No bonuses to Heroes in ages in TW

2Next

Replies

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I don't really miss the super-crazy TW bonuses like the one where every version of Han got Shoots First and such a whole lot. They were fun but some of them were obnoxiously difficult to plan a strategy for.

I do wish we'd get back something like the old TW bonuses. Bounty Hunters used to get like, extra crit damage, First Order started with Advantage I think? I forget the specifics, but they were small bonuses that were nice to have but not so earth-shattering that they totally upended the whole match.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Rmaxtpmx
    294 posts Member
    The problem wasn't whether the bans and bonuses where fun. It was the fact that all these spent resources and long grinds meant nothing.
  • Half the players ask for changes, half the players complain about changes. Then the other half do both.
    3/2 of players? I don’t have a PhD in maths, but this isn’t adding up. I think you mean 1/3 do one, another 1/3 do another and then one remaining 1/3 do both. But maybe I’m not understanding something. Please explain.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who are good at math and those who aren’t.
    It seems you are the latter.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • TVF wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Hell. We have two TWs between TBs. Why not do one boring, stale, lame one so that crowd is mollified and then give us a fun one?

Anecdotal but the ban TW was the most unified I've ever seen the player base be on one side of an issue, and it wasn't on the positive side.
    I have to say, the bans really annoyed me. Couldn’t use a normal team half the time.

• SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    Half the players ask for changes, half the players complain about changes. Then the other half do both.
    3/2 of players? I don’t have a PhD in maths, but this isn’t adding up. I think you mean 1/3 do one, another 1/3 do another and then one remaining 1/3 do both. But maybe I’m not understanding something. Please explain.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who are good at math and those who aren’t.

That’s ok, I’m good at fishing.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Half the players ask for changes, half the players complain about changes. Then the other half do both.

What is that three halves? I don't understand.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Half the players ask for changes, half the players complain about changes. Then the other half do both.

What is that three halves? I don't understand.
    Mathematically speaking, an improper fraction.
    Forumatically speaking, a joke.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    the funniest part about the bonuses was when there were a few people complaining that "many" in their guild built up those otherwise useless factions (at the time) just to get the tw bonuses so were upset when they changed/went away.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    The problem wasn't whether the bans and bonuses where fun. It was the fact that all these spent resources and long grinds meant nothing.

So all the resources and long grinds that people who worked on jawas and clones and first order and resistance and the Hans going to waste is fine? Okay.

There are three kinds of people in the world: Those who get jokes. Those who don't. And those who have to have the existence of a joke pointed out to them.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Hell. We have two TWs between TBs. Why not do one boring, stale, lame one so that crowd is mollified and then give us a fun one?

Anecdotal but

Self-pre-ninjad!
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member

So all the resources and long grinds that people who worked on jawas and clones and first order and resistance and the Hans going to waste is fine? Okay.

There are three kinds of people in the world: Those who get jokes. Those who don't. And those who have to have the existence of a joke pointed out to them.

Lol if u worked on jawas just because they were trialing some weird bonuses, u only have yourself to blame.

For the clones FO and resistance, if u think that your gear spent on those factions are wasted, what are you even doing?
  • NicWester wrote: »

And again, you seem the second option.
  • I kinda liked the TW bonuses, except when there was some banning system AND the devs paricipated in it. Like they couldnt really decide if they were developers or community managers. So i dont miss that idea at all. The owerpowered bonuses were only slightly annoying but brought much fun and twist into the planning stage, so all things considered that was positive for me.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

Lol if u worked on jawas just because they were trialing some weird bonuses, u only have yourself to blame.

For the clones FO and resistance, if u think that your gear spent on those factions are wasted, what are you even doing?

I don't think I've wasted any gear on any character, to be perfectly honest.

The entire point of this game is to collect them all and improve them all. This is, at heart, Pokemon in space. I'm doing what the game asks, so give me a place to play with my space pokemon. Folks only got mad about bonuses because they made those "useless" characters good and they felt left out. Boo hoo hoo. I'm sorry they feel sad because they only get to use their metamost roster on raids and arena and assault battles and mythic events and most territory wars and territory battles. What a crying, tragic shame that they put one thing into the game where their meta teams weren't inconvenienced but other players had a different sort of edge that put them on par. You're right, let's make sure that never happens again.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

The entire point of this game is to collect them all and improve them all.

I don't understand why people say stuff like this. There's no one point to this game. Play how you want. I have no interest in improving my CUP or Gam Guard in the slightest. So I didn't. I'm still having fun and doing well.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    wait, 50 teams total or 50 teams in each zone? you said zone but that can't be right can it? Or you want 500 teams on D?

Ground zone only so its 400.
    For high end guild, why not?

People complaining about facing same team again and again in GAC and suggest more team for it, I am just doing the same.

no way in heck do I want to have to do...<<checks math in thread>>...700% more battles for the same rewards. hard pass

Then starts banning chars or adding bonuses if ppl dont want to fight same team again and again.

How about banning a team on defence, that would be nice 😂
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

The entire point of this game is to collect them all and improve them all.

I don't understand why people say stuff like this. There's no one point to this game. Play how you want. I have no interest in improving my CUP or Gam Guard in the slightest. So I didn't. I'm still having fun and doing well.

You can play any game however you want and as long as you enjoy yourself you're doing fine.

But the design of a game has a deliberate and specific intent. The intent of this game is for people to collect everything, otherwise those things wouldn't exist in the game. If the purpose of the game is to be competitive, then anything that isn't competitive is either removed or reworked into balance. Look at fighting games, for example--if a character is bad, they improve the character, if a meta is too strong they tweak a character to change the meta. The goal of those games is competitive balance, not collecting or improving your character (not that you can improve a character in a fighting game, of course, but you can in an RPG like WoW, etc).

The intention of a game informs its mechanics and what players are expected to do. What they actually do is entirely up to them, as you said, I'm not disagreeing there. But that doesn't mean there isn't an intent by the designers.