Who to farm in Cantina store.

2Next

Replies

• Desertfox1024
    207 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Geo Spy is in every aspect superior.
    His basic hits harder, and has higher CC.
    His special can deal five times more damage than Geo Soldier when used properly, which means one-shot potential.
    Geo Spy's second special (soldier doesn't even has one) exposes all enemies and grants potency up to all allies, which is a very useful buff.
    Considering passives, Geo Soldier's boost CC and gains TM when scoring a crit. Ironically, even after the boost, Spy's CC is still higher if you mod him properly. Spy's passive grants stealth (3 turns!!!) at the start of each battle and whenever he scores a crit (almost constantly), which works as he reverse of taunt. This means that it is near impossible for enemies to hit him. Even better, this passive also grants 35%TM whenever any Geo ally inflicts a debuff. Also means that he'll get an extra turn after using his second special (35%TM x5)
    His ship is also better.
    So up til now everything about Spy (literally everything) is already superior to Soldier.
    Not to mention that if you use Soldier, Bastila and First order and many common teams will counter you, and you'll have a hard time even fighting Phoenix. But with Spy, you counter nearly every starter team. I prefer a 4-star Spy to a 6-star Soldier. This translates into the difference between Arena rank 500 and Arena rank 1000.
  • Do you know if I could have any strong allies to help me with the dark side cantina battles?
  • Geo Spy is in every aspect superior.
    His basic hits harder, and has higher CC.
    His special can deal five times more damage than Geo Soldier when used properly, which means one-shot potential.
    Geo Spy's second special (soldier doesn't even has one) exposes all enemies and grants potency up to all allies, which is a very useful buff.
    Considering passives, Geo Soldier's boost CC and gains TM when scoring a crit. Ironically, even after the boost, Spy's CC is still higher if you mod him properly. Spy's passive grants stealth (3 turns!!!) at the start of each battle and whenever he scores a crit (almost constantly), which works as he reverse of taunt. This means that it is near impossible for enemies to hit him. Even better, this passive also grants 35%TM whenever any Geo ally inflicts a debuff. Also means that he'll get an extra turn after using his second special (35%TM x5)
    His ship is also better.
    So up til now everything about Spy (literally everything) is already superior to Soldier.
    Not to mention that if you use Soldier, Bastila and First order and many common teams will counter you, and you'll have a hard time even fighting Phoenix. But with Spy, you counter nearly every starter team. I prefer a 4-star Spy to a 6-star Soldier. This translates into the difference between Arena rank 500 and Arena rank 1000.

Geo spy is very good, but I personally have gone away from the Geos in my Separatist journey(level 70 now). I have replaced Geo Soldier with B2 Super Battle Droid and am in the process of replacing Poggle with Asajj Ventress. I took them out because they are best when surrounded by other Geos, which you are doing by bringing in the Spy, and eventually, eventually, finishing off the team way later with the rest of the Geos. This is not better or worse, its just different. This will help me get GAS in the future, but Geos are a better team than Nute Separatists.
    Just thinking out loud here I guess.
    Good luck
  • In the end your going to need all 5 Geos, all 5 Droids, and likely going to have 4 of 5 humanoids. (Wat is long game)

Its hard to imagine any Sep NOT being farmed eventually, Maybe Dooku, but that is it.
    And its not that Dooku is bad at all, just that he's not as "required" as the rest are.
  • do you think ima gun di is a good toon? because I cleared galactic war for the first time today(my first two days of gw i was beaten at the last battle) and if I cleared t today it is mostly thanks to him and his talent jedi stratege who let me with him ezra jedi consular constantly counter-attacking. In addition i didn t farm him because of the bronzium pack chance. and I would like some advice on how to use BOba Fett since I am on the road to unlock him tomorrow.
  • do you think ima gun di is a good toon? because I cleared galactic war for the first time today(my first two days of gw i was beaten at the last battle) and if I cleared t today it is mostly thanks to him and his talent jedi stratege who let me with him ezra jedi consular constantly counter-attacking. In addition i didn t farm him because of the bronzium pack chance. and I would like some advice on how to use BOba Fett since I am on the road to unlock him tomorrow.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but he's terrible on the long run. Earlier this year Ahnald posted a video about beating relic 5 Ima-Gun Di lead with Dooku (not a very powerful Dooku either). It was literal slaughter. Ended in 3 turns. Use him for now, sure, but don't waste gear on him. For Boba, what team are you using him with?
  • For Boba I would need some advice for which team to use with him because in squad arena i farm nute, galactic war Poggle, cantina store chopper, I would need some advice with who to use him. Because I would think for the seps, farm them all to 5 stars, then start Phoenix and when phoenix would be 5 stars I would go Bounty hunters, with more farming possibilities with the fleet store. Besides for credit heist I could use him with a desperate team leaded by boba, nute and clone wars chewbacca...
  • Desertfox1024
    207 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    One thing I would like to point out (another common mistake): When you want to get a legendary, NEVER just aim at unlock. AIM AT SEVEN STARS. So in short, focus on either Phoenix OR Seppies, and get them and the legendaries involved to seven stars ASAP. It's the only way to stay competitive. Though if you insist, Boba's best in a BH team, but he's often used in early game as well. Many use him with Vader (both inflicts ability block and DoT, and Vader benefits from debuffs). Though you really can't unlock his full potential without a BH team.
    Also, after you unlock a legendary, you first priority are the toons the synergize with that legendary (what that legendary's best used with)
  • One thing I would like to point out (another common mistake): When you want to get a legendary, NEVER just aim at unlock. AIM AT SEVEN STARS. So in short, focus on either Phoenix OR Seppies, and get them and the legendaries involved to seven stars ASAP. It's the only way to stay competitive. Though if you insist, Boba's best in a BH team, but he's often used in early game as well. Many use him with Vader (both inflicts ability block and DoT, and Vader benefits from debuffs). Though you really can't unlock his full potential without a BH team.
    Also, after you unlock a legendary, you first priority are the toons the synergize with that legendary (what that legendary's best used with)

For the bh i am farming in the guild store dengar. is he worth in a boba team with IG-88 and Cad Bane?
    Thanks
  • An udate of my roster:
    n9cm8gi6ogxc.png
  • An udate of my roster:
    n9cm8gi6ogxc.png

I think you just need to make a choice. Either pick Separatists or Phoenix. If you pick Separatists, then get them all to 7 stars, and unlock 7 star Padme. Then, focus on Padme’s team, which is Padme, JKAnakin, Ahsoka, General Kenobi, and C3PO/GMYoda. (This team is very powerful)
    Or if you go for Phoenix, then get all your Phoenix guys to 7 stars and unlock 7star Palpatine and Thrawn. Then use them, Vader and two others (Tarkin and TIE pilot maybe) and make an Empire team, and unlock R2D2. Then use R2 to unlock Commander Luke Skywalker, then focus on his team of Luke, Han, Chewie(who you get from bounty hunters, there you go) R2D2, and C3PO/Old Ben. (This team is also very good.)
    I think you should pick what you’re going to do and stick to it. Put all your gear into and only really farm shards for those specific characters you’re going to do.
    Note: not everyone who goes the Phoenix route goes for Commander Luke, but I think that’s the best thing to do after, and especially since you like bounty hunters, then you can get Chewbacca, who is a big part of that team.
  • An udate of my roster:
    n9cm8gi6ogxc.png

I think you just need to make a choice. Either pick Separatists or Phoenix. If you pick Separatists, then get them all to 7 stars, and unlock 7 star Padme. Then, focus on Padme’s team, which is Padme, JKAnakin, Ahsoka, General Kenobi, and C3PO/GMYoda. (This team is very powerful)
    Or if you go for Phoenix, then get all your Phoenix guys to 7 stars and unlock 7star Palpatine and Thrawn. Then use them, Vader and two others (Tarkin and TIE pilot maybe) and make an Empire team, and unlock R2D2. Then use R2 to unlock Commander Luke Skywalker, then focus on his team of Luke, Han, Chewie(who you get from bounty hunters, there you go) R2D2, and C3PO/Old Ben. (This team is also very good.)
    I think you should pick what you’re going to do and stick to it. Put all your gear into and only really farm shards for those specific characters you’re going to do.
    Note: not everyone who goes the Phoenix route goes for Commander Luke, but I think that’s the best thing to do after, and especially since you like bounty hunters, then you can get Chewbacca, who is a big part of that team.

Exactly. You can't go farming everything, that's the worse thing you can do. Make up your mind.
  • Saxguru
    69 posts Member
    An udate of my roster:
    n9cm8gi6ogxc.png

I am going the Phoenix path, then Jedi for yoda and will use Thrawn and palp to make a good dark side team to farm.

I have been building up Ahsoka along with my Phoenix team. I am 9 days in, level 46 and things seem to be going well. I am also having fun learning the Phoenix team.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    A lot of the above is good advice. I have some other opinions, but it's not like anything you've been told is wrong or bad or not helpful. I just have different opinions.

That said, it sounds like you're a bit confused between what are called "Cantina Battles" and what are called "Light Side Battles" and "Dark Side Battles". I say this because you mentioned "Dark Side Cantina battles" - which is not a thing. The whole game takes place within a cantina, but only one table is "Cantina Battles". I don't want you to take the wrong advice because you misunderstood something.

Now that you have that distinction in mind, Fives is not available in "Cantina Battles". But he is available from "Dark Side Battles" and also in the "Cantina Battles Shipments" (one of the stores).

Good luck with everything!
  • I said it before, I'll say it again.

In the Cantina Store the only 2 people you want to farm are Chopper & Boba.
    Till those 2 are 7* just focus on them.

Open Chopper to 2* for Phoenix
    Open Boba to 4* for Credit Heists & Dark Side Battles Use w/ Seps or any other DS toons.
    Grind Chopper to 7*
    Grind Boba to 7*

Until those 4 steps are done, there is nothing else to do in Cantina Store :)

There are other good characters in there but those 2 should be the very first 2 that any new person opens in this game.

For Cantina Battles (Red Energy) its 3 main characters to start with.

Open/Grind them in the following order.

Ezra to 2*
    Hera to 2*
    Ezra to 5*
    Hera to 5*
    Kylo-U to 4*
    Ezra to 7*
    Hera to 7*
    Kylo-U to 7*

Those 3 are the most efficient starting method you can have in the early game.

• khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Geo Spy can one shot using his special attack. He’s the one that most people fear going up against especially when he goes into stealth.

The Geos themselves are very annoying team at the end. Swarming attacks all the time, restoring health/protection, two annoying tanks with taunting abilities.

So yeah, I would farm Geo Spy if you are building a sep team. He’s useful more in a Geos team though.
  • For the separatist, they are amazing. Dooku gives so much stuns and ability blocks but for geo spy he is a too long farm so before starting it i am going to change geo spy with Asajj Ventress who is from my point of view, had her in my ancient account, amazing! She hits so much damage and stuns that I think like I am getting 15 shards on a two day basis farm her in squad arena alternating her with Nute now that I have Nute Gunray.
  • Roster Update: Separatist going well with bounty hunters slowly forming up.
    (I had a lot of characters in Bronzium data cards I did not farm them.) I am almost at at a Full Asajj Ventress unlock: T shards missing.)
    2v8jsmlmdxfa.png
    And I have a question. Is this good damage on a rancor raid?0uoss586m7he.png
    Thanks

• jawa7778
    283 posts Member
    Roster Update: Separatist going well with bounty hunters slowly forming up.
    (I had a lot of characters in Bronzium data cards I did not farm them.) I am almost at at a Full Asajj Ventress unlock: T shards missing.)
    2v8jsmlmdxfa.png
    And I have a question. Is this good damage on a rancor raid?0uoss586m7he.png
    Thanks

That damage is okay for the characters you have I think. Once you get CLS you can do the entire raid by yourself but for where you are now I think you’re good.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    I would say that's great damage on the Rancor for having zero mods and your roster. Be proud of that.

Nice work so far!
  • You seem to be doing great @ArcTrooperFives66
    For that raid it's awesome damage considering your current roster. You're progressing fast :wink:
  • ArcTrooperFives66
    38 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    txya93znyucn.png

And that is Rancor Raid for 4 stars phase 1 with the Gamorean Captain, brute and guard requirements with gear 7 Dooku and moded separatist and vader...
  • @ArcTrooperFives66 I think getting Ventress is a great idea! She does a ton of damage, especially at higher gear levels, which is something your team otherwise is a little lacking. Keep it up :smile:
  • I think Seps are a great place to start! Most players go for phoenix first as they're probably easier to farm and will lead to 2 good legendary's so you'll want them at some point but seps are a lot of fun to use especially with nute's leadership plus seps lead to Padme who is one of the best teams in the game.

Looks like you're making good progress :) hope you're enjoying the game!
  • Update: Now I am level 72 and I curretly have my seppies all at 5 stars except poggle at 7 a full 501st team and Grand Master Yoda.
  • @ARCTrooperFives

Nice work. It doesn't always get easier, but it is more fun when you have more characters and unlock more things to do with them!
  • if you want ability mats then do the ability mat challenges, they give you lots of them
    no longer a f2p since i bought the hyperdrive bundle