Just a small thank you

Prev13
First of all thank you CG for adding the 2 extra attempts for the daily challenges.

This had much more impact on the farming than all of the other double drops combined,
6 extra zeta, 30+ purple mats, double the usual omegas, 30+ extra syringes and carbantis per week.
This was great and I hope to see it become a permanent feature that would greatly help newer player and the veterans.

Replies

• This was great and I hope to see it become a permanent feature that would greatly help newer player and the veterans.

It's a QoL that benefits the player, so it won't.
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    Potato211 wrote: »
    This was great and I hope to see it become a permanent feature that would greatly help newer player and the veterans.

Yeah I know, but it would be amazing if it became permanent tho right?

It would be a good step towards easing up the gear crunch yes
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member

Please do tell, which QoL changes over the course of the game have not benefited the players?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • FofoBett
    135 posts Member
    CG often get the brunt of complaints, I for one agree - thanks for May's bonuses - long may they remain!
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Please do tell, which QoL changes over the course of the game have not benefited the players?

Adding kyrotechs to ease the gear crunch.....
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Thats not a QoL change, but rather a game economy change. Any others?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    edited May 2020

Yep, I'm still waiting to vent my anger when they revert the ability to sim GW and Challenges. And for hard nodes to be reverted back to 3 attempts per day. I've had my message of contempt for CG written up for years now, waiting for the right moment to post it...

Granted, this change will likely be reverted, but "benefiting the player" is not the qualifier for whether a given change is permanent or not.
  • Not to be controversial but I actually don’t like the 8 attempts. It only causes me to farm 2 characters at a time unless I refresh. Before I was doing 4 character/ship farms a day.

Without buying refreshes which I’m not into because I’m in hoard mode for GAS and Clones if Clash ever returns.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

The subject of this thread is also not a QoL change btw.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

The subject of this thread is also not a QoL change btw.

Also a fair point, just going off the comment that no QoL enhancements that are good for players get added, which is just so far from the truth it is comical.
  • TVF wrote: »

Economy change could lead to a change in quality of life. It’s like in real world applications. More money could lead to better facilities which leads to a better quality of life.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    QoL has a specific meaning in this type of game, and has been used as such by the devs in the past. It's not related to resources.
    QoL has a specific meaning in this type of game, and has been used as such by the devs in the past. It's not related to resources.

What’s the meaning? I thought it just meant “Quality of Life” as a whole, everything to do with how people react to different things etc.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    It means how you interact with the game. What buttons you have to push, which screens you have to access to do things, etc.
    It means how you interact with the game. What buttons you have to push, which screens you have to access to do things, etc.

That’s it? Doesn’t really seem QoL, at least the QoL I know. But it is what it is I guess.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

That’s it? Doesn’t really seem QoL, at least the QoL I know. But it is what it is I guess.

Pretty sure it is a fairly standard definition in game development. Covers things that don't really change the fundamental game but make playing it easier.

Preset squads
    sim button
    faster sim timers on challenges
    collapsable buff/debuffs in battle
    battle animation speed

just to name a few
  • I agree. Thanks CG. It was a good bonuses.
  • Ryanodo
    82 posts Member
    Man, this is just another example of them being so disconnected from their player base. Shame on you guys. Really, shame on you.
  • Stalbot
    131 posts Member
    Lol
    Player base : thank you cg for the 8 attempt hard nodes and the 2 Xtra on challenges

Cg : well we got a thank you . We can turn that crap off . Back to 5 attempt hard nodes and no xtra on challenges .

• Maybe I've missed it, but have the devs ever posted something along the lines of "Thank you for the $1 billion"?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    CG: have some bonus stuff for like 20 days
    Players: should have been 21!!!!!!!!
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Maybe I've missed it, but have the devs ever posted something along the lines of "Thank you for the $1 billion"?
    Why don't you:

Make a lemonade stand
    Sell a glass of lemonade for a dollar
    and then thank me for the dollar afterwards
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Maybe I've missed it, but have the devs ever posted something along the lines of "Thank you for the $1 billion"?
    Why don't you:

Make a lemonade stand

Thanking your customers is actually customer service 101.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ZAP wrote: »
    Why don't you:

Make a lemonade stand

I know I’m old school, but it makes me sad that I think you’re right on how business is run by CG and other companies nowadays.

because they never say thank you.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/search?adv=1&search=thank+you&title=&author=&cat=7&tags=&discussion_poll=1&discussion_d=1&comment_c=1&within=1+day&date=

Maybe i'm old school, but i feel its wrong to try bash someone by saying they didn't do something that they have done.....on multiple occasions.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    Why don't you:

Make a lemonade stand

I know I’m old school, but it makes me sad that I think you’re right on how business is run by CG and other companies nowadays.

because they never say thank you.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/search?adv=1&search=thank+you&title=&author=&cat=7&tags=&discussion_poll=1&discussion_d=1&comment_c=1&within=1+day&date=

Maybe i'm old school, but i feel its wrong to try bash someone by saying they didn't do something that they have done.....on multiple occasions.

Really?

Those all say “thank you for your understanding”, “thank you for your patience”, etc.
    He asked why they haven’t thanked customers for our financial support.

Those are different things.