I guess she had died and became a Force Ghost voice?

Ahsoka to me is one of the most interesting (non) prequel characters, and in my top 10 favourite of all Star Wars media.

I agree - we don't need to see Order 66 again. We've all seen it in ROTS and it was impactful there.

Rex and a handful of clones we know managed to remove their "chips" thanks to the investigations and sacrifice by Fives.

Ahsoka obviously escaped Order 66 by no longer being a Jedi - she literally walked off the show. Not sure why she is back.

I liked having her show up in Rebels as a seasoned warrior and hero, with so much mystery about her from when we last saw her in Clone Wars walking off into the sunset - why she is back now seems stupid.

Ahsoka is so good, she could easily carry her own show from the events following Order 66 and the downfall of the Republic to where she does show up in Rebels - her "run-ins" with the Empire and Inquisitors would be epic while trying to live under the radar - what a great show that would be - again, not sure why they brought her back for the final season of Clone Wars. Seems wasteful.

With only 12 Episodes, when regular Clone Wars seasons are like 22 episodes - there is a lot of time wasting going on with this final season.

If they don't tie up loose ends from when the show was cancelled, then what is the point of even reviving the show?
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Seems they are just wanting to run it right to Episode 3. Not much will come of the season.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Man the last two episodes were above and beyond almost all other SW content over the years. And the soundtrack! Then it ended... Such a shame.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    What came of it? 4 episodes of the bad batch and then they disappeared. 4 episodes of the sisters that didnt really do much. Then 4 episodes that started off strong with the first two but then faded with the last.

Why didnt they dig into more of Maul?

Why not dig more into Order 66?

Why didnt it show Ahsoka react to Anakin being Vader and Maul being correct?

How did Vader get a new light saber so quick or did months pass before he went to the crashed ship?

Guess Disney is going to just throw Vader into the end or their shows now? Would love a Vader series.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    What came of it? 4 episodes of the bad batch and then they disappeared. 4 episodes of the sisters that didnt really do much. Then 4 episodes that started off strong with the first two but then faded with the last.

Why didnt they dig into more of Maul?

Why not dig more into Order 66?

Why didnt it show Ahsoka react to Anakin being Vader and Maul being correct?

How did Vader get a new light saber so quick or did months pass before he went to the crashed ship?

Guess Disney is going to just throw Vader into the end or their shows now? Would love a Vader series.

1. What else you want about maul? He may get something else during his crimson dawn times.

2. Again, what more about order 66?
    3. Ahsoka didn't know anakin was Vader. If you want to see her reaction when she finds out, go watch rebels.
    4. It clearly was months after the crash. It was a random crash site and the enpire was already organized.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    1) Did he make another light saber as he left without his. Where did he go hide?

2) perfect time to show other clones who didnt turn against their Jedi leaders

3) Maul told her he was with Sidious, figure she would want to go find out if it was true.

4) the clones were already starting to look like storm troopers in the last episode. Empire was organized once Order 66 went through.

Many cool things they could have went into besides The Bad Batch and the sisters. Just feel it was a wasted opportunity again. Just my opinion.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Well the last 4 episodes were actually really good.

All other episodes were "meh" at best and really served little to no purpose in regard to a final season.

I still believe the conclusions of characters such as Ventress, Cad Bane & Fett as well as Mother Talzin & Maul were needed.

The episodes were drawn out but never "finished" so why not finish them?

As it stands we have no idea what happened to Cad Bane - he just literally disappeared.

Ventress - read a novel, lol

Mother Talzin & Maul - read a comic, lol - too much "character development episodes were wasted on Rex and Ahsoka - while Maul got nothing. Outside of a mere comic book, we have no idea how Maul escaped from Sidious - that kinda stuff is important.

Bad Batch arc was not necessary.

Should have done Bane & Fett in like 2 episodes.

Ventress could have been done in 1 episode (unfinished episode with Ventress and Vos)

Should have done Maul & Talzin in like 3 episodes.

Ahsoka development needed to be only 2 episodes of "finding herself" after the Jedi - the whole sisters thing was so annoying.

So adding that to the final 4 episodes that were good, that would have still given us 12 episodes.
    Post edited by Boo on
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    1) Did he make another light saber as he left without his. Where did he go hide?

3) Maul told her he was with Sidious, figure she would want to go find out if it was true.

4) the clones were already starting to look like storm troopers in the last episode. Empire was organized once Order 66 went through.

Many cool things they could have went into besides The Bad Batch and the sisters. Just feel it was a wasted opportunity again. Just my opinion.

I don’t think there were many other clones who didn’t turn. Probably 99% of them didn’t know about the chip, and likely didn’t get it removed.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

I don’t think there were many other clones who didn’t turn. Probably 99% of them didn’t know about the chip, and likely didn’t get it removed.

From what we see in Rebels - Rex wasn't the only clone that got their chip removed and didn't fall in line with Order 66.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »

From what we see in Rebels - Rex wasn't the only clone that got their chip removed and didn't fall in line with Order 66.

Right but how did they get their chip removed? They haven’t explained anyone besides Rex so far.
  • Rex did take part in executing order 66. Snips had the medical droid remove the chip.