SWGOH will be banned in my country

13Next

Replies

• sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    FlareStorm wrote: »
    So sorry to hear this. Hopefully you can find a way to keep playing!

ty bro. i now can continue playing but i can't do purchase. hope some1 can solve this that i log in a HongKong game with a China game center id.

The ban only means you can’t update your game client or make purchase with a china store Apple ID. You can create a new Apple ID in Hong Kong or USA, then you can update your clients. In order to make purchase, I think you do need transfer your account to a non-China based Apple ID.

• vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    To change country with apple store you need a valid credit card from the other country
    So it’s not that easy.

Plus everytime you switch country it messes up with your apple content for few hours (sometimes even a day), the time it takes to synchronize the content with your new region
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Don't point fingers. In principle most populace at face value want to live in happy peace with each other. As soon as nuance starts getting discussed, well, the devil is in the details.

America is waging a war on Huawei right now. China has openly stated this will not go silently. It isn't just about censorship. Countries like China don't tolerate forced reliance on tech. America likes to say, "If you want this then you must use these products", and their culture responds with, "Okay if that is your style we will steal the technology and do it ourselves. "

There is blame for all. The systems are messed up

WUT

Not hard to understand and the second paragraph is pretty much bang on. In the UK, Huawei is barred from our 5G network.

Edit* not barred but has a limited scope that is likely to be scaled down over security concerns.

it's almost as if civilized countries are against the biggest thieves on the planet stealing even more, but that wasn't the point of my WUT to meph

In which case perhaps you could explain further?

meph acting like china is the victim who is just responding to the US

I don't know how you get that from what I said. Both the populaces are victims from corrupt governments that are corrupted by powerful business leaders that buy legislation and foreign policy, in both countries. It leads to policy and economic conflict and the masses pay for it in every way, literally. If 2 populaces on the precipice of a nuclear war had to answer the question, "Would you prefer to execute both government's leaderships instead because they are responsible for the corruption and abject failure that led to this?" The answer would always be yes. The majority of Americans could out-of-sight out-of-mind g.a.f. about China, and the majority of Chinese could out-of-sight out-of-mind g.a.f. about Americans. Like, dislike, hatred, and love are all verbs that don't even apply to the relationships between these humans. The percentage and amount of which both of these populaces think about each other more than they think about Uganda is still pretty marginal. The relationshipping is done by our failing governments, and they are in-part failing for different reasons.

The people to blame are our leaders, but that isn't going to get anywhere on an open-internet forum. I'd have more success convincing you in my classroom or at a bar table over a beer.

lol @ pretending the us and china are somehow the same. I hope it's not a political science classroom
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Don't point fingers. In principle most populace at face value want to live in happy peace with each other. As soon as nuance starts getting discussed, well, the devil is in the details.

America is waging a war on Huawei right now. China has openly stated this will not go silently. It isn't just about censorship. Countries like China don't tolerate forced reliance on tech. America likes to say, "If you want this then you must use these products", and their culture responds with, "Okay if that is your style we will steal the technology and do it ourselves. "

There is blame for all. The systems are messed up

WUT

Not hard to understand and the second paragraph is pretty much bang on. In the UK, Huawei is barred from our 5G network.

Edit* not barred but has a limited scope that is likely to be scaled down over security concerns.

it's almost as if civilized countries are against the biggest thieves on the planet stealing even more, but that wasn't the point of my WUT to meph

In which case perhaps you could explain further?

meph acting like china is the victim who is just responding to the US

I don't know how you get that from what I said. Both the populaces are victims from corrupt governments that are corrupted by powerful business leaders that buy legislation and foreign policy, in both countries. It leads to policy and economic conflict and the masses pay for it in every way, literally. If 2 populaces on the precipice of a nuclear war had to answer the question, "Would you prefer to execute both government's leaderships instead because they are responsible for the corruption and abject failure that led to this?" The answer would always be yes. The majority of Americans could out-of-sight out-of-mind g.a.f. about China, and the majority of Chinese could out-of-sight out-of-mind g.a.f. about Americans. Like, dislike, hatred, and love are all verbs that don't even apply to the relationships between these humans. The percentage and amount of which both of these populaces think about each other more than they think about Uganda is still pretty marginal. The relationshipping is done by our failing governments, and they are in-part failing for different reasons.

The people to blame are our leaders, but that isn't going to get anywhere on an open-internet forum. I'd have more success convincing you in my classroom or at a bar table over a beer.

lol @ pretending the us and china are somehow the same. I hope it's not a political science classroom

Okay, I'll bite. No, science. But out-of-curiosity, let's go with your connated inequity. Let's say they are not the same. Let's say on a spectrum scale of egregiousness of blame for the tech-war that is going on I will place the balance at 70% Chinese govt. 30% U.S. govt. That seems more than generous enough to give your perspective argumentative flexibility.

Now let me ask, what do you do with that? Now that you have been granted a very generous 70/30 split that "Merica is great" explain how that changes any single point of what I have said at all. You mock what I wrote with "glad it isn't a political science class" where had you made your comment in a class out-load it would've been the least contributing comment of the discussion. You can do nothing with it, even when I grant you the false assumption of being correct.
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    I hate Twitter
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Piewalker
    200 posts Member
    first they create a global pandemic and now this?!
  • Piewalker
    200 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    appreciate this policy is apparently applying to all non-native games but the Chinese Government should really make an exception for CG, they share the same initials and the same unreliable communications.

and censorship apparently @Kyno ;)
    Post edited by Piewalker on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ZAP wrote: »
    Why does this only affect iOS?

Because the Google play store is "not available" in China.

• sloweagle wrote: »
    FlareStorm wrote: »
    So sorry to hear this. Hopefully you can find a way to keep playing!

ty bro. i now can continue playing but i can't do purchase. hope some1 can solve this that i log in a HongKong game with a China game center id.

The ban only means you can’t update your game client or make purchase with a china store Apple ID. You can create a new Apple ID in Hong Kong or USA, then you can update your clients. In order to make purchase, I think you do need transfer your account to a non-China based Apple ID.

My HongKong ID works well and I did several purchase before. But still when I log in I can't see anything to buy which uses cash. Mayb there are problems that I log in A-area game with a B-area GameCenter ID.
  • Kyno wrote: »

The very last way for me is to use Google and Android. Indeed, Google was illegal since a long time ago in my country, but with vpn it seems to be a quite safe and stable way for my ppl.

Now my problem is, I download SWGOH from HongKong store, my HK ID is well, my visa card is available, then I log in with my original GameCenter ID which was bound to my China Apple ID, I can't do purchase.

Hope you could help me.
  • wazabi
    3 posts Member
    As others have said, this isn’t a new thing that just occurred. China requires that games with in-app purchases be licensed. However, many publishers have used loopholes to get around the license requirement for several years. Earlier this year, it was announced that the requirement would be more tightly enforced and June 30th was the deadline to be compliant. Sounds like most larger companies have the resources to get the license, or they partner with a China company to get a license.

For whatever reason, CG/EA did not pursue or was denied the license. I don’t if it’s an problem for SWGOH, but some games have licensing issues because their in-app purchase model runs afoul with China’s anti-gambling rules. Or perhaps CG/EA projected forward and determined that the cost and effort was not worth it for them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

The very last way for me is to use Google and Android. Indeed, Google was illegal since a long time ago in my country, but with vpn it seems to be a quite safe and stable way for my ppl.

Now my problem is, I download SWGOH from HongKong store, my HK ID is well, my visa card is available, then I log in with my original GameCenter ID which was bound to my China Apple ID, I can't do purchase.

Hope you could help me.

From all the information out there, the only way this works out for the players is if the game can pass through all the bureaucracy, and host a local server in china. Or the players wants to violate some of the rules and use a VPN to reach past the "firewall".(not recommended) There is a lot of information around all this, so it will be hard to tell how all this falls out.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Maka_Veli wrote: »
    Why is China banning the game? That seems strange.

you should look into it, they are not banning this game. <<It looks like they are banning all games that have players interacting with players outside of china.>>

So you're saying that they are not banning this game but they are banning this game?

Not this one in particular, but all interactive games outside of China

So, you're saying it's getting banned, right?

You get that people are trying to point out some context, right?

Saying “China banned SWGOH!” is a very different message than “China has changed laws, resulting in bans on a number of online games of which SWGOH is included”.

OP's message was, that the game will be banned which is correct.

Kyno's original comment was self-contradicting. He got the point and edited his comment. Now it's accurate.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

you should look into it, they are not banning this game. <<It looks like they are banning all games that have players interacting with players outside of china.>>

So you're saying that they are not banning this game but they are banning this game?

I can't tell if you keep going on about this because you're the only one who doesn't understand, or you're trying really hard to make a very unimportant point that no one else cares about.

Just one of many things you can't tell.

Oh I can tell, I was just trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. We all know what you're doing.

My point was in my first comment. Apparently Kyno got it and edited his comment. For some reason Maka and yourself felt the need to take it further. At least Makas comments were on topic and had a point. Yours? Not so much.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Let's try to keep this on topic please. I know it's hard to stay off the political aspects of this, but let's try to keep them related to the topic at hand.
  • TVF wrote: »

Saying “China banned SWGOH!” is a very different message than “China has changed laws, resulting in bans on a number of online games of which SWGOH is included”.

Especially on these forums. The context is to identify that this was not a targeted ban against THIS game in particular.

I feel like this should be (and is) evident to most people here, but you seem to be unclear for some reason.

As previously stated, Waqui is not unclear on the issue, Waqui is trying to make an irrelevant point that only Waqui could possibly care about, which is entirely pedantic.

Especially on these forums. The context is to identify that this was not a targeted ban against THIS game in particular.

I feel like this should be (and is) evident to most people here, but you seem to be unclear for some reason.

As previously stated, Waqui is not unclear on the issue, Waqui is trying to make an irrelevant point that only Waqui could possibly care about, which is entirely pedantic.

Evidently you don't understand that Waqui was trying to clarify whether or not the game was truly being banned or not, as Kynos post was self contradictory. Why don't you take the time to read before talking nonsense

Ironic that you would try and call others out for derailing threads when that is literally all you do.
  • Inner4_eye wrote: »

Evidently you don't understand that Waqui was trying to clarify whether or not the game was truly being banned or not, as Kynos post was self contradictory. Why don't you take the time to read before talking nonsense

Ironic that you would try and call others out for derailing threads when that is literally all you do.

Context's a great thing.
    The meaning was obvious,
    To those who read it.
  • GJO
    172 posts Member

Why is USA banning Huawei?
    Find the answer to one question is finding the answer to all.
  • There is always a way around it. It's sad though that China is becoming this way even more so

Yeah, that is the only bright spot here. No government can keep up with the ingenuity of the entire global online community as the Android community codes rooting tools and VPN providers devise ways to escape detection. The internet cannot be contained within the borders of one country.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So that didnt. Keep having to remove comments.

Closed
This discussion has been closed.