SWGOH will be banned in my country

Replies

• Don't point fingers. In principle most populace at face value want to live in happy peace with each other. As soon as nuance starts getting discussed, well, the devil is in the details.

America is waging a war on Huawei right now. China has openly stated this will not go silently. It isn't just about censorship. Countries like China don't tolerate forced reliance on tech. America likes to say, "If you want this then you must use these products", and their culture responds with, "Okay if that is your style we will steal the technology and do it ourselves. "

There is blame for all. The systems are messed up

There is no one to blame. No one can fight against to the Power. We normal ppl just find a way to survive, it is enough.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    From what I heard, it's more a matter of player interaction rather than trade wars. There were some protests and open discussions (the horror!) going on in animal crossing or something, so the leaders of course want to silence it.

dude you know, there is something unsayable.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Why is China banning the game? That seems strange.

you should look into it, they are not banning this game. <<It looks like they are banning all games that have players interacting with players outside of china.>> I also believe the end goal is to only have games made in country, but I'm not sure if that is all part of the same plan or a later or different thing.

a few years back that also implemented a plan to have all goods made in country, this is an extension of that plan. (on some grand scale)

Actually some good EA games were all banned here these years, they said you didn' get a ISBN.

sim city, the sim, now swgoh, maybe next, fallen order.

If you don't cooperate with a China game company and give benefit to the Power, you will never have a legal place here.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Maka_Veli wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

you should look into it, they are not banning this game. <<It looks like they are banning all games that have players interacting with players outside of china.>>

So you're saying that they are not banning this game but they are banning this game?

Not this one in particular, but all interactive games outside of China

So, you're saying it's getting banned, right?

Yes
    Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise ?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Mephisto_style
    Don't point fingers.

Of course point fingers. Refusing to point fingers is just refusing to acknowledge that anyone has any responsibility at all for anything. If the situation is complex and Trump's stupidity and trade wars are bad - and they clearly are - then point a finger at Trump or the US government or whatever. That's fine. Don't excuse the USA for its bad acts.

But even if we all agree, and I hope we do, that Trump's trade policies have been aggressively hurtful to many, including China, China still gets to choose how it responds. If it responds in a bad way, then you point fingers at China for whatever it is that they're doing wrong.

Identifying what is being done wrong and who is doing it are essential steps to creating a better future world. Choosing not to point fingers means nothing will ever change.

Let's not go more down this rabbit hole on this Forum, but the more you look into what they are doing and do on a regular basis, China is a different level on many things of this nature. What is going on there is way more planned and has existed before the current situation, it is much less reactionary than you seem to be making it out to be.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

you should look into it, they are not banning this game. <<It looks like they are banning all games that have players interacting with players outside of china.>>

So you're saying that they are not banning this game but they are banning this game?

I can't tell if you keep going on about this because you're the only one who doesn't understand, or you're trying really hard to make a very unimportant point that no one else cares about.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    Pretty worrying really.
    China slapped a trade tariff on Australia because of perceived criticism of the Chinese government's handling of the pandemic.
    At a time of what should be contrition, the Chinese government is flexing its muscles.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    This is all because of animal Crossing and the HK situation. it's happening across the board with all online games, not just swgoh.

Hope the original poster finds some kind of workaround.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Don't point fingers. In principle most populace at face value want to live in happy peace with each other. As soon as nuance starts getting discussed, well, the devil is in the details.

America is waging a war on Huawei right now. China has openly stated this will not go silently. It isn't just about censorship. Countries like China don't tolerate forced reliance on tech. America likes to say, "If you want this then you must use these products", and their culture responds with, "Okay if that is your style we will steal the technology and do it ourselves. "

No one can fight against to the Power.

Tell that to the Zhao, the Qin, the Han, the Han again, the Jin, the Sui, the Tang, the Song, the Yuan, the Ming, the Qing, and Chiang Kai-Shek.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I can't tell if you keep going on about this because you're the only one who doesn't understand, or you're trying really hard to make a very unimportant point that no one else cares about.

Just one of many things you can't tell.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Just one of many things you can't tell.

Oh I can tell, I was just trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. We all know what you're doing.
  • So sorry to hear this. Hopefully you can find a way to keep playing!
  • @Mephisto_style
    Don't point fingers.

Of course point fingers. Refusing to point fingers is just refusing to acknowledge that anyone has any responsibility at all for anything. If the situation is complex and Trump's stupidity and trade wars are bad - and they clearly are - then point a finger at Trump or the US government or whatever. That's fine. Don't excuse the USA for its bad acts.

But even if we all agree, and I hope we do, that Trump's trade policies have been aggressively hurtful to many, including China, China still gets to choose how it responds. If it responds in a bad way, then you point fingers at China for whatever it is that they're doing wrong.

Identifying what is being done wrong and who is doing it are essential steps to creating a better future world. Choosing not to point fingers means nothing will ever change.

I am going to choose to not point fingers at Donald Trump on an internet game forum. That is quite possibly the most effective way to derail this thread. I don't disagree with what you wrote, I just know how effective those discussions in-person or on the internet statistically are.
  • What about using a VPN to change your location. I hear that a VPN will let you have access to restricted content in your location. May not be ideal, but at least you can still play.
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    You dont need vpn to access another country apple appstore. So he can just change this. He will not be able to purchase anything of course becouse he would need credit card from that country he sets. But free apps can be downloaded without any issues.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    That is quite possibly the most effective way to derail this thread.
    Don't point fingers. In principle most populace at face value want to live in happy peace with each other. As soon as nuance starts getting discussed, well, the devil is in the details.

• AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Gifafi wrote: »

WUT

Not hard to understand and the second paragraph is pretty much bang on. In the UK, Huawei is barred from our 5G network.

Edit* not barred but has a limited scope that is likely to be scaled down over security concerns.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Mephisto out here acting like the cousin at a bbq with the edgy opinions nobody cares to hear. Making all sorts of sense, per usual
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »

WUT

Not hard to understand and the second paragraph is pretty much bang on. In the UK, Huawei is barred from our 5G network.

Edit* not barred but has a limited scope that is likely to be scaled down over security concerns.

it's almost as if civilized countries are against the biggest thieves on the planet stealing even more, but that wasn't the point of my WUT to meph
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member

WUT

it's almost as if civilized countries are against the biggest thieves on the planet stealing even more, but that wasn't the point of my WUT to meph

In which case perhaps you could explain further?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

WUT

meph acting like china is the victim who is just responding to the US
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »

WUT

meph acting like china is the victim who is just responding to the US

I don't know how you get that from what I said. Both the populaces are victims from corrupt governments that are corrupted by powerful business leaders that buy legislation and foreign policy, in both countries. It leads to policy and economic conflict and the masses pay for it in every way, literally. If 2 populaces on the precipice of a nuclear war had to answer the question, "Would you prefer to execute both government's leaderships instead because they are responsible for the corruption and abject failure that led to this?" The answer would always be yes. The majority of Americans could out-of-sight out-of-mind g.a.f. about China, and the majority of Chinese could out-of-sight out-of-mind g.a.f. about Americans. Like, dislike, hatred, and love are all verbs that don't even apply to the relationships between these humans. The percentage and amount of which both of these populaces think about each other more than they think about Uganda is still pretty marginal. The relationshipping is done by our failing governments, and they are in-part failing for different reasons.

The people to blame are our leaders, but that isn't going to get anywhere on an open-internet forum. I'd have more success convincing you in my classroom or at a bar table over a beer.
  • FlareStorm wrote: »
    So sorry to hear this. Hopefully you can find a way to keep playing!

ty bro. i now can continue playing but i can't do purchase. hope some1 can solve this that i log in a HongKong game with a China game center id.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    The real victim here is CG

Less packs purchased

This feels like it was made sarcastically, but it will definitely be a way that it impacts all players. Obviously this is the worst for players based in China because they lose easy access to the game, however losing a potentailly large chunk of the playerbase at one time could definitely affect the games profitability (which would be felt be everyone, especially if it is a very large income stream).

In short, losing all these players (and revenue) is bad for everyone, most of all the players in China.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member

You get that people are trying to point out some context, right?

Saying “China banned SWGOH!” is a very different message than “China has changed laws, resulting in bans on a number of online games of which SWGOH is included”.

Especially on these forums. The context is to identify that this was not a targeted ban against THIS game in particular.

I feel like this should be (and is) evident to most people here, but you seem to be unclear for some reason.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »

You get that people are trying to point out some context, right?

Saying “China banned SWGOH!” is a very different message than “China has changed laws, resulting in bans on a number of online games of which SWGOH is included”.

Especially on these forums. The context is to identify that this was not a targeted ban against THIS game in particular.

I feel like this should be (and is) evident to most people here, but you seem to be unclear for some reason.

As previously stated, Waqui is not unclear on the issue, Waqui is trying to make an irrelevant point that only Waqui could possibly care about, which is entirely pedantic.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    The real victim here is CG

Less packs purchased

This feels like it was made sarcastically, but it will definitely be a way that it impacts all players. Obviously this is the worst for players based in China because they lose easy access to the game, however losing a potentailly large chunk of the playerbase at one time could definitely affect the games profitability (which would be felt be everyone, especially if it is a very large income stream).

In short, losing all these players (and revenue) is bad for everyone, most of all the players in China.

I was being sarcastic, yes, but at the same time, this will probably affect the game as a whole.

It all depends on how much revenue will be lost, whether a deal can be struck and then what CG does to offset the loss.

inb4 more packs
This discussion has been closed.