Revert at messed up time...

Prev134
I just lost 2 Zeta pieces (from ship challenges) waiting on my guild reset for challenges... due to the revert update that had no warning...

Replies

• I got a warning.
  • I don't know if I got a warning or not BUT it's still messed up either way. These things always happen at midnight, not mid day on the day that you get zetas for challenges. Just a disaster. Thousands will miss out on two zetas from horrible planning?
  • A little more advanced notice would have been better. But not quite surprising that the amount of communication was found to be lacking.
  • Yeah either they didn't think this through at all, or if they did they are quite figuratively poking the player base in the eye on purpose. 2 zetas, ~7 carbantis, and ~7 golden eyeballs is roughly the damage. Owwww!
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    I got my 4 zetas from the challenge at least 12 hours ago. Why you guys didnt take it ?
    There was lot of time.
    Unless you are in some special timezone but i dont know where
  • so the big update is this :) too cheap lol
  • I was waiting for my guilds reset since after it was going to be Challenges... So either I should have been selfish and get all my stuff early today or be a guildmate and wait til reset... This was so messed up...
  • Yeah, this update timing was messed up given many people save the challenges today for the Guild Activity. I mourn the loss of carbanti and zetas...
  • I read the 1st post but dont understand what that means
    I just lost 2 Zeta pieces (from ship challenges) waiting on my guild reset for challenges

What is guild reset and what has guild to do with the ship challenge? There is no connection
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    CG: In light of the Road Ahead being pushed back and the delay of content, we decided to keep the 8 hard node attempts and the extra challenge attempt until further notice, as a show of good faith. See you on the holotables!!

That is what the update should have said.....
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    Yeah, this update timing was messed up given many people save the challenges today for the Guild Activity. I mourn the loss of carbanti and zetas...

Depends where you are. Ours reset for challenges 9 hours ago.
  • same … waiting on guild challenge reset … 7-10 mk3 carbanti and 2 ability material zeta GONE ;(
  • I got a warning.

There was generic update message, that did not say what was changing. Not exactly a warning.
    That’s true.

For once, the Devs have favoured my time zone. The update happened with less than an hour before midnight, so it wasn’t an issue for me.

This is payback for the double drops earlier this month!!
  • UncleOnceler
    196 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    I got my 4 zetas from the challenge at least 12 hours ago. Why you guys didnt take it ?
    There was lot of time.
    There was lot of time.

You mean soecial like the entire west coast of the US waiting for the guild activity to swap to challenges? Like that special? No wonder people hate CG so much, even when they are trying to be kind they screw up and anger people.
  • Sorathix666
    51 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    They stated that it would end on the 28th. When you saw the update notice, the natural conclusion was that the caps would be reduced to their normal amounts. I saw the notification and made sure I completed all my necessary battles. I don't think they needed to communicate any more than they already had on this one. Players just needed to pay more attention.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/229612/content-update-05-20-2020#latest

Challenge Cap Increased
    Today’s Update increases the maximum number of Challenge Events attempts by 2 for both Fleet and Character Challenges. This increase will last until 5/28.

[Edit]
    Here's the quote for the Hard node challenges as well

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228770/content-update-05-04-2020#latest

Hard Nodes Cap Increased
    In celebration of May the 4th, from 5/4 to 5/28 the Hard Node cap has been increased from 5 to 8!
  • jbs2886
    145 posts Member
    CG - why didn't you change challenge amounts at reset. Many of us save challenges for our guild reset because of the guild daily activity. But, you lowered the challenges in the middle of the day on guild challenge activity day. So you cost me 2 zetas. Doing it on any other day would have been fine - but a zeta day?!

Honestly, do you think about your players these days?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Starting another thread on this topic when one was already there is really messed up.
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    That was DIR....TAY. CG
  • jbs2886
    145 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Starting another thread on this topic when one was already there is really messed up.

"Revert at messed up time..." really didn't give any indication that it was on the same topic. I had to go look and all the topics and only by process of elimination could tell that it was on the same topic.
  • They stated that it would end on the 28th. When you saw the update notice, the natural conclusion was that the caps would be reduced to their normal amounts. I saw the notification and made sure I completed all my necessary battles. I don't think they needed to communicate any more than they already had on this one. Players just needed to pay more attention.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/229612/content-update-05-20-2020#latest

Challenge Cap Increased
    Today’s Update increases the maximum number of Challenge Events attempts by 2 for both Fleet and Character Challenges. This increase will last until 5/28.

[Edit]

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228770/content-update-05-04-2020#latest

Hard Nodes Cap Increased
    In celebration of May the 4th, from 5/4 to 5/28 the Hard Node cap has been increased from 5 to 8!

Great, yet irrelevant. These things historically change at midnight. Doing it early is not the "natural conclusion", plus most people have lives and aren't tracking forum posts and w/e you think makes screwing thousands of players ok.
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    The 28th isn't over yet. If, it ended on the 28th that should of been midnight not now.
  • jbs2886
    145 posts Member
    They stated that it would end on the 28th. When you saw the update notice, the natural conclusion was that the caps would be reduced to their normal amounts. I saw the notification and made sure I completed all my necessary battles. I don't think they needed to communicate any more than they already had on this one. Players just needed to pay more attention.

Challenge Cap Increased

[Edit]

Hard Nodes Cap Increased

Except they didn't give us the day on 5/28 - only a partial day (at least for all of the US players). It is wholly reasonable to conclude it would last through each players' "day".
  • They stated that it would end on the 28th. When you saw the update notice, the natural conclusion was that the caps would be reduced to their normal amounts

Most events begin and end at the start and end of your own personal time zone's day. This event didn't start that way, which is probably also why it didn't end that way. But all you did was exercise your long institutional memory about They Way Things Work, you read the tea leaves properly, or you got lucky. No combination of those is good justification for getting pedantic on the forums at people who have a legitimate grievance. Yo.
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    I suppose it's midnight somewhere
  • R_Val_17 wrote: »
    The 28th isn't over yet. If, it ended on the 28th that should of been midnight not now.

Exactly...
  • Gr8One
    8 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes, but the logical thing to expect world be that both the challenge caps and hard node caps return to their normal amounts at each players daily reset, not in the middle of the day. This is how they operate the double drop timing. If they had a countdown icon on the right of the screen similar to what they do with the double drops, no one would’ve had any issues. This is just CG not thinking this through at all, and losing much of the good faith that they gained by extending the nodes to begin with. Their lack of communication on this midday update cost many of us those extra zetas and Carbantis, period. If we had known what the timing on the update was going to be, none of us would’ve held off on doing the challenges.
  • Ryanodo
    82 posts Member
    Just another modification by a company that doesn't play it's own game so doesn't understand little nuances like this. I don't know how many times I'm going to fall into their traps. We'll see on the next one I guess. Hey at least they gave use that iconic ship from The Empire Strikes Back this month, and made sure to point out where in the movie it shows up. Cause it's iconic. A true icon.
  • They stated that it would end on the 28th. When you saw the update notice, the natural conclusion was that the caps would be reduced to their normal amounts

Most events begin and end at the start and end of your own personal time zone's day. This event didn't start that way, which is probably also why it didn't end that way. But all you did was exercise your long institutional memory about They Way Things Work, you read the tea leaves properly, or you got lucky. No combination of those is good justification for getting pedantic on the forums at people who have a legitimate grievance. Yo.

Yes which is why many were screwed out of 4 zetas not just 2.
  • They stated that it would end on the 28th. When you saw the update notice, the natural conclusion was that the caps would be reduced to their normal amounts. I saw the notification and made sure I completed all my necessary battles. I don't think they needed to communicate any more than they already had on this one. Players just needed to pay more attention.

Challenge Cap Increased

[Edit]

Hard Nodes Cap Increased

Great, yet irrelevant. These things historically change at midnight. Doing it early is not the "natural conclusion", plus most people have lives and aren't tracking forum posts and w/e you think makes screwing thousands of players ok.

What things change at midnight? How is it early? Have you not noticed that CG has kept the same update time? People who aren't tracking forum posts clearly aren't putting in the level of investment to justifiably be upset at things in this game. "I'm upset because I didn't know! I could have found the information online before the event ended, but I'm upset because the information wasn't just delivered to me at my door!" Negligence isn't justification to be upset.