No bonuses to Heroes in ages in TW

Prev1
There's been a feeling of blandness lately, like nothing has been changed around in ages, just feels like your fighting the same thing over and over. At the start of Territory War for example, (when it first started) First order had buffs in Territories. Like there has been no bonus and no shuffling. GAC at least alternates a bit. My suggestion is maybe put some bonuses somewhere.

Replies

• Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Or change some territories for example make one field 3vs3, 2vs2, 4vs4 etc.
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    Half the players ask for changes, half the players complain about changes. Then the other half do both.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    They said they won’t do bonuses anymore because of player complaints
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    To be fair, some of the bonuses were a bit overboard. I don't think they would have got quite so many complaints if the bonuses had been more balanced.
  • CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    To be fair, some of the bonuses were a bit overboard. I don't think they would have got quite so many complaints if the bonuses had been more balanced.

I agree with this. Some of the bonuses were insane. I liked the original bonuses. They weren’t as crazy as the later ones....or as crazy as the mess with banned toons.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    this is why we need 3v3 TW
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I miss the bonuses. Imo vanilla TW is really boring in comparison.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I miss them. Always have.

Now every TW is the same set of mono-team walls and the same defenses and offenses. It's so bland and boring. Faction bonuses existed to prevent exactly this.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »

I mean, the clone troopers gaining a crap ton of offense, health and protection per clone trooper ally, under shaak ti, could take out any team, maybe excluding Rey and SLKR
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Need "Long Arm of the Law" to be implemented as a CUP zeta :D
  • DuneFlint
    648 posts Member

The bonuses were fun. Where they went wrong was banishing toons.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    I miss them. Always have.

Now every TW is the same set of mono-team walls and the same defenses and offenses. It's so bland and boring. Faction bonuses existed to prevent exactly this.

Because ppl's total team counts are increased...we all at least have these for geoTB:
    Padme
    Bugs
    Grevious

And if someone going for GL, they will have a GL team + something left but still reliced 2nd team.
    That's 4 - 6 more for everyone.

And if we count the old metas or popular teams in
    JKR
    DR
    Sith Trio/Palp
    CLS
    OR/BH
    Thats why you will see almost same teams everytime.

If we have 50 teams per ground zone, things like wiggs or phoenix will starts to appear for sure.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    wait, 50 teams total or 50 teams in each zone? you said zone but that can't be right can it? Or you want 500 teams on D?
  • Half the players ask for changes, half the players complain about changes. Then the other half do both.
    3/2 of players? I don’t have a PhD in maths, but this isn’t adding up. I think you mean 1/3 do one, another 1/3 do another and then one remaining 1/3 do both. But maybe I’m not understanding something. Please explain.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Half the players ask for changes, half the players complain about changes. Then the other half do both.
    3/2 of players? I don’t have a PhD in maths, but this isn’t adding up. I think you mean 1/3 do one, another 1/3 do another and then one remaining 1/3 do both. But maybe I’m not understanding something. Please explain.
    Have you not seen the volume of complaints around here on both sides of any issue?! In this special case the math does add up. :D
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Have you not seen the volume of complaints around here on both sides of any issue?! In this special case the math does add up. :D
    Does it? 1/2 + 1/2 + 1/2 = 3/2 and you can’t have 150% of a population complaining about something. Unless you make extra accounts, but then that’s still technically going to cap at 100%.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who are good at math and those who aren’t.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    wait, 50 teams total or 50 teams in each zone? you said zone but that can't be right can it? Or you want 500 teams on D?

Ground zone only so its 400.
    For high end guild, why not?

People complaining about facing same team again and again in GAC and suggest more team for it, I am just doing the same.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

People complaining about facing same team again and again in GAC and suggest more team for it, I am just doing the same.

no way in heck do I want to have to do...<<checks math in thread>>...700% more battles for the same rewards. hard pass
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member

no way in heck do I want to have to do...<<checks math in thread>>...700% more battles for the same rewards. hard pass

Then starts banning chars or adding bonuses if ppl dont want to fight same team again and again.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Then starts banning chars

You must be new here.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    The character ban was fun. It led to having to come up with entirely new offense and defense teams since we couldn't rely on the same-old same-old. The one flaw was letting players pick some of the banned characters, since that led to some counters being banned without knowing they'd be counters. If CG picks which characters can't be used, they can ensure a balanced experience.

Faction buffs were fun. They rewarded people for investing in teams that no one else bothered with--Clones before Shaak Ti or the 501st reworks; the various Hans, of which at the time only Raid Han was any good; jawas. The one flaw was that players are dumb sheep and instead of thinking "If I invest in non meta teams I might not be punished so hard" they thought "I'm being punished for having the best characters."

Hell. We have two TWs between TBs. Why not do one boring, stale, lame one so that crowd is mollified and then give us a fun one?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

I mean, the clone troopers gaining a crap ton of offense, health and protection per clone trooper ally, under shaak ti, could take out any team, maybe excluding Rey and SLKR

yeah

I think they went pretty overboard with some of the bonuses, i used to like them over vanilla TW when it was basic faction buffs like Bounty Hunters, First Order, Resistance, etc.

Things like Jawas doing infinite loops if one jawa gets a turn, or clones and mace windu ones were too over the top and it came to a point i didn't look forward to TW bonuses anymore

I was looking forward to 3v3 TW though, since it was a different take on TW, and it was less about bonuses
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

You must be new here.

I am not, and I enjoyed those banning/buffing char TWs more than the regular ones. Its lame, but fun.
  • Ultra wrote: »

yeah

I think they went pretty overboard with some of the bonuses, i used to like them over vanilla TW when it was basic faction buffs like Bounty Hunters, First Order, Resistance, etc.

Things like Jawas doing infinite loops if one jawa gets a turn, or clones and mace windu ones were too over the top and it came to a point i didn't look forward to TW bonuses anymore

I was looking forward to 3v3 TW though, since it was a different take on TW, and it was less about bonuses

Tbh, I liked the overboard bonuses the best. The whole point of bonuses was to shake up the teams which were used (this is sorely needed imo, TW with the same teams every time is as stale as it gets), and the more powerful bonuses did this much more effectively. Some people didn't like that clones could take out a meta team, or a low geared Mace could wreck Sith, but that's what made the idea fun. Those faction bonuses you mention were not nearly powerful enough, because they didn't enable those factions to beat top-end teams.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

yeah

Tbh, I liked the overboard bonuses the best. The whole point of bonuses was to shake up the teams which were used (this is sorely needed imo, TW with the same teams every time is as stale as it gets), and the more powerful bonuses did this much more effectively. Some people didn't like that clones could take out a meta team, or a low geared Mace could wreck Sith, but that's what made the idea fun. Those faction bonuses you mention were not nearly powerful enough, because they didn't enable those factions to beat top-end teams.

I remember when the jawa and clone ones were active people were complaining they couldn't beat those teams without using Revan or Traya or whatever was meta at the time. I distinctly remember someone saying the "didn't want to use" their team against jawas.

That's the sort of attitude that killed any--even minor--faction buffs. That attitude of "I have the meta, I don't have 'trash,' why should I be at a disadvantage because my roster is an inch deep?" Well I have a roster that's a mile deep, why should I be at a disadvantage because you would rather horde than work on clones before they were reworked?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

You must be new here.

I am not, and I enjoyed those banning/buffing char TWs more than the regular ones. Its lame, but fun.

Apparently lame has some additional meaning I was previously unaware of.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Hell. We have two TWs between TBs. Why not do one boring, stale, lame one so that crowd is mollified and then give us a fun one?

Anecdotal but the ban TW was the most unified I've ever seen the player base be on one side of an issue, and it wasn't on the positive side.