Clone wars season 7

2Next

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    What came of it? 4 episodes of the bad batch and then they disappeared. 4 episodes of the sisters that didnt really do much. Then 4 episodes that started off strong with the first two but then faded with the last.

Why didnt they dig into more of Maul?

Why not dig more into Order 66?

Why didnt it show Ahsoka react to Anakin being Vader and Maul being correct?

How did Vader get a new light saber so quick or did months pass before he went to the crashed ship?

Guess Disney is going to just throw Vader into the end or their shows now? Would love a Vader series.

I agree that the arc with the spice sisters was completely unnecessary and could have been shown with just 1 episode (how the Jedi are viewed to the general populace etc.)

Well what happened was pretty obvious, that's why they didn't dive too deep although we could have gotten some sound with Anakin and Obi-Wan to know exactly when the whole thing was happening with Ep3 and Ahsoka's scenes.

As for the reaction, NO Ahsoka DID NOT KNOW Anakin betrayed the Jedi. She wholeheartedly believed he survived and the reason behind leaving her lightsaber there was to make it known to Anakin that she survived.
    + Vader coming back to the Venator crash site is just a few months after Order 66. We see the reflection of his eyes and it's NOT Sith yellow at that time, meaning he still cared for and wanted to know if Ahsoka actually survived. That's why Ahsoka was so shocked when she sensed Vader is Anakin in Rebels.

I think they will still pick up where the CW S7 left off and show Vader's new life n struggles.

The comics covered a lot of Vader’s early life after the prequels, but I wouldn’t mind some episodes of a show with directly after RotS Vader.
  • I loved every single episode of season 7... but I would have been happy about 10 - 15 episodes more! There would really have been much that still could have been showed before the finale. But on the other hand, I understand that Dave Filoni and his team had too many projects at once, due to Disney's crazy time-table. With the next season of The Mandalorian already in the works, a planned sequel to Rebels and that Resistance cartoon, there was probably no time for more. Though I'm happy about one thing, that the Cad Bane vs. Boba Fett duel was left out. That means, original plans could have changed, he could still be alive and maybe still get an appearance sometime somewhere else! B)
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    I loved every single episode of season 7... but I would have been happy about 10 - 15 episodes more! There would really have been much that still could have been showed before the finale. But on the other hand, I understand that Dave Filoni and his team had too many projects at once, due to Disney's crazy time-table. With the next season of The Mandalorian already in the works, a planned sequel to Rebels and that Resistance cartoon, there was probably no time for more. Though I'm happy about one thing, that the Cad Bane vs. Boba Fett duel was left out. That means, original plans could have changed, he could still be alive and maybe still get an appearance sometime somewhere else! B)

I watched the deleted scene, I would've rather had the Cad and Boba arc and not the spice sisters arc. Just because Boba and Cad had a duel, doesn't mean that Cad died. I would think he would have a trick or two up his sleeves. In the clip, Boba's helmet was shot, explaining the dent. Boba survived that.
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    I loved every single episode of season 7... but I would have been happy about 10 - 15 episodes more! There would really have been much that still could have been showed before the finale. But on the other hand, I understand that Dave Filoni and his team had too many projects at once, due to Disney's crazy time-table. With the next season of The Mandalorian already in the works, a planned sequel to Rebels and that Resistance cartoon, there was probably no time for more. Though I'm happy about one thing, that the Cad Bane vs. Boba Fett duel was left out. That means, original plans could have changed, he could still be alive and maybe still get an appearance sometime somewhere else! B)

I watched the deleted scene, I would've rather had the Cad and Boba arc and not the spice sisters arc. Just because Boba and Cad had a duel, doesn't mean that Cad died. I would think he would have a trick or two up his sleeves. In the clip, Boba's helmet was shot, explaining the dent. Boba survived that.
    My interpretation of the duel scene was always this: they shot each other in the head at the same time, a final prove that they are on a par in that discipline... but Boba survived only because he was wearing a helmet.
    On the one hand, a part of me likes the scene, combined with this interpretation, as it's kind of epic. But on the other hand, I always found it a bit unlogical for the probable point in time. The last time that we saw Boba before in Clone Wars, he was much younger; it couldn't really happen already parallel to episode III, it would need a time leap to at least some years later to be really believable. A second thing is Cad Bane's character. Would he really agree to such a duel when the opponent wears full armor and helmet? It's never been fair at all.
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »

My interpretation of the duel scene was always this: they shot each other in the head at the same time, a final prove that they are on a par in that discipline... but Boba survived only because he was wearing a helmet.
    On the one hand, a part of me likes the scene, combined with this interpretation, as it's kind of epic. But on the other hand, I always found it a bit unlogical for the probable point in time. The last time that we saw Boba before in Clone Wars, he was much younger; it couldn't really happen already parallel to episode III, it would need a time leap to at least some years later to be really believable. A second thing is Cad Bane's character. Would he really agree to such a duel when the opponent wears full armor and helmet? It's never been fair at all.

Lucas did like jumping around in the timeline, something that was upheld in Rebels and Clone Wars. Hopefully the rest of the arc would have filled in the gaps. I though Boba was late teens, early 20s in the clip. Seemed like they tried making him seem youthful, but experienced too. I loved how he had Jango's blasters.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    1) Did he make another light saber as he left without his. Where did he go hide?

2) perfect time to show other clones who didnt turn against their Jedi leaders

3) Maul told her he was with Sidious, figure she would want to go find out if it was true.

4) the clones were already starting to look like storm troopers in the last episode. Empire was organized once Order 66 went through.

Many cool things they could have went into besides The Bad Batch and the sisters. Just feel it was a wasted opportunity again. Just my opinion.

I don’t think there were many other clones who didn’t turn. Probably 99% of them didn’t know about the chip, and likely didn’t get it removed.

From what we see in Rebels - Rex wasn't the only clone that got their chip removed and didn't fall in line with Order 66.

Right but how did they get their chip removed? They haven’t explained anyone besides Rex so far.

We don't really need to know. But they did show Rex getting his chip out at the end of S7 regardless. It could be safe to assume that Rex took on a mission to locate some specific clones and save them. You'd think though that he would have tried to save Cody.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    1) Did he make another light saber as he left without his. Where did he go hide?

3) Maul told her he was with Sidious, figure she would want to go find out if it was true.

4) the clones were already starting to look like storm troopers in the last episode. Empire was organized once Order 66 went through.

Many cool things they could have went into besides The Bad Batch and the sisters. Just feel it was a wasted opportunity again. Just my opinion.

I don’t think there were many other clones who didn’t turn. Probably 99% of them didn’t know about the chip, and likely didn’t get it removed.

From what we see in Rebels - Rex wasn't the only clone that got their chip removed and didn't fall in line with Order 66.

Right but how did they get their chip removed? They haven’t explained anyone besides Rex so far.

We don't really need to know. But they did show Rex getting his chip out at the end of S7 regardless. It could be safe to assume that Rex took on a mission to locate some specific clones and save them. You'd think though that he would have tried to save Cody.

He got his chip out during Order 66. If he saved anyone, it was likely after they had killed a Jedi.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

He got his chip out during Order 66. If he saved anyone, it was likely after they had killed a Jedi.

True - Wolf was with Rex in Rebels, yet Wolf was Plo Koon's leading clone. We knoe Plo was killed in his star fighter.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

True - Wolf was with Rex in Rebels, yet Wolf was Plo Koon's leading clone. We knoe Plo was killed in his star fighter.

Yeah I don’t know who that one pilot was, but I’d assume that Wolfe was close behind Plo and probably the best shot.

Gregor was also with Rex, but it’s possible that his chip was just not functional. I also don’t know what he did after being rescued by R2.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Yeah I don’t know who that one pilot was, but I’d assume that Wolfe was close behind Plo and probably the best shot.

Gregor was also with Rex, but it’s possible that his chip was just not functional. I also don’t know what he did after being rescued by R2.

Didn't Anakin split the 501st - half with Ahsoka and Rex and the other half returned to Coruscant with him - was Gregor with Rex and Ahsoka? If so, it was pretty clear from the end of S7 CW that only Rex and Ahsoka got out of that crash - not sure how Gregor would have survived that to show up in Rebels.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Didn't Anakin split the 501st - half with Ahsoka and Rex and the other half returned to Coruscant with him - was Gregor with Rex and Ahsoka? If so, it was pretty clear from the end of S7 CW that only Rex and Ahsoka got out of that crash - not sure how Gregor would have survived that to show up in Rebels.

Was Gregor 501st? I have no idea anymore lol
  • Nihion wrote: »

Was Gregor 501st? I have no idea anymore lol

I looked it up, wiki lists him as Foxtrot group 212th attack battalion. Didn't these 3 clones still keep a loose contact with the empire during Rebels? Wonder how that worked out.