Will you skip GL's completely or temporarily?

Prev1
Hey this thread is mostly for people that are newer players/F2P with low relic materials.

I don't see myself being able to get the GL's any time soon even if I focus them down, by the time i get one of them we would be half way through the new meta, and with the low income of relic materials, I set my mind to completely skip these 2 characters and just save up for the next meta or the 2nd next meta and would probably wont come back to GL rey and kylo ever, since CG has no intention of buffing the useless toons we need to unlock them.

What are you guys going to do? Still farm them at some point or have you also given up? If you are going to farm them what's your strategy.

Again if you are the person who has unlocked everything and geared up everyone will obviously get it since not getting them will hurt your GAC matches

Replies

• I'm going to be skipping them completely
  • I will skip them completely because i am working on a great JKR and Padme squad and that will probably take like 2 months...and i havent even startet Resistance..i have all the toons on gear 1 so it would take forever to get them ready so i will just wait
  • There’s a few useless toons in SL Kylo such as phasma, vet Han and the pilots. Palp is okay, but definitely doesn’t need relics besides the event.
    The rest are all very useful imo, even original kylo. I regularly do GAC solos with him, for max banners with that zeta. Hux and sith trooper are brilliant as well. FOO is great with slkr in hsith, and not a huge investment relic wise. But I can understand as a new player I personally wouldn’t go for it, you’re looking at 5-6 months as free to play to meet the requirements and by then I expect we will have a new GL meta.
  • First order can be used in assault battles
  • I'll maybe go for kylo one day, but I'll go first for malak and GAS (I hope to have them both in december)
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    I'm skipping these two. My First Order and Resistance jyst aren't developed enough. By the time I got them up to speed, there would be something more valuable to farm.

I'd try for a GL Vader though.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    One aspect to consider. Skipping intermediate metas and go directly for the latest meta is a strategy, which will only help you securing the arena income.

If you want to excel in more game modes (tb, tw and gac in particular), you ultimately need a well-balanced roster. And that likely include the Galactic Legends. Darth Reven/Malak, JKR, GAS, they are all no longer meta. But having them is part of being successful in GAC. Therefore, you might need at one point start farming GL Kylo and Rey just because your opponents in these game modes require you to have them.

I personally will go for at least one of the two at the moment (Kylo). I need him to stay at top 10 in the HSTR and he is the only reliable counter to Rey at the moment.
  • I might start slowly working toward Kylo, but overall I’m planning on skipping both. Getting GAS in 3 days, and my FO/Resistance is pretty weak. Planning on waiting to see what’s next, and going hard for the next meta.
  • I'm not skipping GL, but they're not priority yet. When I have GAS, I'll finish gearing 501st clones. Then, I'll start with GL. For Rey, I need to farm Holdo, Rose, new Finn and new Poe, and only JTR is g12. For Kylo, I need to farm ST and finish Hux (6* now), and 6 toons are g12. So I'll go after Kylo.
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    I’m almost done with sith trooper, I need 10 more shards for sith trooper. All I will have left is gear but I’m in no rush. I’ll gear them as I get to it. My interest balloon for GL’s has deflated.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Got SL Kylo already and save all Materials and I got about half the mats already for Rey but I wait to spend until we have the next pair.
    I got all Relic mats but I am short on carbanti's and stun gun's. Still the biggest crunch.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Unless they start talking about "the next GL" I dont think anyone should be 100% confident they will pass on these 2 GLs.

As with all gear as time moves on we get more income, relics mats (and/or the gear needed) will increase or be more available over time.

I would also suspect that GLs will be long term placements in teams, even if not the leader.
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    You can definitely skip on at least 1. I’m only side farming for Kylo since I already had 5 of the 13 requirements. I’m still saving for the next big thing with Mando as my primary. It’s a shame they made everyone get trash characters to waste their gear. Some of the stuff is totally useless and almost all of it is unused for the event. No wonder so many people hated the event.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Unless they start talking about "the next GL" I dont think anyone should be 100% confident they will pass on these 2 GLs.

As with all gear as time moves on we get more income, relics mats (and/or the gear needed) will increase or be more available over time.

I would also suspect that GLs will be long term placements in teams, even if not the leader.

That's fair enough. We shouldn't assume there will be further GLs but perhaps it's not outlandish speculation either.

The assumption is that we will see a jedi version of Luke at some point and perhaps also a different version of Vader (please do this CG). Perhaps a future GL for both. We'll see.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Even if they are not GL's the meta will shift and whatever is coming it will be able to beat both GL's, same as the meta that comes after it and after it, I mean this is how the game has been so far.

For example I have been playing the game for year and half now, and not a single time I said darn it, if I had JTR/FO instead of my CLS, JKR, GG, Padme, or EP sith team I would have won this GAC.

I'm working on malak now and after it I will get GAS since I'm just missing c3po, and it is a good investment for TB, TW, and GAC, and they don't require bad toons to be reliced.

To me the requirement are too steep for the GL's and they will be over shadowed soon just like every other meta that has come and gone, the difference being that those older metas were something that you can get without hurting your matchmaking in GAC (again this doesn't apply to the people that already have their top 50 characters maxed out, I personally only have 8 characters that are reliced and if I were to get these toons to relic 5, I would only get 1 solid team out of it, where my enemy would have 2 solid reliced teams and would easily beat me)

I feel that with the requirements out there they will want these to "live in the meta" longer than previous toons. I don't see them being washed out in a similar fashion to other toons, unless by another GL.

But only time will tell
  • I will skip them completely. I’m level 74 right now, and going for Padme, then droids and GAS. The requirements are way too high to get a GL, it would take way too long getting all those characters to 7* and relic. I would only get a GL if I am already close to one, like if a new one comes out and I already have a bunch of the required toons geared.
  • Ggdjqjchsabjdj
    780 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I’m skipping them completely purely because I don’t like either Rey or Kylo much enough to grind my heart out. If they release a Jedi Luke, a better Vader, Master Kenobi or Master Windu then I will grind it out because these are characters I enjoy. That’s how I like to play this game. Use characters which I enjoyed in the movie/tv series or are fun to play in game. Also because I don’t have Rose Tico, and I don’t want to get her.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Even if they are not GL's the meta will shift and whatever is coming it will be able to beat both GL's, same as the meta that comes after it and after it, I mean this is how the game has been so far.

For example I have been playing the game for year and half now, and not a single time I said darn it, if I had JTR/FO instead of my CLS, JKR, GG, Padme, or EP sith team I would have won this GAC.

I'm working on malak now and after it I will get GAS since I'm just missing c3po, and it is a good investment for TB, TW, and GAC, and they don't require bad toons to be reliced.

To me the requirement are too steep for the GL's and they will be over shadowed soon just like every other meta that has come and gone, the difference being that those older metas were something that you can get without hurting your matchmaking in GAC (again this doesn't apply to the people that already have their top 50 characters maxed out, I personally only have 8 characters that are reliced and if I were to get these toons to relic 5, I would only get 1 solid team out of it, where my enemy would have 2 solid reliced teams and would easily beat me)

I feel that with the requirements out there they will want these to "live in the meta" longer than previous toons. I don't see them being washed out in a similar fashion to other toons, unless by another GL.

But only time will tell

Exactly it's hard to tell what is coming next, and when it's coming, but looking back at every major new event that we had like heroes journey, legendary characters, epic confrontation and now galactic legends, there are always a meta shift with in few months and I don't believe anyone wants to have the same meta for more than 6 months.

I'm not saying the meta wont shift, just that I see it shifting with these toons in mind, not washing over them.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member

But only time will tell

Exactly it's hard to tell what is coming next, and when it's coming, but looking back at every major new event that we had like heroes journey, legendary characters, epic confrontation and now galactic legends, there are always a meta shift with in few months and I don't believe anyone wants to have the same meta for more than 6 months.

I'm not saying the meta wont shift, just that I see it shifting with these toons in mind, not washing over them.

Agreed but this is perhaps an even more horrifying prospect, Rey is the best pvp toon in the game, the idea of having to relic your Rose Tico or be locked out of the top of arena for the next ~2 years sure does make me feel good.