Ridiculous Matchup

peco
23 posts Member
Hi there, im into a guild who is very pvp focused , we are currently ranked 190 in tw, we pretty much never lose, maybe like twice a year. But i just saw this ridiculous matchup we have now ... they did register 44 and we did 50

urgq07q2lcoq.jpg

sooo 14 GL vs 4
25 malevolence vs 10
700 more zeta , 200 more g13
200 more mods 20+ speed

i think you need to reconsider a few things even if 6 GL legend didint register (best scenario) it still make no sense.

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    So you don't ever want to lose.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    There is a MEGA thread for stuff like this. @kyno could we please merge?
  • peco
    23 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

i think you completely missed the point, the goal is to have a fair fight, they try to balance it from the beginning. With the new GL it seems they made a miscalculation i guess. If you watch my older post , you will see they correct the things i point out. It is a problem that is generalized, not personally just affecting me.
  • peco wrote: »
    Hi there, im into a guild who is very pvp focused , we are currently ranked 190 in tw, we pretty much never lose, maybe like twice a year. But i just saw this ridiculous matchup we have now ... they did register 44 and we did 50

urgq07q2lcoq.jpg

sooo 14 GL vs 4
    25 malevolence vs 10
    700 more zeta , 200 more g13
    200 more mods 20+ speed

i think you need to reconsider a few things even if 6 GL legend didint register (best scenario) it still make no sense.

But 5 of them didn’t sign up. So they don’t have 700 more zeta, or 200 more g13.
  • peco
    23 posts Member
    yes but they surely have the 16 GL thats the main point , right now we are stuck behind 5 GL, we beat 1 so thats already 2 GL more than us just with their defense , plus i guess they kept the remaining for attack . GL should worth alot in the balance when they are calculating those matchup . Just count how many g13 zeta and mods they should miss for only 6 players and you will still see a huge difference.
  • But you won’t see a big difference in GP, which means their 44 have invested theirs more wisely than your 50.

This argument about GLs has been seen before with GAS, Malak, DR, JKR, Traya...

When new stuff comes out there’ll always be some guilds with more of them than other guilds initially. The guild with less have to figure out their counters until they unlock more of them.

It’s the way it has always been and I don’t see any positive outcome in people asking to be matched with guilds who have exactly the same amount of GL as they do.
  • peco
    23 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    But you won’t see a big difference in GP, which means their 44 have invested theirs more wisely than your 50.

When new stuff comes out there’ll always be some guilds with more of them than other guilds initially. The guild with less have to figure out their counters until they unlock more of them.

It’s the way it has always been and I don’t see any positive outcome in people asking to be matched with guilds who have exactly the same amount of GL as they do.

Considering we invested in our roster very carefully obviously since we are in the top 190 ... considering they have 3.5x gl , considering they have 2.5x the number of malevolance, big advantage on zeta and g13 and g12 .... i dont think you understand those numbers, your point is just invalid. It is clearly broken.
    Post edited by peco on
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    peco wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

i think you completely missed the point, the goal is to have a fair fight, they try to balance it from the beginning. With the new GL it seems they made a miscalculation i guess. If you watch my older post , you will see they correct the things i point out. It is a problem that is generalized, not personally just affecting me.

If you win all the time, I see nothing wrong with the game challenging you once in a while.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    But you won’t see a big difference in GP, which means their 44 have invested theirs more wisely than your 50.

Considering we invested in our roster very carefully obviously since we are in the top 190 ... considering they have 3.5x gl , considering they have 2.5x the number of malevolance, big advantage on zeta and g13 and g12 .... i dont think you understand those numbers, your point is just invalid. It is clearly broken.

Sorry, what are you in the top 190 of?

"You're disagreeing,
    So you are clearly stupid.
    I'm always correct!"
  • peco
    23 posts Member
    edited June 2020

Sorry, what are you in the top 190 of?

top 190 of PVP guild (before that loss) lost only by few points. I been rank 32 in div 3 and rank 90 of div 2 currently, always been kyber.

I'm not always correct, but I understand how the game works much better than most people who comment on there that's for sure. Anyway, let's see, they will probably change something about this concern soon. The point have been passed by many.

Post edited by peco on
  • You do know how that table is calculated though, right? It’s the total GP that you’ve beaten that month.

When my guild wins all TWs in a month we are somewhere around 30-50 in that table. That absolutely does not mean there are only 30 or so guilds better than us at TW.

Once your guild GP hits a certain level (225M+) you are guaranteed to appear on that table if you win the first 3 TW in a month. You seem to think it’s a mark of great skill and honour.

Sure there’s skill in winning the first 3 TW in a month, but it doesn’t make you special.
  • peco
    23 posts Member
    You understand you have to clear the map to have a high score right? we just arrived at 225m so it means to be ranked that high we need to be well balanced and playing well... and losing twice a year makes us great and special for sure. But the point is not how great my guild is, that was not the topic.

Anyway, the GP worth of those GL was an issue that matches. let's hope it will not happen again. There are more counters now that coming out and we will focus on them, it opens more possibility to win even if at a big disadvantage on the GL.

You understand you have to clear the map to have a high score right? we just arrived at 225m so it means to be ranked that high we need to be well balanced and playing well... and losing twice a year makes us great and special for sure. But the point is not how great my guild is, that was not the topic.

Anyway, the GP worth of those GL was an issue that matches. let's hope it will not happen again. There are more counters now that coming out and we will focus on them, it opens more possibility to win even if at a big disadvantage on the GL.
    Yeah, as a 260M guild that have had 5 losses in 18 months I know what you need to do to win. It wasn’t the point of the post, but I wanted to check you understood that at your current GP you will always be in the top 200 of that table if you win the first 3 or indeed all 4 TWs in a month. There are guilds with more GP than you who will lose to another top guild and not be on that table, so it’s not a fair comparison to say you are among the top 200 PvP guilds.
  • I look forward to our guilds colliding in a future TW... ;)
  • https://swgoh.gg/g/11121/escuadron-zero/

You’d have to drop 6 or 7 to match us!