Military Might

2Next

Replies

• yankeeh8er
    604 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I tried rex lead with 3po. I have rex and fives r7 echo and arc r4 and 3po g12. My 3po dies in p1 or p2 at the latest.
  • wildnz
    256 posts Member
    My C3p0 was getting killed like yours @yankeeh8er. I put my best protection and health set on him and he lives to the end. The “fixes” have made the event harder for me with CLS g12+5 r5 Han/Chew , G12+3 C3p0 and relic 7 Fives. I have done it each time , but last time took many attempts and this time I stopped after 2 hrs. The big difference is in stage 8 I used to be able take out Vader in the first two moves (Han then CLS with Chewy assists ) as I preloaded the offence buff in stage 7, now I can’t kill him or Thrawn before the TM train goes. Worse still, there are MANY YouTube guides from before the change that no longer work the same way. Will try the Rex lead with C3p0 ; thanks for suggestion.
  • Wildnz I just realized that I put speed mods on 3po so that he could spam his basic to reduce Rex's cooldown on his areial assault. I will have to try it with health and protection next time.
  • This team has worked for me once I got Cody to G12
    a0bdppfxxyfu.jpg
    Still RNG but definitely doable. Fives should call Cody to assist whenever possible to feed him TM. Cody is modded for protection to keep him alive through the opening AOE waves.
  • Hey there, having exactly the same problem.... I'm using Cody (L), 5s, Echo, ARC and Rex all R7 6* mods

Worked the first three times Challenge Tier 2 came out, didnt work ever after again

My Rex has 320 Speed and doesnt get to take a turn in the last encounter... I always get there with full health, fulll protection but it just ends up with Palp getting a turn and either stun everyone (which results in him getting 100% turn meter cause his lead) or him stunning no one (which results in him getting 100% turn meter cause Capital Games says so)...
    Than it's not just Palps Lead... but also Vaders Lead active which results in them gaining absurd amounts of turn meter and me losing turn meter with everything they do... oh and btw dear Capital Games... the Royal Guards have a 80% to stun.... not a 100% stun that ignores tenacity.... OH and they also dont gain 30% turn meter whenever Palp, Vader or Thrawn do something. And maybe... just maybe.... Vader's Culling Blade shouldn't do 100k dmg and above on enemies without any debuffs... just a hint

With this Event... Capital Games really did a great job... if their idea was to take their game.... and mod it like some 6 year old who plays a game... loses all the time... and decides to take a cheat sheet cause THEY SUCK.

Phase 8 is only winable if rng says so.... means: Rex get's a turn before Vader, Palp and Thrawn AND has his Form Up ready - If he doesn't, you can surrender right away and even if he does, you can still lose very easily cause as I described above: Capital Games modded this Phase out of reason

Do they know this? yes
    Do they care? no
    Will they change it sometime? eventually when new Relics become a thing and this event becomes enjoyable
    (so they obviously push the dmg and turn meter gain into infinity
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    it's extremely annoying to be able to auto first level on my alt, then auto the next one until last level, just to watch ep and his redboys show up and just go ham freezing everyone and ep one-shotting everyone he hits. that is all
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • It's designed for Rebels. That's pretty much the entirety of your problem.
  • Well than it would have been an 'intelligent' idea to only allow Rebels... but this Event is for Clones and Rebels so it should be possible to do this Phase with either
  • It works for me with rebels. They are not R7. Highest is just R1
  • I just made it to p8 on tier 2 with rex l, fives, echo, arc, and g12 chewie. I had everyone alive full health and mostly full protection. Rex went first and gave everyone tenacity up, i got lucky and thrawn fractured arc. I thought "wow I am gonna do this". Rex went again and nuked palp, and then all hell broke lose. My guys lost tenacity up, vader attacked twice in a row and killed arc causing fives to sacrifice. Next thrawn swapped turns with vader who debugged my team again and then attacked right away again and killed rex and I was done. Sucks it can go bad so quickly.
  • Keep in mind they recently patched the event so that the heal over time actually works, which is a huge plus. But they also patched away the fact that the special ability no longer remains between waves, which is more of a detriment than HoT working is a positive. I actually think it's a lot harder now even with Rebels.

That said, it was this time a month ago that I was **** about HoT not working, so I guess you reap what you sow.
  • Keep in mind they recently patched the event so that the heal over time actually works, which is a huge plus. But they also patched away the fact that the special ability no longer remains between waves, which is more of a detriment than HoT working is a positive. I actually think it's a lot harder now even with Rebels.

That said, it was this time a month ago that I was **** about HoT not working, so I guess you reap what you sow.

Didn't realize this had all been covered in page 1 since it took me to page 2 of the whole thread
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Was able to do it last time with g12 Rebels. This time with Han bumped up to r3, I can’t do it. Have tried probably 30-40 times. The number of assists are definitely down from before. It is very noticeable.
  • I'm mind-blown to hear all of you doing it with lower geared CLS rebels. Even all R7 I still think it presents a challenge on the last mission.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    CLS, Han, Chewie, 3PO and 5s. Works every time. Granted they are all r3, 5s is r7. For tier 2 success you use the mission special first. In the final battle I take out EP first then Vader.
  • Well than it would have been an 'intelligent' idea to only allow Rebels... but this Event is for Clones and Rebels so it should be possible to do this Phase with either

There are other assault battles where different factions are allowed that hardly anyone uses. There’s one where Jedi or Ewoks are allowed. Would you have the same opinion that Ewoks should be able to clear t2 of that one?
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Well than it would have been an 'intelligent' idea to only allow Rebels... but this Event is for Clones and Rebels so it should be possible to do this Phase with either

I imagine all of these T2s are possible with the "recommended" gear of both factions, but there is always 1 faction that is significantly better at it than the other.
    Rebels are better than clones
    Sith are better than FO
    Jedi are better than Ewoks
    Bounty Hunters are better than Imp Troopers
    Nightsisters are better than Phoenix
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Phase 8 is only winable if rng says so.... means: Rex get's a turn before Vader, Palp and Thrawn AND has his Form Up ready - If he doesn't, you can surrender right away and even if he does, you can still lose very easily cause as I described above: Capital Games modded this Phase out of reason

Not completely RNG. Don't use form up in wave 7. Save echo's special too. You can usually manipulate the last few turns in wave 7 to leave Rex TM loaded going in to wave 8. Not always, but at least half the time.

Focus on thrawn first, he's the only threat you have if you open with Rex. I can usually knock him out before Rex gets his 2nd turn. Rex nukes Palp and it's mostly cleanup from there.

IMO the worse RNG is surving the initial AOEs. Had a run where the 2nd attack from all the magmas seemed to always hit Cody and knock him down faster than he could heal.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Well than it would have been an 'intelligent' idea to only allow Rebels... but this Event is for Clones and Rebels so it should be possible to do this Phase with either

I imagine all of these T2s are possible with the "recommended" gear of both factions, but there is always 1 faction that is significantly better at it than the other.
    Sith are better than FO

I bet SLKR makes FO the better choice once unlocked.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Monel wrote: »

Sith are better than FO

T2 is almost an auto with Palpatine lead. Not sure how it can be easier than that
    Even if it is easier it s not like it will help a lot anyway since it was already easy
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member

There are other assault battles where different factions are allowed that hardly anyone uses. There’s one where Jedi or Ewoks are allowed. Would you have the same opinion that Ewoks should be able to clear t2 of that one?

Yes. Ewoks at the recommended gear and mod levels should be able to clear t2 of that. Can they? I have no idea.
    Phase 8 is only winable if rng says so.... means: Rex get's a turn before Vader, Palp and Thrawn AND has his Form Up ready - If he doesn't, you can surrender right away and even if he does, you can still lose very easily cause as I described above: Capital Games modded this Phase out of reason

Not completely RNG. Don't use form up in wave 7. Save echo's special too. You can usually manipulate the last few turns in wave 7 to leave Rex TM loaded going in to wave 8. Not always, but at least half the time.

100% RNG. You can do what you just said 20 times and still not have Rex go before EP in the final wave, and then you're stunned and you lose. 20 is not an arbitrary number here, either. My r5+ clones took 22 attempts yesterday.
  • wildnz wrote: »
    My C3p0 was getting killed like yours @yankeeh8er. I put my best protection and health set on him and he lives to the end. The “fixes” have made the event harder for me with CLS g12+5 r5 Han/Chew , G12+3 C3p0 and relic 7 Fives. I have done it each time , but last time took many attempts and this time I stopped after 2 hrs. The big difference is in stage 8 I used to be able take out Vader in the first two moves (Han then CLS with Chewy assists ) as I preloaded the offence buff in stage 7, now I can’t kill him or Thrawn before the TM train goes. Worse still, there are MANY YouTube guides from before the change that no longer work the same way. Will try the Rex lead with C3p0 ; thanks for suggestion.

Mod so that C3P0 has guard. That keeps him alive till wave 8 for me.

I use the same team- CLS Han Chewie 3P0 Fives with slightly higher gear and can finish it reliably (1-4 attempts usually, sometimes I just auto at work and it'll finish eventually)
  • I did it with CLS, Han, Echo, Fives and Rex. CLS Relic 4, Han Relic 3, Echo g12 + 2 (I think), Fives Relic 2 and Rex Relic 3. Took a couple attempts but was able to 2 star. Fives sacrificed.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »

Sith are better than FO

T2 is almost an auto with Palpatine lead. Not sure how it can be easier than that
    Even if it is easier it s not like it will help a lot anyway since it was already easy

Yup it is pretty easy right now, but since you are unsure a stronger squad would make it easier. ;)
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    wildnz wrote: »

Mod so that C3P0 has guard. That keeps him alive till wave 8 for me.

C3P0 also gives himself 15% protection up whenever he gets a buff, being GR. So he can pop the event special (retrib buff) or his mass attack (which grants stealth and translation) to give himself a bit of a shield to mitigate the many aoes in the early stages. Han can also grant him buffs with his 2nd special to accomplish the same thing. C3's 2nd zeta, giving him translation at the beginning of each stage, also helps add some evasion (+10% evasion per stack) to avoid damage as well.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • veejayti
    168 posts Member
    Natethorns wrote: »
    So, a little issue I have noticed with the Military Might event is that Challenge Tier Two is unreasonably difficult. I know that it is supposed to be hard but seriously?! I have full R7 501st, all zetas, 6* Mods, and I have tried Fives Lead with G12 +5 Zeta Chewie and G11 Z Cody just for his leadership. Both have gotten me to the final encounter with pretty good health and protection, greater than 70%. Then the RG, EP, Vader, and Thrawn blow me out of the water. Stuns all around, Fracture, Culling blade insta kill on Rex and every time EP shocks Rex right before Fives sacrifice and he doesn’t get the health back. None of the other Assault battles are nearly this bad. My Rex has 300 speed and everyone runs laps around my team (usually 3-4 turns) before I get one turn. I’m sure I can’t be the only one with this issue, a fix might be nice, just sayin

Try zeta Cody lead and on wave 7 try to time rex to go first on wave 8. Everyone on wave 8 can stun you and this is the problem, tenacity up will give you enough time to big shot palp with rex, I also went ahead and took Cody to gear 13, no matter your speed they all are going run circles around you, work tenacity up and the free retribution 2 or 3 tries you should get it.
  • veejayti
    168 posts Member
    EdSolo wrote: »
    Really this isn't the hard event. CLS lead rebels can get through it. Mine are all G12 +5, 4, or 3 and it took me only one attempt today. I would say the hardest event is one vs. Sith. I can't even get through tier 1 of the harder level. Granted, my nightsisters could use some more work since zombie and ghost are still g12 +5, but I have Assaj G13 and Talzin and Daka G12 +4 and I can't get past Sidious.

I did that one by taking daka to relic 6 with a focus on energy, with talzin lead a relic 4 asajj and the rest gear 12, its tough and it took a few tries but I got past sidious. Then didn't pay attention to the death troopers and had to do it again but I was able to so a working formula, oh yeah crit avoidance 6e mod arrow on daka as well
  • StarSon wrote: »
    100% RNG. You can do what you just said 20 times and still not have Rex go before EP in the final wave, and then you're stunned and you lose. 20 is not an arbitrary number here, either. My r5+ clones took 22 attempts yesterday.

That's not RNG. You have some control over how you end phase 7. Not 100% control on TM but nothing that should take 20+ attempts. Once you learn how much damage you do against the wave 7 toons you can plan your last few moves to control Rex's TM. You do have 100% control of specials not being on cooldown.

An actual RNG event would be the KAM mission where Jango's opening move is purely random and can literally screw over your attempt before you make a move. And only one attempt per month, at that, smh.
  • I was able to actually beat tier 2 with full 501st only rex and fives relic 7, arc and echo 6 and Cody's leader(zeta). It might take a few tries but if u can get all 501st clones to stage 7 then ur close. I make fives taunt most of the time cuz he's pretty beefed up and can recover alot of protection cuz of cody. Up till 7/8 make sure that rex has his abilities ready and host most of his turn meter filled. Make sure when u do enter to keep tenacity up and take out Vader first. Then palpatine then thrawn. If ur speed and tenacity is good then stuns shouldn't be much of a problem