Favorite Lightsaber Duel

124Next

Replies

• TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    "Mary Sue" usage aside (:eyeroll:), whatever you think of her character, it was because she was written that way.

I guess so. I used Mary Sue because unfortunately, a lot of female movie leads have been fitting that definition lately, I assume in an effort to make women look powerful or something. Personally, I don’t think that they should need to make women look powerful, because ideally people would just realize that all people can be powerful, or heroic, or carry any of those hero traits.

"Ideally"

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ep5: Luke vs Vader
    Nihion wrote: »
    "Mary Sue" usage aside (:eyeroll:), whatever you think of her character, it was because she was written that way.

I guess so. I used Mary Sue because unfortunately, a lot of female movie leads have been fitting that definition lately, I assume in an effort to make women look powerful or something. Personally, I don’t think that they should need to make women look powerful, because ideally people would just realize that all people can be powerful, or heroic, or carry any of those hero traits.

"Ideally"

True dat. But alas, it could be that we do need Mary Sues to teach that women can be movie characters. Hopefully soon we can just make a character and be like “She can be female, AND she can develop.”
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Ep1: Maul vs Kenobi

Exactly - poor writing.