Now that we've introduced Cap ships destroyed

Prev1
It's time we upped that to health meters and non-cap ships being able to attack them.

The real ship tanks in Star Wars were always the cap ships and the fighters pummeled them.

In this game, we are begging for more tanks and the fighters can't attack the cap ships. Just make it more like lore. Let them be able to be destroyed by fighters. Give enemy fighters a new skill called "opportunity" whenever a fighter attacks a cap ship.

It should be there though.

Replies

• Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Just make it more like lore. Let them be able to be destroyed by fighters.

Huh?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    It would be interesting to see for example cap ships vulnerable to bombers, bombers to fighters and fighters to caps, but that would be a completely different kind of game. Maybe they could introduce such tactical combat with vehicles.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    We need more ships before we move to something like attacking capital ships.

We should have enough ships to fully max each capital ship and we are far from that at this point. More ships first, then other amenities.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »

We should have enough ships to fully max each capital ship and we are far from that at this point. More ships first, then other amenities.

Read my original post and think more deeply
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    This might just be me, but I think that kind of messes up the way that ships work right now. Also there are a lot of questions that would have to be asked and coding that would have to be changed. Could cap ships get ability blocked by fighters? Can they stunned by fighters? Eliminated by Thrawn? All of these questions would greatly affect gameplay, especially since Cap Ships have so many special abilities and rely on them in different ways.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Eh. Then Raddus wouldn't be unique, now would it?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    This might just be me, but I think that kind of messes up the way that ships work right now. Also there are a lot of questions that would have to be asked and coding that would have to be changed. Could cap ships get ability blocked by fighters? Can they stunned by fighters? Eliminated by Thrawn? All of these questions would greatly affect gameplay, especially since Cap Ships have so many special abilities and rely on them in different ways.

I agree. This would be a huge change to the game mode, they might even have to rebalance every ship. I want them to put effort into other areas of the game instead of redesigning fleet.
    1. Could cap ships get ability blocked by fighters?
    2. Can they stunned by fighters?
    3. Eliminated by Thrawn?
    1. I would like it to be specific to certain abilities that are vulnerable to external machinery that fighters could theoretically attack, like Tarkin's Turret attack but not his ultimate.
    2. Temporarily knocking out shields or communication would be good. The idea of 'Stunning" a ship anyway though should be removed. Should be called "systems down, or something like that. Think about animated clone wars when the clones and Plo were drifting with no electric.
    3. I remember Chimaera was pretty awesome in Rebels, but I don't recall the ability. I'd say yes if it went with lore.

• NicWester wrote: »

Yes, Raddus would still be unique. Cool down # could be different.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    It seems the devs have plenty on their plate at the moment. This is just too much right now.

Do they? I thought things were too expensive to put on their plates?
  • Lio wrote: »
    Just make it more like lore. Let them be able to be destroyed by fighters.

Huh?

Yeah, believe it or not, capital ships were taken out by fighters in lore, not just other cap ships.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Like I said, more ships FIRST, then OTHER amenities. It would be cool to have something of that effect, but they've neglected ships for so long, they have a lot of catching up to do. You're talking about the 3rd or 4th step and they need to do the 1st and 2nd.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited May 2020

Why? He still has a far better point. Why would we change how it works before we get full use out of all the capital ships. Not enough fighters to have all cap ships have 7 fighters is a much larger problem in game than having the ability to wipe out the other teams capital ship
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

Why? He still has a far better point. Why would we change how it works before we get full use out of all the capital ships. Not enough fighters to have all cap ships have 7 fighters is a much larger problem in game than having the ability to wipe out the other teams capital ship

Because programmers can make the game better with more than 1 improvement at a time.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Interesting but no thanks. More pilotless ships please! And a ship raid.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Because programmers can make the game better with more than 1 improvement at a time.

Your suggestion that this would be better or an improvement is a matter of opinion.

Well that's true. My easy retort though is that all things moving closer to lore are improvements, including a special ability for Darth Sideous named Force-Lightning Defenestration that only works on Mace Windu. <---- I'd drop $100 in the game tomorrow if they did that.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

Yes, Raddus would still be unique. Cool down # could be different.

Not really. It's a ship that's designed to stall until it can destroy the capital ship and you flex your extra reinforcement from the sacrifice into a quick win after. If anything can destroy a capital ship with enough effort, how is this ultimate different aside fro giving another reinforcement?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    1. Could cap ships get ability blocked by fighters?
    2. Can they stunned by fighters?
    3. Eliminated by Thrawn?
    1. I would like it to be specific to certain abilities that are vulnerable to external machinery that fighters could theoretically attack, like Tarkin's Turret attack but not his ultimate.
    2. Temporarily knocking out shields or communication would be good. The idea of 'Stunning" a ship anyway though should be removed. Should be called "systems down, or something like that. Think about animated clone wars when the clones and Plo were drifting with no electric.
    3. I remember Chimaera was pretty awesome in Rebels, but I don't recall the ability. I'd say yes if it went with lore.

Especially if they changed stun for ships, I just feel like this would become Ships 3.0, which we certainly don’t need. Also I was mentioning the Chimaera ability in game, where his ultimate destroys the target opponent.
  • Surely they can do something better than this...

https://youtu.be/uX31VFMuNLM
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Nauros wrote: »
    It would be interesting to see for example cap ships vulnerable to bombers, bombers to fighters and fighters to caps, but that would be a completely different kind of game. Maybe they could introduce such tactical combat with vehicles.

Rock/Paper/Scissor ?
  • Nauros wrote: »

Rock/Paper/Scissor ?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

They can barely do a single release without issues.

That said your idea would be a waste in the terms of how ships works. Id rather kill the fleet and end the battle fast than drag it out going for a capital ship destroy.

That said.... perhaps its just me... but id rather they get the ships into the game and fix the current issues more than redo ship battles again.

Id also put sandbox mode up before this... but thats just me

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    RoBane1738 wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

Rock/Paper/Scissor ?

We all know that isnt fun... lol
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »

Your suggestion that this would be better or an improvement is a matter of opinion.

Well that's true. My easy retort though is that all things moving closer to lore are improvements

Might be easy for you to make it but my easy reretort is I don't care about lore one bit.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Well that's true. My easy retort though is that all things moving closer to lore are improvements

Might be easy for you to make it but my easy reretort is I don't care about lore one bit.

Meh, some lore kinda makes the game fun.

Otherwise, what’s the point and this game could be anything.

This game is everything. This isn’t the first game with this setup. And Marvel uses it. And the rest of Disney uses it. The developers are really just trying to keep a mobile app running, which unfortunately means that lore often gets pushed to the side.
    TVF wrote: »

Meh, some lore kinda makes the game fun.

Otherwise, what’s the point and this game could be anything.

This game is everything. This isn’t the first game with this setup. And Marvel uses it. And the rest of Disney uses it. The developers are really just trying to keep a mobile app running, which unfortunately means that lore often gets pushed to the side.

True, but without any lore every character may as well be a plain gray shape. Love of Star Wars is what make us play this game instead of Marvel. Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes sounds much more engaging than Shape Wars: Domain of Polygons. Although the more I think about it...