IG88 quest

Anyone know if his TB battles quest got fixed? Last quest to complete but last time I used him on DS Geo it didn’t count towards quest

Replies

• No this 1 year old bug is not fixed
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    No
  • Kudlaty
    106 posts Member
    It’s too expensive to fix it ;P
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I've pretty much given up on this one at this point. It seems like a ridiculously easy fix but they just don't seem to care about it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• IronCross
    934 posts Member
    It’s sad how they put something in the game and say here are some side things you can do. Then they don’t even fix them when it’s an easy fix in the code.
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    Fixing code is difficult and expensive. Simply adding a single word to the the original quest by an unpaid intern will be "free".

Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles
    Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Hoth Territory Battles

Now the effect matches the description and the bug is "fixed"
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Fixing code is difficult and expensive. Simply adding a single word to the the original quest by an unpaid intern will be "free".

So coding is done by word description?

Edit: I know nothing about coding
  • Tafkae
    10 posts Member
    I don’t believe he was referring to fixing the coding, but changing the wording of the quest itself to specify only Hoth TB
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Tafkae wrote: »
    I don’t believe he was referring to fixing the coding, but changing the wording of the quest itself to specify only Hoth TB

Gotcha
  • Monel wrote: »
    Tafkae wrote: »

Gotcha

Exactly. The quest's description says "Territory Battles" but due to the bug, only Hoth Territory Battles count. Therefore, if the quest's description was updated by adding one word "Hoth", the code would not have to be fixed.

Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles --> Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Hoth Territory Battles

What is surprising is that this bug is now 11 months old. Neither the code or the text of the quest has been updated. I was alluding to if the cost of fixing the bug was too expensive, then just asking one of the unpaid interns to update the quest's description would be much more cost effective.
  • You have to wonder how lazy the original coding was that it didn't anticipate future territory battles. It's insane that the achievement isn't triggered by a generalized class of battles within territory battles, but only the specific Hoth battles and nothing else.

If this is indicative as to how the entire game was programmed at the beginning, it's not terribly surprising that they are now running into problems trying to scale things. Did they not anticipate the game would be successful? Or did they assume they would have more staff in the future?
  • Fixing code is difficult and expensive. Simply adding a single word to the the original quest by an unpaid intern will be "free".

I'm worried that this genius suggestion of correcting the language to reflect the reality of the quest is going to get lost. This fix actually makes a lot of sense, if it gets seen. Sure, people unable to complete the quest because their guilds run Geonosian territory battles may still end up angry, but the amount of players reposting this concern could drop in the future. I'm not so worried about mistakes in the past (I've made a few, and I lean leniently) but we would love to see the game move forward on this issue.
  • I found a way to make the IG88 bug work.
    You leave your guild for 1 week and go in low guild to do DS Hoth TB.
    Then finish IG88 quest then go back to your guild

i9qub8dzvkua.png
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    @vincentlondon Congrats!!! That is alot of dedication to being a bounty hunter. To give up on Geo rewards and wat shards... I salute you!
  • Doesn't work in Hoth any longer. I salute you and your ability to get it done earlier!
  • Yup. Now it's just broke entirely. DS Hoth, Combat Missions, Phase 1 and 2, Payouts triggered, IG88 still standing, the works. No quest progress.
  • https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en
    If you go there, you will see a bunch of people complain on how the quest is now 100% broken.

What is irksome is that the people in charge there won't confirm that they understand that the bug being reported is not the same as before. The old big was that it didn't work in Geo.

The new bug is that it doesn't work at all, not in Hoth, not in Geo.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Please report or add to a report at Answers HQ
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>