Revert at messed up time...

Replies

• So moderator guy, are they going to fix this, or just ignore it?

Did they fix it when the update time screwed over everyone in Europe / Asia?
    Answer: No

I'm going to go ahead and avoid that spoiler and assume it says "Yeah, of course they did! You know CG!"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2020
    So moderator guy, are they going to fix this, or just ignore it?

@UncleOnceler I am a full time player and volunteer moderator. I do not have any control over things like this, so no I (as in me personally) am not going to fix this.

we ping them on "issues" like this to make them aware, but updates like this are updates and not events that are setup on a timer, so its not likely to change. the update givith and the update takith away.
  • 1) they did tell us they will revert the thing on the 28th
    2) they always make those updates around 3 pm pacific time

So it was not that hard to figure out what would happen today
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    paschasc wrote: »
    Yeah either they didn't think this through at all, or if they did they are quite figuratively poking the player base in the eye on purpose. 2 zetas, ~7 carbantis, and ~7 golden eyeballs is roughly the damage. Owwww!

More proof that the devs don't actually play this game or are they n real guilds.
    Everyone I know in the US saves challenges for after guild reset on Thursday.
    Serious question... is it worth it? I stopped doing that 2 years ago. What am I missing out on?

Some guild coin.
    Meh.

In all honesty, I stopped saving them because twice in one week I forgot to finish them on carbanti days. I decided nothing is worth the risk missing that. Ever.

Ok.

I just buy more carbs with my extra guild coin.

JoyousSandyAnnelida-size_restricted.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jbs2886 wrote: »
    jbs2886 wrote: »
    jbs2886 wrote: »
    They stated that it would end on the 28th. When you saw the update notice, the natural conclusion was that the caps would be reduced to their normal amounts. I saw the notification and made sure I completed all my necessary battles. I don't think they needed to communicate any more than they already had on this one. Players just needed to pay more attention.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/229612/content-update-05-20-2020#latest

Challenge Cap Increased
    Today’s Update increases the maximum number of Challenge Events attempts by 2 for both Fleet and Character Challenges. This increase will last until 5/28.

[Edit]
    Here's the quote for the Hard node challenges as well

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228770/content-update-05-04-2020#latest

Hard Nodes Cap Increased
    In celebration of May the 4th, from 5/4 to 5/28 the Hard Node cap has been increased from 5 to 8!

Except they didn't give us the day on 5/28 - only a partial day (at least for all of the US players). It is wholly reasonable to conclude it would last through each players' "day".

Where is the justification for that? Have you not noticed that every single game update notification that you receive in-game has been set at the same time? They said it would end on that day, not at the end of day. Not that it would last through that day. But, end on that day. If you realize that there's a certain time that CG updates their games at, again, the natural conclusion would be that's when they rollback the caps.

I'm not disputing that your conclusion is reasonable. But as the flood of other people reaching the same conclusion as me indicates, it is also reasonable to conclude we had our entire day. That is on CG to either clearly communicate and/or ensure what they do is compatible. You are the only one going to the mat attacking the majority who concluded otherwise.

I understand that is the conclusion many are reaching, however I fear it's more born out of hive mentality. I would like to see the evidence that suggests that it is reasonable to conclude that you had the entire day. From my understanding, CG declared an end date and has remained consistent on the time that they update their game at. If as a player, you do not make yourself aware of that information, you have only yourself to blame.

So you came to the only reasonable conclusion? Sure, Jan. Many people have explained why, including that most things (e.g., daily drops, galactic chase, etc.) are for each players' "day" and not partial day based on update. CG should say the challenge increase is available until the update on 5/28. It is their responsibility to be clear.

Not really sure what a "Jan" is, but I certainly didn't say that I have the only reasonable conclusion. I welcomed evidence for that one particular conclusion, which there hasn't been. All of those things that the other players have explained are things that have in-game timers. There are timers for the challenges, but not specifically for cap increases. Cap increases are patched into the game via update and they will be removed as such. Updates do not occur at everyone's midnight, but at a specific time that CG has set. If you cannot make yourself aware of that, I would hope that you could understand how that is negligence.
  • jbs2886
    145 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

@UncleOnceler I am a full time player and volunteer moderator. I do not have any control over things like this, so no I (as in me personally) am not going to fix this.

we ping them on "issues" like this to make them aware, but updates like this are updates and not events that are setup on a timer, so its not likely to change. the updatith give and the updatith take away.

Well pass along this suggestion - they should be as clear as possible. So, for example, "Challenges will be increased by 2 effective on the update on May X, 2020 through the update on May X, 2020."
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Anariodin wrote: »
    I just lost 2 Zeta pieces (from ship challenges) waiting on my guild reset for challenges... due to the revert update that had no warning...

You knew today was the day for reversion

You chose guild reset challenges over zetas
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    People who paid enough attention knew that the challenges and hard nodes we’re going to be reverted today. People who paid attention also saw that both increases occurred via patches that implemented the increases immediately.

My conclusion was that they would put in a patch today to revert both. Exactly what happened. I warned my guild in advance, and told the officers of the other guilds in my alliance so they would give their guilds notice. If I was wrong, it slightly reduces the tier of guild activity. If I was right, it saves 100 zeta mats per guild. Seemed like a good bet, and turns out I was right.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    You chose guild reset challenges over zetas

Well, there's no need to choose to be *waves hands at you* that.

Obviously they didn't choose it, or they wouldn't be complaining.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Another day, another bad move by CG, and like clockwork the usual suspects blaming the players and not CG.
    Bottom line is, again, poor communication on CG’s part. Perhaps a 24 notice would’ve been nice to say

“Hiya Holotable heroes, as noted before there is going to be a reversion of the hard node cap increases, as well as the daily challenge/fleet challenge increases on 5/28. This change will be taking effect mid day, around 3:30pm PST, so please plan your attempts accordingly!”

Took me a minute write that out, on my phone, off the top of my head. Shouldn’t be too hard to ask the community manager to communicate with the community, since it’s his...you know; job.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Another day, another bad move by CG, and like clockwork the usual suspects blaming the players and not CG.
    Bottom line is, again, poor communication on CG’s part. Perhaps a 24 notice would’ve been nice to say

“Hiya Holotable heroes, as noted before there is going to be a reversion of the hard node cap increases, as well as the daily challenge/fleet challenge increases on 5/28. This change will be taking effect mid day, around 3:30pm PST, so please plan your attempts accordingly!”

Took me a minute write that out, on my phone, off the top of my head. Shouldn’t be too hard to ask the community manager to communicate with the community, since it’s his...you know; job.

how many approvals did you get on that message before posting it? ;)

j/k

he read the thread before you posted this and i told him you had a good idea. I know we have gotten heads up like this before, maybe this could be a good solution to such an issue.
  • Hey, surely the number of challenges and number of hard nodes either applies to a day or it doesn’t? Just because I was busy earlier I missed out on 2 zetas, some carbantis, some Hux shards etc..... why not make the change happen fairly at the end of everyone’s day?
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

They communicated the day it would end. CG has a consistent update time (Cap increases are patched in/out via updates). Not knowing this information, which is readily available online, means the player did not put in the effort to learn it. Could they post their content update on the forums prior to the actual update? Sure. But becoming upset because you (in general not necessarily you Ravens1113) didn't put in the time to find the information? I can't seem to justify that.
  • Thanks Ravens1113, that is exactly what would have helped prevent this problem. You are a great Community Mana... I mean community member
  • thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    You know something strange?
    I didn't see posts like this
    When this stuff began.
  • GoonerMary wrote: »
    Hey, surely the number of challenges and number of hard nodes either applies to a day or it doesn’t? Just because I was busy earlier I missed out on 2 zetas, some carbantis, some Hux shards etc..... why not make the change happen fairly at the end of everyone’s day?

Because that's not how pushing updates work. If you push an update, it happens across the board at the time that you push the update.
  • They stated that it would end on the 28th. When you saw the update notice, the natural conclusion was that the caps would be reduced to their normal amounts

Most events begin and end at the start and end of your own personal time zone's day. This event didn't start that way, which is probably also why it didn't end that way. But all you did was exercise your long institutional memory about They Way Things Work, you read the tea leaves properly, or you got lucky. No combination of those is good justification for getting pedantic on the forums at people who have a legitimate grievance. Yo.

Just now read this, but I'm not sure if I need to respond to this one if you've been following along to my other responses. But anyway, just in-case you haven't:

Cap increases aren't like other events with timers. There are/were no in-game timers associated cap increases. Cap increases are patch in and out of the game via updates. Updates occur at one specific time that CG sets, not at everyone's midnight. Not really sure why you went through such an intricate way to insult me.
  • Gr8One wrote: »
    Yes, but the logical thing to expect world be that both the challenge caps and hard node caps return to their normal amounts at each players daily reset, not in the middle of the day. This is how they operate the double drop timing. If they had a countdown icon on the right of the screen similar to what they do with the double drops, no one would’ve had any issues. This is just CG not thinking this through at all, and losing much of the good faith that they gained by extending the nodes to begin with. Their lack of communication on this midday update cost many of us those extra zetas and Carbantis, period. If we had known what the timing on the update was going to be, none of us would’ve held off on doing the challenges.

Okay, but it seems like you're aware that events like those have timers. If you happen to notice that this event doesn't have a timer, is the natural conclusion that this event will operate as other events that do have timers?

They communicated the day it would end. CG has a consistent update time (Cap increases are patched in/out via updates). Not knowing this information, which is readily available online, means the player did not put in the effort to learn it. Could they post their content update on the forums prior to the actual update? Sure. But becoming upset because you (in general not necessarily you Ravens1113) didn't put in the time to find the information? I can't seem to justify that.

So now I’m order to get information about times things happen, I have to come to the forums? I literally just learned that the cap increases were pushed through via update. The idea that I have to come to a forum to find out basic information about time is pretty absurd. I play the game, I don’t want to come read a bunch of forums. Give me that information in game. I hate coming to these toxic forums. How much of the community do you think actually comes to the forums? And how hard is it for them to tell us in game when they announce it? They push the update out through the game when turning it on and off. Why not say “it will conclude at your arena layout time” or whatever it is. The idea that casual players have to come to the forums and be aware of cadences on when stuff gets released is pretty myopic and unaware of what the player base looks like.

And for the record, I did get my challenges in
  • Just to add my voice here...with nothing new to add so I'm just upping the comment count to emphasize how bad this is.

Losing ~7 eyeballs, ~8 carbantis, 2 zetas, and possibly an omega is a big deal. They've never ended anything like this mid day before, to my memory (though I could be wrong and I haven't played as long as many of you). To those of you who predicted this, well done, no way most of us could've done so, especially when we have trained ourselves to wait on Thursdays to be good guildmates. A post in the forum to give the whole playerbase a heads up would've been awesome, but the fault here lies with CG breaking their usual pattern for things like this...and, as usual, not communicating.
  • They stated that it would end on the 28th. When you saw the update notice, the natural conclusion was that the caps would be reduced to their normal amounts

Most events begin and end at the start and end of your own personal time zone's day. This event didn't start that way, which is probably also why it didn't end that way. But all you did was exercise your long institutional memory about They Way Things Work, you read the tea leaves properly, or you got lucky. No combination of those is good justification for getting pedantic on the forums at people who have a legitimate grievance. Yo.

Just now read this, but I'm not sure if I need to respond to this one if you've been following along to my other responses. But anyway, just in-case you haven't:

Cap increases aren't like other events with timers. There are/were no in-game timers associated cap increases. Cap increases are patch in and out of the game via updates. Updates occur at one specific time that CG sets, not at everyone's midnight. Not really sure why you went through such an intricate way to insult me.

Sincere kudos for figuring that out. It makes sense once you explain it...though expecting everyone else to figure that out is unreasonable since it isn't what we're all used to. Also, you could've posted here on the forums ahead of time to give everyone a heads up, rather than wait until afterwards to comment on how stupid everyone but you is for not figuring it out.

So now I’m order to get information about times things happen, I have to come to the forums? I literally just learned that the cap increases were pushed through via update. The idea that I have to come to a forum to find out basic information about time is pretty absurd. I play the game, I don’t want to come read a bunch of forums. Give me that information in game. I hate coming to these toxic forums. How much of the community do you think actually comes to the forums? And how hard is it for them to tell us in game when they announce it? They push the update out through the game when turning it on and off. Why not say “it will conclude at your arena layout time” or whatever it is. The idea that casual players have to come to the forums and be aware of cadences on when stuff gets released is pretty myopic and unaware of what the player base looks like.

And for the record, I did get my challenges in

The idea that you have to find information in order to learn it is absurd to you? You don't have to come to these "toxic forums." There's a nice section titled: Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes News, which the developers have exclusive access to. No player can make any posts there, it's only the developers official posts. Personally, I much rather prefer the information available on the forums at all times over an annoying pop-up in-game. There is a function in your player inbox in-game that will take you straight to the forums and you can just view the developer announcements and updates. That information is there for you, all you have to do is click a few buttons. Information. At. Your. Finger. Tips.
  • This is very annoying to end it mid day and on a day when people are waiting to do the challenges for their guild. A little communication in game would have much appreciated.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

Did they fix it when the update time screwed over everyone in Europe / Asia?
    Answer: No

no one cares about those little countries!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • sledge7088 wrote: »
    This is very annoying to end it mid day and on a day when people are waiting to do the challenges for their guild. A little communication in game would have much appreciated.

As would have communication that it was beginning, but I guess half of the time zones were hurt by the random start time, and now half have been hurt by the random end time.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • I got my 4 zetas from the challenge at least 12 hours ago. Why you guys didnt take it ?
    There was lot of time.
    Unless you are in some special timezone but i dont know where
    I got my 4 zetas from the challenge at least 12 hours ago. Why you guys didnt take it ?
    There was lot of time.
    Unless you are in some special timezone but i dont know where

You mean soecial like the entire west coast of the US waiting for the guild activity to swap to challenges? Like that special? No wonder people hate CG so much, even when they are trying to be kind they screw up and anger people.
    And the rest of the world has different time zones. In my country, that guild task started earlier so this time, we're the lucky ones at the other side of the ocean. It can never be perfect for everyone, think global.
  • DragonCRC wrote: »
    They stated that it would end on the 28th. When you saw the update notice, the natural conclusion was that the caps would be reduced to their normal amounts

Sincere kudos for figuring that out. It makes sense once you explain it...though expecting everyone else to figure that out is unreasonable since it isn't what we're all used to. Also, you could've posted here on the forums ahead of time to give everyone a heads up, rather than wait until afterwards to comment on how stupid everyone but you is for not figuring it out.

My mission hasn't been to tell people they are stupid. I don't recall calling anyone such and if I have, that was not my intention. People have certainly been negligent and I think that's the main issue. If something like this occurs and it upsets you, the lesson I think to be learned is to better prepare yourself for the future. Find out what you can do that's in your power to improve next time. I fully recognize that perhaps even a majority of the playerbase does not pay attention to the forums or fully understands the cadences which CG has set. I believe that many of them simply do not care, and have a very casual play style where they just go with the flow. However, from my perspective, if it gets to the point where you become upset, that means that you are clearly more invested in the game and that means you should be paying attention. The thought of making a post to warn people, who apparently do not come to the forums for information, did not occur to me.
  • Yeah totally a crap move. I’m sure it wasn’t intentional but a really dumb oversight
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    sledge7088 wrote: »
    This is very annoying to end it mid day and on a day when people are waiting to do the challenges for their guild. A little communication in game would have much appreciated.

As would have communication that it was beginning, but I guess half of the time zones were hurt by the random start time, and now half have been hurt by the random end time.

I wonder if the two halves will join as one to celebrate the "extra" time, or to join as one angry mob to protest the "stolen" time? and where I can bet on the outcome
    Maybe End Game isn't for you