Revert at messed up time...

Replies

• R_Val_17 wrote: »
    The 28th isn't over yet. If, it ended on the 28th that should of been midnight not now.

No, that would be the 29th. You should acquaint yourself with CG's standard update time within your time zone.
    The 28th isn't over yet. If, it ended on the 28th that should of been midnight not now.

No, that would be the 29th. You should acquaint yourself with CG's standard update time within your time zone.

Then 1 second before midnight. CG apologists are as disconnected from reality as CG.
  • I got my 4 zetas from the challenge at least 12 hours ago. Why you guys didnt take it ?
    There was lot of time.
    Unless you are in some special timezone but i dont know where

In Australia we got stuffed by this at 8:15 in the morning. Not ridiculously early, but again, not really warned. I would have shifted my energy refreshes to the morning if I'd known.
  • herrgenma
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    I'd say my main concern is that they did not give a time for the reset. My dailies reset at 11pm EDT, so I'll use that as an example. I think they could have handled this in three ways:
    1. Reset challenges at 11pm on the 27th with normal amounts, thus I would have had no expectations.
    2. Reset challenges at 11pm on the 28th with normal amounts, allowing all of the bonus challenges to be utilized.
    3. Make a reference to a specific UTC time on the 28th in the original post.

I appreciate the time we had, but I'm certainly in the group who lost out while trying to help out my guild as I happened to not be logged in 45 minutes before the update.
  • jbs2886 wrote: »
    They stated that it would end on the 28th. When you saw the update notice, the natural conclusion was that the caps would be reduced to their normal amounts. I saw the notification and made sure I completed all my necessary battles. I don't think they needed to communicate any more than they already had on this one. Players just needed to pay more attention.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/229612/content-update-05-20-2020#latest

Challenge Cap Increased
    Today’s Update increases the maximum number of Challenge Events attempts by 2 for both Fleet and Character Challenges. This increase will last until 5/28.

[Edit]
    Here's the quote for the Hard node challenges as well

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228770/content-update-05-04-2020#latest

Hard Nodes Cap Increased
    In celebration of May the 4th, from 5/4 to 5/28 the Hard Node cap has been increased from 5 to 8!

Except they didn't give us the day on 5/28 - only a partial day (at least for all of the US players). It is wholly reasonable to conclude it would last through each players' "day".

Where is the justification for that? Have you not noticed that every single game update notification that you receive in-game has been set at the same time? They said it would end on that day, not at the end of day. Not that it would last through that day. But, end on that day. If you realize that there's a certain time that CG updates their games at, again, the natural conclusion would be that's when they rollback the caps.
  • Yeah either they didn't think this through at all, or if they did they are quite figuratively poking the player base in the eye on purpose. 2 zetas, ~7 carbantis, and ~7 golden eyeballs is roughly the damage. Owwww!

More proof that the devs don't actually play this game or are they n real guilds.
    Everyone I know in the US saves challenges for after guild reset on Thursday.
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    R_Val_17 wrote: »

28th midnight... not 29ths.
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    As in hours ago

Then 1 second before midnight. CG apologists are as disconnected from reality as CG.

Great, I'm immediately labeled as a "CG apologist" simply because I believe in reasonable complaints. There's a ton of things that CG needs to fix and get right, I don't excuse every single thing that they do. However, they communicated the date these caps would end. If you've been paying attention, you would notice that CG updates their game at a specific time. If the only reason you have to complain is negligence, then you can't justifiably complain.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    it would have been in an hour, that way someone else could have been "screwed over" instead of me imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228777/hard-node-increase/p1

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228778/time-zones-and-hard-node-attempts#latest

Just going to leave these here. Might go through each thread and see if anyone who dismissed the non-US players’ complaints is now complaining in this thread.

Sure, we could do it that way, I guess. However, that doesn't remain consistent with the time that CG typically updates their game at. Also, all players would lose out on the extra Carbantis and zetas instead of just the negligent players if we ended it at midnight at the start of the 28th.
  • paschasc wrote: »
    Yeah either they didn't think this through at all, or if they did they are quite figuratively poking the player base in the eye on purpose. 2 zetas, ~7 carbantis, and ~7 golden eyeballs is roughly the damage. Owwww!

More proof that the devs don't actually play this game or are they n real guilds.
    Serious question... is it worth it? I stopped doing that 2 years ago. What am I missing out on?
  • jbs2886
    145 posts Member
    jbs2886 wrote: »
    They stated that it would end on the 28th. When you saw the update notice, the natural conclusion was that the caps would be reduced to their normal amounts. I saw the notification and made sure I completed all my necessary battles. I don't think they needed to communicate any more than they already had on this one. Players just needed to pay more attention.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/229612/content-update-05-20-2020#latest

Challenge Cap Increased
    Today’s Update increases the maximum number of Challenge Events attempts by 2 for both Fleet and Character Challenges. This increase will last until 5/28.

[Edit]

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228770/content-update-05-04-2020#latest

Hard Nodes Cap Increased
    In celebration of May the 4th, from 5/4 to 5/28 the Hard Node cap has been increased from 5 to 8!

Except they didn't give us the day on 5/28 - only a partial day (at least for all of the US players). It is wholly reasonable to conclude it would last through each players' "day".

Where is the justification for that? Have you not noticed that every single game update notification that you receive in-game has been set at the same time? They said it would end on that day, not at the end of day. Not that it would last through that day. But, end on that day. If you realize that there's a certain time that CG updates their games at, again, the natural conclusion would be that's when they rollback the caps.

I'm not disputing that your conclusion is reasonable. But as the flood of other people reaching the same conclusion as me indicates, it is also reasonable to conclude we had our entire day. That is on CG to either clearly communicate and/or ensure what they do is compatible. You are the only one going to the mat attacking the majority who concluded otherwise.
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member

Sure, we could do it that way, I guess. However, that doesn't remain consistent with the time that CG typically updates their game at. Also, all players would lose out on the extra Carbantis and zetas instead of just the negligent players if we ended it at midnight at the start of the 28th.

We? You work there?
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member

Great, I'm immediately labeled as a "CG apologist" simply because I believe in reasonable complaints. There's a ton of things that CG needs to fix and get right, I don't excuse every single thing that they do. However, they communicated the date these caps would end. If you've been paying attention, you would notice that CG updates their game at a specific time. If the only reason you have to complain is negligence, then you can't justifiably complain.

Welcome to the forums.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jbs2886 wrote: »

Challenge Cap Increased

[Edit]

Hard Nodes Cap Increased

I'm not disputing that your conclusion is reasonable. But as the flood of other people reaching the same conclusion as me indicates, it is also reasonable to conclude we had our entire day. That is on CG to either clearly communicate and/or ensure what they do is compatible. You are the only one going to the mat attacking the majority who concluded otherwise.

I understand that is the conclusion many are reaching, however I fear it's more born out of hive mentality. I would like to see the evidence that suggests that it is reasonable to conclude that you had the entire day. From my understanding, CG declared an end date and has remained consistent on the time that they update their game at. If as a player, you do not make yourself aware of that information, you have only yourself to blame.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    paschasc wrote: »
    Yeah either they didn't think this through at all, or if they did they are quite figuratively poking the player base in the eye on purpose. 2 zetas, ~7 carbantis, and ~7 golden eyeballs is roughly the damage. Owwww!

Serious question... is it worth it? I stopped doing that 2 years ago. What am I missing out on?

Some guild coin.

We? You work there?

I meant "we" as in the hypothetical "we."

No, you are an apologist because that is exactly what you are doing for CG. Either that, or you believe you are the final word on what's "reasonable". Clearly many many people did not expect the extra 2 bonus attempts to revert mid day, and even worse on the day that many wait for the activity to change to challenges. If you can't see why people are upset and fell misled, fine, but going on about why it's fine is, . . . well, being a CG apologist.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I try to do it, some times i forget. funny part is I did them today and totally forgot about the guild reset
  • So moderator guy, are they going to fix this, or just ignore it?
  • TVF wrote: »

Some guild coin.
    Meh.

In all honesty, I stopped saving them because twice in one week I forgot to finish them on carbanti days. I decided nothing is worth the risk missing that. Ever.
  • jbs2886
    145 posts Member

Challenge Cap Increased

[Edit]

Hard Nodes Cap Increased

I understand that is the conclusion many are reaching, however I fear it's more born out of hive mentality. I would like to see the evidence that suggests that it is reasonable to conclude that you had the entire day. From my understanding, CG declared an end date and has remained consistent on the time that they update their game at. If as a player, you do not make yourself aware of that information, you have only yourself to blame.

So you came to the only reasonable conclusion? Sure, Jan. Many people have explained why, including that most things (e.g., daily drops, galactic chase, etc.) are for each players' "day" and not partial day based on update. CG should say the challenge increase is available until the update on 5/28. It is their responsibility to be clear.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    So moderator guy, are they going to fix this, or just ignore it?

Fix what?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

I try to do it, some times i forget. funny part is I did them today and totally forgot about the guild reset

a real slap in the fase for your guild!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • So moderator guy, are they going to fix this, or just ignore it?

Did they fix it when the update time screwed over everyone in Europe / Asia?
    Answer: No

No, you are an apologist because that is exactly what you are doing for CG. Either that, or you believe you are the final word on what's "reasonable". Clearly many many people did not expect the extra 2 bonus attempts to revert mid day, and even worse on the day that many wait for the activity to change to challenges. If you can't see why people are upset and fell misled, fine, but going on about why it's fine is, . . . well, being a CG apologist.

"Many people" did not make themselves aware of the time that CG updates the game at. For some people, the game updates at mid day, some it's early morning, or late evening, etc. Some people's guild activities had already reset and some haven't. CG has a consistent time, which is going to vary based on your timezone (duh). If you do not know what that time is in your area, then you can only blame yourself.