Will you skip GL's completely or temporarily?

2Next

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    Unless they start talking about "the next GL" I dont think anyone should be 100% confident they will pass on these 2 GLs.

Not to pick a fight, but I have to disagree with this statement. As someone who is not a big fan of the hot mess that is the sequel trilogy, I'm 100% confident I'm going to pass on both of these.
  • I am like 5m gp and I am still skipping them completely. The events to unlock them just seem so awful and I have no interest in putting myself through them. I am also way closer on gl kylo but he sucks so much compared to rey it kills my interest.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I am like 5m gp and I am still skipping them completely. The events to unlock them just seem so awful and I have no interest in putting myself through them. I am also way closer on gl kylo but he sucks so much compared to rey it kills my interest.
    What? Kylo destroys Rey 1v1 and is the best PVE toon on the game which can help gearing other toon faster, yeah hard hard disagree
    I am like 5m gp and I am still skipping them completely. The events to unlock them just seem so awful and I have no interest in putting myself through them. I am also way closer on gl kylo but he sucks so much compared to rey it kills my interest.
    What? Kylo destroys Rey 1v1 and is the best PVE toon on the game which can help gearing other toon faster, yeah hard hard disagree

Why would it matter that he can beat her 1v1, if that is true, when a rey lead team steamrolls a kylo lead team?
  • I will not be going after GL Kylo or Rey. No interest in those characters, or inflating my roster with all the trash requirements. I'll farm up other teams I enjoy and hoard for something of interest that comes later on. Whether it's another GL or whatever it might be. This meta won't last forever.
  • Morgoth01
    493 posts Member
    Regarding the next meta, that might well be a toon which when plugged into a GL team will vastly improve it, rather than all new GLs.
    As a way to both prolong the pain of missing GLs, but still require spending to keep up with top of arena...

Just putting it out there...
  • DontSteptoThis
    106 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    yankeeh8er wrote: »

Why would it matter that he can beat her 1v1, if that is true, when a rey lead team steamrolls a kylo lead team?
    I don’t know why the hell you’re on about if I’m honest with you, Kylo can beat every team on the game and is the best raid character on the game, and lmao I meant a Kylo lead team can destroy a Rey team, Kylo can beat a Rey team with just Wat on his team hahahaha

I don’t know why the hell you’re on about if I’m honest with you, Kylo can beat every team on the game and is the best raid character on the game, and lmao I meant a Kylo lead team can destroy a Rey team, Kylo can beat a Rey team with just Wat on his team hahahaha

I was working on both gls before they came out and after watching videos or the events and reading about them I decided to stop. After they have been out for a while I have seen anhald and people like that complain a lot about kylo's weaknesses compared to rey. If you look at the current meta report you will also see that rey has almost doubled kylo already even though you would expect an even distribution between the 2 initially. https://swgoh.gg/stats/meta-report/

If you got kylo and are happy with jim that is great but I can't imagine shutting down basically everything in this game for 6 months for the 2nd best character. That would bother me immensely.
  • FofoBett
    135 posts Member
    Tempting as it is, but the requirements are just too high for me. I have yet to get GAS, hopefully in September/ October - not ready by miles for this event coming up. GL's are great if you've maxed everything and have lots of crystals because you're in the top 10. Us mere mortals (or those who are not Krakens or Whales) have to spend hours farming, dropping the odd crystal vault to gear up just the 'normal' toons to get the legendries. I've been playing for about 3 years now and focusing on 7* Malak, unlocking GAS and then 7* him first - I have all the others apart from Wat and KAM but these are a long way off.

GL's look great and I think any player with one or both should be promoted to a GL league - with greater rewards or GL specific gear and allow us F2P, minnows and dolphins to rank up and get some of the rewards hoarded by those at the top. I am reffering to a **** style league and yes, I know it will never happen!
  • I will get them eventually, don’t think it will be this year but most likely by February or March of 2021.

Never would I consider writing them off and never getting them. The event itself don’t look very entertaining, however the toons are strong and worth having in my roster. I don’t see them becoming obsolete and believe as the game moves forward they will only become easier to obtain. By that I mean getting the gear/relics on required characters will become easier and a new item/s will become the more difficult to obtain.
  • I'm going to be skipping them completely

Is it because of cost? Or is it something else? If you don't mind answering

My reasoning is purely because my interest is waivering in the game, so I am focusing on what I want now.

As a day 1 player the requirements are just too outlandish imo. Levelling characters that are requirements yet they are not actually needed or in fact helpful for the events themselves.
  • DemonR
    68 posts Member
    Spent circa $5 on a boba pack once years ago.

I'll meet requirements to unlock SLKR when the Finaliser comes around the second next time.

I will then turn my attention to GAS, then clones, then fix up my g10/g11 han/chewie, and my g11/g12 geos and any remaining gatacic republic toons for negotiator (i think just plo koon from memory)..... then im sure it'll be time to try for the next meta toon and i wont even start to get Rey.

In all honest, if the game is alive, and if im playing, Decemeber 2021 for Rey is my best guess.
  • Low key working on them. Very low key. I have several teams I want that require some of the better characters. When I am fine with those I will see what else is out there. I have gas and Malak, and there is still a lot of stuff I want more than GL. Mando and greef. 4k crystals from getting them free out of shipments when they drop!
  • Lysandrax wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Unless they start talking about "the next GL" I dont think anyone should be 100% confident they will pass on these 2 GLs.

As with all gear as time moves on we get more income, relics mats (and/or the gear needed) will increase or be more available over time.

I would also suspect that GLs will be long term placements in teams, even if not the leader.

Even if they are not GL's the meta will shift and whatever is coming it will be able to beat both GL's, same as the meta that comes after it and after it, I mean this is how the game has been so far.

For example I have been playing the game for year and half now, and not a single time I said darn it, if I had JTR/FO instead of my CLS, JKR, GG, Padme, or EP sith team I would have won this GAC.

I'm working on malak now and after it I will get GAS since I'm just missing c3po, and it is a good investment for TB, TW, and GAC, and they don't require bad toons to be reliced.

To me the requirement are too steep for the GL's and they will be over shadowed soon just like every other meta that has come and gone, the difference being that those older metas were something that you can get without hurting your matchmaking in GAC (again this doesn't apply to the people that already have their top 50 characters maxed out, I personally only have 8 characters that are reliced and if I were to get these toons to relic 5, I would only get 1 solid team out of it, where my enemy would have 2 solid reliced teams and would easily beat me)

I feel that with the requirements out there they will want these to "live in the meta" longer than previous toons. I don't see them being washed out in a similar fashion to other toons, unless by another GL.

But only time will tell

Exactly it's hard to tell what is coming next, and when it's coming, but looking back at every major new event that we had like heroes journey, legendary characters, epic confrontation and now galactic legends, there are always a meta shift with in few months and I don't believe anyone wants to have the same meta for more than 6 months.

I'm not saying the meta wont shift, just that I see it shifting with these toons in mind, not washing over them.

Agreed but this is perhaps an even more horrifying prospect, Rey is the best pvp toon in the game, the idea of having to relic your Rose Tico or be locked out of the top of arena for the next ~2 years sure does make me feel good.

I have said this before but count on more relic levels to even out the stats between GL and the other characters. Otherwise they are forever locked out of more pve content. They stopped the raid because they couldn't balance it around GL and they will fix that with new progression.
  • Not skipping - boycotting. No way I'm leveling and gearing characters for an event which aren't even part of the event. Sod that.

Also not a fan of either faction in the movies so no desire to touch them in game either.

I'll get the next one's maybe IFF there are any. Chances are it'll just be a Hero's Galactic Legendary buzzword buzzword buzzword event.

Meh! Just Meh!
  • Malevolan
    370 posts Member
    Hey this thread is mostly for people that are newer players/F2P with low relic materials.

I don't see myself being able to get the GL's any time soon even if I focus them down, by the time i get one of them we would be half way through the new meta, and with the low income of relic materials, I set my mind to completely skip these 2 characters and just save up for the next meta or the 2nd next meta and would probably wont come back to GL rey and kylo ever, since CG has no intention of buffing the useless toons we need to unlock them.

What are you guys going to do? Still farm them at some point or have you also given up? If you are going to farm them what's your strategy.

Again if you are the person who has unlocked everything and geared up everyone will obviously get it since not getting them will hurt your GAC matches

as far as I'm concerned this is a character collection game and I'm not interested in collecting Sequel trilogy characters really. I may crumble and eventually get Kylo but it's not a priority I have plenty of other characters I actually want to collect because I like those characters, Kylo is at least more interesting than Rey, but neither are particularly interesting.

I'll be gearing up my original trilogy and prequel trilogy and (once I get them I did skip old republic at the time to chase after General Skywalker) old republic characters instead, perhaps in anticipation of GL characters like Fallen Anakin Skywalker and Obi Wan Kenobi, Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker, etc.

I'm not really scared of the cost of developing characters up to high investment levels it's just I have little to no interest in the current GL characters or squads.
  • veejayti
    168 posts Member
    I’m skipping them completely purely because I don’t like either Rey or Kylo much enough to grind my heart out. If they release a Jedi Luke, a better Vader, Master Kenobi or Master Windu then I will grind it out because these are characters I enjoy. That’s how I like to play this game. Use characters which I enjoyed in the movie/tv series or are fun to play in game. Also because I don’t have Rose Tico, and I don’t want to get her.

Hahah well said my friend, I can agree with you there, I personally not a fan of the new trilogy and still haven't unlocked anyone post episode 7, and won't go for the grind because I don't like the characters that much anyway, however I would completely pause every farm I have if I needed to farm 10 mando toons to relic 7 in order to unlock the beskar mando with jet pack and whistling bird or baby yoda.

I agree with both of you guys the whole galactic legend thing is very much so not interesting, Rey and kylo are very much not star wars legends. I'm not a fan of the clone wars show but the presence of Anakin and his clones is legendary so I chase, these fan base dividing characters accessable under some **** **** system event can wait even if it cost arena placement.
  • I'll be more than likely skipping the first 2 and maybe try for the next if we get more in the future. I've done the meta game for too long and I just want to complete some B&A teams I have before starting anything else. Though I will say they threw and interesting twist into GAC matches now. Have to beat them with cunning strategy versus brute power.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    I’m hoarding everything I can. If the next big thing is nothing special then it’s SLKR. So holding pattern.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I’m hoarding everything I can. If the next big thing is nothing special then it’s SLKR. So holding pattern.

This is the way.
    They all need the same bottleneck gear: Stun guns, cuffs, carbanti, Kyro, g12 furnaces, etc.
    So start collecting all of that now. Once you have enough to g13 a full team, you will have more information available to you and can decide if you want Rey, SLKR, or hold out whoever else may be next (or it may even be announced by then).
  • I'm only skipping the first two. Just not the biggest fan of kylo or rey. I play to have fun, not hopelessly chase the meta. GL Vader and Luke though...👀
  • I probably won't get either GL, unless they rework some of the useless toons that they make you relic.

I'm ftp but not a day 1 player so I'm at 3.7mil GP, I've just unlocked Darth Revan so I'll be going after Malak next and then slowly building up for GAS.

It won't be long before I stop getting people to 7* and farm gear only (I don't have everyone at 7*, there's just none that I'll want to).
  • haysswa1
    169 posts Member
    It's truly sad how this game has evolved imo. I love star wars and used to love this game but I have never played this game as a focused pvp player. I don't care for the arenas, tw or gac, only sign up for free rewards. I only did the raids due to feeling compelled to help the guild out. Now I just join and get what I get. Never chased a meta nor do I plan to. These are my personal opinions and if some enjoy the way the game is going I'm happy for you but I truly don't care anymore about anything "new" they put out. They have raised the bar so far out of my reach for me to even think about trying. So no, as of right now I have zero intentions of farming any of the requirements, just too rich for my abilities. I've been playing daily since Dec of '15 and now I barely get on, just long enough to pick up free energy and do my daily requirements. I stay with my guild because I love the group and I'll ride it out til they shut down the servers but my heart definitely isn't in to it anymore.