SWGOH will be banned in my country

Prev13
6sna1gd0upd4.jpgn9mwlxiknfdd.png

I am a SW fan and SWGOH player in China. This game is with me from the end of 2015. Now I heard the game will be banned in China Apple App Store, that is such a huge tragedy to me and all SWGOH players in China.

Also, I made hundreds of vedios about SWGOH on Bilibili, which is a vedio website popular among the young in China. I may have done some promotion for SWGOH before I leave.
in2d1r88hls6.png

We have nothing to do with the Decission but only surrender. Luckily I have found a way that may allow me to continue my Force Road in SWGOH, possibly, probably. If so I hope to see you again in the game and Grand Arena.

This is Millaboreus, 834-956-586

May the Force be with you and me , always.

Replies

• Why is China banning the game? That seems strange.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    CG's nanny filter wasn't restrictive enough
    Someone compared Xi to an Ugnaught
    Midichlorians turn their youth to The Dark Side
    Unspecified reasons
    Just because they can
    *shrug*
  • Horrible!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    first, they came for the jswgoh players...

to OP, (well, and CG!), that's awful
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Why is China banning the game? That seems strange.

you should look into it, they are not just banning this game. <<It looks like they are banning all games that have players interacting with players outside of china.>> I also believe the end goal is to only have games made in country, but I'm not sure if that is all part of the same plan or a later or different thing.

a few years back that also implemented a plan to have all goods made in country, this is an extension of that plan. (on some grand scale)

Edit to fix poor wording
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • MasterSeedy
    4995 posts Member
    Ugh. How awful.

Sorry you're facing this, Millaboreus.

@Kyno
    They are banning all games that have players interacting with players outside of china.

Good information, thanks, Kyno.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

you should look into it, they are not banning this game. <<They are banning all games that have players interacting with players outside of china.>> I also believe the end goal is to only have games made in country, but I'm not sure if that is all part of the same plan or a later or different thing.

a few years back that also implemented a plan to have all goods made in country, this is an extension of that plan. (on some grand scale)
    Figures. I mised 'Because geriatric, xenophobic party-poopers' from my list.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    This is actually unbelievable.
  • Censorship finds new ways..... congrats China ☹️
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Censorship finds new ways..... congrats China ☹️

Sadly its not the only country trying to find ways to do this.
  • Don't point fingers. In principle most populace at face value want to live in happy peace with each other. As soon as nuance starts getting discussed, well, the devil is in the details.

America is waging a war on Huawei right now. China has openly stated this will not go silently. It isn't just about censorship. Countries like China don't tolerate forced reliance on tech. America likes to say, "If you want this then you must use these products", and their culture responds with, "Okay if that is your style we will steal the technology and do it ourselves. "

There is blame for all. The systems are messed up

• Ricb
    7 posts Member
    Vpn is the answer
  • There is always a way around it. It's sad though that China is becoming this way even more so
  • MasterSeedy
    4995 posts Member
    @Mephisto_style
    Don't point fingers.

Of course point fingers. Refusing to point fingers is just refusing to acknowledge that anyone has any responsibility at all for anything. If the situation is complex and Trump's stupidity and trade wars are bad - and they clearly are - then point a finger at Trump or the US government or whatever. That's fine. Don't excuse the USA for its bad acts.

But even if we all agree, and I hope we do, that Trump's trade policies have been aggressively hurtful to many, including China, China still gets to choose how it responds. If it responds in a bad way, then you point fingers at China for whatever it is that they're doing wrong.

Identifying what is being done wrong and who is doing it are essential steps to creating a better future world. Choosing not to point fingers means nothing will ever change.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    From what I heard, it's more a matter of player interaction rather than trade wars. There were some protests and open discussions (the horror!) going on in animal crossing or something, so the leaders of course want to silence it.
  • DEIllidan
    4 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Let me explain roughly the notification for those who dont read chinese. It says swgoh (actually all games without ISBN) will not be available in mainland china's Apple appstore from June 30th. The current version downloaded from mainland china's appstore will be shut down after the next version update (around July 8th). So in the future players need to have a foreign (including Hong Kong) Apple ID to download this game. Also note that this only affects ios players.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

you should look into it, they are not banning this game. <<It looks like they are banning all games that have players interacting with players outside of china.>>

So you're saying that they are not banning this game but they are banning this game?
  • Waqui wrote: »

you should look into it, they are not banning this game. <<It looks like they are banning all games that have players interacting with players outside of china.>>

So you're saying that they are not banning this game but they are banning this game?

Not this one in particular, but all interactive games outside of China
    Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise ?
  • I feel bad for you... I hope you will find a way to keep on playing with us
    Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise ?
  • Deathbringer59
    562 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Its a ban on online games that are outside the great China firewall. They were already strict on what video games are allowed to play. Nothing to violent like gta, metro, and red dead are banned. Anything that mocks the Chinese government or incites its people to rebel. One or all of the homefront games are banned there. This whole new thing "apparently" had to do with animal crossing and Hong Kong protesters using it to spread their protests through the game according to news sites. Also online single players will be monitored there to.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    DEIllidan wrote: »
    Let me explain roughly the notification for those who dont read chinese. It says swgoh (actually all games without ISBN) will not be available in mainland china's Apple appstore from June 30th. The current version downloaded from mainland china's appstore will be shut down after the next version update (around July 8th). So in the future players need to have a foreign (including Hong Kong) Apple ID to download this game. Also note that this only affects ios players.

Interestingly, this also leaks that any new game mode they're launching will probably be released on July 8th, if the client isn't changing until then.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Maka_Veli wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

Not this one in particular, but all interactive games outside of China

So, you're saying it's getting banned, right?
  • DEIllidan wrote: »

Easy solution then. Get an android.
    I have a bad feeling about this.

• ZAP wrote: »
    Can you translate what that notification says in English?

1. SWGOH didn't get an IBSN in China, which is a kind of license.
    2. Players who are now using China Apple App Store won't get SWGOH anymore.
    3. After May 28, these players are banned for purchasing in the game.
    4. After July 8, these players are banned from the game forever, becasue they can't get an update in App Store.
    5. If you wanna continue, you can download the game from a non-China Apple App Store then log in through the original Game Centre ID.
  • DEIllidan wrote: »

Thx for the explanation
  • Why is China banning the game? That seems strange.

1.SWGOH didn't get a China ISBN, which is a license.
    2.EA is a foreign company
    3.Someone doesn't like ****'s money go in foreigners' hand.
  • Maka_Veli wrote: »
    I feel bad for you... I hope you will find a way to keep on playing with us

ty bro, hope to see u in GA after July 8
  • Its a ban on online games that are outside the great China firewall. They were already strict on what video games are allowed to play. Nothing to violent like gta, metro, and red dead are banned. Anything that mocks the Chinese government or incites its people to rebel. One or all of the homefront games are banned there. This whole new thing "apparently" had to do with animal crossing and Hong Kong protesters using it to spread their protests through the game according to news sites. Also online single players will be monitored there to.

Telling you the truth, we Chinese are all 3-year-old baby.

Governors say so.

No blood, no guns, no killing, no crime.
This discussion has been closed.