Does anyone like the ST?

Replies

  • Boo wrote: »
    It is clearly genetic hence Luke's comment I made earlier, as well as Qui-Gon asking Shmi who Anakin's father was. Additionally with Rey being the grandchild of Palpatine or Maul and his brother Savage etc. etc.

    I love when people respond to a counter-argument with "clearly" as if it's proof.
    I see WHY you make the inference, but that inference lacks concrete causality. If "it" in the statement "I have it, my father has it, my sister has it" actually refers to herpes, then you can infer some strange stuff might be going on in that family unit, or maybe they just all shared the same spoon with the Froot Loops. See how inference can lead you to some dangerously wrong conclusions?
    I'm saying A) I can't recall anywhere in canon where it is "clearly" stated that the Force is genetic. Please prove me wrong. And B) for someone who's so into consistency in the "lore", it's wholly inconsistent with everything else in the SW universe for the Force to be genetic for exactly the reasons I mentioned.

    The fact that you then twisted yourself into knots to let the Jedi trust in the force to create new force sensitives even as they're doing their best to eradicate it if it is actually genetic is actually pretty funny.
  • Boo
    4039 posts Member
    I wholly reject midichlorians. If such a symbiote were to exist, compatible hosts (Force sensitives) could isolate and grow them in a lab, then re-inject them the night before the big game. Midichlorian doping would be rampant.

    It is what it is, which is why in so many stories "cloning force users" was not possible; and to me that is Cannon, and always has been for me personally.

    Midichlorians are small life forms that act as a conduit into the force, just like the kyber crystals do for lightsabers.

    Although small lightsaber stones can be synthesized (as seen with the Sith red saber), midichlorians are not objects but microscopic beings - much more complicated and likely impossible to replicate.
  • Boo
    4039 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    It is clearly genetic hence Luke's comment I made earlier, as well as Qui-Gon asking Shmi who Anakin's father was. Additionally with Rey being the grandchild of Palpatine or Maul and his brother Savage etc. etc.

    I love when people respond to a counter-argument with "clearly" as if it's proof.
    I see WHY you make the inference, but that inference lacks concrete causality. If "it" in the statement "I have it, my father has it, my sister has it" actually refers to herpes, then you can infer some strange stuff might be going on in that family unit, or maybe they just all shared the same spoon with the Froot Loops. See how inference can lead you to some dangerously wrong conclusions?
    I'm saying A) I can't recall anywhere in canon where it is "clearly" stated that the Force is genetic. Please prove me wrong. And B) for someone who's so into consistency in the "lore", it's wholly inconsistent with everything else in the SW universe for the Force to be genetic for exactly the reasons I mentioned.

    The fact that you then twisted yourself into knots to let the Jedi trust in the force to create new force sensitives even as they're doing their best to eradicate it if it is actually genetic is actually pretty funny.

    I have already proven you wrong - and what is it with you and herpes dude?
  • Boo wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    It is clearly genetic hence Luke's comment I made earlier, as well as Qui-Gon asking Shmi who Anakin's father was. Additionally with Rey being the grandchild of Palpatine or Maul and his brother Savage etc. etc.

    I love when people respond to a counter-argument with "clearly" as if it's proof.
    I see WHY you make the inference, but that inference lacks concrete causality. If "it" in the statement "I have it, my father has it, my sister has it" actually refers to herpes, then you can infer some strange stuff might be going on in that family unit, or maybe they just all shared the same spoon with the Froot Loops. See how inference can lead you to some dangerously wrong conclusions?
    I'm saying A) I can't recall anywhere in canon where it is "clearly" stated that the Force is genetic. Please prove me wrong. And B) for someone who's so into consistency in the "lore", it's wholly inconsistent with everything else in the SW universe for the Force to be genetic for exactly the reasons I mentioned.

    The fact that you then twisted yourself into knots to let the Jedi trust in the force to create new force sensitives even as they're doing their best to eradicate it if it is actually genetic is actually pretty funny.

    I have already proven you wrong - and what is it with you and herpes dude?

    I think you and I have different definitions of the word "proven", but that's cool. One of them is lacking in "proof."
  • Nihion
    2808 posts Member
    Alright break it up, this discussion is starting to become personal insults.
  • EA_Joz
    2591 posts EA Moderator
    Hello everyone! I've removed a couple of comments. Please remember to keep things clean and constructive.

    EA_Joz
  • Boo
    4039 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    It is clearly genetic hence Luke's comment I made earlier, as well as Qui-Gon asking Shmi who Anakin's father was. Additionally with Rey being the grandchild of Palpatine or Maul and his brother Savage etc. etc.

    I love when people respond to a counter-argument with "clearly" as if it's proof.
    I see WHY you make the inference, but that inference lacks concrete causality. If "it" in the statement "I have it, my father has it, my sister has it" actually refers to herpes, then you can infer some strange stuff might be going on in that family unit, or maybe they just all shared the same spoon with the Froot Loops. See how inference can lead you to some dangerously wrong conclusions?
    I'm saying A) I can't recall anywhere in canon where it is "clearly" stated that the Force is genetic. Please prove me wrong. And B) for someone who's so into consistency in the "lore", it's wholly inconsistent with everything else in the SW universe for the Force to be genetic for exactly the reasons I mentioned.

    The fact that you then twisted yourself into knots to let the Jedi trust in the force to create new force sensitives even as they're doing their best to eradicate it if it is actually genetic is actually pretty funny.

    I have already proven you wrong - and what is it with you and herpes dude?

    I think you and I have different definitions of the word "proven", but that's cool. One of them is lacking in "proof."

    Your argument is comparing the force to herpes, lol

    Plus you are trying to take one line of dialogue out of context - your argument does not address the other familial traits of the force that I mentioned, as "proof" to back up what I was saying.

    * Skywalker lineage - Anakin to Luke & Leia, to Ben Solo - this is a genetically transferred use of the force

    * Mother Talzin (yes she uses the force as "Magic" rather than its traditional use) to, Darth Maul and Savage Opress. Also is it confirmed that she is Assaj Ventress' mother as well?

    * Palpatine to his son (who renounced it), to Rey.

    These are but a few obvious genetically transferred power to use the force - do they all have herpes? lol.

    Is this all just random, bearing in mind there are billions of life forms in the galaxy?, or is the ability to use the force passed genetically? I would also argue that passing the ability down also tends to "water down" the strength of that trait.

    Additionally, I say the ability to use the force is generated at random throughout the galaxy as well, so it isn't always passed genetically. The force can "will" itself to be used, by new beings born with that ability, who have had no prior family ties to force users. Jedi identify these children and induct them into the order.

    I'd say everything I have stated is pretty common knowledge amongst star wars fans.

  • I find the sequel trilogy really bizarre from a design standpoint. I mean they have this universe that is super popular and a large number of people that are somewhat disenfranchised by the prequels but are still hopeful. So you would think they would carefully plot out the trilogy ahead of time with an awesome story arc and everything but no instead they decide to go with a make it up as you go along approach where each new movie's plot is decided on the whims of the director which they change up.
  • Sebek
    719 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    @AnnaGrace

    Oh dear.

    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but please don't have rant that Because you don't like the Sequels, it's nonsense
    I Love Sequels
  • TVF
    23525 posts Member
    Does anyone like these threads?
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ZAP
    3065 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Does anyone like these threads?

    Boo does?

  • TVF
    23525 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Does anyone like these threads?

    Boo does?

    :zippermouth:
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boo
    4039 posts Member
    They are good talking points to legitimately trash the ST.
  • Gifafi
    4520 posts Member
    I mean, the ST is far superior to the PT, I think we can agree on that at least
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • littleMAC77
    2236 posts Member
    "Legitimately" trash
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    23525 posts Member
    *sees every single non-SWGOH thread from the last six months bumped at the same time*

    Oh.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sebek
    719 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    *sees every single non-SWGOH thread from the last six months bumped at the same time*

    Oh.

    Lol, True
    I Love Sequels
  • Boo
    4039 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I mean, the ST is far superior to the PT, I think we can agree on that at least

    No, that's a bad joke.
  • Boo
    4039 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    *sees every single non-SWGOH thread from the last six months bumped at the same time*

    Oh.

    This post aged well.

    It’s like Boo goes on a quest with Gandalf all the time, and only has one night to post everything they can before it’s back to climbing mountains and fighting dragons.

    How did you know I am in league with Gandalf!!!!! That was a secret!
  • Nihion
    2808 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    *sees every single non-SWGOH thread from the last six months bumped at the same time*

    Oh.

    This post aged well.

    It’s like Boo goes on a quest with Gandalf all the time, and only has one night to post everything they can before it’s back to climbing mountains and fighting dragons.

    How did you know I am in league with Gandalf!!!!! That was a secret!

    Sorry! Slipped out. I’m one of the dwarves.
  • Gifafi
    4520 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I mean, the ST is far superior to the PT, I think we can agree on that at least

    No, that's a bad joke.

    I'm not a fan of racist voices and terrible cgi/lighting.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Boo
    4039 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I mean, the ST is far superior to the PT, I think we can agree on that at least

    No, that's a bad joke.

    I'm not a fan of racist voices and terrible cgi/lighting.

    Racist voices? So every Alien should sound like a white American male? Because that in itself isn't racist or diverse is it? lol

    I liked the CGI look to the PT, everything looked clean and different, before hostile take over and a tyrannical evil Empire controlling the galaxy - it gave the trilogy and that era its own "feel" that stood out.

    Lucas also wanted to show the vastness and diverse Galaxy before the dark contrictive times of the OT, which was almost impossible to do without CGI.

    ST went back to old school, small locations and set design, and minimal populations etc. There was no real need to show off a Galaxy already shown to a great extent - but then we get the Rabbit Horses in TLJ - worse than anything the PT did on a CGI level.
  • littleMAC77
    2236 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I mean, the ST is far superior to the PT, I think we can agree on that at least

    No, that's a bad joke.

    I'm not a fan of racist voices and terrible cgi/lighting.

    Racist voices? So every Alien should sound like a white American male? Because that in itself isn't racist or diverse is it? lol

    I liked the CGI look to the PT, everything looked clean and different, before hostile take over and a tyrannical evil Empire controlling the galaxy - it gave the trilogy and that era its own "feel" that stood out.

    Lucas also wanted to show the vastness and diverse Galaxy before the dark contrictive times of the OT, which was almost impossible to do without CGI.

    ST went back to old school, small locations and set design, and minimal populations etc. There was no real need to show off a Galaxy already shown to a great extent - but then we get the Rabbit Horses in TLJ - worse than anything the PT did on a CGI level.

    Lol

    You completely missed why the voices are racist. Go back and actually watch the movies and then use a tiny amount of critical thinking to evaluate the interaction between the characters and their voices
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Gifafi
    4520 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I mean, the ST is far superior to the PT, I think we can agree on that at least

    No, that's a bad joke.

    I'm not a fan of racist voices and terrible cgi/lighting.

    Racist voices? So every Alien should sound like a white American male? Because that in itself isn't racist or diverse is it? lol

    I liked the CGI look to the PT, everything looked clean and different, before hostile take over and a tyrannical evil Empire controlling the galaxy - it gave the trilogy and that era its own "feel" that stood out.

    Lucas also wanted to show the vastness and diverse Galaxy before the dark contrictive times of the OT, which was almost impossible to do without CGI.

    ST went back to old school, small locations and set design, and minimal populations etc. There was no real need to show off a Galaxy already shown to a great extent - but then we get the Rabbit Horses in TLJ - worse than anything the PT did on a CGI level.

    1. found the inspiration for nute&crew:
    546858_height370_width560.jpeg
    2. watto, jar-jar and the hey-mons, etc etc

    these are straight up awful racist caricatures. the worst part is that there is literally zero reason to have voices sound like this.

    As for the bolded, not sure if serious. look at how fake the scenes where yoda and gk/ani are flying over sand, plus 57 others. The space battles were awesome, as was like the maul fight, but overall I was shocked at how fake things looked. The lighting was the worst.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nihion
    2808 posts Member
    I don’t agree with the voices, but obviously the CGI looks bad. Jar Jar was one of the first CGI characters. I’m pretty sure this movie came out before Avatar, which was “technological genius” or whatever.

    I did a ten page paper in high school about how the prequels are good (mostly jokey, but there was some legit info). People didn’t like the CGI because it was new. It hadn’t been perfected yet. But what’s impressive is all the stuff that they could do with it. They took a leap and tried something new, and I applaud them for it.
Sign In or Register to comment.