Swtor cross over anytime soon?

2Next

Replies

• Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Lol no. I mean id love it. That Marr is cool af.

Heres the thing tho, someone either CG, EA, Lucasfilms, or Disney is reallly bad at their job. Sure they make money, but is it all the money? No its not. How come ive spent 100 bucks on final fantasy crap in the last two weeks but not Star Wars? Obviously im willing to spend on digital content. CG doesnt get my money. EA doesnt get very much (occasionally ill buy a swtor time card or a sims4 expansion for my daughter, did not purchase fallen order). Lucasfilm got me to buy 4 new dvds (guess which one i didnt get) and 5 movie tickets over what five years? And Disney gets their disney+ subscription when there's new content. Which there isnt at the moment.

Why didnt they do a cross over to promote the new xpac six months ago? Plenty of new characters that coulda been used in swgoh. Same with Fallen Order why wasnt their a promo of "preorder the game get main guy to use (and buy packs for) in swgoh!!!" Hell theres like 5 main characters and a few baddies? How come none of the marvel run comics have scratch off codes for 50 crystals to go try the game. I guess Dr Aphra isnt that popular, or inclusivity and diversity isnt a priority for CG? I mean its pretty phobic of them to have not included the open lgbt characters. But that would have been a super easy cross over event. And the thing with these characters? None of them need to be meta. Whats wrong with making fun units that are optional for people to spend on if they want their scoundrel team to be a little custom? They can still spend on um and its not like CG has limited floor space to display their products on.

So OP for me, unless someone in a suit that works for disney wants to take me out for lunch and show me the whys and why nots of the last five years of marketing direction and explain the choices made, i have to assume its because a large percentage of the marketing and financial strategy teams are lazy, short sighted, devoid of creativity hacks who got their positions and paychecks from something akin to nepotism, affirmative action, or diversity hiring. Not saying thats fact and im sure theyll be plenty of defenders coming to verb thay rhymes with wimp cg all way up to disney. But i cant see any other reason to leave lucrative low hanging fruit to rot on the vine.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Shmi?

Just stop it. No. Lol
  • T3MP3ST
    10 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    It still feels like they just finished the KOTOR stuff, so I personally would like a break from Old Republic era Legends. Although I’d never protest Darth Malgus, I really want more movie focus.

The only movie focus character we dont have is jedi luke and everyone knows jedi luke wont come until the game is about to die

- Jar Jar
    - Young Anakin
    - Queen Amidala
    - Shmi Skywalker
    - Watto
    - Sebulba
    - Captain Panaka
    - MORE CLONES!
    - Lots more Jedi
    - Mon Mothma
    - Bail Organa
    - General Dodonna
    - Admiral Piett
    - 4-LOM
    - Zuckuss
    - Jabba
    - A better Leia
    - Jedi Luke
    - Carbonite Han!
    - Snoke
    - General Leia Organa
    - Snap Wexley
    - DJ
    - BB9E
    - Lor San Tekka
    - Praetorian Guards
    - Old Lando
    - Old Luke
    - Babu Frik
    - Jannah
    - Boolio!
    - General Pryde
    - Zorii Bliss

To name a few

Some good ones on your list, but what would Shmi bring to this fighting game?

Bring crazy buffs to JKA and or Padawan Anakin, but has an effect in passive where instakilled by tusken damage. If killed this way anakin's cooldowns are reset and his next attack gains a 5X damage bonus
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    I dont even know what swotor means.
    Also i dont understand why people like old republic stuff. To me it is not part of star wars. It was never in a movie or TV show.
    I did not like all the Revan and Malak stuff in SWGOH i hope they dont put more of those
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    Also i dont understand why people like old republic stuff. To me it is not part of star wars. It was never in a movie or TV show.
    I did not like all the Revan and Malak stuff in SWGOH i hope they dont put more of those
    It means Star Wars: The Old Republic. And tastes are different, like someone before me said: diversity is a good thing. I'd prefer anything from the Old Republic era, even the least important character, over any of the sequel movie stuff. That's what doesn't belong to Star Wars for me, because I love the original sequel books from the 90s by Timothy Zahn.
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    It means Star Wars: The Old Republic. And tastes are different, like someone before me said: diversity is a good thing. I'd prefer anything from the Old Republic era, even the least important character, over any of the sequel movie stuff. That's what doesn't belong to Star Wars for me, because I love the original sequel books from the 90s by Timothy Zahn.

Not a fan of KOTOR but agree with you on the Zam trilogy. At least they used Thrawn from the books. I did not enjoy all the KOTOR stuff all at once wish would have spaced it out much further apart. The JKR & DR meta teams were the worst era of the game thus far. So glad they are not the top teams any longer.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    So star wars the old republic is coming up on its 10th anniversary, was wondering if CG would do a cross over and give us some characters like Marr from swtor kl69r6xnunsa.png
    It wouldn't interfere with the other tags since they could all be given The True Sith Empire tag or The New Sith Empire tag, this way you don't have to worry about malak, darth revan, or emperor palpatine. I mean swtor has been the most profitable star wars game for EA

Looks like a Power Rangers villain
    yg0i5v6kyvcv.png
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    IronCross wrote: »

Not a fan of KOTOR but agree with you on the Zam trilogy. At least they used Thrawn from the books. I did not enjoy all the KOTOR stuff all at once wish would have spaced it out much further apart. The JKR & DR meta teams were the worst era of the game thus far. So glad they are not the top teams any longer.

Oof you sure about that? I'm pretty sure GL's are the worst meta the game has seen since the launch

You must have forgotten the JKR vs JKR fun
  • IronCross wrote: »

Oof you sure about that? I'm pretty sure GL's are the worst meta the game has seen since the launch

You must have forgotten the JKR vs JKR fun

Oh no I haven't, but jkr didn't was no where near as annoying as the GL Rey, hell with a proper mods you can still beat JKR with the traya team, it's now damage immunity and one shot kills. I would take JKR meta over GL Rey meta any day.

These days, I'd rather climb through ten GL Rey arena teams with DR, BSF, Thrawn, Wat and GBA than fight a single JKR mirror match.

There is one unusally modded (high defense & tenacity) JKR team on my shard that climbs and snipes all day long. I time out against him with both my own relic 7 JKR and r7 Padme and my Malak-less SE are still a work in progress. I can finally reliably beat him with Shaak Troopers now, but I'll never forget those frustrating mirror matches after months of having no JKR in the top 50.
  • IronCross wrote: »

I'm pretty sure they used Thrawn from SW Rebels. That's why he's unlocked with Phoenix. His quarters in the legendary event are straight from Rebels too, complete with an art collection that includes Hera's family totem and Sabine's graffito.

xezlrcog0gu0.jpg
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member

I'm pretty sure they used Thrawn from SW Rebels. That's why he's unlocked with Phoenix. His quarters in the legendary event are straight from Rebels too, complete with an art collection that includes Hera's family totem and Sabine's graffito.

xezlrcog0gu0.jpg
    The Grand Admiral made it into Rebels and therefore into the new canon because he has always been such a great character. Zahn was pretty clear in an interview that he didn't change anything about his character from the original books when writing the new, canonical ones. It's only a different point in time, and on a different timeline. Zahn also worked close with Dave Filoni and said he did an awesome job there with showing and animating Thrawn in Rebels. It's 100% the same character. B)
  • It would be really nice.