Most disappointing R7 toon

vincentlondon
4527 posts Member
edited May 2020
I have R7 palpatine for Kylo event and he is really disappointing. He still dies easily. I feel he is the same as when he was G12. I didnt notice any improvement.

I sent him in a Battle against a G13 Carth team and he died like he was nothing

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Sounds like you don't have an R7 86 then.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    he's way better than he was at g12 that's for sure. what kylo event do you mean, op? slkr?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    He is very good at r7.....dynamic for taking out padme teams
  • I feel similar with Palpatine, though I stopped at r3. I certainly didn't expect the survivability to get too much better, but I really thought I would see a big boost in damage. In a world where Jedi Anakin is hitting for 100k and Grievous is doing colossal amounts of damage, I was kind of shocked when the first basic attack I did with r3 Palp hit for like 12k. I did a remod for grins and even with a couple different variations of offense, crit damage, etc he still was barely hitting for over 20k.

That's what disappointed me a ton
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    But if he's hitting 20-30k and taking 4+ turns in a row then that's 80-120k damage. Run that shock train!
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    I have a R7 Palpatine. He works well in the DSGEO TB as a Sith Empire leader when you platoon DR.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • My Palp has been cutting for 20kish at g12. If you're getting that at r3 to r7 then you need to mod better
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    You disappointed because you hope/think R7 him will be game changing and its not.

Try R7 Bodhi Rook, then you wont be disappointed. Because he's not doing much no matter G12 or R7.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Kokie wrote: »

His R7 is not how he is useful for taking out Padme teams. The mechanics to do that rely on speed, the TM train, Thrawn fracturing, and if you have the luxury Traya isolating. The same Padme teams you can take out at R7 EP you could take out at G11 EP. In both cases if your TM train and fracture somehow fail your Sith/Empire team is likely dead.
  • Metasly
    280 posts Member
    r7 gives him more survivability but I think you need to either give him a lot of health and count on his lead to heal pr lot of protection and give him his unique zeta.

As said previously his main strenghts are his lead that gives loads of TM and his shock and stun thet helps manage some teams.

The r7 is forced by GL grind so it's a given state so lets count on that increased survavibility to better counter enemy teams
  • My Palpatine is only r5 but he's really not disappointing or surprising in any other way. Got more powerful, hits harder, more health, still sort of a glass cannon.
  • Your mods may not me great OP. Those are g12 numbers you're throwing up honestly unless you have him modded for potency or speed. Throw a nice off/cc set on him with a CD triangle and come back and let us know what ya think .
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    I have offense X4, health X2. Protection circle and cross, offense triangle. Just under 7000 special damage with 2/3 left side pieces. Nothing 6E either. Works great and already hits harder than OP claims.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member

His R7 is not how he is useful for taking out Padme teams. The mechanics to do that rely on speed, the TM train, Thrawn fracturing, and if you have the luxury Traya isolating. The same Padme teams you can take out at R7 EP you could take out at G11 EP. In both cases if your TM train and fracture somehow fail your Sith/Empire team is likely dead.

You go ahead and try a g11 palp against r7 padme teams and tell me how that works out for you
  • Kokie wrote: »

You go ahead and try a g11 palp against r7 padme teams and tell me how that works out for you

If they have the speed advantage he most certainly can. You'd be surprised.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Your right.....I would be
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    My R7 Palp has over 10K special damage. And I only run him using speed/potency sets not even 6 dots.

He hits like a truck.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Wouldn't call him "disappointing". He's solid but definitely far from being a char you'd want to get to a high relic if it wasn't for SLKR.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Denmach
    21 posts Member
    Urorrurrrurr, Lobot, Rose Tico, gammorrean guard, Bodhi Rook, Ughnaut, and the illustrious Mob Enforcer beg to differ with you :)
  • Denmach wrote: »
    Urorrurrrurr, Lobot, Rose Tico, gammorrean guard, Bodhi Rook, Ughnaut, and the illustrious Mob Enforcer beg to differ with you :)

Do you have any of them at g13? I always wanted a relic 7 gammorean guard.

Urza has one i think. I fought him in GAC once. He also have some relic tuskens

I might relic gamorrean guard someday. I gambled on the 5000 crystal character for may 4th. He's currently g7 I think, and not very impressive. He did get his first win in the last tw though.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Denmach wrote: »

I might relic gamorrean guard someday. I gambled on the 5000 crystal character for may 4th. He's currently g7 I think, and not very impressive. He did get his first win in the last tw though.

Not very impressive at g7?

🤔

I thought 7 star g7 characters could solo Hsith...
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    Snowbird13 wrote: »

Not very impressive at g7?

🤔

I thought 7 star g7 characters could solo Hsith...

Definitely not. I have 21 toons at g13, 9 r7, and I manage to win the score every now and then, but even with maximum effort I've never done more than at most 50% of the raid. Getting winning scores out of HSITH with Separatists and Siths are fun though, as they're not exactly raid-focused kits.

I believe Kylie and maybe GAS can solo heroic sith at r7. Maybe. Remember there's only so many turns before the boss flips out and goes into enrage mode, and when that happens all the relics in the world won't keep you around.
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »

Hahahahah holy crap you bought the pack and you got Gammorean Guard. I'm sorry that's just too funny. Even though it's a toon I like, with nostalgia ties, I would feel so ripped off. I'm glad I didn't buy that pack.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    vp9pcmdzs96e.jpg
    Working on it.
  • Kokie wrote: »
    Your right.....I would be

This is the team I did it with. The Padme team didn't even get a turn brls475jedrz.png