Dark side currency farm

What is the best node to farm dark side currency ?

Replies

• What is the best node to farm dark side currency ?

What do you mean? I think the drop rates are all the same for the tickets for Kylo’s event. From what I’ve seen doing the cheapest battles are the best.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Well they're faster anyway worse gear though.

I think OP is probably asking which 6 energy node is best.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Yes that s what i was asking
    1-A?
  • Find one that has gear you don't have 3000 of and farm that one? 6 energy is 6 energy. Drop rates are the same no matter what anecdotal evidence people plaster all over the forums. Except TVF, he has special drop rates but his dad works at CG so that does not count.
  • It is a weird question
  • Krashxxxx wrote: »
    Find one that has gear you don't have 3000 of and farm that one? 6 energy is 6 energy.
    This
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    It is a weird question

No it's not.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Krashxxxx wrote: »
    Find one that has gear you don't have 3000 of and farm that one? 6 energy is 6 energy. Drop rates are the same no matter what anecdotal evidence people plaster all over the forums. Except TVF, he has special drop rates but his dad works at CG so that does not count.

Mom, not dad.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    2F will give you options for scavenger circuit board and wiring.
  • Hortus
    621 posts Member
    What is the best node to farm dark side currency ?

If you don't have a couple of Kyrotechs stockpiled it may be best to farm 8A. It's 10 energy but you will need those pieces to gear up anyway.
  • Krashxxxx wrote: »
    Find one that has gear you don't have 3000 of and farm that one? 6 energy is 6 energy. Drop rates are the same no matter what anecdotal evidence people plaster all over the forums. Except TVF, he has special drop rates but his dad works at CG so that does not count.

Yeah, drop rates are the same. But farming lower energy nodes gets you more chances for the same amount of energy as high nodes.
    Let's just say, for example, that the drop rates are 1/3 chance. For every 3 tries, you get 1 shard (obviously sometimes it'll be zero, sometimes it might be 2, etc.). If you have 100 energy, and you farm a 10-energy node, that's 10 tries at that node. Going based on the 1/3 chance, you'll average around 3 shards for 100 energy. Now, still with that same 100 energy and drop rates, you do a 5-energy node instead of the 10-energy node. That's 20 tries for the same amount of energy. 20 tries gets you closer to 6/7 shards for 100 energy.

Given that we know drop rates are the same across the board, you can efficiently spend your energy on lower nodes, if your goal is just the resource available on those nodes.
  • Updating this thread since it was the one that came up for me when I was looking. Any node is equal since they changed the drop rates with the JML/SEE release. Farm Kyro Computer or Stun Guns as necessary.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Darth754 wrote: »
    Updating this thread since it was the one that came up for me when I was looking. Any node is equal since they changed the drop rates with the JML/SEE release. Farm Kyro Computer or Stun Guns as necessary.

So it scales off energy spent now?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    RTS wrote: »
    Darth754 wrote: »
    Updating this thread since it was the one that came up for me when I was looking. Any node is equal since they changed the drop rates with the JML/SEE release. Farm Kyro Computer or Stun Guns as necessary.

So it scales off energy spent now?

Correct.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Thanks Kyno!
  • Stun guns are only farmable on dark side ... Also I usually get 1 crystal for a 20 energy hard side node
  • DS normal 9C and 9D are nice nodes, I think. Might just be the toons I am currently focused on gearing but I find them nice to farm.
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Well I've got a lot of kyros after grinding tickets for SEE. I'm happy with my choice, even if I do hate the ticket system.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • I farmed a stun gun node on normal, helped with the stun gun crunch for a while
  • TVF wrote: »
    It is a weird question

No it's not.

You usually provide more logical answers. I think your explanation above is evidence the OP's question was weird.
    TVF wrote: »
    Well they're faster anyway worse gear though.

I think OP is probably asking which 6 energy node is best.

If you have to speculate as to what he means then I think deep-down you agree but are unable to hide your sophist nature.